The Symbol of Mr. "X"

General Discussion for 'Fringe'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

The Symbol of Mr. "X"

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:13 pm

SO I find the Black and White Motif and sudo "X" curious. I thought we all could share our thoughts on what the symbol may mean or represent, since this person may attempt to kill either of the Olivias...

My First thought because of where the "X" is placed and rotated made me think of his heart. It almost looks like something (like a bullet) pierced through it. Metaphorically this made me think he could have lost and/or being missing his heart or----> "soul".

Then I thought about my theory that "soul energy" (the yellow dot motifs) are the technology of the First People and that I believe that they may derive from another universe and time traveled and created the blue and/or red.

Now thinking about time travel, looking at the symbol again, just like the idea of the bullet moving through him, I can see it the opposite way that he is traveling very fast--using his soul energy ---time traveler. (Think William Bell. 1. We do not now what method he used to reality travel at all. 2. "Over There Pt2" He used himself with a particle accelerator to help the others get back")

Some may have read my thoughts that Peter may come to parallel Desmond, but also that the actor who is credited to play Mr. "X" also played a terrorist on Alias, named Urlich Kotter, who attempts to kill Sydney Bristow by burying her alive in a casket with a dead corpse. -I made parallels that if these two realities (blue and red) derive from one missing universe, then they both may have repeating events/people --playing on whatever happened, happened (white Tulip shows that this is possible) but like that of a parent having children (passing of DNA), can the children be similar to the parent, but not 100% exact (as that would be a clone with out variation), as evolution (something that is changing-which is something that is in motion) calls for VARIATION in species...I ended up paralleling John Scott and Peter and Christmas back to LSD in conjuntion to "The Transformation". Peter and John due to a type of conscience connection (dream state-astral projection) have proven their love for her. In "The Transformation" Olivia takes down terrorist Conrad Monreau--and the word for the FBI to move in raid him, was Christmas.

In "Bloodline" I still don't 100% buy that Brandonate and/or his science team are really who they seem they are...I feel like either or may have their own agenda for helping to abduct Olivia and accelerate her baby outside of Walternate's wishes...

In "The Arrival" John Mosley seems to be a person whom is at war with the Observers. But his conversation with Peter at Robert's grave almost gives an inkling that Mosely may have actually known Robert Bishop. His hat has the green green green red motif in dots----in "LSD" it shows up again as Olivia's father was the only one on the military base to have a red door while the others have green (Note: green and red are Christmas colors). Because of "The Equation" some fans attribute the motif to "frequency" which leaves us with "the speed at which something travels" as the boys father actually looses "track" of time and has no memory of the time lost. Mosley could be a time traveler like the Observers and possibly the beacon.

In an episode "The Bishop Revival", if is left unclear if Hoffman time traveled or if he just didn't age, but it may be that these episodes together offer a hint: Arrival = Revival = Survival. (Revival = To Come Back Alive Again = The Island--FS = transitional states between corporeal existences = Humanities fail safe to insure progression and survival)

So all in all I could see that this person is a time traveler, or that his spirit may have manifested into someone else who is going to take on his role.

The other thing that struck me was the 4-sided ness of it. If it could represent for universes....It also reminds me of "The Dark Tower" which once again mirrors time/reality travelers...

The black and white itself could either meaning something hidden (reality/knowledge), and/or death, which death often times means "Transformation" (another reason why I looked at the episode with that title) Perhaps ZFT really derives from a war with the Observers that is now taking place over several universes....

What about you guys what does it remind you of ??

--------------------

I went onto do some research and I had Biblical Peter in mind, since the biggest accomplishment of the LSD experience was Peter saving and proving himself to Olivia.

In FRINGE there has been a bit of Sheep related things. From 'the pattern sheep' in fans first Fringe case 0091 apart of viral marketing, to Ror Shaks music video, The sheep horn glyph, "baa Baa Black Sheep"-Wlater Of Human Action the episode title "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep?", and the reveal of extinct sheep in "Immortality" makes me think that Peter is meant to be reflective of a "Shephard" as Christ asked Peter to "feed his sheep" (or lambs). Sheep also relate to 'counting sheep' to Dream (Peter: If you can dream a better world, then you can make a better world.")

Second I was thinking about "X" marks the spot---or a variable in an "equation". (pattern)

And then I came across the Christion symbol the "Chi-Rho" or "sigla": the letters "X" and "P," representing the first letters of the title "Christos," were eventually put together to form this symbol for Christ ("Chi" is pronounced "Kie"). It is this form of the Cross that Constantine saw in his vision along with the Greek words, TOUTO NIKA, which are rendered in Latin as "In hoc signo vinces" and which mean "in this sign thou shalt conquer.

and more modernly thought:

Though modern representations of the chi-rho sign represent the two lines crossing at ninety degree angles, the early examples of the Chi-Rho cross at an angle that is more vividly representative of the chi formed by the solar ecliptic path and the celestial equator. This image is most familiar in Plato's Timaeus,[12] where it is explained that the two bands which form the world soul (anima mundi) cross each other like the letter chi.[13] Not only did the two legs of the chi remind early Christians of the Cross, "it reminded them of the mystery of the pre-existent Christ, the Logos Theou, the Word of God, who extended himself through all things in order to establish peace and harmony in the universe," in Robert Grigg's words.[14] Hugo Rahner summarized the significance:

"The two great circles of the heavens, the equator and the ecliptic, which, by intersecting each other form a sort of recumbent chi and about which the whole dome of the starry heavens swings in a wondrous rhythm, became for the Christian eye a heavenly cross."[15] Of Plato's image in Timaeus, Justin Martyr, the Christian apologist writing in the second century, found a prefiguration of the Cross,[16] and an early testimony may be the phrase in Didache, "sign of extension in heaven" (sēmeion ekpetaseōsen ouranō).[17]
-------

The use of a wreath around the Chi Rho symbolizes the victory of the Resurrection over death, and is an early visual representations of the connection between the Crucifixion of Jesus and his triumphal resurrection, as seen in the fourth century sarcophagus of Domitilla in Rome. Here, in the wreathed Chi Rho the death and resurrection of Christ are shown as inseparable, and the Resurrection is not merely a happy ending tucked at the end of the life of Christ on earth

More here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chi_Rho

Note in "6B" is about STRONG entanglements of people through time and space, the man and women from each universe' surname was Rosencrantz, German meaning" "rose wreath".

P - O - X

So perhaps Peter "relates" (relativity) to Mr. X some how....
Last edited by DarthLocke on Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: The Symbol of Mr. "X"

Postby JacobsMom on Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:11 pm

There is something about this symbol that reminds me of medieval times. I tried to look around to find it represented somewhere but didn't find anything. It probably is just something tptb made up to put on his shirt but knowing how they love to use references, I was curious. It just looks like something that should be on a knight's robe or adorning a flag that a horseman would carry. :hmm:

It also sort of reminds me of those X's on the treasure maps that show the place where you find the hidden treasure. :lol:
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:54 am

JacobsMom wrote:There is something about this symbol that reminds me of medieval times. I tried to look around to find it represented somewhere but didn't find anything. It probably is just something tptb made up to put on his shirt but knowing how they love to use references, I was curious. It just looks like something that should be on a knight's robe or adorning a flag that a horseman would carry. :hmm:

It also sort of reminds me of those X's on the treasure maps that show the place where you find the hidden treasure. :lol:

I am going to get a screen cap in the next couple of days, but I just watched "Subject 13" again, because if my theory of incarnation is right, I thought maybe like some of those characters in LOST (John Locke), --because I attributed the abilities of having memories ahead of time as memory transference from life time to life time, the same as what I am suggesting here, that Olivia might have drawn him in 1985...I was right, she did.

In addition to what I wrote about Biblical Peter above about him also relating to this figure in some way, I rethought about how the guys shirt is black and white--and how Peter's last name is Bishop (Chess piece) --But also going with along with Violet Sedan Chair...Sedan chairs were used in early civilizations to transport persons of importants such as royalty and religious figure heads, including Bishops and the Pope! So I think you are also spot on to think of something Medieval :thumbsup: , such as a Knights Templar (order of the temple) ---Knight is another chess piece.

Note: going back to the wreath around the Chi Rho -the images is the same, but with a big circle around it, so you would actually have a "P" an "O" and then the "X".

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Tue May 03, 2011 5:45 pm

So was looking through some old screencaps I have and I saw something interesting...

This kayak, which is in the dream scape of Olivia's mind during "The Pilot", we learn belongs to Olivia's Uncle...

If you notice there is an "X" near the top. And the brand ZENO. (Zeno could be a nod to Xeno/Xenu --in scientology, based on Hubbard's work Xenu, meaning "alien" or "stranger" is a being from outerspace who brought people to Earth and burned them inside volcanos...Scientolgy believes that these souls manifest and have been reincarnated.--They excersize pratices to help modern humanitay "remember" these TRAUMATIC (remember showrunners responce when asked upon Subject 13 why Peter and Olivia don't remember meeting --"trauma") memories from their past life...

There have been many boat and kayak themes---as Red Peter liked fishing as a child, and blue Olivia used to kayaking with her Uncle, and Walter needed to sing "row row row your boat, life is but a DREAM", does it feel like, just a subject 13 shows us, a missing connection/memory.

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Tue May 03, 2011 10:32 pm

It could be a nod to Zeno's paradoxes, which demonstrated the impossibility of motion. Then there was Zeno the Stoic, who of course invented Stoicism. Also St. Zeno, who was kidnapped as a child and replaced with a changeling. Sounds sort of like someone we know. And St. Zeno supposedly did exorcisms, whay was sort of like what they were trying to do for Olivia in that episode. And there are a bunch of other Zenos.

Anyway this made me think that maybe there is some type of X symbol associated with one Zeno or another, but I couldn't find anything.

It looks a bit like a maltese cross or an iron cross, but not a match.

Of course, maybe it doesn't mean anything, it was just invented by the writers.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Tue May 03, 2011 11:32 pm

supermodel wrote:It could be a nod to Zeno's paradoxes, which demonstrated the impossibility of motion. Then there was Zeno the Stoic, who of course invented Stoicism. Also St. Zeno, who was kidnapped as a child and replaced with a changeling. Sounds sort of like someone we know. And St. Zeno supposedly did exorcisms, whay was sort of like what they were trying to do for Olivia in that episode. And there are a bunch of other Zenos.

Anyway this made me think that maybe there is some type of X symbol associated with one Zeno or another, but I couldn't find anything.

It looks a bit like a maltese cross or an iron cross, but not a match.

Of course, maybe it doesn't mean anything, it was just invented by the writers.

Thanks for all of those! :thumbup: --It's probably why Hubburd's name for the character in his work is Xeno, becuase all of these people point to something we might consider strange, alien, super natural in terms of either the modern world...as these ideas go with incaranation/transformation...

St. Zeno is a really good one though!! :thumbup: --I will def be keeping that in mind as the series goes on... :)

St Zeno truly intriqued me so like always I went looking for a little more information, especially since I know next to nothing of the St.

Zeno is the patron saint of fishermen and anglers, the city of Verona, newborn babies as well as children learning to speak and walk. Some 30 churches or chapels have been dedicated to him, including Pistoia Cathedral.

The bronze doorways of the Basilica in Verona depict, besides stories from the Bible, the miracles of Saint Zeno. These depictions were drawn from stories, including those recorded by the notary Coronato.[1]

According to legend he was stolen at birth and briefly replaced by a demonic changeling. One story relates that Saint Zeno, one day fishing on the banks of the Adige, which he did in order to feed himself (rather than as recreation), saw a peasant crossing the river in a horse and cart. The horses began to get strangely skittish. Zeno, believing this to be the work of the devil, made the sign of the cross, and the horses calmed down.[1] Zeno was often said to combat the devil, and is sometimes depicted treading on a demon.[1] Another story relates that he exorcised a demon from the body of the daughter of the Emperor Gallienus (though Zeno probably did not live during the reign of Gallienus). The story relates that the grateful Gallienus allowed Zeno and other Christians freedom of worship in the empire.[1]

Saint Gregory the Great, at the end of the 6th century, relates a miracle associated with the divine intercession of Zeno.[1] In 588, the Adige flooded its banks, inundating Verona. The floodwater reached the church dedicated to Saint Zeno, but miraculously did not enter it, even though the door was wide open. The church was donated to Theodelinda, an alleged eyewitness to the miracle and wife of king Authari.[1]

Zeno is most often represented with fishing-related items such as a fish, fishing rod, or as a bishop holding a fishing rod, or with a fish hanging from his crozier. "Local tradition says the bishop was fond of fishing in the nearby river Adige," writes Alban Butler, "but it is more likely that originally it was a symbol of his success in bringing people to baptism."[2]

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Wed May 04, 2011 4:57 pm

ALso legeng has it that the church of St. Zeno in Verona is where Romeo and Juliet were married. Nothing to do with Mr. X, just an interesting factoid.

Much google image searching yields no X or cross that looks like this guy's tee shirt. Anyway I think it will not be answered in this next epi. "Who is going to kill Olivia" is probably a mystery for S4, so this thread should have a long and interesting life!
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Thu May 05, 2011 2:35 pm

supermodel wrote:ALso legeng has it that the church of St. Zeno in Verona is where Romeo and Juliet were married. Nothing to do with Mr. X, just an interesting factoid.

Much google image searching yields no X or cross that looks like this guy's tee shirt. Anyway I think it will not be answered in this next epi. "Who is going to kill Olivia" is probably a mystery for S4, so this thread should have a long and interesting life!

Good call again! :thumbup: I thought about Romeo and Juliet too when I saw Verona, but thought it was a stretch until now,
Speculatiuve LOST Reference:
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
thinking about Sawyer/Juliet and Faraday/Charlotte in LOST...

---but the finale might bring Mr. X to life if he exists in this possible future...

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Sun May 08, 2011 2:45 pm

So in 2026 Walternate shoots Olivia...

The one thing I wasn't able to discuss in full before was the new character Moreau. I was wondering if the "X" is represented as a variable, but then also variation, as in 'the manifestation of'?

The reason why it's curious is that Moreau seemed to be the ring leader, besides Walternate in the End of Dayers terrorist organization.

The first 2 seasons we dealt with other terrorists groups, such as ZFT as they were attributing to the Pattern and ultimately mirror The End of Dayers, but when Blue Olivia gets cuaght up in John Scotts "real" agenda, she is linked to Daniel Hicks who worked with Scott, as they were trying to take down a dangerious weapons developer/dealer and terrorist named Conrad Moreau, who's currrent biological weapon changed man into beast...("The Transformation")

Conrad was very close in taking out Peter and Olivia, so I have to wonder if this is clue...that we should be looking for Moreau in general, whether a third Moreau, or another version of the 2026 Moreau, especially since the 2026 time period induesed transformation and change back onto the 2011 timelines...

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:26 pm

So comparing time lines and time periods I have come to think that Mr. X actually changes identity in each timeline...

When I was trying to explain to Supermodel, that 2026 is a memory of the past that Peter experiences to understand the concept of how the universes get recreated and how they have died, I thought about Mr. X again.

She pointed out some confusion, because in this other already existing 2026 a blue Olivia has been killed by Walternate, who is running the terrorist group, The End of Dayers...

When we get to this other timeline we learn from September that blue Olivia basically dies in every single timeline, but also we see that not everything happens the same exact way or at the same exact time in each timeline...for instance it is 2011 in our timeline when the machines are turned on and make a bridge, where as in this other timeline they are turned on and activated 3 years earlier @ the beginning 2009...

Additionally IMO the lack of any Peter becoming an adult changes certain things, but not everything. Since these universes are related to each other and are repeating events in some way from each timeline, then perhaps the roles of everyone "shifts" (I thought the same thing during LOST and that is why only a certian group of people "move on" in the FS and not everyone). I said straight away I thought this Olivia is more in the role of Peter, and blue Lincoln Lee in the role of our former blue Olivia...You see in our timeline Peter was occationally raised by Nina Sharp ("the Cure") and now this blue Olivia is...This blue Olivia takes care of Walter better than ours, like Peter did.

With that then, if we look at an "X" as a variable (which relates to variation), but also take truth that the fates of blue Olivias is the same, despite who, when, or where, then we need to look for 'the Walternate' of this timeline to find the answer...which isn't Walternate, but most likely someone relating to the leader of these shapeshifters and Jones---which ZFT parallels the End of Dayers and gives us wind that "there is always some terrorists causing fringe events" that cause the universes to die and be reborn in every timeline and this directly relates to the deaths of Blue Olivias!

So depending on if Jones is still rogue MD scientist "here", or if a shapeshifter has come to use his identity, may determine that the shapeshifter that could be Jones (and some since these shapeshifters not only switch identity, but keep a slew of memories of them to be able to morph into whenever) is our Mr. X, another lead shapeshifter, and/or Nina Sharp...Nina seems to be in a pretty dark role here and didn't get close to Walter until she found out Peter arrived, and then suddenly these shapeSHIFTERS have come to abduct and kill him...plus this blue Walter clearly dislikes her and I trust his judgement...

PS: Taken from Creating the Perfect Soldier: The Evolution of the Observers Thread:

One noticeable difference between the sets of histories of the Parallel universes is that Nina helped raised Peter in his timeline, where as now the other Nina raised Olivia instead. The episode in which we learned this about Peter was in “The Cure”, which also featured a company, Intrepus who used people with a certain disease in order to test their deadly radio active isotope drug…strangely “INtREPUS” with out the “t” is the glyph word for the episode “LSD”. Some speculate this in an indicator that Mr. X (x = t -tilted on it’s side) will relate to the company Intrepus and/or the episode “The Cure”. I speculate that Mr. X will appear in the newly presented timeline in the form of someone we know---but actually not, as I think he may be one of these new shape shifters, whom also suffer from a pigment disease, which than also extends itself to the chemicals presented with John Scott and the Stieg brothers in “The Pilot”.

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:48 pm

Velrox wrote:It would be interesting if 'their' Broyles and his connection to Jones was somehow related to the entire Mr. X mystery. Jones has always been an interesting character and when they seemingly killed him for good, I was quite upset. Now he's back fight the Holy War again (crusader cross connection? and he somehow convinced Broyles to work with him ( I'd hate it if Broyles simply turned ou to be a shapeshifter). I used to think that the prophecy of the holy war between universes spoke about the possible encounter that wouldve happened last season if it wasnt for Peter. Now I think the War is still coming and Jones is the herald of it.

I think they've started to make this really great point that these iterations of sets parallel universes keep repeating and coming to the same fates over and over. So I do agree that this Jones most likely plays a similar role...

However, further talking with DarqueMode on the main site, there could still be this 'reversed idea'....For instance, If this is the first time any Peter and/or machine user has time traveled back to another iteration to save his own, would allow this concept of using a special variable (Peter) as a way to alter this reality and cause reciprocity to his...But if it is not the first time a special variable like Peter has been used in this fashion, then even the idea of reciprocity becomes apart of the problem...and thus we still have a bigger can of worms to get into.

One idea I have is that the Observers might also be "special" variables and so could "the shapeshifters"...So far both play on life extension via clones and replacement. The Observers are starting to sacrifice themselves for the sake of people they care about, so that they can extend their future. August went down for Christine Hollis and now September saved Peter to save Olivia...The Shapeshifters in a demented way, replace the people they kill and make it "appear" like those people's lives are extending.

However, The Observers seem to help give life, where the shapeshifters take it. (So there could be an axiom of war in and of itself here)

However, it could be that they were created to be the first, First People, and that at the time, creating a loop and starting over seemed like the only option, but over time other people came to take their roles and they for some reason were also designed to travel between multi-universes and/or iterations of these universes, but it could their role gets 'lost' and that they then become something extra, like a virus...and the only way to save ourselves is if THEY choose to scarafice for 'the right' people (de-substitute for the right variables)

But if we look back to John Mosley and "The Arrival" and even perhaps Hoffman in "The Bishop Revival", we might being seeing people who are time traveling...Mosley was going after the Beacon and mentioned Robert Bishop to Peter, as if John knew him personally....Then we have Hoffman who, very much like these inmates of "Alcatraz" was apart of Nazi Germany science team along with Robert Bishop, has found away to not age, exist in the now, and continues to bestow his believes of GENOCIDE in the here and the now.

So Peter might not change the fate of these universes...or that maybe these two iterations have been at war for a long long long time, and/or perhaps some of these people follow Peter home... :hmm:

And Now I wonder if David Robert Jones could some hoe be or relate to Robert Bishop??????????????

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:05 pm

So playing with the idea that X is a variable, and we have seen that Peter is a variable, and the idea that Peter is the first person to use the machine to travel around and "fix" timelines...could Peter be Mr. X? Actions that Peter takes or has taken result in Olivia being killed? That would be an awesome irony, that he plays a role in the death of the woman he loves. And the way to save her is not to exist, to die as he was suppoed to before Walter started messing around? I could see the writers going there but I am not sure I have thought this out or articulated it well.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:06 pm

supermodel wrote:So playing with the idea that X is a variable, and we have seen that Peter is a variable, and the idea that Peter is the first person to use the machine to travel around and "fix" timelines...could Peter be Mr. X? Actions that Peter takes or has taken result in Olivia being killed? That would be an awesome irony, that he plays a role in the death of the woman he loves. And the way to save her is not to exist, to die as he was suppoed to before Walter started messing around? I could see the writers going there but I am not sure I have thought this out or articulated it well.

It could work out that way! :w00t:!!-- but only because it's by a bigger default.

We know that others, including other Peters have used other [sets of] machines. (The comic Peter and the Machine clarifies the idea that these machines have been passed on by black holes, creating loops/iterations of universes over and over...)

But my point above was the way in which a machine user uses the machine. I had guessed before that the machines had multi-functions and "Enemy of my Enemy" also clarifies it does have multi-functions...

But after I wrote that yesterday, I realized part of what I said most likely is wrong, that even Peter using it this way, is probably not the first time it/any has been used this way...If our machines made a bridge, because Peter hopped in, consciencely time traveled to a time period of another timeline to help him make him choose "Balance", then we might have to consider that something like this happened in this timeline too! (Because the Bridge is already made 'here'!) --But it's unclear if that was another Peter, or if someone else in this timeline was designed to use the machine just as other Peters have????

But ---going back to Walternate of the other 2026 timeline, it would make sense that in some way this timeline's Mr. X should relate to Walternate in some way! So it could be that Peter fills that role by family relation, but it could also be by anyone who actually plays the bigger Villain here...

But going back to this other machine user...it would be strange if they travel to our timeline and play the role of Peter's 'here' to some degree for a time and they harbor a variable exchange...and if that person is bad, then who knows what Peter is going to have to do to get home! :hmm:

Your idea also makes sense because we had to see if Walter could accept Peter's death/loss...and since Peters are Walters sons, then perhaps Peter has to be able to let go of someone too...

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:58 pm

I came to another thought while discussing something similar about role shifts...

I think we are def seeing shifts in the roles of the characters and this timeline basically is giving us a question about a possible positive progression via Peter's adult existence in perhaps mutliple universes. (It's unclear if he can change anything "here" though, it might not be until he goes home that he can really change his existence with the knowledge this universe presents him)

Even looking back at the prequel comics where Walter and Bell happen to make a duplicate time machine as some Nazi Germany, they become n'sync and they travel back, only to meet Walter's father who choices to help them get home(This Walternate and Walter now chose to help Peter get home!)...makes me think that the timelines themselves are reaching for a progression generationally, and that we might even presume there are timelines where Walter and his Father are the one's who dance around the machine and the loops..."Be Better than your Father" IMO has great meaning to these concepts.

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:00 pm

So a little more to support the theory that "Mr. X" in most timelines is usually the head of some pattern-related terrorist organization, who tries to create black holes as a means to prove apotheosis. (Life extension - a type of immortality, time/reality travel).

Issue 4, Chapter A of the next "Beyond the Fringe" comic series came out at the end of last week. It's another alternate universe (so not directly canon), but is a spoof of comic book Super Heroes, particularly paralleling Batman, as this Peter is a billion-doller-play-boy Super Hero named "The Pattern" (He has a Robin-Batman's sidekick, stylized "P" on his chest) as the comic is titled, "Adventures of the Pattern".

We are introduced to a villain who has escaped from St. Clare's Mental Institution, named "Mr. ZFT", who had previously stole a special coil from Walter and Peter's lab called "The Pelican Coil" (A nod to Alcatraz perhaps since Alcatraz translates from it's Spanish origins as, "Pelican Island"), in which Mr. ZFT can blow holes in the universe!

As stated in a previous post, Supermodel called to my attention that Walternate kills [blue] Olivia in the 2026 timeline in which he had become the leader of the terrorist group, The End of Dayers....it was easy to parallel that group to the season 1-3 timline's ZFT, which is sort of showing it's head in the season 4 timeline as we again are following the pursuits of Jones as he is attempting to blow holes in the universe!

The comic is also about Peter saving a hostage taken from St. Clare's, a staff member named Olivia Dunham ;) ...Peter's abilities stem from Cortexifan...and he finds out his hostage has the ability too! The comic features Peter's special power which us to create amber substance from his finger tips to close the soft spots! -The end of the comic ends with Olivia also becoming a super hero! --It will be interesting if "Adventures of the Pattern" carry on in the next chapter or in another issue...

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Next

Return to Fringe Discussion [No spoilers!]