[OFFICIAL] Spoilers and Speculation Thread

Spoiler discussion for 'Fringe'

Moderator: Moderators

Re: [OFFICIAL] Spoilers and Speculation Thread

Postby b3rt4 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:31 pm

Well I'm going to skip the next episode :)

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby JacobsMom on Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:14 pm

b3rt4 wrote:Well I'm going to skip the next episode :)

That's what I was thinking too b3rt4 but after seeing the promo for it this week, I think it might be a fun change of pace. TPTB left us with a mini cliff hanger after Thursday night so this will be a sort of fun episode. I'm not sure how much singing we will get but the premise of Walter telling a "fairy tale" to Rachel's little girl looked interesting. It is also a way to give these characters a more light-hearted identity from what we have seen. Heck, TPTB might even throw in some little hints or clues along the way too for the ending season. You just never know!! :lol:
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby Lockes disciple on Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:48 pm

After the last episode I'm dumbfounded to try to explain how they will continue with the story by doing a musical episode. Doing a musical episode after such a serious and sad ending to "The Man From The Other Side" seems like a bad/risky choice. A musical takes the "reality" out of the situation. Its like breaking the fourth wall and taking the audience on a ride into fantasy. The issue with Walter's trepidation to inform Peter of the truth and then Peter figuring it out on his own is a serious issue and should be addressed in a serious and dramatic way. There will be tears, hugs, heart-to-heart conversations, and some alone time for both characters to deal with all these emotions. These are moments that are dramatic and tragic and if anything I'd think they'd want to stick with a serious tone to tell this part of the story. Musicals can be tragic, but this series isn't a music oriented show and the change in tone could just ruin that storyline. If the characters all of a sudden break out into song and dance routines it makes the audience wonder, "Am I supposed to be laughing or feeling empathetic with Walter and Peter?"

Thats why I wonder if this episode is all based on the point of view of Walter and told thru his eyes as if its all a dream he has. Maybe they're trying to do an opera-style theme.

Lockes disciple
Star Billing

Postby b3rt4 on Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:52 pm

JacobsMom wrote:
b3rt4 wrote:Well I'm going to skip the next episode :)

That's what I was thinking too b3rt4 but after seeing the promo for it this week, I think it might be a fun change of pace. TPTB left us with a mini cliff hanger after Thursday night so this will be a sort of fun episode. I'm not sure how much singing we will get but the premise of Walter telling a "fairy tale" to Rachel's little girl looked interesting. It is also a way to give these characters a more light-hearted identity from what we have seen. Heck, TPTB might even throw in some little hints or clues along the way too for the ending season. You just never know!! :lol:

Well I don't like fairy tales nor musicals... :PP
I'm kinda **** they gonna air a happy episode after the ending of the last one. :thumbsdown:

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

Postby JacobsMom on Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:03 am

Lockes disciple wrote:After the last episode I'm dumbfounded to try to explain how they will continue with the story by doing a musical episode. Doing a musical episode after such a serious and sad ending to "The Man From The Other Side" seems like a bad/risky choice. A musical takes the "reality" out of the situation. Its like breaking the fourth wall and taking the audience on a ride into fantasy. The issue with Walter's trepidation to inform Peter of the truth and then Peter figuring it out on his own is a serious issue and should be addressed in a serious and dramatic way. There will be tears, hugs, heart-to-heart conversations, and some alone time for both characters to deal with all these emotions. These are moments that are dramatic and tragic and if anything I'd think they'd want to stick with a serious tone to tell this part of the story. Musicals can be tragic, but this series isn't a music oriented show and the change in tone could just ruin that storyline. If the characters all of a sudden break out into song and dance routines it makes the audience wonder, "Am I supposed to be laughing or feeling empathetic with Walter and Peter?"

Thats why I wonder if this episode is all based on the point of view of Walter and told thru his eyes as if its all a dream he has. Maybe they're trying to do an opera-style theme.

I am wondering if this has nothing to do with where they left off from the last episode.That's why it was such a cliff hanger one. This could be a completely separate thing from that point with Walter being alone and having Olivia bring Rachel's little girl to try and cheer Walter up. I don't know for sure but these are only guesses to how they could do it. I agree that it would be horrible to try and make this musical part of the same story line. I'm looking at it as sort of a brief break in the main story to have some fun with the actors.
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby Devil's Arcade on Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:52 pm

Fringe don't have enough main storyline episodes.
This won't be your typical COTW nor will it be Pattern related!

I saw (not exactly this) coming after last week, there was just NO way there would be another pattern and character episodes like that after the episode just aired.

I will watch it, and probably not enjoy it.
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert

Postby Lockes disciple on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:54 pm

I am wondering if this has nothing to do with where they left off from the last episode.That's why it was such a cliff hanger one. This could be a completely separate thing from that point with Walter being alone and having Olivia bring Rachel's little girl to try and cheer Walter up. I don't know for sure but these are only guesses to how they could do it. I agree that it would be horrible to try and make this musical part of the same story line. I'm looking at it as sort of a brief break in the main story to have some fun with the actors.

Yes that's kind of what I was thinking. But like I said, it doesn't seem like the right time to do this change in tone. Peter's upset, angry and feels a little betrayed by his father. Walter feels extremely guilty and ashamed at keeping the truth from his son for so long. Olivia feels a little guilty that she didn't tell Peter, and I'm sure Peter will ask if she knew and she'll have to come clean about it which will cause tension between them. So at this point in the story.... LET'S HAVE A MUSICAL!!

I was thinking maybe a very dramatic opera-style expression of Walter's guilt and sadness, Peter's anger and Olivia's empathy for them both is how they'd do it.

Lockes disciple
Star Billing

Postby Sandiwich11 on Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:39 pm

Follow me on Twitter: Sandiwich11
Sandiwich11
Forum Moderator

Season 3 Spoilers

Postby DarthLocke on Mon May 31, 2010 6:37 pm

Not too much yet in terms of details, but there have been some tadbits thrown out there...things regarding some of the direction of S3.

So far it looks like we may learn to have empathy for some of those alters.... :)

"The other thing about 'Fringe,' and we hope this will happen, is that while it's very clear-cut now — everyone's sort of rooting for the old team — I'm hoping that it won't [remain] so clear-cut. In the long run, viewers may find themselves torn between both sets of characters. The people on the other side have a very good case to make here. And then you say, 'Who do [we go for]?' If we can do that, we've created a great drama."

-"Fringe" star John Noble, explaining that the end of the second season of the show will lead to more ambiguity in the next season. Noble, who plays both brilliant scientist Walter Bishop and the alternate reality version of himself (cheekily called "Walternate") on the show, promised that the struggle between the team from our world and their corresponding characters in the parallel universe will each have their own agendas, and it won't necessarily be clear who the good guys truly are.

Co-star Joshua Jackson (one of the few characters on the show who doesn't have a double) also promised more development of the characters from the other side. "The other Olivia is sort of the polar opposite to the Olivia we have, or seemingly right now," the former "Dawson's Creek" star explained. "And Walternate is a bit of a polar opposite to the Walter that we've known, but if we do it well, you'll get to know those alternates better. And you'll see that they are fully fleshed-out characters as well."

Read more: http://www.spoilertv.com/search/label/F ... z0pWu74ALh

I have been listening to some of the lateset interviews and alot of the cast seem to keep going back to this idea of other parallel universes...I don't know if they are talking about it just because, or if they are hinting that be prepaired to deal with other universes!

I think the only way that would work is if the 3rd reality would either have people that are not our characters,but mirror their roles...or if like all characters are the opposite sex and a mix bag personallity wise of both of their other alters....I mean I would like to see an Oliver Dunham, Petra Bishop, or a Nikki Lane :lol:

Or maybe a reailty in which the observers come from???

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Re: Season 3 Spoilers

Postby MarcxD on Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:51 pm

Haha, funny idea about the gender doubles! I've been curious since they appeared in season 1 where the observers come from, so I really want some information about them. Also, I have a feeling season 3 will be just awesome.

I'm sad as to what happened to Bell, I would've liked more scenes with him and Walter, but I guess that was just something for the past. But maybe somehow he reappears ( I'd like to remain hopeful).

Anyway, can't wait for the next season (not only for fringe for that matter).
Watches: Alcatraz/Californication/True Blood/Game of Thrones/Dexter/Homeland/Sherlock/Doctor Who/The Walking Dead
MarcxD
Viewer

Postby Sandiwich11 on Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:25 pm

STAFF NOTICE!
Merged topics
STAFF NOTICES ARE ONLY TO BE USED BY FORUM STAFF!
Follow me on Twitter: Sandiwich11
Sandiwich11
Forum Moderator

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:04 pm

Season 3 first casting calls:

Here is info from a casting notice dated today re: 4 roles being cast for season 3, including Olivia's (Bolivia's) mother:

FRINGE (4 Roles)
Shoot Dates: Approx July 8

[POWERFUL FEMALE GOVERNMENT AGENT] -35-55. Becomes an adversary to our Fringe team. Possible 3-4 episodes out of the first 9. Starts episode 302 approximately July 19th. Submit all ethnicities. PLEASE ALSO SUBMIT NAME ACTORS.

[FEMALE THERAPIST] - 35-70- She's trustworthy, comforting, maternal and lovely. Starts approximately July 8. Submit all ethnicities. Possibly recurring.

[INNOCENT MALE STRANGER] - 35-70. Wonderful character actor who is also charming. He gets caught up in action that has nothing to do with him. Submit all ethnicities. Appears in episode 1. Starts approximately July 8th.

[OLIVIA'S MOTHER] -Caucasian. 50-60's. Lovely and together. She loves her daughter very much and is even more devoted since she lost her other daughter in childbirth. Possible 3-4 episode arc. Starts approximately July 8. PLEASE ALSO SUBMIT NAME ACTORS.

Read more: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/06/fringe ... z0qeR9pA22
--------------------------

I am glad we will get a glimpse into Olivia's mother....it will be interesting to see if the alterMother would have had the same experience as Olivia's mother did as our Olivia revealed to have shot her father at age 9 for being abusive (who is still out there somewhere) towards Olivia's mom. Maybe she will be the one to save 'our' Olivia????
-----------------------------------

To add on to the casting call, EW spoils that the new Agent is something to be reckon with:

Question: I don’t care what you have to do, just give me some sort of Fringe scoop to chew on so I don’t kill myself this summer! —Duncan
Ausiello: The suicide-hotline operator in me wants to get at the real reason you’re feeling so withdrawn and irritable. However, the TV newshound in me wants to bypass that crap and cut straight to the scoop: Fringe is getting ready to introduce a powerful female agent aged 35-55 who becomes an adversary for the Fringe team.

Read more: http://www.spoilertv.com/search/label/F ... z0rJ552pPs

and:

I can't wait to see how the new season of Fringe goes down. What have you heard? — Martha
MICKEY: As it did in Season 1, the Fringe division will have an in-house adversary, a powerful government official who thinks Agent Broyles gives his team far too much latitude. Her actions will complicate things for Walter & Co., who will already be burdened by the secret sabotage of Nolivia (the "over-there" Olivia).

Read more: http://www.spoilertv.com/search/label/F ... z0rJ5pfS2Z

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:49 pm

Another little tad bit on Olivia's mom:

I can't wait for Fringe to be back. What do you know about Olivia's mother? — Jack
MICKEY: So far, we're hearing that we'll only see her "over there," and that her ties to the Bishop family will be surprising.

Read more: http://www.spoilertv.com/search/label/T ... z0rhQAJyiB

-I hope it has to do with lakes or kayaking---In Walternates house there was photo-art framed on his wall with Kayak...in the pilot episode-during her conscience drug-indused experience, and also later Olivia explains to Peter, she used to go Kayaking with her Uncle...then we add in the fact that "reden Lake" seems to be a soft spot in our universe as both Walter and and a failed attempt by Robert Jones was a point of 'cross over"/A door opened....

It goes with the whole symmetry-balance verse eventually decay themes (pattern/design) and then also "ther row row row your boat" song/poem.

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Brookie on Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:31 am

Absolutely love the fact that Olivia's mother will be appearing in the ALT (is that what we're calling this? :P ), hopefully prominently.

With LOST having come to a close, Fringe is definitely at the top of my list for shows to watch devotedly next year!! :thumbup:
Brookie---keeper of the Sacred Doritos and defender of the Cake :pirate:
Brookie
Former Staff Member

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:10 pm

One new spoiler from Ausellio/EW:

The Season 3 Premiere Episode Title: "Olivia"

DarthLocke
Show Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Fringe Spoilers