[Official] Fringe News and Discussion

General Discussion for 'Fringe'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: [Official] Fringe News and Discussion

Postby JacobsMom on Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:38 am

supermodel wrote:
From EW.com:

Joshua Jackson reacts to Fox's 'Fringe' warning
There may be infinite parallel universes, but there’s probably not one where Joshua Jackson was happy about Fox chief Kevin Reilly’s statements about Fringe yesterday.

For those who missed the bombshell, the Fox chief declared “we lose a lot of money on the show. But with that rating on that night it’s almost impossible for us to make money on it. We’re not in the business of losing money. We need to figure out if there’s a [deal with studio Warner Bros. that] will make sense or will this be it.”

At the network’s party on Sunday night, the actor wasn’t amused by the comments.
“He could not have been more clear,” Jackson said. “He’s not running a charitable foundation. And if the show is really not making money [then that should be it]. But the important thing to me is that our writers are given a chance to finish the show because it’s a serialized show.”

Reilly was also at the party and had a chance to clarify his statements from earlier in the day. Though he remained firm on his stance that the show isn’t profitable and that studio Warner Bros. needs to make concessions for the drama to continue, he suggested that Fringe could — and should — have a legitimate ending if it were cancelled. But he made it sound like that ball is more in the studio’s court.

“That’s a Peter Roth issue,” Reilly said, referring to the WB TV studio chief. “I don’t want it to go out with a whimper. We don’t want to fumble the ball at the 5-yard line. If it ends up being the last show, we’ll end up doing it right.”

I also saw this online yesterday and it does seem like this will be the last season for Fringe. :( I really enjoyed this show and can see how tptb could finish the storyline up for us hardcore fans with what is left of the season. Hopefully, that will be the case and there will a nice ending for those of us who have watched faithfully all 4 years.

I don't care for there to be some future continuation of Fringe in another media form though. I've never read the graphic novels available and don't see myself pursuing them to add to the television series. I like watching the actors who made Fringe so much fun to watch all these years! :thumbsup:
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:38 am

JacobsMom wrote:
supermodel wrote:
From EW.com:

Joshua Jackson reacts to Fox's 'Fringe' warning
There may be infinite parallel universes, but there’s probably not one where Joshua Jackson was happy about Fox chief Kevin Reilly’s statements about Fringe yesterday.

For those who missed the bombshell, the Fox chief declared “we lose a lot of money on the show. But with that rating on that night it’s almost impossible for us to make money on it. We’re not in the business of losing money. We need to figure out if there’s a [deal with studio Warner Bros. that] will make sense or will this be it.”

At the network’s party on Sunday night, the actor wasn’t amused by the comments.
“He could not have been more clear,” Jackson said. “He’s not running a charitable foundation. And if the show is really not making money [then that should be it]. But the important thing to me is that our writers are given a chance to finish the show because it’s a serialized show.”

Reilly was also at the party and had a chance to clarify his statements from earlier in the day. Though he remained firm on his stance that the show isn’t profitable and that studio Warner Bros. needs to make concessions for the drama to continue, he suggested that Fringe could — and should — have a legitimate ending if it were cancelled. But he made it sound like that ball is more in the studio’s court.

“That’s a Peter Roth issue,” Reilly said, referring to the WB TV studio chief. “I don’t want it to go out with a whimper. We don’t want to fumble the ball at the 5-yard line. If it ends up being the last show, we’ll end up doing it right.”

I also saw this online yesterday and it does seem like this will be the last season for Fringe. :( I really enjoyed this show and can see how tptb could finish the storyline up for us hardcore fans with what is left of the season. Hopefully, that will be the case and there will a nice ending for those of us who have watched faithfully all 4 years.

I don't care for there to be some future continuation of Fringe in another media form though. I've never read the graphic novels available and don't see myself pursuing them to add to the television series. I like watching the actors who made Fringe so much fun to watch all these years! :thumbsup:

I agree that it's not the same with out the actors, which is why I hope if something bad happens we will get webisodes instead, but Joshua Jackson did write his arc/story for the last comic set ("Peter and the Machine"), which I thought was pretty cool!

The truth is I know I was just happy we were able to get season 4, so I really shouldn't complain, but I feel like a fifth season would make it feel more complete. I am totally for the 50 bucks per person idea Reilly purposed (as long as we could get it back if we didn't meet the numbers soon enough). I really am hoping we can get another season somehow, but all of this talk makes me think otherwise :unsure:

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:41 pm

A Statement From Warner Bros. (Peter Roth)
“We have no plans to give viewers closure this season because we expect the series to continue.”
http://www.fringebloggers.com/fringe-wa ... +ABRAMS%29

O.o

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:33 pm

For those who didn't click the link...that statement didn't come from Warner Brothers, it came from JJ Abrams. Of course he wants it to continue, but I'm afraid he doesn't have much power over what happens.

I agree, I'm just glad we got season 4, and I would not pursue comics. Maybe webisodes, but they would have to involve all the current actors and writers.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:33 pm

supermodel wrote:For those who didn't click the link...that statement didn't come from Warner Brothers, it came from JJ Abrams. Of course he wants it to continue, but I'm afraid he doesn't have much power over what happens.

I agree, I'm just glad we got season 4, and I would not pursue comics. Maybe webisodes, but they would have to involve all the current actors and writers.

Did you mean your or mine? Because Spoiler TV confirms the link I just posted comes from Warner Bros. Vise President Peter Roth...
http://www.spoilertv.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=103&p=633052&sid=0ff2856533a36d46c85a9cd5afe5c710#p633052

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:47 am

I am here to let EVERYONE know, in case you missed the articles on the main site, that our very own Wilson Crawford has initiated a campaign starting tonight at Midnight for ALL FRINGE FANS to show the world how much we love the show and appreciate tomorrows FRINGE FRIDAY return!!! So "FRINGE WANTS YOU!!" to Twitter, Facebook, and Blog as all of your favorite FRINGE videos, articles, theories, art work (fan and official) ALL DAY for FRINGE FRIDAY!

Here's a link for the second article posted on the main site:http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/01/fringe-friday-teaser-2-we-want-you.html

Additionally our very own DarqueMode has come up with a WONDERFUL "FRINGE WANTS YOU!" Promo Banner to help us spread the word!

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby JacobsMom on Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:53 am

DarthLocke wrote:
supermodel wrote:For those who didn't click the link...that statement didn't come from Warner Brothers, it came from JJ Abrams. Of course he wants it to continue, but I'm afraid he doesn't have much power over what happens.

Did you mean your or mine? Because Spoiler TV confirms the link I just posted comes from Warner Bros. Vise President Peter Roth...
http://www.spoilertv.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=103&p=633052&sid=0ff2856533a36d46c85a9cd5afe5c710#p633052

This is great news! The only thing that bothers me is the fact that if Warner Brothers need to scale back season 5 Fringe in terms of money spent, then the quality of the show could be hurt. I enjoy Fringe because of all the cool special effects and story lines they do that aren't your typical ordinary series stuff. I guess I would rather see Fringe go out in quality instead of quantity for the finish.
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby WJames on Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:09 pm

JacobsMom wrote:This is great news! The only thing that bothers me is the fact that if Warner Brothers need to scale back season 5 Fringe in terms of money spent, then the quality of the show could be hurt. I enjoy Fringe because of all the cool special effects and story lines they do that aren't your typical ordinary series stuff. I guess I would rather see Fringe go out in quality instead of quantity for the finish.

I would also like to see Fringe go out in quality instead of quantity for the finish. But I think that the news quoted above are actually very, very bad. It means that the creators and the studio don't have an "emergency" series ending planned if the show is canceled this season, which it will be if this horrific ratings continue. :cry: :cry: :cry: They should at least make a tv movie or something, because I don't want to find out the ending from the comics, which I will read if it comes to that. :cry:
WJames
Guest Star

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:45 am

J.J. Abrams Wants to Direct an Episode in Season 5!
J.J. Abrams operates in a way that's similar to the deists' perception of God. He simply creates something, winds up the spring, and lets it go how it will. Sometimes, as with Undercovers, the clockwork is wound too tight and it breaks. But Abrams has a tendency, as he did with LOST, to wind things up just right, and then step away. He did the same thing with FOX's Fringe, one of the most creatively brilliant shows on television right now.

In a video released by FOX on Thursday, Abrams chats with Fringe marketing special ops Ari Margolis about why exactly he loves the show that he helped to create, pointing out how the show is a wonderful mix of the scary and the heartfelt, pointing to Walter Bishop (John Noble) as a prime example.

While Abrams realizes that viewership isn't great and that chances of a fifth season aren't great, he certainly sweetens the pot for FOX to renew the series; he's willing to once again wind up the clockwork. "While I don't know what the schedule is, it has been my desire since the pilot to direct an episode," Abrams says. "I would say without question that if Fringe comes back, I would do anything in my power to direct an episode. I would love it."

Fringe will air Friday, January 20 with the episode "Enemy of My Enemy" at 9/8c on FOX. Watch it live.
http://www.tvovermind.com/fringe/fringe-j-j-abrams-direct/118711

FYI, TV Overmind, Bryan Burke and NBC execs encouraged "Undercovers" to be the way it was. Mr. Abrams announced changes (good serialization, mythological, and character driven changes) were coming, but NBC canceled it 3 days after Abrams made his statement, but anyone who stuck it out to it's last aired episode, could see improvement. I think Mr. Abrams is just going to do what he does best now...

I hope this could be incentive for a fifth season!

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:39 pm

Season 5 Decision to Come This Week (And No Plans For A Movie)
http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/04/fringe-season-5-decision-this-week-and.html

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Thu May 24, 2012 9:14 pm

Syndication! Too bad I don't get the Science channel, in my area Comcast includes it in an upgraded package and I will never pay Comcast extra money!

Discovery Communications' cable network Science Channel has snagged off-network syndication rights to the sci-fi cult drama, a source confirms to The Hollywood Reporter. The deal is said to be non-exclusive, which will allow studio Warner Bros. TV to offer another syndication window to a streaming service.

The news comes one month after the network renewed the low-rated critical darling for a fifth and final 13-episode season, enabling Fringe to reach the all-important 100-episode mark for syndication. The series, which was J.J. Abrams, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, was moved to Friday nights in its third season, and hit ratings lows on multiple occasions in the advertiser-coveted 18-49 demo this past season. The drama hovered around 3 million viewers, according to Nielsen.

The perennial bubble show has maintained a vocal fan base, with critical and awards support, including two Emmy nominations in technical categories.

Fringe reruns will join a network schedule that already includes Ricky Gervais' An Idiot Abroad and reruns of Nathan Fillion's cult drama Firefly. Fringe's John Noble hosted the six-part series Dark Matters: Twisted But True on Science last year.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:45 am

American -Season 4 DVD and Blu-Ray Release Date and Cover Art!
DVDs and high-def Blu-ray Disc releases of Fringe - The Complete 4th Season are now finalized and on the schedule for September 4th from Warner Home Video. It's priced at $59.98 SRP for the 6-disc DVD set, and $69.97 SRP for the 4-disc Blu-ray set; the latter comes with UltraViolet digital downloads (available only in the USA, not in Canada, and must be redeemed within two years of street date).
http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/17048

Amazon [pre-order] has the DVD @ $41.99 and Blu-Ray @ $48.99
http://www.amazon.com/Fringe-The-Complete-Fourth-Season/dp/B0053O8A46/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1339029818&sr=8-2

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:27 pm

Beyond the Fringe Goes Beyond the Web
It's a good week for Fringe fans! After Thursday's announcement that the show's final Comic-Con panel would be held this summer in the San Diego Convention Center's mammoth Hall H, DC Comics is confirming that Beyond the Fringe, the top-selling digital-only comic inspired by Fox's sci-fi cult fave, would finally be released in a collected print edition this September.

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/ae/tv/tvguide/ ... z1xEf1FOWw
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:48 pm

supermodel wrote:Beyond the Fringe Goes Beyond the Web
It's a good week for Fringe fans! After Thursday's announcement that the show's final Comic-Con panel would be held this summer in the San Diego Convention Center's mammoth Hall H, DC Comics is confirming that Beyond the Fringe, the top-selling digital-only comic inspired by Fox's sci-fi cult fave, would finally be released in a collected print edition this September.

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/ae/tv/tvguide/ ... z1xEf1FOWw

Thanks for the news! I am glad to have them in print -some of them are pretty cool story wise, and a couple of them have really fantastic art! :thumbup:

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:13 pm

Season 5 Premiere Date: (US)

DarthLocke
Show Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Fringe Discussion [No spoilers!]