[Official] FRINGE - S5 -Discussion Thread

General Discussion for 'Fringe'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] FRINGE - S5 -Discussion Thread

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:45 am

5x01 "Transilence Thought Unifier Model 11"

It was GREAT! :thumbup:

I have a bunch of thoughts on 'death of Olivia', John Mosley, and that beautiful and touching final scene. But it's @ 2:45 am and I probably should get some sleep. :)

OK came back to add some thoughts

The Great Divide:
So again we learn that Peter and Olivia's relationship took a rocky turn, as both came to believe in different priorities. Olivia choose to go to New York to continue to work to protect people and fight the Observers and Peter set out on a personal mission to find Etta. I think it's hard to judge either of them for their choices, but looking at Olivia, I think their is something innate in her need to choose duty over family. In fact the number 23 showed itself again, like it did last season when Olivia almost fell to her death on floor 23 in 'Wallflower". This possible LOST reference to Jack Sheppherd kind of paints a similar picture with this idea that Olivia's fate has been to die for a great cause of the many, rather than just be able to be a mother. When I watched "World's Apart" again recently I was torn up by the fact that Olivia couldn't just show her love for the red Olivia in the machine overload scene. She couldn't just warmly embrace and accept her. It makes me think that Olivia's fate is the accumulation of all the persona's underneath hers from some specific timeline. It tells me she isn't able to love some part of herself. Again with Olivia reuniting with Etta we get a similar situation. Her guilt for not looking for her thwarts her from showing deep emotion or happiness. IMO I think there is something that Olivia has yet to forgive herself for and I think it may be that once another version of herself had children with Peter, but were killed due to research on behalf of Walter and William Bell and she blamed Peter (Just like Emily Bishop Blames Walter for the loss of their son(s)), and Olivia commits suicide. So Peter builds the machine so he can work to rectify the situation, which invertanly falls back onto his parents and Olivia is killed before she confronted with her own children. Even in future presented in "The Day We Died" their daughter, they had yet to have, is holding Peter's hand and not Olivia's. It shows a divide between a mother and her child. It may be that Olivia via Peter and the Machine, has been fighting for others to make up the difference of what she did and what she lost.

Speaking of William Bell he was mentioned, but also the Walnut currency goes back to Brave New World and Bell's obsessions for nuts which may hint that we are not done with William Bell and that he directly ties into this whole Observer problem...

Marham was hysterical! -It was an interesting idea to have his personality become all extreme in the contrast of this extreme environment and it kind of parallels Bell in the sense he is obsessed with something...Love, creation, ect.

We also seem to have links back to 'Henry(s) and the arrival. Widmarks methods, Septembers Thought Unifier, all seem to go back to the machine Mosley has in "The Arrival" that he used on both Henry Jacobson and Peter in relation to Walter hiding the beacon...

But the final scene, the most beautiful and emotional scene IMO, also references Henry Higgins with the Cab and a fated scene of Walter finding "music" (a disc and a disc player) that he needs to stimulate his brain in order to help save the others, as music (and food) have always been apart of Walter's memory process.

Going back to the 1980's again here's the prophetic and almost sacrificial love song lyrics of "Only You" by Yaz:

Looking from a window above, it's like a story of love
Can you hear me?
Came back only yesterday, I'm moving farther away
Want you near me

All I needed was the love you gave
All I needed for another day
And all I ever knew
Only you

Sometimes when I think of her name when it's only a game
And I need you
Listen to the words that you say it's getting harder to stay
When I see you

And all I ever knew
Only you

And all I ever knew
Only you

This is gonna take a long time and I wonder what's mine
Can't take no more
Wonder if you'll understand, it's just the touch of your hand
Behind a closed door

And all I ever knew
Only you

-----------------

Couple of other things I forget about

Appearance of being dead to infiltrate a building is similar to something I remember in Alias...

"If you see the Buddha on the Road, Kill Him!" (In this case "she" was in a rocking chair) -But the scene of Walter hitting on miss Japan and expressing a wish to once have wanted to marry a girl of Japan, goes back to Walternate's Asian lady mistress (S1-3 Red Timeline) and thus implies "cheating" on his wife (forgetting his wife), which may mirror Peter's "mistake" with Red Olivia (again in the season 1-3 timeline)...It's also then curious how China Town had played to the Observers' social life and food needs? (chili peppers), certain Fringe events, including the birth of Henry, and how he had an Asain lady take care of Walter when he was lost (Snakehead)

Also Note Dashiel Kim The Equation and The Tibetan Book of Dead
The Liberation Through Hearing During The Intermediate State (Standard Tibetan: bardo "liminality"; thodol as "liberation"[1]), sometimes translated as Liberation Through Hearing or transliterated as Bardo Thodol, is a funerary text. It is often referred to in the West by the more casual title, Tibetan Book of the Dead, a name which draws a parallel with the ancient Egyptian Book of the Dead, another funerary text.
The Tibetan text describes, and is intended to guide one through, the experiences that the consciousness has after death, during the interval between death and the next rebirth. This interval is known in Tibetan as the bardo. The text also includes chapters on the signs of death, and rituals to undertake when death is closing in, or has taken place. It is the most internationally famous and widespread work of Tibetan Nyingma literature.[2]
Last edited by DarthLocke on Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] FRINGE - S5 -Discussion Thread

Postby Sym on Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:34 am

Bothering me a question already on season 4:

Because there are no observers Woman? :S :S :S :hmm:

RATING: 8/9

Cute as episode, year explained all the time gap, without wasting too much time.

Walter in shorts and boots to me made ​​me smile:-D :rofl:

Jhon Noble, extraordinary! :wub:
How can never win an award! :cursing: :cursing:
http://twitter.com/symsoa
I just wanted to see what's in the land across the sea.*Lost4ever*
Sons Of Anarchy is my faith
War against the world Black Sails
Sym
Emmy Nominee

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:02 pm

Sym wrote:Bothering me a question already on season 4:

Because there are no observers Woman? :S :S :S :hmm:

Some speculate that they are types of [male] clones (Of Human Action, A Better Human Being, Same Old Story) and genetically create themselves in a non traditional way.

But we haven't really seen if they live any differently outside of 2036 so it's still hard to say what the whole truth with them is. So far their presentation to us has been mostly Observers on the job and not Observers at home...

I suspect we are going to get their origin story before we're done. :)

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Sym on Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:24 pm

You're right, I had not thought of cloning.

I hope so, it would be nice and interesting to see the creation, and the world of observers.
Sym
Emmy Nominee

Postby WJames on Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:05 pm

At first I wanted to write that it was only a good episode but I changed my mind. It was a great episode of television fun/art.

The acting was simply amazing and it lifts an otherwise average epi to a great one. John Noble deserves every reward there is for his acting in this one alone, not to mention the entire series. Joshua Jackson was also brilliant here. It was his acting that saved what I think is the weakest scene, the one where he has a conversation with Olive about the events that happened after Etta was kidnapped. I think it would have worked much better if they had actually filmed and showed us the stuff he was talking about. Oh well, I guess that in this short season each episode is precious and the backstory had to be delivered this way to save time for more important things.

What else... Oh yeah! Widmark is a chilling villain, I look forward to seeing him more. Deranged Markham using Olivia as a coffee table and thinking he'll find a way to (free) wake her up and she would love him was TV gold.

Cinematography was also on the amazing level!The director knew what he was doing from the very first scene with the Observers invasion in Peter's dream to the last one with Walter. I have to admit that I had tears in my eyes when I watched it...only you Fringe can do that to me, only you. :cry: :thumbup: Hopefulness, sadness, bittersweetness... all wrapped in one beautiful scene.

What I didn't like was the ridiculous way how they freed Walter. I mean,that whole part with making Peter seemingly dead and Astro hiding in a vehicle was completely unnecessary. They already had a dead body (that unknown guy) as a reason for Etta to go back to the Observers base, so what should have happened was that Etta delivers the guy then lets Olivia and Peter and Afro through the back door. Voila. They save Walter and then escape the way they did in the episode. It would have still been ridiculous but a lot less then the way it actually played. At least for me.

Still, the acting and cinematography lift this one to the great level.
8,5/10

Oh and Darth, I've read your post and... Yes, Olivia could be the one sacrificing her life to save the world in the end. She is definitely wired that way. Peter already did it in the end of season 3, so he kind of gets to live by default and shouldn't have to do it again... But, I don't think either would be fitting for this story. Nope. The ending has to be bittersweet, but happy. The only way to do that is for the family to be together in the end... minus one member. Walter Bishop. If I were a poker player ( :P ) I do go all in on him making the final sacrifice.
WJames
Guest Star

Postby JacobsMom on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:37 pm

I'm late posting on the episode as we were gone all last week and I've slowly been catching up on all my TV premieres from last week! :D Thank goodness for the wonders of DVR. :thumbsup:

I thought it was an excellent opening episode and love all the dynamics between Peter, Olivia, Walter and Etta. I felt that the scene between Olivia and Etta was really very emotional between those two. Olivia is a mother but she is also wired for what she does best and that is to help people. Even as a mother, Olivia holds her emotions for her only child and what we saw was just Olivia being Olivia.

Loved Markham! Nice to see him again and I'm hoping we get all kinds of return cameos from all our favorite characters.

I think what I got from the flashbacks was that as the Observers arrived there at the park, chaos took over and Etta was lost in the rush of it all. We saw Peter looking for her at the paramedics tent and this is where they lost her. I'm anxious for more flashbacks too later on!

There was something I wasn't sure about though. Was the dead guy on the table at the hideout of Etta's friends suppose to be the same guy played by Henry Cusick last season? I wasn't really sure who that was suppose to be as they toasted a drink to him??? :huh:

Walter. What can I say about him other than he just keeps getting better each season. That torture scene between Widmark and him was excruciating to watch. Then just when I thought we'd be going back to the lost and depressed Walter, we get that wonderful scene at the end!! :thumbup: :wub: I have a feeling that there won't be a lot of issues drug out since we only have limited episodes till the end.

Now all we need to do is get the "whole" team back together including Nina and Broyles and let the real fight begin!! :w00t:
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:47 pm

JacobsMom wrote:I'm late posting on the episode as we were gone all last week and I've slowly been catching up on all my TV premieres from last week! :D Thank goodness for the wonders of DVR. :thumbsup:

I thought it was an excellent opening episode and love all the dynamics between Peter, Olivia, Walter and Etta. I felt that the scene between Olivia and Etta was really very emotional between those two. Olivia is a mother but she is also wired for what she does best and that is to help people. Even as a mother, Olivia holds her emotions for her only child and what we saw was just Olivia being Olivia.

Loved Markham! Nice to see him again and I'm hoping we get all kinds of return cameos from all our favorite characters.

I think what I got from the flashbacks was that as the Observers arrived there at the park, chaos took over and Etta was lost in the rush of it all. We saw Peter looking for her at the paramedics tent and this is where they lost her. I'm anxious for more flashbacks too later on!

There was something I wasn't sure about though. Was the dead guy on the table at the hideout of Etta's friends suppose to be the same guy played by Henry Cusick last season? I wasn't really sure who that was suppose to be as they toasted a drink to him??? :huh:

Walter. What can I say about him other than he just keeps getting better each season. That torture scene between Widmark and him was excruciating to watch. Then just when I thought we'd be going back to the lost and depressed Walter, we get that wonderful scene at the end!! :thumbup: :wub: I have a feeling that there won't be a lot of issues drug out since we only have limited episodes till the end.

Now all we need to do is get the "whole" team back together including Nina and Broyles and let the real fight begin!! :w00t:

To HIC question: No. I am trying to find the transcript for what was exactly said, but I believe Bell and Simon where taken somewhere else and not apart of the amber gypsies/resistance scenes...That guy just must have been a Resistance fighter who died for the cause.

Ok I found a transcript:

HENRIETTA BISHOP: (to her parents outside the entrance) Wait here. Anil?
ANIL: 'Etta.
HENRIETTA BISHOP: What happened?
ANIL: Elias was shot this afternoon coming out of The Square.
HENRIETTA BISHOP: I need your help.

So the Resistance guy is Elias ;)

Napean Building - Clearing Security

FRIENDLY GUARD: You hear what happened?
HENRIETTA BISHOP: What?
FRIENDLY GUARD: I was raised to Level Six. Did I tell you?
HENRIETTA BISHOP: That's great.
FRIENDLY GUARD: Hey, if I share something, you promise you won't tell?
HENRIETTA BISHOP: Yeah.
FRIENDLY GUARD: They found Agent Foster in Amber. Your superior was a double agent. He was working with the Resistance. He was with someone named William Bell.
HENRIETTA BISHOP: What did they do with him?
FRIENDLY GUARD: That's above my pay grade. Ask Windmark yourself. He'll certainly want to talk to you about it.

So it seems Widmark has them, but we know they experiment with humans [of the pasts] now, so let's hope for the best in terms of seeing either of them again. O.o

Although I am confused about something...
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
I think there was spoiler that said we would see Simon "in some form" in the premiere and I don't recall seeing him :hmm: Maybe I'm wrong about the spoiler?

Glad you caught up with us! :D Thought it was really good opener. I can't believe there's only 12 left now and tomorrow is Friday again already! :w00t:

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby JacobsMom on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:51 pm

Thanks for the info Darth! I think I did see that HIC was to be on "The Mentalist" now, so I'm wondering if we will even see him again as Simon Foster on Fringe. Putting him in amber is an easy way to keep him around in case tptb can get him to guest star once again later on. :)

Also, didn't Walter and Astrid have William Bell's hand in the amber with them? I wasn't clear on that one either. :huh:

Yes, I see that FOX is already airing the commercials for the replacement show for Fringe. :( Looks like it starts sometime in January after Fringe finishes up the year. Oh well, we should all be glad that FOX gave us these last episodes to finish the series on a high note instead of ripping it away at the last minute.
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby Sym on Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:28 am

Another break? = _ =
No comment :cursing: :cursing:
Sym
Emmy Nominee

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:23 pm

JacobsMom wrote:Thanks for the info Darth! I think I did see that HIC was to be on "The Mentalist" now, so I'm wondering if we will even see him again as Simon Foster on Fringe. Putting him in amber is an easy way to keep him around in case tptb can get him to guest star once again later on. :)

Also, didn't Walter and Astrid have William Bell's hand in the amber with them? I wasn't clear on that one either. :huh:

Yes, I see that FOX is already airing the commercials for the replacement show for Fringe. :( Looks like it starts sometime in January after Fringe finishes up the year. Oh well, we should all be glad that FOX gave us these last episodes to finish the series on a high note instead of ripping it away at the last minute.

About William Bell's hand:

OLIVIA: Well, it's meant to collect and make sense of the scrambled plan that September put in your mind.
WALTER: What plan?
PETER: You told us that you knew all the parts of the plan, all the elements. You just weren't sure what they were supposed to be used for.
ASTRID: Walter, do you remember this?
WALTER: Whose hand is that?
ASTRID: It's William Bell's hand.
WALTER: You're out of your mind. Why would we have William Bell's hand?
ASTRID: You said we needed his handprint so we could get access to one of his storage facilities.
WALTER: I don't remember it. I don't remember any of it. I've failed myself, and I’ve failed the world. What is wrong with me? What has happened to --

So there's something of his they need, which is curious because we kind of left William Bell like a number one terrorist suspect in Brave New World...so I wonder how it is he still has storage facilties and why he wa with them when they were ambered? -But some of the comics (another alternate universe) allude to 'leaving things behind" to help others with things they need, like a new hand that was building itself for Nina, and her old hand, led her to the new one by writing messages of Bell she and Walter would understand...

I think this future (or really a very similar one) with the Observers might have already been in progress as we were experiencing the season 4 events, because a "future" version of September came back to warn Olivia and had already been shot in the course of coming to save him from Jessica Holt, who both seemed to despise Observers and "current" September didn't know another version of himself had come back to warn Olivia, and was surprised by Jessica's futuristic tech (the stasis ruin). Etta also swears she was four, when Olivia insists she was 3 and some months....additionally when the Observers came there was a time displacement shift (Peter kept re-experiencing the event), just like before and during the time Peter arrived in season 4. These were things I was trying to explain in LOST (that there weren't production errors between pre-crash 1970's/80's verses our characters experience of [the new] 70's/80's events, but discrepancies that happen as an effect of creating a branch off in the time line) as means of making "time loops" which can also create time folds when recreating making alternate versions of time (line), as John Locke is able to be alive, dead, and being personified by the smoke monster at the exact same time in "2007", but John can't flash to a future (2007) unless that 2007 also already exists, and so the history 'repeats' from a previous 2007 to the 815-ers current 2007....

About Fringe's schedule:
I am looking for what was exactly said, but it's something like we have a few eps., take a little break, have a few more, go on winter hiatus, and finish them in January with finale date: February 1 - according to Wyman, but Fox hasn't confirmed the date yet.

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:30 pm

5x01 "In Absentia"

These are collective thoughts I have had through responding with other people and some things I wrote about before. So bar with the lack of consistency here! :lol:

it's a great juxtaposition, considering Olivia choose to protect other people, instead of finding her daughter. But Etta grew up in this horrible horrible world, where she had to fight to survive, so it naturally is more black and white to her, but the fact that it isn't to Olivia, still suggests that Olivia, despite her capacity to not be able to emotionally show immense joy, cares very deeply for others, and may suggest that just annihilating the Observers is not the answer...that this time Humanity must choose the different path so they stop killing themselves (The Observers play to the experiments of scientists like Walter and Bell by coming back and experimenting on humanity, as Observers are the future/advanced evolution of humanity) in the name of progress. Etta might be a lynch pin for Olivia actually having to save her own family...but we will see. Olivia is stuck between being this super soldier (cortexiphan) and being a mother, something I think many previous iterations of herself have been fighting not to realize, something long lost, but she is forced ('force perspective') to recognize by the disposition and existence of her daughter.

This episode highlighted what I thought it would about compassion and Olivia's ability to not loose sight of it, now that she basically is confronted with herself through her daughter (much like how she was confronted with herself through red Olivia) So I am still saying this story with the Observers is about LOVE in order to change their perspective. Eric Lange was fantastic as he solidified "Swan" references through the videos of the past aspect of Walter and Harvard's lab. Additionally It also continues to help support my theory that in the original time line Olivia lost her children due to Bell and Walter and blamed Peter for not stopping them in time and then she committed suicide...Lange's Lost character Radzinsky was the Swan builder with photographic memory who committed suicide, suggesting he couldn't handle what he built/created....
It's not that we're better than them, because they are us. So it's more like 'we' have to give them LOVE (August) to change their perspective (just like Olivia changed Ettas)...--There may be something here about procreation that they are missing (as Olivia can finally live long enough to have a child)...We need women Observers and 'child observers' to make the world a better place...

Maybe I am not wrong about the amber time line existing before season 1's and that Peter is here to change it, to change the future of his (reciprocity)

Also something I recently said
All I have to say is that I think we are in the middle of a time loop and expect to hear more discrepancies from the past to future...I think this future (or really a very similar one) with the Observers taking over might have already been in progress as we were experiencing the season 4 events, because a "future" version of September came back to warn Olivia and had already been shot in the course of coming to save him from Jessica Holt, who both seemed to despise Observers and "current" September didn't know another version of himself had come back to warn Olivia, and was surprised by Jessica's futuristic tech (the stasis ruin). Etta also swears she was four, when Olivia insists she was 3 and some months....additionally when the Observers came there was a time displacement shift (Peter kept re-experiencing the event), just like before and during the time Peter arrived in season 4. These were things I was trying to explain in LOST (that there weren't production errors between pre-crash 1970's/80's verses our characters experience of [the new] 70's/80's events, but discrepancies that happen as an effect of creating a branch off in the time line) as means of making "time loops" which can also create time folds when recreating making alternate versions of time (line), as John Locke is able to be alive, dead, and being personified by the smoke monster at the exact same time in "2007", but John can't flash to a future (2007) unless that 2007 also already exists, and so the history 'repeats' from a previous 2007 to the 815-ers current 2007....It makes me think that those other time displacement issues from the beginning of the season could be due to Peter and/or September changing the time line by bringing Peter (and by extension Olivia) forward, but more over why William Bell was trying to create a new universe with no people???? But I can't wait to see where the season takes us! But I think it has clearly become a story about humanity to attempt to stop killing themselves brutally in the name of progress...

Another discrepancy...Walter didn't understand why he would switch to "grape" instead of his traditional red...I have always thought that the original time line was a combination of the red and blue time lines, a purple time line...In another one of those season 2 wall papers there is one in black and white except for Walters purple grape Popsicle .."Violet" Sedan Chair is also another reason I think this, as the machine(s) almost seem to have multi-functions and maybe the first time Peter (or whom ever) went in the first machine, his beliefs caused a split (mitosis) in the universe...http://mediacdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/359/5921/original.jpg

PS: Poor Simon! -Very Newton-esque...but maybe there are still ways to see him 'more in tact' again!!!

About Oscar:
I think we could meet an Oscar at some point (maybe Oscar is a machine or inventor!, since Eric Lange was the former Lost Radzinsky, the swan creator), but Oscar means "divine spear" and to me it's a message about "what one uses the spear for" in relations to spiritual aspect of survivor of the fittest. Some famous Oscars are Oscar Wilde (The Importants of Being Ernest/A Picture of Dorian Gray) and Oskar Schindler (Schindler's list)...

If I were going to guess I would say Oscar has a time machine (much like Peter'(s)) did) -As Peter's machines, like the Swan stsation, also use methods of a Faraday's cage...

--------------------

If all of the personas of Olivia (especially the blue Olivias) are about coming to terms with something that happened in an original time line, then Etta, her child, is the lynch pin for coming to terms with/getting over that. So their relationship is important. Even looking back to "August" it's clear that the Observers and humanity have "lost" perspective, as they can no longer LOVE and this is the point of the series, finding a better way to make progress, a way that doesn't involve blatantly killing people. Because despite all of Olivia's emotional reservations, her compassion and duty to save people still shines through. Underneath she is a mother.
---------------

Video tape Trail = s1 Walter/ Swan + PEARL Station - "?" - the station to Observe Swan Protocal -Pearls of Wisdom - truth.

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby WJames on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:36 pm

DarthLocke wrote:All I have to say is that I think we are in the middle of a time loop and expect to hear more discrepancies from the past to future...I think this future (or really a very similar one) with the Observers taking over might have already been in progress as we were experiencing the season 4 events, because a "future" version of September came back to warn Olivia and had already been shot in the course of coming to save him from Jessica Holt, who both seemed to despise Observers and "current" September didn't know another version of himself had come back to warn Olivia, and was surprised by Jessica's futuristic tech (the stasis ruin). Etta also swears she was four, when Olivia insists she was 3 and some months....additionally when the Observers came there was a time displacement shift (Peter kept re-experiencing the event), just like before and during the time Peter arrived in season 4. These were things I was trying to explain in LOST (that there weren't production errors between pre-crash 1970's/80's verses our characters experience of [the new] 70's/80's events, but discrepancies that happen as an effect of creating a branch off in the time line) as means of making "time loops" which can also create time folds when recreating making alternate versions of time (line), as John Locke is able to be alive, dead, and being personified by the smoke monster at the exact same time in "2007", but John can't flash to a future (2007) unless that 2007 also already exists, and so the history 'repeats' from a previous 2007 to the 815-ers current 2007....It makes me think that those other time displacement issues from the beginning of the season could be due to Peter and/or September changing the time line by bringing Peter (and by extension Olivia) forward, but more over why William Bell was trying to create a new universe with no people???? But I can't wait to see where the season takes us! But I think it has clearly become a story about humanity to attempt to stop killing themselves brutally in the name of progress...

Interesting stuff.

DarthLocke wrote: Another discrepancy...Walter didn't understand why he would switch to "grape" instead of his traditional red...I have always thought that the original time line was a combination of the red and blue time lines, a purple time line...In another one of those season 2 wall papers there is one in black and white except for Walters purple grape Popsicle .."Violet" Sedan Chair is also another reason I think this, as the machine(s) almost seem to have multi-functions and maybe the first time Peter (or whom ever) went in the first machine, his beliefs caused a split (mitosis) in the universe...http://mediacdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/359/5921/original.jpg

PS: Poor Simon! -Very Newton-esque...but maybe there are still ways to see him 'more in tact' again!!!

You may be on to something here. I immediately thought it weird when I saw that scene. Maybe we are indeed heading towards the purple last episode of the show, towards the "right" universe, be it original or new. Where humanity didn't evolve into emotionless, bald bastards.

I'm still haunted by that image of poor Desmond's head....brrrrr... :cursing: O.o :cry:

Anyways, a solid episode. Though me and Lost didn't part ways in friendly terms it was good to see Radzinsky.

7/10 from me
WJames
Guest Star

Postby JacobsMom on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:16 am

Another great episode! :thumbsup:

Loved all the fun references back to LOST. Even having "Radinsky" back as a Loyalist this time around. Favorite image had to be Peter and Walter looking down into the entrance of the tunnel to Harvard!!

I thought this whole scenario between Etta, Olivia and the loyalist was so well written and directed. I agree with Darth that everything is centering on love and the ability for humanity to not lose sight of it as the Observers have. I've got to go back to the season 1 episode "Inner Child" once again for a great connection to where we are right now. We do need women and children Observers to fix these crazy Observers that have taken over the world!!

I'm thinking that will be the last we see of poor Simon. Sort of his goodbye scene before the end. :(

I also loved the idea of having Walter video tape all this information. It should make for a cool few episodes of them trying to track down all the tapes.

Favorite special effect had to be Etta torturing loyalist guy and making him age! Neat idea from tptb and I thought the effects were pretty darn cool! :thumbup:
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby JacobsMom on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:34 am

Sym wrote:Another break? = _ =
No comment :cursing: :cursing:

We do have the World Series coming up soon on FOX, so that may be why Fringe will be off for awhile.
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby supermodel on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:54 pm

I loved seeing HIC's severed head. I liked the character but I like even better the way that writer's chose to wrap up his story. We only have 13 episodes this season, we can't waste time on extraneous characters even if the actor was hugely popular on another show. I thought it was a great choice, they answered viewer quetions about what happened to him, wrapped up the loose end and used it to demonstrate just how far the Observers will go while at the same time showing Etta's difficulty in controlling an impulsive emotional reaction. Brilliant!

I stumbled on this website today, a friend of mine os doign some business with this company. Evidence that the Observers are already among us? Hampton Creek Foods
supermodel
Show Expert

Next

Return to Fringe Discussion [No spoilers!]