"I Like My Men Tall, Blond and Lethal" (Eric - A. Skarsgård)

General discussion for 'True Blood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: "I Like My Men Tall, Blond and Lethal" (Eric - A. Skarsg

Postby Miss Ford on Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:49 pm

PandaVamp wrote: All I can say is: I have a new wallpaper. They all look amazing, but my eyes fixate on Alexander Skarsgård a lot. :lol:

thats why in the end I decided to post the cover in his thread!!! He looks AMAZING! (*faints*)
ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby PandaVamp on Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:00 pm

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby LOSTMeggy on Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:42 pm

Happy Birthday Alex!!!!!!!!!
"I've missed you so much..."
LOSTMeggy
Stunt Double

Postby Miss Ford on Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:47 pm

wooooooooooooow
same as mine..... :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: I guess its meant to be then :PP :whistle:
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby beresford on Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:28 am

That cover that was posted a few posts back is just AWESOME!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience

Heiots wrote:beresford is Juliet King! Just can't argue that fact.
beresford
Emmy Nominee

Postby Rebel on Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:38 pm

I suppose I'm a few days late, but happy B-Day Alex and Miss Ford! :)

True Blood's enchanting princess...
Rebel
Guest Star

Postby Miss Ford on Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:46 pm

Rebel wrote:I suppose I'm a few days late, but happy B-Day Alex and Miss Ford! :)

thank you! I had a great one! :)
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby beresford on Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:11 am

Anna Paqquin and Stephen Moyer on the Red Carpet talking about the making of this poster was just hillarious :PP
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience

Heiots wrote:beresford is Juliet King! Just can't argue that fact.
beresford
Emmy Nominee

Postby Miss Ford on Sun May 29, 2011 4:25 am

GQ Interview with Alexander Skarsgård

Brett Martin, a reporter from GQ, was able to go whale watching with Alexander Skarsgård to talk about his life, family, and True Blood. They began off the coast of Long Beach, where the reporter was told to wear warm clothes which he later regretted since it was a blazing 85 degree California day. Brett points out that Alexander is wearing a V-neck shirt and light sweater, looking as tall as ever.

Why We Love Him:
While the popularity of Alexander Skarsgård among True Blood fans is vast, the actor is known mainly by HBO viewers. The viewers first fell in love with him during Generation Kill, and of course now love him for his character the mighty Eric Northman. For those who don’t know Eric Northman or are new to the show, Eric is a very old vampire who is the sheriff of the area where vampire Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer) and human Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Pacquin) reside. While in the beginning, the show was centered more on Sookie and Bill, Eric has fought his way into the limelight and Sookie’s heart more and more each season.

Since True Blood will be premiering in less than a month, fans of “Team Eric” can enjoy Alexander all through the year and into the next season of True Blood. Melancholia premiered at this year’s Cannes Film Festival, and in September, Straw Dogs comes out. Also, in 2012, he is slated to play a character in the board game action movie Battleship. What a busy and exciting year for him and for fans!

Home Life:
The interviewer remarks how at ease Alexander is near the water. Since Alex grew up in Sweden and frequently vacationed close to the water, it is something he misses immensely and feels at peace being around. While he spends most of his free time back home, he does seem to like America.

“You walk into the coffee shop, and the girl asks how your day is. When I first moved here, I loved that. I know it’s shallow and superficial and she doesn’t give a f*** about my day, but I still like it.”

Growing up in a very popular family, with a recognizable face for a father has to be hard for any child. It is known that Alex acted when he was a teenager, but was turned off by the intrusions of his privacy from the female fans — something that he has since overcome. It is very obvious that there is much respect between the father and son Skarsgård. Alex clearly says that he doesn’t want to compete with his father, but wants to be a part of his life, which for the most part growing up, meant acting. The Skarsgård children number six sons and one daughter. About his sons, father Stellan jokes,

“Of course I’m threatened, they’re younger, they’re better-looking, and they’re all trying to kill me.”

Even though Alex and his interviewer didn’t get to see any whales, a lot of catching up was done, and it’s a thoroughly good interview. Can’t wait to see him play my favorite character on June 26th, only on HBO.

The complete interview
source

He looks ...... :w00t: :wub: :w00t: :wub: :w00t: :wub:
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:17 pm

Alexander Skarsgård made his US talk show debut today on Live! With Regis & Kelly. He is currently in New York to shoot his new movie, What Maisie Knew starring Julianne Moore. Source

I loved it when they asked him about if he is okay being nude in the scenes! lol!! nice interview! :)
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Sawyer5665 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:13 pm

I happened to be flipping through the channels earlier and noticed he was on Regis! I loved the interview! I liked when they asked him if he was at all skiddish about the nudity. He said, "I am from Sweden." :lol:

I think he's going to be a big star here in the states! Especially after his character's turn this season on TB. People are seeing that he can play the romantic role as well as the viking bad ass.
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:18 pm

yes, I was looking some of my old art work and I was thinking how both Eric are completly different characters! and how he is doing an amazing job with that! and I hope the industry notices that too... the movie he is doing is with Julianne Moore... lets hope it gets good reviews and publicity
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Sawyer5665 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:21 pm

And he's got to be getting his memories back a some point....I wonder how he will play the character then, if he has both sets of memories?
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:31 pm

i have no idea... most because i dont know what Allan Ball is gonna do since he changes a lot things from the books... im in the dark!! Now that Ive seen how he plays Anmesia Eric thats what Im more anxious in the world to know! is he gonna pretent? is he gonna be better vampire or none?!?!?! oh god! :-S
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby PandaVamp on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:50 pm

Hahahahaha, loved the interview, thanks for posting Miss Ford. :thumbsup:

Sawyer5665 wrote:I think he's going to be a big star here in the states! Especially after his character's turn this season on TB. People are seeing that he can play the romantic role as well as the viking bad ass.

I hope he will, in the US and beyond, hehe. He has a few films coming out this and next year: the Straw Dogs remake (and have read his acting rocks in it), Battleship and What Maisie Knew. Plus, Melancholia has had good reviews, but haven't watched it, so I don't know.

But if you want to see him in another completely different facet, check out HBO's mini-series Generation Kill. Superb, superb series. :thumbup:

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=12842&p=299423&hilit=generation+kill#p299423

Sawyer5665 wrote:And he's got to be getting his memories back a some point....I wonder how he will play the character then, if he has both sets of memories?

I tend to believe he will remember, even if he won't like it (well, at least some of it he will, for sure... hehe ;) ). The thing is, I think this amnesia Eric is a real side of him that eventually became buried after 1000 years of being a vampire and dealing with all the tough stuff it involves. To survive and become powerful, he had to roughen up, but if we remember his human family flashback, he was pretty carefree and loving. That's why I say he probably won't like it, because he's been vulnerable and innocent and for sure a vampire like Eric doesn't want any of that (even if he couldn't have done anything, in his mind he probably thinks he couldn't protect his family properly because of his attitude). The thing is, I believe he will have to evaluate what he has achieved by being nicer, well, that if he wants to stay around Sookeh. :P

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to True Blood [No spoilers!]