"I Like My Men Tall, Blond and Lethal" (Eric - A. Skarsgård)

General discussion for 'True Blood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

"I Like My Men Tall, Blond and Lethal" (Eric - A. Skarsgård)

Postby PandaVamp on Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:39 pm

I'm just a recently turned fan but I'm already in love with the series and the characters. Talking about the vampires: I love Bill Compton but Eric Northman absolutely caught me off-guard, probably because he's one hell of a mystery. I just thought it would be nice to create an appreciation thread for him. :D

ERIC NORTHMAN AS PLAYED IN THE TV SERIES

Hometown: His native country is no longer on the maps. He is a man of the world, his people were nomadic.
Resides in: Shreveport, LA.
Species: Vampire.
Supernatural charm(s): He loves a good fight, Mysterious, Powerful, Incredibly Sexy, Magnetic, Can fly, Very Strong, Incredible Kisser & Lover. He knows human nature so well as he has observed through his many years. He uses the Human's weaknesses to get what he wants. He wants to rule. He sees everything as black of white and he is slow to give his loyalty, but once given, he will stand up to his obligations.
Personality type: He is a strategist, always looking at those who would interfere in his own plans. He forgets nothing. He has seen all of life, and he has chosen to stay true to his own rules. His race learned how to survive by playing off the weaknesses of others. Commanding, Aloof, Powerful.
Signature look: Jeans & t-shirts, but can also be seen in glasses & a suit (when he's in disguise). He prefers no clothing, after all he wore furs in his other life.
Endearing trait(s): Some sense of humor (rare in vampires), Protective, Persistent. Loyalty is something he holds fast -those who pledge their alliance, are held to his code. Loves a good fight. and enjoys the spoils. He loves life.
Strength(s): Incredibly strong, Master of Business Strategy and Sense, Manipulation of puny humans, and reads the true nature of a mortal or the supes. He is superior, it is part of what makes him such a driving force. His personality is all encompassing of live.
Vulnerabilities: His own love of being in control, if he controlled himself better he would make a great king. Cute Blonde Telepathic Waitresses.

Taken from: http://truebloodwiki.hbo.com/page/Eric+Northman (SPOILER WARNING: I haven't read the books but for the comments I've read, seems that so far the series don't follow them. Still, if you don't want to read about some things that could happen, don't go there).

He's played by Alexander Skarsgård, a Swedish, 32 years old actor. Here's his imdb profile: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002907/

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: I Like My Men Tall, Blond and Lethal...

Postby PandaVamp on Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:19 pm

Am I the only Eric Northman fan in here? :(
Well, I guess like Bill would say: 'Eric is miiiine' then. :lol: :P

You all have probably watched this interview to Alexander Skarsgård, but here it is, anyway. Enjoy! ;)

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Bella on Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:39 pm

Me, me, me -- I'm an Eric fan! Awesome intro page, Ana! :thumbsup:

I haven't read the books yet, but I had a feeling that Eric's role on the show was going to be developed -- and it looks like season two is shaping up to have A LOT of Eric. YAY!

I think as the season unfolds, more Eric fans will be made...

Twitter / YouTube Channel

:) STV Podcast co-host :)
Bella
Senior Moderator

Postby PandaVamp on Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:27 pm

YAY! :w00t:
Another Eric fan! :thumbsup:

I haven't read the books either, but truly hope we get to see more and more about him. He's just too interesting, and cool (and has a killer smirk) :wub: By now, him, Lafayette and Pam are my favourite characters.

Here's another Alexander Skarsgard interview from February this year. No real spoilers in there, he just talks about his perception of the character, working with the rest of the actors and some of his scenes, also that he's been reading the books and how he sees them (but doesn't truly talk about them for sure). http://true-blood.net/?p=1032

You can either read it or listen to the audio file. :D

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Ciubia on Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:49 pm

Do I even have to tell you that I'm a Eric fan? You know me sis! :lol: As a recently turned fan, I can say he is my favourite, actually I enjoy all the characters but Eric and Lafayette are the best :thumbup:
ImageImage
Ciubia
Emmy Nominee

Postby Finli Otego on Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:26 am

:lol: :rofl:
So all the ladies just loooove Eric.
Except my GF. She's all about Bill.

Valar Morghulis

*Thanks to Jamielost and Miss Ford for the sig!
Finli Otego
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciubia on Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:28 am

Don't get me wrong, Bill is ok too!! But Eric is just dreamy... :lol: :P
ImageImage
Ciubia
Emmy Nominee

Postby dutchie on Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:46 pm

Eric is sexy, smokin hot, but he is an arse....like many characters on this show :hmm:
Anyway, Eric is funny.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby PandaVamp on Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:36 pm

Ciubia wrote:Do I even have to tell you that I'm a Eric fan? You know me sis! :lol: As a recently turned fan, I can say he is my favourite, actually I enjoy all the characters but Eric and Lafayette are the best :thumbup:

Ha! I knew you would love him. :thumbsup: Eric and Lafayette are like the salt and pepper of the show. :D

Finli Otego wrote::lol: :rofl:

Oh, Bill is wonderful as well. :wub: I really like both but Eric and his who knows how many years, I've seen it all attitude is way too attractive. :P

dutchie wrote:Eric is sexy, smokin hot, but he is an arse....like many characters on this show :hmm:
Anyway, Eric is funny.

Yes, Eric is definitely a funny, sexy and intriguing arse, I can't deny that. :P Oh my, I'm following a patter here. Blond, tall, arse... :lol:

You know what I love of Eric? The way he dresses... I never imagined a vampire to dress like that, I mean, flip-flops, for example. It's so cool! :thumbsup:

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Bella on Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:30 am

Finli Otego wrote::lol: :rofl:

I love Bill! In fact, during season one, I preferred him over the relatively little we saw of Eric. This season, however, has changed me into huuuge Eric fan. He's just so naughty!

:wub:

Still love Bill, but "I wanna do bad things with" Eric. :whistle:

I don't usually go for blond men, but we all have our exceptions. ;)

Twitter / YouTube Channel

:) STV Podcast co-host :)
Bella
Senior Moderator

Postby ObscureAllure on Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:27 pm

I'm definitely an Eric fan, (more so the TV Eric than the Book Eric - in the book he gets away with too much, but that's Sookie's fault not his =P )

Honestly, I'm a little upset they chopped off all his hair. I have a thing for guys with long hair (who pull it off that is) and he just looked so much more Nordic Viking with the long hair. The short highlighted hair takes away from that for me. :(
GO SAINTS!
Mafia Timer
OA is actually French for townie. Did you know that? Learn something new every day. 
ObscureAllure
Supporting Actor

Postby PandaVamp on Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:47 pm

ObscureAllure wrote:I'm definitely an Eric fan, (more so the TV Eric than the Book Eric - in the book he gets away with too much, but that's Sookie's fault not his =P )

I don't think I'll read the books yet. :P Don't want to know exactly what could happen and also because I'm really loving the way the series are being portrayed. I know the books are the real, original stuff, but I fell in love with the series. Still, I'll probably start reading at some point. :thumbup:

ObscureAllure wrote:Honestly, I'm a little upset they chopped off all his hair. I have a thing for guys with long hair (who pull it off that is) and he just looked so much more Nordic Viking with the long hair. The short highlighted hair takes away from that for me. :(

I know! He looked amazing with his long hair... :( Still, despite his age, Eric seems to be a fairly modern vampire. :lol: I'm sure he just wanted to look more fashionable. :D I laughed so much when he went down to the basement wearing those foils in his hair... :rofl: until he practically ate that guy. :unsure:

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby ObscureAllure on Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:10 pm

IMO, the TV series is 100000000000000000000000000000000xs better. Seriously. Charline Harris got a case of the '****'. She pulled an LKH and Anne Rice move, big time. I hear the last book was good, but I had to stop reading sometime in the 3 or 4th book because I just started getting so **** at her innate ability to come up with stupid stuff just to fill pages.

I'd wait until after the series is finished before I read the book series, if you can stand to. I'm not finishing the book series until then.
GO SAINTS!
Mafia Timer
OA is actually French for townie. Did you know that? Learn something new every day. 
ObscureAllure
Supporting Actor

Postby dutchie on Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:59 pm

I hate Eric's style of clothes, I dont like men who wear tracksuit items.
Im glad they lost the wig, it was a bad wig.
I read about the books and Im not interested in reading any of it.

I have to admit my favourite vampire at this moment is not one of the True Blood vamps, its Mitchell from Being Human(a UK show). He is so yummy.

You know whats funny with the True Blood vamps, I dont find the actors that play Bill and Eric that atractive, but when they are in this show they kinda make me lust after them. Weird isnt it. Maybe I have a thing for guys with fangs :D

Viggo Mortensen has the same effect on me in Lord of the Rings. I find him ugly, but in Lord of the Rings...he is so...manly.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby ObscureAllure on Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:25 pm

dutchie wrote:I hate Eric's style of clothes, I dont like men who wear tracksuit items.
Im glad they lost the wig, it was a bad wig.
I read about the books and Im not interested in reading any of it.

I have to admit my favourite vampire at this moment is not one of the True Blood vamps, its Mitchell from Being Human(a UK show). He is so yummy.

You know whats funny with the True Blood vamps, I dont find the actors that play Bill and Eric that atractive, but when they are in this show they kinda make me lust after them. Weird isnt it. Maybe I have a thing for guys with fangs :D

Viggo Mortensen has the same effect on me in Lord of the Rings. I find him ugly, but in Lord of the Rings...he is so...manly.

I think Viggo (outside of LotR) is gross, but in LotR he's HOTT!

But with Trueblood I actually thought that Stephan Moyer (Bill) was hot on the last show I saw him on. He was the homeless guy that Debra Messing falls in love with.
GO SAINTS!
Mafia Timer
ObscureAllure
Supporting Actor

Next

Return to True Blood [No spoilers!]