[Official] FRINGE - S5 -Discussion Thread

General Discussion for 'Fringe'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: [Official] FRINGE - S5 -Discussion Thread

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:47 pm

JacobsMom wrote:Another great episode! :thumbsup:

Loved all the fun references back to LOST. Even having "Radinsky" back as a Loyalist this time around. Favorite image had to be Peter and Walter looking down into the entrance of the tunnel to Harvard!!

I thought this whole scenario between Etta, Olivia and the loyalist was so well written and directed. I agree with Darth that everything is centering on love and the ability for humanity to not lose sight of it as the Observers have. I've got to go back to the season 1 episode "Inner Child" once again for a great connection to where we are right now. We do need women and children Observers to fix these crazy Observers that have taken over the world!!

I'm thinking that will be the last we see of poor Simon. Sort of his goodbye scene before the end. :(

I also loved the idea of having Walter video tape all this information. It should make for a cool few episodes of them trying to track down all the tapes.

Favorite special effect had to be Etta torturing loyalist guy and making him age! Neat idea from tptb and I thought the effects were pretty darn cool! :thumbup:

In "Inner Child" I always found it curious that the child observer was found "hidden" in a prison, underground...(and that the yellow M and M's play to the amber time line --->follow the yellow brick road)

For a lot of reasons I still think the amber timeline, despite it reflecting a time loop with in itself, could still be a state of Bardo (flash sideways/ethereal plane) in which Peter is experiencing in order to change his actual corporeal time line we left at the end of season three....and like an under ground prison this deathly (bad dream)state of being provides layers of truths to be placed on top of ours...(As I believe the Fringe writers are taking Lost's flash sideways concept a step further, as what if you could use the FS to change the out come before everyone actually dies?) Desmond is sort of set up like Walter in the sense that he seemed to come to the Island with blank memory in spots, but is like Peter in terms of various kinds of time travel, especially conscienceley either in other time lines, networking them together so that things can make "corporeal" sense and by being able to the view the flash sides ways (where his fs counter part takes a physical role) while not yet being dead.

There are other time displacement discrepancies from Etta's and Olivia's experiences 'the day Etta disappeared'.
Peter's shirts are different...In Etta's (which more or less comes from Peter's perspective -which is kind of weird since it's Etta's dream) Peter experiences several repeats of the event and in Olivia's she experiences a building in the back ground disappear (Time displacement verses occupancy law)...But the differences to their experiences may not just be proof of time displacement in being in process of changing the future of the amber time line and show multiple time line convergences (all the rise must converge), but might also suggest that the differences in Peter and Olivia's experiences from this point on led them to different paths in terms of finding Etta or going back to work.

Also in Olivia's sequence It looks like Etta "disappears" before Peter can grab her. It could be a by product of either Etta's cortexiphan abilities or another time displacement factor....but also Olivia and Peter wake up in a triage like center as if there was "a blast"! For Peter specifically this mirrors his experiences in 6:02 AM/The Last Sam Weiss and his conscience time traveling experience when he "woke up" form a blast in a previous 2026 -The Day We Died

A separate note going back to Oscar or Oskar....I do think we might actually meet one that the loyalist left that address behind for a reason...Because it was Eric Lange who gave the information I could see a parallel between his former lost character and this possible Oscar character, with somebody with advanced tech like a time machine....but as I am writiing my Revolution review and being pushed by The Stand References and The Plague Dogs in conjunction to aggression that some of the non main cast are in acting, it brought me Alias large scale Mueller Device, which caused people to become aggressive, as it's a type of biochemical weapon...It turns out Rambaldi's device, because it was brought to life by modern scientist, was named after him and not Rambaldi, as it is referred to as the Mueller Devise after OSKAR Mueller. (Last year I was also reminded by this because the S4 finale was originally thought to be called "End Game" another Alias references as the Mueller devise related to the Bee's been turned arratic = 'bee hive mind")

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby supermodel on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:47 pm

Hm, I'm not sure what I think about this last episode. I liked but did not love it, but I often change my opinion after I watch a second time.

On the one hand, I like how the search for the missing videos fits with the COTW format, which is a comfortable and familiar context for both the characters and the audience. I just wasn't particularly moved by this week's case. And I'm still deciding if I think they did a good job with the subtext of what sacrifices a parent is willing to make to ensure a child's future.

Yesterday I had lunch with a friend, a dedicated Fringe viewer for 4 years, who hated the season premiere and the general idea of FF to 2036 so much that she has stopped watching the show. It was really surprising and I have been thinking a lot about the reasons someone would be so turned off. I almost never speak with anyone who doesn't love every episode so it has given me food for thought.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:45 am

supermodel wrote:Hm, I'm not sure what I think about this last episode. I liked but did not love it, but I often change my opinion after I watch a second time.

On the one hand, I like how the search for the missing videos fits with the COTW format, which is a comfortable and familiar context for both the characters and the audience. I just wasn't particularly moved by this week's case. And I'm still deciding if I think they did a good job with the subtext of what sacrifices a parent is willing to make to ensure a child's future.

Yesterday I had lunch with a friend, a dedicated Fringe viewer for 4 years, who hated the season premiere and the general idea of FF to 2036 so much that she has stopped watching the show. It was really surprising and I have been thinking a lot about the reasons someone would be so turned off. I almost never speak with anyone who doesn't love every episode so it has given me food for thought.

I liked it a lot. (There's a surprise! :PP )

That's so weird your friend isn't found of the future story line (in a lot of ways there are elements to the red universe with in it). I wonder what it is about she doesn't like? If it's the image of it, or more the atmosphere (which I have to say is very dark and moody compared most episodes in other seasons. The light heartedness is kind of gone)

There were nice tie-backs to Johari Window, Northwest Passage, and Alone in the world that I think made the controversial aspect of "courage" and sacrafice kind of interesting.

One of the reason I love Alone in the World is because of the way Aaron is written and what he means both directly reflecting Walter by facing and causing death (Aaron killed 2 other boys, may mirror other instances of killing children and/or innocence), but also because this lonely boy who likes to draw is a segway to Olivia as well.

There are also little references back to Alcatraz with a man in Edwin, an advanced room hidden underground in the forest, and the comics.

The episode didn't prove time displacement aspects like the other episodes, but they did make a point to compare a memory of Peter and Olivia which matched, but the idea behind River making SO many different stories about what happened to the Fringe division, could still weigh in more time displacement/time line convergence possibilities.

I don't have much to add with out repeating things I thought about from the previous episode, where I think for Olivia, this about her sacrificing and being a soldier for the right reasons, as we can argue that denying the existence of a child/person is very different than saying goodbye to them....

Over all I think these episodes are VERY emotionally driven episodes that have a very eerie sacrificial despair to them. It will be interesting to see where the next one takes us, especially with it's title! :)

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:01 pm

I agree, I think this whole season will be emotionally driven. That's one reason I wasn't feeling the story of the tree bark people, there just wasn't enough there and it was overwhelmed by the larger feelings at play among the main characters. If we proceed with the tape-of-the-week/case-of-the week format, we're going to need some pretty stellar stories if they are not to be overshadowed by the overall arc of the broken Bishop/Dunham family.

Memory was a major theme, the bark people are trying to record history so that it will not be forgotten, meanwhile Olivia's photographic memory means that she cannot possibly forget any of the painful details of her own past. Perhaps it is a blessing that Etta did not inherit this trait from her mother.

I did enjoy Olivia's little speech about how she always thought she was not cut out to be a mother, she as meant for something different. On our podcast we have talked a lot about that issue, that Olivia is perhaps not meant to have a happy and fulfilling personal life, that she and Peter are always doomed to be torn apart somehow, that she will always choose the mission. After hearing Olivia this week, I have begun to wonder if she will die this season. We all know that anyone can die and someone probably will. I could see Olivia sacrificing herself to ensure humanity's future just as Bark Daddy sacrificed himself.
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby WJames on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:04 am

supermodel wrote:Hm, I'm not sure what I think about this last episode. I liked but did not love it, but I often change my opinion after I watch a second time.

In a weekly episode context, The Recordist does seem slow and uneventful but as many other episodes of Fringe have proven me before, I'm guessing that this epi will also fare much better when re-watching the entire season. At least emotionally.

I thought that the subtext of a sacrificing parent and the memory that needs to be preserved in one case and purged in another was written well enough to have an impact on the viewer. The epi itself doesn't deserve any medals and it doesn't break any new grounds, but it fits nicely with the rest of the Fringe episodes that were merely mediocre in quality. I smelled the twist where the recordist sacrifices himself two miles away so they lose points because of predictability and obviousness there, but they get some back because I didn't expect Olivia's reasoning for leaving Boston and Peter to be the fear of facing reality regarding the loss of Etta and her thinking she wasn't a good mom, or fit to be a mom. Actually this part strengthens my belief even more that in the end Olivia, Peter and Etta will get to be a family one way or another.

Interesting to hear about your friend's hate for the new season...Well, I'd say if you were an avid viewer for years, that it seems very...immature to throw a hissy fit right at the end of the journey. I hate Lost season 6 and consider it one of the worst dreck that I had the privilege to watch, a horrific butchering of once great story, but I don't regret watching it and re-watching it. I had to see how it all ends and fits in the big picture. Maybe it's just me and your friend is right, I don't know, but that's how I feel. And I can see how a ruined planet in the year 2036 doesn't present itself as a perfect playing field for the last part of the Fringe journey where the story ends, but personally, I like it. I like the 2036 concept and the opportunities it presents for the storytelling, even though I suspect there will be a final timeline/universe in the very end and the story doesn't have to take place in 2036.

supermodel wrote:After hearing Olivia this week, I have begun to wonder if she will die this season. We all know that anyone can die and someone probably will. I could see Olivia sacrificing herself to ensure humanity's future just as Bark Daddy sacrificed himself.

In my eyes that role belongs to Walter. Sacrificing himself so his son could have the family life he never did. Anyway, maybe it is Walter maybe it isn't, but somebody will have to die if they aim for bittersweet as they said.

The Recordist:
6/10
Last edited by WJames on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
WJames
Guest Star

Postby JacobsMom on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:07 am

I have to say that I did enjoy this episode once again, although the premise of the "bark" people didn't seem that interesting. I guess it was just a way to take the viewers back into the woods one more time before the end. I guess I always liked how Fringe(and many other shows that film in Vancouver) uses the surrounding areas to film their episodes. What I did enjoy was the fact that these people had become the record keepers of important events of our immediate past which correlates to what we saw in the beginning of Fringe with the Observers "observing" our past.

I also like this idea that the team has to go on a scavenger hunt to find all of Walter's videos. It gives a purpose that I think will help connect everything as we move closer to the end. Sometimes we didn't have that in other seasons where things just kept happening and we had to put the pieces together ourselves to figure out the plan.

The best scenes for me have been the interactions between the Bishop family. That scene between Peter and Olivia in the van was great. We are seeing the results of something that happened years ago and now it has to finally be resolved after being frozen in time/amber.

I think there is a different kind of humor this season. We are still getting the fun stuff with Walter, but this is a new world for our amber team. My favorite funny scene in this episode had to be the point where we believe the team will be caught by the Observers and it is only another guy in the van! Then we see the Bishops loading up in a familiar car which looks a lot like Walter's old station wagon! :thumbsup: Ending things with a good moment is always fun!

I don't have a problem with the idea of this man having to choose between the security of his son and the chance to stop the Observers. One thing that I've always noticed with Fringe is that our characters and the guest characters are ususally having the same struggles in the episode. We see this man torn with the idea of having to die to help the team and in turn, loosing the ability to be there for his son. The same theme is going on in this struggle between Olivia and what happened with Etta.

I just decided to really enjoy this last short season of Fringe, with no serious analysis, and be glad that we get to have the ending that tptb want to give us. :D
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:19 am

supermodel wrote:I agree, I think this whole season will be emotionally driven. That's one reason I wasn't feeling the story of the tree bark people, there just wasn't enough there and it was overwhelmed by the larger feelings at play among the main characters. If we proceed with the tape-of-the-week/case-of-the week format, we're going to need some pretty stellar stories if they are not to be overshadowed by the overall arc of the broken Bishop/Dunham family.

Memory was a major theme, the bark people are trying to record history so that it will not be forgotten, meanwhile Olivia's photographic memory means that she cannot possibly forget any of the painful details of her own past. Perhaps it is a blessing that Etta did not inherit this trait from her mother.

I did enjoy Olivia's little speech about how she always thought she was not cut out to be a mother, she as meant for something different. On our podcast we have talked a lot about that issue, that Olivia is perhaps not meant to have a happy and fulfilling personal life, that she and Peter are always doomed to be torn apart somehow, that she will always choose the mission. After hearing Olivia this week, I have begun to wonder if she will die this season. We all know that anyone can die and someone probably will. I could see Olivia sacrificing herself to ensure humanity's future just as Bark Daddy sacrificed himself.

I agree. I think there still has to be episodes that take some kind of turn or even perhaps greatly game change something, but I also feel like the amber time line, especially in it's 2036 period is meant to be somber and about facing existentialism (which I think we are going to see deaths of some of these characters)...but I don't think it's going to end here, or here alone. I think this might just be the calm before the storm...

JacobsMom wrote:I think there is a different kind of humor this season. We are still getting the fun stuff with Walter, but this is a new world for our amber team. My favorite funny scene in this episode had to be the point where we believe the team will be caught by the Observers and it is only another guy in the van! Then we see the Bishops loading up in a familiar car which looks a lot like Walter's old station wagon! :thumbsup: Ending things with a good moment is always fun!

I also agree! :) I love that they find another station wagon!!!! I think it's still nice to have these moments of hope at end of the episodes...all of the characters are trying to progress, trying to be better. :thumbup:

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby supermodel on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:27 pm

Kristin is famous for spoilers, but this page is non-spoiler. Check out the hilarious promo photo of February walking his dog, Snowball.

http://www.eonline.com/news/357677/frin ... r-are-they
supermodel
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:17 pm

supermodel wrote:Kristin is famous for spoilers, but this page is non-spoiler. Check out the hilarious promo photo of February walking his dog, Snowball.

http://www.eonline.com/news/357677/frin ... r-are-they

Hahaha! I love it! :D

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:37 am

5x04 The Bullet that Saved the World:
Good thing I still think Peter is "in the machine" (or connected to the machine) and that the amber time line = Bardo!

Pawn Shop = metaphor for Bardo --->to Barter and Trade ---> Variable exchanges = reciprocity. Double reference to "pawn" in game of chess. (Pawn shop + cut on head = "Last Sam Weiss" + repeated in "The Day We Died")

Poor Etta, but I suspect we will see her character again before the end of the series, and not just in memorabilia or flashbacks.

I think Olivia needs to hear the Beatle's Song: GOLDEN SLUMBERS/Cary That Weight/The End!

I love that Widmark was almost contorted about "love" and think it's the key to the Observers undoing. It goes alomh with the whole code name "Dove" thing...(Nina?)

The Boy with the harmonica! -The idea was SO familiar and I have to think it could be a reference to Baz Luhrmanns "Australia" where the half Aboriginal boy, Nullah, plays "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" on the harmonica, as he is obsessed with The Wizard of Oz, thanks to hearing Lady Ashley sing it to him.

Good to see Broyles again and to know we can still count on him. -But I have to say I wish they would quit leaving Astrid behind!

Was SO cool that Walter made a room full of things from all the Fringe cases! (and I knew we would see his and Bell's viewing device again! -I think Walter is going to use it some point soon!)

I think killing Etta was good thing to do (not because I'm not going to miss her). This way Olivia and Walter may have a real reason to do what ever it is they are going to do. It forces them to come to terms with themselves, and/or for Olivia to confront something that I think she had yet to.

I will leave you guys with "Kilroy" (a World War II reference, like "Australia") aka : Mr. Roboto!

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby WJames on Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:25 pm

Well... anything goes in this show and I have absolutely no idea what will happen next or how this whole thing will end. :S :S :S

I have to say that this is my fav episode of the season. They had my emotions running high, just like Lost used to do back in the day. I can't remember any other show besides these two that made me cry. Damn you Abrams! Ned Stark's beheading made me go meh but here I cry like a little schoolgirl when Broyles hugs Olive not to mention when Etta died.

Yeah, Etta's death. It is way to early that I would even consider it a permanent deal. I was expecting the whole time that she would heal like her mom did. She was drenched in cortexophan when she was only a fetus. She must have other Olive like powers; Teleportation, healing, whatever!

Peter is gonna go mental on Observers. That look in the end pretty much told us everything about his state of mind. Another killing spree is in order for Peter and I don't blame him.

What you said Darth, that he is still in the machine. I agree with you it is more then possible, but I don't think it would be a good ending for the show. What do you think, how would they handle that kind of twist. Peter regains control of the Machine and knowing all possible outcomes creates an uberhappy final universe?! or he disappears again and everyone else is happy? Either way, I just don't feel that kind of ending would be proper. Maybe transporting himself to the exact point in time when the first observer poked his bald little head in the air to stop them from ever existing???

The Bullet That Saved The World:
10/10
WJames
Guest Star

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:21 pm

WJames wrote:Well... anything goes in this show and I have absolutely no idea what will happen next or how this whole thing will end. :S :S :S

I have to say that this is my fav episode of the season. They had my emotions running high, just like Lost used to do back in the day. I can't remember any other show besides these two that made me cry. Damn you Abrams! Ned Stark's beheading made me go meh but here I cry like a little schoolgirl when Broyles hugs Olive not to mention when Etta died.

Yeah, Etta's death. It is way to early that I would even consider it a permanent deal. I was expecting the whole time that she would heal like her mom did. She was drenched in cortexophan when she was only a fetus. She must have other Olive like powers; Teleportation, healing, whatever!

Peter is gonna go mental on Observers. That look in the end pretty much told us everything about his state of mind. Another killing spree is in order for Peter and I don't blame him.

What you said Darth, that he is still in the machine. I agree with you it is more then possible, but I don't think it would be a good ending for the show. What do you think, how would they handle that kind of twist. Peter regains control of the Machine and knowing all possible outcomes creates an uberhappy final universe?! or he disappears again and everyone else is happy? Either way, I just don't feel that kind of ending would be proper. Maybe transporting himself to the exact point in time when the first observer poked his bald little head in the air to stop them from ever existing???

The Bullet That Saved The World:
10/10

The point of Bardo as stated in The Tibetan Book of Dead, is about experiencing reality in a different way. In "Peter and the Machine" it is better explained that by choosing "balance" would mean Peter chose death for himself...

Tibetan Book of Dead Wiki:
The Liberation Through Hearing During The Intermediate State (Standard Tibetan: bardo "liminality"; thodol as "liberation"), sometimes translated as Liberation Through Hearing or transliterated as Bardo Thodol, is a funerary text. It is often referred to in the West by the more casual title, Tibetan Book of the Dead, a name which draws a parallel with the ancient Egyptian Book of the Dead, another funerary text.

The Tibetan text describes, and is intended to guide one through, the experiences that the consciousness has after death, during the interval between death and the next rebirth. This interval is known in Tibetan as the bardo. The text also includes chapters on the signs of death, and rituals to undertake when death is closing in, or has taken place. It is the most internationally famous and widespread work of Tibetan Nyingma literature.

IMO the point of this would be that this Bardo Ethereal Plane (like Lost's Flash Sideways) is an accumulation of truths and identities of our characters through several time lines (Enlightenment + 'Forced Perspective'). The difference from Lost and expanding on it's concept is that "the machine" lets one "use" and experience the flash sideways in order to actally change the current corporeal time line(s) BEFORE all the characters die. The plane itself may cause "reciprocity" --but also gives Peter Insight (Christmas Carol) so that should he return to the corporeal, maybe @ 9 or 10, there may be a final confrontation in which he can save everyone and change all of their fates, because of the information gained in the Amber Timeline.

(Imagine if Desmond could have changed everything to his advantage and if some of them, like Jack, didn't have to die, or die they way and when they did?! It also shows us a quantum mechanical difference from Lost characters "moving on" verses actually being able to 'die' in the FS!)

More proof of Bardo: Third post down on this thread: http://www.spoilertv.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=23356&start=120

Plus: Japanese woman in rocking chair in 5x01 = "If You Meet the Buddha on the Road, Kill him!" -Peter's favorite book.

Allusions to "LSD" again with Walter and "New York BUS Tour" - alternate reality and "Eyes with out a Face"
Possible nod to Cary that Weight/Golden Slumber/The End Beatles song with 'carying the weight of the bullet that saved the world' metaphor.
Wizard of Oz - alternate reality - find way back home.

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby WJames on Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:20 pm

We'll see how it all plays out... But thinking about it some more and looking at it from a writing perspective it would be incredibly lazy to pull that rabbit out of a hat in the end. Oh, Peter was in the machine the whole time and now he is gonna make everything right. :huh: :| Though it could still happen.

Maybe the machine could be utilized in the end, but in a different way. Maybe the plan to defeat the Observers is to actually get hold of the Machine in 2036 (it still exists somewhere, right?) and re-program it and use it as a weapon (its original purpose?)?

:cry: :cry: :cry:
WJames
Guest Star

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:03 pm

WJames wrote:We'll see how it all plays out... But thinking about it some more and looking at it from a writing perspective it would be incredibly lazy to pull that rabbit out of a hat in the end. Oh, Peter was in the machine the whole time and now he is gonna make everything right. :huh: :| Though it could still happen.

Maybe the machine could be utilized in the end, but in a different way. Maybe the plan to defeat the Observers is to actually get hold of the Machine in 2036 (it still exists somewhere, right?) and re-program it and use it as a weapon (its original purpose?)?

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Well it could be that some of the things that have been happening to Peter might relate to things might be things that are happening to everyone else, elsewhere...Even the Observer thing could be something that is on the verge of happening, even though it already happened "here".

-But one thing that seems imminent, unless the writers don't touch it with a ten foot pole, is the fact that we have a child Observer in season 1...So far no child (or women) Observers have been presented in the amber time line, which I find rather suspicious since Olivia had yet to have a child (as far as we know for certain) until now...It's one of the things that gives this time line away, unless the series is going to do super time travel stuff with this time line 'pre-existing' before the s1 time line...

I still believe the intent of the series is NOT to make a super weapon to" wipe out" the Observers, unless the weapon is capable of giving them love to change their perspective, which should coincide with Olivia (she didn't even cry when Etta died) being able to 'let go'' of the soldier and embrace the nurturer...

I agree that it would be more interesting to utilize the machine in some other way before the show ends

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby JacobsMom on Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:43 pm

Wow, just another amazing episode!! :thumbsup: As long as we keep getting this type of quality right to the end, I will be happy with this last, short season.

I really enjoyed the whole twist of not knowing where Broyles alliance was at. Once we got a quick glimpse of him looking at the picture in his office, I knew then. He will be important now to the team as a double agent and maybe it was one of the reasons for Etta's death. Now, the "whole" Fringe team will be back together to take down these Observers.

I hated that Etta had to die and I really liked her character. The interaction between everyone and her was really good, imo. I haven't said it before but the resemblance between Anna T. and her was just perfect, and the young actress did an excellent job coming into this final season!

I agree with Darth that it will probably be the idea of love that takes down the Observers in the end. It does revert back to the fact of what we saw in earlier seasons with September and even the young Observer looking boy. That is the component these futuristic "men" have lost somehow and it needs to be reinserting back into their DNA. Then things will change completely throughout the timelines. I guess that may be why there are no female Observers now since maybe the human race just kept blending the two sexes into one. No reason to love.

I'm also hoping that now with Etta gone, Astrid will be back with the team as they solve the puzzle. I would love to see Sam Weiss again too! I kept thinking about him when Walter was looking at that huge equation.

I also like how tptb returned to the bullet that killed Olivia and how it was a keepsake of Etta's that she never knew the story behind. I guess in a way it was to show how even Etta had to give her life for things to change. It was possibly her destiny(?) in this timeline?

My favorite ending would be the result of things returning to that scene at the park with little Etta and her parents happy in a new future. The point back to where there is no invasion from the Observers because in the end they had no need to come back and take over. The Observers gained the ability to love and care for each other. They had little Observer boys to love.
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

PreviousNext

Return to Fringe Discussion [No spoilers!]