[Official] Fringe News and Discussion

General Discussion for 'Fringe'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: [Official] Fringe News and Discussion

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:53 pm

Jeff Pinkner Steps Down as Show Runner/Producer For Season 5!
http://www.tvfanatic.com/2012/06/jeff-pinkner-steps-down-as-fringe-producer/

I am not real worried about this. I think they probably already know what they want to do (how they want to end the story).

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:23 pm

September's Notebook - January 29th 2013
Delve into television’s most otherworldly phenomenon! Fringe: September’s Notebook is a uniquely in-world collection that explores the intricate destinies of Walter Bishop, Peter Bishop, and Olivia Dunham. Gathered by the Observer known only as “September,” these pages reveal new truths about the Fringe Division and Massive Dynamic. The book also closely examines the Amber timeline and the alternate universe “Over There.”

Packed with concept art, exclusive photos, and intriguing ephemera, September’s Notebook will satisfy every serious fan’s hunger for details about the Observers, quirks and little-known facts about each character, insight into Fringe Science, and much more. “Easter eggs” throughout build on the many symbols and codes woven into the show’s fabric, uncovering truths never before revealed.

With its layered storytelling, well-rendered characters, and complex overarching narrative, Fringe is the ideal show around which to publish, and Fringe: [url]September’s Notebook provides a totally immersive reading experience.[/url]

For Cover Art and Listing Info See Amazon's Page Here:
http://www.amazon.com/Fringe-Septembers-Notebook-Tara-Bennett/dp/1608871304/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340810255&sr=8-1&keywords=septembers+notebook

So it looks like it will be an encyclopedia, but also give information that they find important that they couldn't get to in the show :thumbsup: , which probably then will add an extra dimension and new perspecitve onto the show once it's finished, or near finished depending if we're get 13 straight episodes, or if it will be split between fall and midseason. It's on my pre-order for sure!

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DharmaLager on Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:13 pm

Interesting - though unfortunately, it would likely collect dust in my house much like my Lost encyclopedia I got last Christmas does (I lack a coffee table, so I have nowhere to put it).
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:50 pm

DharmaLager wrote:Interesting - though unfortunately, it would likely collect dust in my house much like my Lost encyclopedia I got last Christmas does (I lack a coffee table, so I have nowhere to put it).

I pick mine up every now and again, especially if I think I have forgotten something, -But I am happy that Fringe's is going to be a little bit more than an encyclopedia by giving us extra information. There were only a couple of things in the LOST encyclopedia that actually gave certain details on things in which were being debated, that we couldn't prove one way or the other. I think the LOST encyclopedia would have benefited from giving more extras, so I am impressed that the Fringe encyclopedia will expand beyond the show, or clarify things within it.

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:08 am

Season 5 Production Temporally Halted!
Production on the final season of Fringe has temporarily stopped as both John Noble and Blair Brown have fallen ill. Production is expected to to resume next week.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/07/fringe-production-temporarily-halted.html

Additionally Zap2It Reported that Jasika Nicole was also shaken up a little bit from a very recent car crash.

Sounds like a lot of bad luck. :(

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:08 pm

Joel H. Wyman, J.J. Abrams, Kathy Lingg, and Bryan Burke Have A PILOT Commitment with Fox!
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
With Fringe heading into its final season, the series’ JJ Abrams and J.H. Wyman have set up a new futuristic drama at Fox.

In a competitive situation, the network has nabbed the untitled Warner Bros. TV/Bad Robot-produced project with a pilot production commitment. It is described as an action-packed buddy cop show, set in the near future, when all LAPD officers are partnered with highly evolved human-like androids. Wyman is writing and will executive produce with Bad Robot’s Abrams and Bryan Burk. Kathy Lingg is co-exec producing.http://www.deadline.com/2012/09/jj-abramsj-h-wyman-drama-lands-at-fox-with-pilot-production-commitment/

What's so weird is that is sounds a lot like
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Jasika Nichole's fun spinn-off idea. And I remember how Fringe fans also wished the there would be a red universe show, because those characters are so fun! -But I am then also reminded immediately of "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? (Blade Runner) -which also extended it's reference in Fringe, "Do Shapesshifters Dream of Electric Sheep?" -It could be a hit or miss, but since it's still labled, "drama", it could be good)

I put these things in spoiler tags, because some people may consider new Pilot info spoiler-ish. :)

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:20 pm

My Friend, Laura gave me the following Link. I do not know if it is "factual" or not, but just incase it is I will post the link. The Following is a claim to a person who writing FRINGE Tie-Material, 3 Prequels Novels. (seems like it is from the season 1-3 blue timeline!)

3 Prequel Tie-In Novels - The Zodiac Paradox, The Burning Man, Untitled 3rd Novel:
For those unfamiliar with the show, it’s kind of an X-Files-style science fiction series in which a female FBI agent teams up with a (literally) mad scientist and his reluctant, ne’er-do-well son to investigate an escalating plague of weird, unexplained phenomena.

I’ve been hired to write three prequels, each centered around one of the three main characters. The first, called THE ZODIAC PARADOX, features Walter, the scientist, along with William Bell and Nina Sharp in 1974. The second THE BURNING MAN, features Olivia, the FBI agent, as a teenager in 1995. (This is the book I’m working on right now.) The third and still untitled book will feature Peter, the scientist’s son, during his shady, gray-market dealings in 2008, just before the start of the first season.

http://faustfatale.livejournal.com/275639.html

*UPDATE:
I Checked Amazon and "The Burning Man" (the second novel) is available for pre-order (so it seems legit!)
http://www.amazon.com/Fringe-The-Burning-Man-Novel/dp/1781163111/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357485565&sr=8-1&keywords=fringe+burning+man

From Amazon's page:

The critically acclaimed Fringe television series explores the dramatic and grotesque as impossible crimes are investigated by the government's shadowy Fringe Division, established when Special Agent Olivia Dunham enlisted institutionalized "fringe" scientist Walter Bishop and his globe-trotting son, Peter, to help in investigations that defy all human logic - and the laws of nature.

Author Christa Faust (Choke Hold, Supernatural) is working hand-in-hand with the television writers to create new adventures uncovering the secrets of the series. The first novel revealed how Walter Bishop and William Bell discovered the drug Cortexiphan--and the alternate universe! Book two will explore how Olivia Dunham first was subjected to Cortexiphan experiments, with catastrophic results.

Faust has been given unprecedented access to stories that have not been told on-screen, but weave directly into the series canon, much as Joss Whedon's Buffy graphic novels continue that series' official storyline.

Copyright © 2012 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. FRINGE and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Previous

Return to Fringe Discussion [No spoilers!]