Season 3 Finale-Related-Spoilers!!!!!!!

Spoiler discussion for 'Fringe'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Season 3 Finale-Related-Spoilers!!!!!!!

Postby DarthLocke on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:19 pm

I decided I would do my best to separate spoilers that directly tie into the season 3 finale in case for some spoiler readers, this is where they want to draw the line. So please fellow show experts, and any one else who finds finale spoilers they would like to post, please post and discuss those things in this thread. Thanks.

Season Finale Scoop From Jeff Pinkner
Fringe showrunner Jeff Pinkner has dropped hints about the upcoming third season finale.

He told the New York Post that events will "unfurl in a very unexpected way for the characters and the audience".

"With as much humility as I can muster, I will tell you that I feel like this season start in a really strong place and it continues to delight us," he said. "Some of the stories coming up are really fun and exciting."

He added that viewers will "absolutely" see the Doomsday Machine that is linked to Peter (Joshua Jackson) be activated before the season's end.

"To me, surprise is a good means of storytelling, but sometimes giving the audience what they expect in an unexpected way is more satisfying," he explained. "As an audience member, I love guessing ahead on stories I care about. That's how our minds indicate they're really engaged."

Pinkner also confirmed that the Fringe production team are still planning ahead for future seasons, despite concerns about the show's ratings.

"We have six to eight seasons worth of material," he confirmed. "We see it as having certain chapters that would enrich the overall story, but aren't necessary to tell the overall story. God willing, the network allows us the time to tell our complete story."

Source: digital spy

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/03/fringe ... z1G1PE3a69




3x22 Casting Call:
FRINGE, Episode #322
Director: Joe Chappelle
Writers: TBD
Shoot Dates: TBD

Location: Vancouver

[18 YEAR OLD ELLA] Seeking the 18-20 year old version of Ella. MUST resembule LILY PILBLAD and must be at least 18 years old. Guest Star-Possibly recurring next season.

Source: Rhoswen@TWoP

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/03/fringe ... z1GBMO6m9y


YES!!! Third FUTURE Universe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew it!


3x22 features seeing a past of who?!

In Episode 3.22 we're going to see a Young 14yr old Walter.

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/03/fringe ... z1GFcGe9tu


So part 1 we get a flash back or reality featuring a young Walter (makes me think we may see Robert Bishop :hmm: )
and in part to we see an 18 yr old Ella! This is looking so excellent!!!!!!

3x22 Casting Call!
FRINGE, Episode #322 (Role of Emily)
Director: Joe Chappelle
Writers: TBD
Shoot Dates: March 24 - April 4
Location: Vancouver

[EMILY] Caucasian. This 23 year old FBI agent is on her first day of the job. She's wide eyed and ready to face all of the challenges in front of her. Guest Star. Possibly recurring next season.

Source: Rhoswen@TWoP

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/03/fringe ... z1GfpQzqaD


We Have More About Emily From Kristin E!
Cortexi_Fan: Fringe!
Season four—and gods willing, there will be a season four—might bring us a new lady castmember. Producers are casting for a green FBI agent named Emily to come aboard for the finale and possibly recur next year. Let's see, Rachel Nichols is already locked up by Criminal Minds, and Emily Rose is on Haven, so…paging Maggie Grace! (Who else would you like to see appear as a 23-year-old fed on Fringe? Hit the comments!)

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/03/latest ... z1GfqJXKjp



Emily theGREEN FBI Agent! Interesting...

Small Tad Bit From Ausiello
Question: Last season, Fringe opted for an epic two-hour season finale. Can we expect a similar such finale this year? —Duncan
Jeff Pinkner: No two-hour finale this year, but the last three episodes will be linked in one continuous story arc.
BREAKING: I’m awake! What did I miss?

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/03/latest ... z1GlVeMDni


New Set Photo: Most Likely Goes with the Future [reality] in which 18 yr Old Ella Exists
http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/03/fringe-new-set-photo-17th-march-2011.html

Note: 2021

Another Casting Call for 3x22:
well-known male Japanese actor in his late 40s to late 50s who speaks English" to come on board as a mysterious character named "Moreau."

Source: tvfanatic

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/03/fringe ... z1HLTQuKk1


Please let it be Hiroyuki Sanada!!! ::fingers crossed::--Well at any rate I will guess that there will be Dogen parallels! Let alone the novel/film:

The Island of Dr. Moreau ... H. G. Wells novel The Island of Doctor Moreau, a science fiction horror story about a scientist who attempts to convert animals into people.

The Names of the Last Two Episodes Revealed!
3.21 - The Last Sam Weiss
3.22 - The Day We Died

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/03/fringe ... z1HNdmDGF5


"The Day We Died" sounds like a an end of one reality and the beginning of another to me...and/or the extinction of the first people...
But even more interesting is that little Walter is to appear in "The Last Sam Weiss" --wonder what the connection will be there!


FBI AGENT (Emily) Cast:
The Fox thriller has tapped actress Emily Meade — best known for her memorable (albeit brief) stint as Michael Pitt’s prostitute-girlfriend on HBO’s Boardwalk Empire — to play a new FBI agent.

Source: TV Line

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/03/fringe ... z1HS27kOpl


A Little More About The New Agent From EW (not much new-pretty vague)

What can you tell me about the new agent coming to Fringe? I heard she’s going to be played by Emily Meade from Boardwalk. — Ryan
Right you are. The agent is scheduled to make her debut in the season finale, and executive producer Joel H. Wyman tells me her character will have a deeper meaning than a simple rookie agent. “We try and expand our storytelling week to week to a way that we are able to tell, I guess, deeper stories about our main characters. So many of the guest stars that come on are there to do one main thing and that’s to reflect back on our main characters and to learn more about them and sort of uncover more aspects of their personality and deepen them for the viewer. That character will definitely be there to do that,” Wyman tells EW. As for rumors that the new agent will be recurring, the EP says that’s more of a safety net. “We always protect ourselves by saying that because you never know. When we used Seth Gable, for instance, he turned out to be so great. And it’s just those little discoveries that you’re like ‘Wow, you never know.’ We always like to just know that we’re covered, should it go great.”


3x21 "The Last Sam Weiss" Official Press Release:
OLIVIA MUST TRUST SAM WEISS ON AN ALL-NEW “FRINGE” FRIDAY, APRIL 29, ON FOX

Olivia joins forces with the mysterious Sam Weiss in a desperate race against time in the all-new “The Last Sam Weiss” episode of FRINGE airing Friday, April 29 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FR-321) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham; Joshua Jackson as Peter Bishop; John Noble as Walter Bishop; Lance Reddick as Phillip Broyles; Blair Brown as Nina Sharp; Jasika Nicole as Astrid Farnsworth

Guest Cast: Kevin Corrigan as Sam Weiss

Source: Fox

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/04/fringe ... z1JJlNgM5g
Last edited by DarthLocke on Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:07 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female


Ads are removed for registered users






Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Season 3 Finale-Related-Spoilers!!!!!!!

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:16 am

really cool update! ^
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: Season 3 Finale-Related-Spoilers!!!!!!!

Postby b3rt4 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:30 pm

Why? Could also be a simple flashback for all we know.
Image
Image

TigerBlood
User avatar
b3rt4
VIP
 
Posts: 3690
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 10:46 am
Location: Germany
Gender: Male

Re: Season 3 Finale-Related-Spoilers!!!!!!!

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:11 pm

b3rt4 wrote:Why? Could also be a simple flashback for all we know.



Ella is not 18 yet....so it implies that some where she is already 18.

Even a flash forward is a look at a reality that also already exists (because M Theory - infinite realities exist and so at any point, in any one, can the reality be the same or different from any other by comparison, in any time, as then any time can be 'unique' as all possible futures and pasts branch off)

We are not even viewing the EXACT same blue universe we started with in season 1. The writers allowed us to follow the various alternate realities of Alester Peck in "White Tulip"---The reality we start with Peck is apart of the FRINGE cases...a few alterations later, he is no longer apart of the newly made realities' Fringe case...but he is able to give something to Walter that Walter luckily is still in need of---a white tulip. From the version we are left with, the white tulip appears mysterious because the actions of it's origin can not be seen (no memory) by no one other than Peck (but Peck is dead and so if he did not record his actions in the latest alteration, then 'history is lost')

Going back to "The Road Not Taken" this is also what Walter was getting at:

WALTER: Typical protracted deja vu. Prolonged. You're familiar with the -- the pliability of space-time, yes?
PETER: Of course. Who isn't?
WALTER: One minute will explain. (rolls out a chalkboard) Most of us experience life as a - a linear progression just like this. (draws a horizontal line) But this is an illusion because every day, life presents us with an array of choices. As a result, life should look more like this. (draws diagonal branches from the first line) And each choice... leads to a new path. To go to work. To stay home. And each choice we take creates a new reality. Do -- do you understand?



This makes easier sense when a person has two timelines to compare in which the times in which all characters live is at the same (date/age) Aka: red and blue universe--as we see it.

It get's more complicated and harder to explain when this isn't the case. When many variations of your past self exist, and there for many variations of your future self exist, at the same time as you currently exist.

Because time is relative to your memory of yourself and others with in it,

The Road Not Taken is also where we get the BIGGEST nod to J.J. Abrams Star Trek, which is the same premis I am trying to explain.

The original Star Track could be considered Time Line 1, which we will call "Prime". --However even in the original series there was a mirror universe--parallel in time, but the characters where different-alternate versions of themselves so we can say that there is Time Line 1-a and Time line 1-b, but then J.J. and Co. take Time line 1-a and let them fold back to star date 2304 (the day of Kirks birth) and then they create yet another timeline -Timeline 2-a. Older version of Spock and younger version of Spock co-exist and the new time is already different because new variables (people and knowledge from another time/reality) exist, where they didn't before like in time line 1-a.

J.J. Abrams Star Trek (Star Trek 11)

Alternate Kirk:You say he's from the future and knows what's gonna happen,
then the logical thing is to be unpredictable.
Alternate Spock: You're assuming that Nero knows how event's are predicted to unfold?
The contrary, Nero's very presence has altered the flow of history,
beginning with the attack on the USS Kelvin, culminating in the events of today,
thereby creating an entire new chain of incidents, that cannot be anticipated by either party.

Alternate Uhura: An alternate reality.





Some times and spaces (histories/events) would then be nearly the same in more than one time line/reality. ---And just because you branch off at some point, doesn't mean you can't branch back on...(times and places and events in many realities can be the same even if "how" we get there is different, or it can not be the same at all.)

September also tries to explain the various futures that are already occurring in "The Firefly" September already knew Peter was going to be a father, because some where he already is one, and somehow that reality relates to this one, but it doesn't mean the results are going to be the EXACT same.

OBSERVER: There are things that I know. But there are things that I do not. Various possible futures are happening simultaneously. I can tell you all of them, but I cannot tell you which one of them will come to pass. Because every action causes ripples, consequences both obvious and... unforeseen. For instance... after I pulled you and Peter from the icy lake, later that summer, Peter caught a firefly. I could not have known he would do that or that because he did a young girl three miles away would not. And so later that night, she would continue looking, trying to find another one. I could not have known that when she did not come home, her father would go out looking for her, driving in the rain, so that when the traffic light turned red, his truck skidded through the intersection at Harvard Yard, killing a pedestrian.
Last edited by DarthLocke on Wed May 11, 2011 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: Season 3 Finale-Related-Spoilers!!!!!!!

Postby b3rt4 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:37 pm

Oops, I was thinking Ella is Olivia's sister. Sorry.
Image
Image

TigerBlood
User avatar
b3rt4
VIP
 
Posts: 3690
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 10:46 am
Location: Germany
Gender: Male

Re: Season 3 Finale-Related-Spoilers!!!!!!!

Postby real1 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:10 pm

DarthLocke wrote:

Ella is not 18 yet....so it implies that some where she is already 18.


:hmm: ........ :hmm:

What "If" Ella will be exposed to something which will make her aged to 18 ? ... or .... the show will pass 11 years forward ? ..... do you think the observer will bring Ella from the future ? .. but that can't happen .. because they don't know the future but they can see multi predictions to what can happen and cannot tell which one will pass .

So for now .. i will think that something will happen to Ella ...

:cool:
User avatar
real1
Stunt Double
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:51 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Season 3 Finale-Related-Spoilers!!!!!!!

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:41 am

Even cooler update with 3x22....see above!

--- Merged Double Post --

real1 wrote:
DarthLocke wrote:

Ella is not 18 yet....so it implies that some where she is already 18.


:hmm: ........ :hmm:

What "If" Ella will be exposed to something which will make her aged to 18 ? ... or .... the show will pass 11 years forward ? ..... do you think the observer will bring Ella from the future ? .. but that can't happen .. because they don't know the future but they can see multi predictions to what can happen and cannot tell which one will pass .

So for now .. i will think that something will happen to Ella ...

:cool:


Actually they know of futures (because many futures already exist), they just don't know which futures will pertain to any given reality (such as blue reality).

Ella could even come from a future, but know matter what because our Ella is not 18, she has to be from a place that already exists as a type of future to the blue reality, even though her reality would exist 'ahead' of ours, making the red and blue past realities by comparison.

But you are right, it is possible she could just rapidly age....but given what we just found out about part 1 (3x22) showing a type of past, I would gamble they want to play with 'future' in the second half.
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: Season 3 Finale-Related-Spoilers!!!!!!!

Postby real1 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:27 pm

My point is the Observer doesn't know the future , they may test the one to see how she/he will react as how they did with Walter in "the firefly" and depend on it they predicate the choices but to know the future no .. i don't know for sure but that's the realistic thing , .......

I think they will blow our mind :lol:

:cool:
User avatar
real1
Stunt Double
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:51 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Season 3 Finale-Related-Spoilers!!!!!!!

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:56 pm

real1 wrote:My point is the Observer doesn't know the future , they may test the one to see how she/he will react as how they did with Walter in "the firefly" and depend on it they predicate the choices but to know the future no .. i don't know for sure but that's the realistic thing , .......

I think they will blow our mind :lol:

:cool:



I wrote the transcript above. Many futures are happening at the same time as the current two universes. September says he knows some things, but doesn't know others because he can't predict which future (or futures) will become the future of the two realities we are viewing. So that doesn't mean that no futures realities exist prior to these two, but that he can not predict the exact outcomes- (just as Spock says in J.J. Abrams Star Trek)
"It must be hard, being a father" --->Because in some already existing universe Peter is already a father.

Bobby Joyce already time traveled to "a" future in 1985. --It just happens to relate to ours, so we get to see the outcome of it. The future reality that Bobby went to could be repeating in several different realities, but the Observers have made a point with this to show us that what they do, like us, also has an effect and is apart of our realities. -

If you think of time lines or realities like DNA, and they can use their own material to create off spring (time travel), then those off spring most likely will have some traits from it's parent reality/realities thus 'repeats' in the universes and entanglements would follow, but the exact outcomes of that off spring may at times be hard to determine, especially if other offspring and life interfere and one can genetically alter the reality (If you can DREAM a better world, then you can MAKE a better world--->telekinesis/neotic science = cortixifan --->Olivia could "make" it sknow by thinking it.) If you can find a pattern, then sometimes you can gain probable odds.
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: Season 3 Finale-Related-Spoilers!!!!!!!

Postby DarthLocke on Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:18 pm

We have another casting call!
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: Season 3 Finale-Related-Spoilers!!!!!!!

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:38 pm

Update-Set Photo
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: Season 3 Finale-Related-Spoilers!!!!!!!

Postby DarthLocke on Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:13 pm

Casting call for 3x22! See the opening post!
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: Season 3 Finale-Related-Spoilers!!!!!!!

Postby supermodel on Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:55 pm

I'm not sure I'm on board with an 18 year-old Ella being from a third universe. TPTB have been very vague on that and have said they are very focused on the red and blue universes. It could be a flash forward, a dream sequence, it could even be a red herring. When shows cast their season finales, it is not uncommon to put out a false character name or description to throw people off the trail.

Can we expect to see other universes down the road? And is it possible that the season’s endgame involves pushing these two worlds together or creating a third, separate reality?
“Maybe in the future we will see a third world (or more),” wrote Pinkner and Wyman, “but our story-telling really involves THESE two worlds, based on the fact that Peter was stolen from Over There and brought Over Here.”


Hell, we've even seen fake script pages for some shows. Not trying to be a downer, just suggesting we not get too far ahead of ourselves diving storylines from casting calls.
Image
User avatar
supermodel
Show Expert
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Gender: Female

Re: Season 3 Finale-Related-Spoilers!!!!!!!

Postby DarthLocke on Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:50 pm

supermodel wrote:I'm not sure I'm on board with an 18 year-old Ella being from a third universe. TPTB have been very vague on that and have said they are very focused on the red and blue universes. It could be a flash forward, a dream sequence, it could even be a red herring. When shows cast their season finales, it is not uncommon to put out a false character name or description to throw people off the trail.

Can we expect to see other universes down the road? And is it possible that the season’s endgame involves pushing these two worlds together or creating a third, separate reality?
“Maybe in the future we will see a third world (or more),” wrote Pinkner and Wyman, “but our story-telling really involves THESE two worlds, based on the fact that Peter was stolen from Over There and brought Over Here.”


Hell, we've even seen fake script pages for some shows. Not trying to be a downer, just suggesting we not get too far ahead of ourselves diving storylines from casting calls.


True. but as I said even flash forward is a future universe, because in order to see it, or for viewers to experience it, it has to already exist somewhere, regardless to which universe or universes it may or may not pertians (see discussion abovefor further understanding--even as Walter explains it--every moment a new future branches and because of M theory many times may be happening at the same time--time periods do not have to be parallel by dates in different universes...so many 2059's exists right now, just as many 1532's exist right now, just as many right nows exist, right now. ).

It could just be a dream, but I am hoping for more because there are just too many time travel references to not go to other histories (futures or pasts) and explore them. If the red universe was once nother universe (different future) before the blue one was created an then had capacity to altered it, then you can see that all universes are realivent to each other and we are still dealing with the origins of these universes.

I think the red and blue universes have to remain constant, but I also think other universes are having an effect and play a role here.


Names of the Last eps now listed above!

--- Merged Double Post --

FBI Agent Cast! (And oh how I loved her on BWE)!! See Above!
Image
Image

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
User avatar
DarthLocke
Show Expert
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: The Swan of Island's Past.
Gender: Female

Re: Season 3 Finale-Related-Spoilers!!!!!!!

Postby supermodel on Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:55 pm

IMHO the least desireable scenario is a dream. How lame.
Image
User avatar
supermodel
Show Expert
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Gender: Female

Next

Return to Fringe Spoilers


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron