The Relativity of Nina Sharp (A Set of Theories)

General Discussion for 'Fringe'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: The Relativity of Nina Sharp (A Set of Theories)

Postby DarthLocke on Wed May 11, 2011 3:27 am

JacobsMom wrote:I guess I disagree that Nina looks the same during the funeral for Olivia. I think they did try to make both Walter and Nina look older with a slight thinning of their lips and lighter makeup. Not everyone ends up with gray hair either as they age. I can see a slight difference in what they did with her from Peter's funeral to this one. Unfortunately, I don't think the makeup artists succeeded in making either of them look 15 years older for this episode.

I am sort of disappointed that we didn't get any new information on Nina for the season. I just hope that she has some interesting story line that is all her very own and not some "reincarnation" of someone else. To me, that would be much more exciting than trying to fit her into another character we already know about.

I feel the opposite because if she were another incanate of someone else, then it opens up a bigger can of worms about the nature of blue universe...it makes it more fluid and shows, if it is an Olivia or her dughter, then some other future, or past (history) out there has already let them/her survive....because this brian porting that Peter is doing could have been done before, like Peck

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby JacobsMom on Thu May 12, 2011 10:00 pm

DarthLocke wrote:
JacobsMom wrote:I guess I disagree that Nina looks the same during the funeral for Olivia. I think they did try to make both Walter and Nina look older with a slight thinning of their lips and lighter makeup. Not everyone ends up with gray hair either as they age. I can see a slight difference in what they did with her from Peter's funeral to this one. Unfortunately, I don't think the makeup artists succeeded in making either of them look 15 years older for this episode.

I am sort of disappointed that we didn't get any new information on Nina for the season. I just hope that she has some interesting story line that is all her very own and not some "reincarnation" of someone else. To me, that would be much more exciting than trying to fit her into another character we already know about.

I feel the opposite because if she were another incanate of someone else, then it opens up a bigger can of worms about the nature of blue universe...it makes it more fluid and shows, if it is an Olivia or her dughter, then some other future, or past (history) out there has already let them/her survive....because this brian porting that Peter is doing could have been done before, like Peck

Well, we'll see but from that interview I read of Wyman and Pinkner's review of the finale, it sounds like they are going to get right into the story lines of the red and blue universes, in real time, trying to fix this problem that Walter made. I do want to know Nina's story but just like the guys said they set things up slowly to reveal later on. Nina may be one of the last holdouts imo. It does sound like we are going to get much more of The Observers in season 4!!! :thumbsup:
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby DarthLocke on Thu May 12, 2011 11:09 pm

JacobsMom wrote:
DarthLocke wrote:

Well, we'll see but from that interview I read of Wyman and Pinkner's review of the finale, it sounds like they are going to get right into the story lines of the red and blue universes, in real time, trying to fix this problem that Walter made. I do want to know Nina's story but just like the guys said they set things up slowly to reveal later on. Nina may be one of the last holdouts imo. It does sound like we are going to get much more of The Observers in season 4!!! :thumbsup:

If this machine(s) does what I think it can do, then it may not be the first time it was used in the blue universe's timeline...because I realised this might explain certian discrepancies (things that don't make physical sense-like Walter's birthdate and Robert's death date) as if the machine has been reseting and thus altering itself back MANY times in the blue universe's timeline in order to keep avioding the bigger repeat of a sad fate...just like Peck was trying to do, except that he wasn't projecting into possible futures to change 'the past'...

I am glad about the Observers though...and I do agree I think they are going to hold Nina back for a bit- I just think there are too many parallels for Nina to not be, or have been, relative to the Olivias in some way.

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:17 pm

Ok I am back to the idea that Nina is an older version --or rather the Original Olivia.

I started to think about my on theory in which I believe the two universes relationship is something that went from an original universe creating a child-clone of itself, allowed for the entanglement of the that child finding a door to it's mother's past and allowing them to mutate as conjoined twins.

As I have been discussing these ideas a great deal, I keep coming to the the idea that Peter is a being that is created as means for hope of the original timeline --a man made man--someone synthetic (a cylon). His purpose like a child- is to help the new timeline live on--to extend the life of the original.

With that I have often said that the red universe was the original reality until the newer blue found a way back to it and alter them in some ways for the worse, but yet still with the possibility of hope and a promise for a better tomorrow.
With that I think the original characters looked and first acted like the red universe characters...Peter comments to red Olivia (You look like someone I know. Only your hair is different. I like yours better) --The red is/was then the root of all problems, as Walternate really was the only character we had yet to see any change of, as no matter what he was hell bent on destroying the blue universe. The red universe can only change if the blue finds away to make it so.

It also then suddenly occured to me that Red Olivia had a child---and this child is what changed her outlook.
Nina Sharp in the Pilot and on her Tales of the Fringe comic cover is motifed with falling leaves, a representation of Fall-(Red is also a Fall color-the leaves)---Fall could be associated with the idea of coming of age--approaching death, reflective, and wisdom, and regrets--before dealing with the truth of a harsh Winter (which snow flakes are blue Olivia's motif) Nina also watched over Peter as a child--she seems to pose as a mother figure outside of the Elisabeth Bishops. She also posed as a mother figure to Olivia in the Pilot--

IMO this is no coincidence---somehow a version of the Original Olivia survived and is playing a role---a role that ties to the creation of children----through new various and recreated altered states of timelines.

Peter is spring--he is rebirth.

I

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:56 pm

Have some interesting ideas to add to the thread.

Beyond the Fringe Comic Series "Peter and the Machine" is a cannon continuation from Peter's 2026 experience, extending through the history(ies) of another Peter up until the point he comes back to create the bridge in his 2011, before he disappears and goes elsewhere.

The comic makes point to have Peter meet another possible GREEK version of a PREGNANT blonde Olivia from 357 B.C.E., whom he saves her life.

The plot this season is that Peter's new found existence plays with "time displacement". IMO I believe the yellow themes have to do with soul energy and that the machines can also act as soul magnets for Peter(s)...with that in mind we might then discuss "what is a soul" and can a soul split and/or manifest?

It seems likely that no matter how one would slice that concept, that there is more than one of everything and that everything is trying to progress...including then, the soul (or collective souls).

When we get "Alone in the World" it seems like the cast directors went out of their way to pick a boy who looks very much like a boy version of Walter! The comic IMO is suggesting that perhaps souls are not just manifesting from timeline to timeline or sets of time lines, but perhaps incarnations of oneself also co-exist with in any one timeline....because somehow 'timeline re-arranging' is about displacing people in time in general.

I have occationally come to think that there could be a bigger picture...a temporal cold war with Massive Dynamics often being the center of it....

It's curious then in this other iteration of the parallel universes that Nina would be in a parental role with Olivia (what in the heck happened to Aunt Missy??), but seemingly we see someone a little colder and more calculating (almost like red Olivia), but also on the verge of being mainly like the former Walternate, maybe worse...or maybe like in the other pair of universe, her possible evilness only goes so far, and that whatever the evil force may be, just may derive from her, and not necessarily be initiated by her.

all in all this incarnation-aspect still could support any initial theories I had about her/their relativity to any of the Dunhams.

Also Violet Sedan Chair's "Seven Suns (Setting)" has some curious lyrics...

A void in space
your name replaced
what can last
From future to past

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:53 pm

First off the double Nina business. If truly shapeshifters can't change with out killing, and IF the evil Nina is a shapeshifter, then he had to kill Nina's doppleganger and assume her identity...

In some ways this is similar to what happened with Olivia at the beginnings of season 3...Red Olivia pretends to be blue Olivia, while blue Olivia is given the red alternates memories and chooses for a time to believe she is her.

But I went back through Violet Sedan Chair Lyrics and "Long List of Lovers" seems to relate to Nina Sharp implying all the lovers she had, including a love triangle between her Walter and William Bell. (which is also further expressed in The Tales of Fringe comic series)

There was Jimmy and John
Vinnie and Vaughn
Ricky and Robby and William and Walt
and on and on and on

It occurred to me that besides thinking that somehow Nina was relative to the Olivias, I also have thought that Peter was a modified clone of Walter...When you think about it, Lincoln Lee has the potential to be in the role of William Bell...the one Nina choose over Walter....

But "Hovercraft Mother" may also relate to Nina in season 4 and --the man in Zeppelin as a Zeppelin is a "hover craft" --the shadow of a marked death!

You say your mama knows what’s best
no use debating
though I’m sure I’d pass her test
I’m sick of waiting

I want to love you but your hovercraft mother
is hovering above you
I know you love her but I’m going undercover
cause your hovercraft mother
is hovering above you

I’m sinking like a stone for you honey
I’m home and I’ll make supper
just as soon as I’m able
but your mama’s at the stove
and I should have known
she done decided every dish on the table

I’m hardly strong enough to fight
for what I’m feeling
but after all the days and all the nights
I’m sick of dealing

Perhaps in the Fringe universe there is more than one way to create an alternate time line the machine does something different---if it actually re-arranges reality in a manner of seconds, then you might really have the potential to really shake things up---LIKE A SNOW GLOBE---There might several missing pieces and incarnations of people living amongst themselves because the loops and snow-globe-effect create the impossible...

And somehow I missed "500 years" Lyrics

500 Years

I’ve been waiting for 500 years
in the hope that my lost love appears
watching clouds of shifting shapes go by
casting shadows dancing far and wide

People come and people go
reincarnating
I will be waiting
I will be waiting here
Kingdoms rise and kingdoms fall
they keep on fading
I’ll keep on waiting
even if it takes 500 years

I saw King Arthur pull his sword from stone
I was there the day he took his throne
I looked on as Merlin disappeared
and when Lancelot took Guenevere

People come and people go
reincarnating
I will be waiting
I will be waiting here
Kingdoms rise and kingdoms fall
they keep on fading
I’ll keep on waiting
even if it takes 500 years

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Previous

Return to Fringe Discussion [No spoilers!]