[Official] FRINGE - S5 -Discussion Thread

General Discussion for 'Fringe'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: [Official] FRINGE - S5 -Discussion Thread

Postby JacobsMom on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:19 pm

I LOVED it!! I absolutely loved the series finale for Fringe. :wub: For me it was a perfect mix of finishing up the plan and giving the fans/viewers some amazing moments between all of our characters. I got the ending I wished for with them going right back to the park like I mentioned long ago. To me that was the best. A happy family ending a perfect day at the park with their daughter. It was just beautiful and ending it with the white tulip, the sign of hope, was magnificent. Kudos to Wyman and all the writers who worked on this last season. :thumbsup:

Part 1-This was the episode of supporting helpers. Broyles was vital in helping them get Michael back. Michael was even a helper because he made sure the others weren't captured at the monorail station. Donald/September built the tech that the team never could have done without him. Astrid gives them the idea to use the universe window to see that Liberty Island was still intact over there. Other Olivia and Lincoln were the most vital piece in helping Olivia save Michael from the Observers. Even December became a helper to the team to make sure their plan could be carried out.

I had figured that Michael would be too powerful for Widmark. The idea this little Observer could make Widmark lose control was great! It wasn't by strength, which Widmark could control, but by abilities that Widmark was useless against Michael. I loved seeing Widmark reduced to fear that he wasn't suppose to be feeling and the nose bleeds and eye bleed was pretty good too! :lol:

Seeing Donald in the lab was fun for me. It was him showing us that science is pretty cool and that was a huge theme of this show all along. I felt that was another important moment to finish off Fringe with.

My favorite parts had to be when Olivia crossed over. I liked the fact that Other Olivia, Lincoln and Henry were a family and they were happy. It's the same thing that our Olivia should also have too. There was even a fun Easter Egg on the television screen that scrolled across that Chelsea Clinton was leading in the presidential race! :thumbup: There was some good scenes there as Olivia has to stay in focus as she slips between the two universes and in the end, Other Olivia and Lincoln save her. I loved the old exchange between Olivia and Lincoln as she tells him to be careful once again. Just like before! :wub:

Best scenes: Olivia crossing over and seeing Other Olivia and Lincoln smile as they realize she's back.
Michael controlling Widmark.

"Of course, that's brilliant ash can!" Walter
"Quit checking out my young ass!" Other Olivia to Lincoln
"You owe me." September to December

Part 2- This episode had so many good scenes and special moments! Just as the team thinks the plan is all falling into place, we learn that it is falling apart too. First, Broyles realizes he has been found out by Widmark and he is leading them right to the lab. Later, Olivia and Astrid go to December's to get the tech but the Observers have got it themselves. Everything seems pretty hopeless but the best thing is that Astrid gets to save the day with another great idea! I just love that tptb show us that through all these years, she has become that right hand of Walter's who was always brilliant. Michael knew that Astrid was about to solve it all and he wanted them all to listen to themselves and not him. :)

Broyles gets caught and I was pretty worried at this point for his survival. I loved the fact that it is Peter and Olivia who save him in the end. This was pure "Fringe" at it's best with all those "science gone bad" cases used to attack the Observers/loyalists! I really thought that was a brilliant idea to use all of that against them. I loved it when Peter tells Broyles, "Trust me" when he knows what was released while Broyles had no idea what was going on.

The whole fight scene was everyone working together to make the plan work. We got to see some fun in the anti gravity bullets..."that's cool!" and the final destruction of Widmark. I had to laugh a little at the scene where Widmark lifts Olivia by the throat since I thought immediately of LOTR, "Return of the King" battle fight on Pelennor fields when the Lady of Rohan fights to save Denethor. Best part was Olivia getting her own revenge on Widmark using her own powers to squish him like a bug between those cars! :lol:

The idea of us accepting that Donald would be the one to sacrifice himself, just so he could be together again with Michael, was a perfect idea that lead us to believe Walter didn't need to redeem himself at last. I thought it was another amazing move to have September/Donald shot one more time as he tries to escape with Michael. This takes it all right back to the end of last season when we knew September had been shot eventually by Jessica Holt. This occurrence was another "event" that had to happen again. Seeing Walter be the "one" was good though. It meant that he would be able to go ahead into time where he probably was always meant to go. I felt this was almost a gift to Walter in the end. He was the scientist of all scientists to help Michael change the course of events that had happened.

Now the best scenes of all which include those tribute moments for our Fringe characters and the craziness that only Fringe could give in the last 5 years on the air:

September talking with December once again.

Peter finding that tape and watching it with Walter. :wub: :cry:

Astrid showing Walter one last look at Gene, and the confirmation from Walter of his love for Astrid and of course her name!( This had to be my #1 since they were both my favorite characters from the show... :cry: :cry: :cry: )

Broyles and Widmark at last confronting each other and Widmark's reveal of weakness to Broyles.

Donald talking to Walter about why he must be the one to take Michael into future. :cry:

"Fringe Style" attacks on the loyalists/Observers with the bonus of saving Broyles!! :thumbsup:

Michael plays the music box one last time for Donald. :cry:

Peter mouthing "I love you" to Walter. :wub: :cry:

Seeing that wonderful, happy ending and the smile on Peter's face as he receives "the white tulip" from Walter.

Good lines:

"Destiny can be changed. You have to have the will to change it, even if it requires sacrifice." September to December
"You are my favorite thing. My very, favorite thing." Walter to Peter :wub: :wub:
"I too feel something. I believe you call it hate." Widmark to Broyles
"The feeling is mutual." Broyles :thumbsup:
"That's being a father." Walter to Donald
"It's about hope and protecting our children." Donald
{Unspoken but still the best of all} "I love you" Peter to Walter :thumbup:
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:12 pm

^All of those things are what really made the finale great, Jacob'sMom :thumbup: Glad you liked it! :)

So do you think September lives on, Jacob'sMom?

Other things I was reminded of was both "Back to the Future" and Alias...I had forgotten that Milo Rambaldi had a music box that had a code for Zero-Point Energy mathematically within it's note structure...Bad Robot always seems to use musical equations to express the complexities and beauty of life, and this time was no exception.

--------------------------------

Ok! Someone found something more positive that I was hoping for..

The Address on the envelope seems to be from the Future! -And he lives on an Observer named Street! :D

W. Bishop
1816 "observer writing here" St
Boston, Ma

http://mediacdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/419/2637/original.jpg

At least now I can think Observers still lived in some way and that maybe Walter continued to send mail!

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby WJames on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:43 pm

^^ Nice review Jacobs mom. ;)
WJames
Guest Star

Postby JacobsMom on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:35 am

DarthLocke wrote:^All of those things are what really made the finale great, Jacob'sMom :thumbup: Glad you liked it! :)

So do you think September lives on, Jacob'sMom?

Other things I was reminded of was both "Back to the Future" and Alias...I had forgotten that Milo Rambaldi had a music box that had a code for Zero-Point Energy mathematically within it's note structure...Bad Robot always seems to use musical equations to express the complexities and beauty of life, and this time was no exception.

--------------------------------

Ok! Someone found something more positive that I was hoping for..

The Address on the envelope seems to be from the Future! -And he lives on an Observer named Street! :D

W. Bishop
1816 "observer writing here" St
Boston, Ma

http://mediacdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/419/2637/original.jpg

At least now I can think Observers still lived in some way and that maybe Walter continued to send mail!

What a cool find! I never thought about trying to get a closer look at the envelope. :thumbsup:

Yes Darth, I do believe that September still lives on since I think things were only reset from that moment in 2015. Everything that happened before that happened, imo. He still was there to do all those things except now the Observers are like Michael instead. The 12 still traveled through time to "observe" but never had a reason to come and invade anymore since they were able to keep their emotional states. In a way we know from the finale that they were all affected at some point just by being around regular humans.

I know it may not be a perfectly smooth conclusion but I kept thinking about what Walter showed us on his chalk board long ago. He spoke of the little detours from the main time line that veer off when changes occur. That's good enough for me to believe that everything else stayed the same before 2015.
Last edited by JacobsMom on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby JacobsMom on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:37 am

WJames wrote:

^^ Nice review Jacobs mom. ;)

Thanks James! :)

Hey everyone! It's been so much fun talking out Fringe these last 5 years. :D I don't spend much time on here anymore but if J.J. ever gets us another sci fi masterpiece to watch again, I'm sure I'll be back. Take care! :thumbsup:
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby WJames on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:47 am

JacobsMom wrote:Hey everyone! It's been so much fun talking out Fringe these last 5 years. :D I don't spend much time on here anymore but if J.J. ever gets us another sci fi masterpiece to watch again, I'm sure I'll be back. Take care! :thumbsup:

Bye JM! I think I'll probably follow your path...So, yeah, take care everyone!!! ;)
WJames
Guest Star

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:37 pm

JacobsMom wrote:

Hey everyone! It's been so much fun talking out Fringe these last 5 years. :D I don't spend much time on here anymore but if J.J. ever gets us another sci fi masterpiece to watch again, I'm sure I'll be back. Take care! :thumbsup:

Will miss you and your lovely posts! :)

WJames wrote:
Bye JM! I think I'll probably follow your path...So, yeah, take care everyone!!! ;)

I will miss you too and our great debates, and of course your song tributes! :afro:

But I have a little goodbye present.(or ploy to bring you back here! ;) )

Be on the look out for 2 works!

Fox has a Pilot commitment with Bad Robot. Joel Wyamn is writing the Pilot and acting as a show runner working along with the writers of Fringe season 5 (so I would assume David Fury would be on board with this). It's still untitled, but it's Blade Runner/Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep -esque. Described as "Bombastic, Futuristic Body-Cop Drama where humanoid Androids are partnered with L.A. Cops!"

(I am secretly wishing for Josh Holloway to return to TV for this)

And there is a Bad Robot project (I think they have a Pilot commitment too) with NBC tentively titled, "Believe". It's about a young girl who is suppose to gain super powers that can save the world in 7 years. A Criminal comes to protect her from others who want to do her harm before she gains those powers...It's going to be Directed by Harry Potter 3 director...

I'll pass the Tulip onto to you! I have faith I'll see you (or your writing at least) again! :D

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Previous

Return to Fringe Discussion [No spoilers!]