"I Like My Men Tall, Blond and Lethal" (Eric - A. Skarsgård)

General discussion for 'True Blood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: "I Like My Men Tall, Blond and Lethal" (Eric - A. Skarsg

Postby Miss Ford on Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:44 am

PandaVamp wrote:
Sawyer5665 wrote:And he's got to be getting his memories back a some point....I wonder how he will play the character then, if he has both sets of memories?

I tend to believe he will remember, even if he won't like it (well, at least some of it he will, for sure... hehe ;) ). The thing is, I think this amnesia Eric is a real side of him that eventually became buried after 1000 years of being a vampire and dealing with all the tough stuff it involves. To survive and become powerful, he had to roughen up, but if we remember his human family flashback, he was pretty carefree and loving. That's why I say he probably won't like it, because he's been vulnerable and innocent and for sure a vampire like Eric doesn't want any of that (even if he couldn't have done anything, in his mind he probably thinks he couldn't protect his family properly because of his attitude). The thing is, I believe he will have to evaluate what he has achieved by being nicer, well, that if he wants to stay around Sookeh. :P

Im glad someone brought this up coz I've been thinking a lot with myself about that :lol:
Here's what I think its gonna happen and has something to do with you think PV.
By the end of the season, maybe the season finale, Eric is gonna have his memory back. Everything that he went throught with sookie is gonna past in his mind. Hes gonna freak out! First because of what you said... being vulnerable and innocent is not something Eric is gonna be proud of, then he's gonna realize how much he loves her and he will not trust himself with her, scared of hurting her... or whatever reason he is going to lie her.... saying he doesnt rememebr anything... so next season they will deal with it, he will hide that from her, but she will slowly noticing that he remembers... or.............. maybe not !! lol :)
ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby PandaVamp on Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:59 pm

Miss Ford wrote:
PandaVamp wrote:
Sawyer5665 wrote:And he's got to be getting his memories back a some point....I wonder how he will play the character then, if he has both sets of memories?

I tend to believe he will remember, even if he won't like it (well, at least some of it he will, for sure... hehe ;) ). The thing is, I think this amnesia Eric is a real side of him that eventually became buried after 1000 years of being a vampire and dealing with all the tough stuff it involves. To survive and become powerful, he had to roughen up, but if we remember his human family flashback, he was pretty carefree and loving. That's why I say he probably won't like it, because he's been vulnerable and innocent and for sure a vampire like Eric doesn't want any of that (even if he couldn't have done anything, in his mind he probably thinks he couldn't protect his family properly because of his attitude). The thing is, I believe he will have to evaluate what he has achieved by being nicer, well, that if he wants to stay around Sookeh. :P

Im glad someone brought this up coz I've been thinking a lot with myself about that :lol:
Here's what I think its gonna happen and has something to do with you think PV.
By the end of the season, maybe the season finale, Eric is gonna have his memory back. Everything that he went throught with sookie is gonna past in his mind. Hes gonna freak out! First because of what you said... being vulnerable and innocent is not something Eric is gonna be proud of, then he's gonna realize how much he loves her and he will not trust himself with her, scared of hurting her... or whatever reason he is going to lie her.... saying he doesnt rememebr anything... so next season they will deal with it, he will hide that from her, but she will slowly noticing that he remembers... or.............. maybe not !! lol :)

I like the way you think. :thumbsup:

That's why I truly want him to remember, you know, because it will bring internal and external conflict. Like I said before, I am enjoying this side of Eric coming out, but can't wait to see how he's going to deal with it... how he's going to deal with Sookeh when he gets his memories back, how will she feel about that... awwww, can't wait. :lol: :wub:

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Miss Ford on Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:27 pm

I know :lol: Now that I saw them together I want to have the next step and see already whats gonna happen!!!!! Its like: I know they love each other and blablabla now bring back old bad Eric and start the drama! :PP :rofl:
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby PandaVamp on Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:41 pm

Miss Ford wrote:I know :lol: Now that I saw them together I want to have the next step and see already whats gonna happen!!!!! Its like: I know they love each other and blablabla now bring back old bad Eric and start the drama! :PP :rofl:

Exactly... :D
I hope Mr. Ball sees it the same way. :thumbsup: As much as I know maybe they won't last forever or have the "happy ending", I don't care, I still love me some Eric and Sookeh together... they make me smile the whole time. :D

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Miss Ford on Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:46 pm

We know things are never gonna be the same btw them. And that makes me wishful coz this can be ignored. It's such a beautiful story how he can overcome years of darkness because of her :wub:
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:39 pm

New HBO interview with Alexander Skarsgard!!

Alexander Skarsgard Explores Eric’s Sensitive Side – and His Latest Romp With Sookie

HBO: Fans have been dying for Eric and Sookie to hook up – what kinds of reactions have you been hearing now that it’s finally happened?
I know that people have been talking about it – but I try to stay away from the blogs and fan sites. I’m a little scared … I do meet fans in person, though, and the feedback has been great this year. It seems that people are enjoying Eric’s arc, which is great because I had a blast shooting it. I love playing “Amnesia Eric.” It’s just such a different side of him, and it’s always fun as actor to dig deeper. You learn a lot, and I definitely have this year.

HBO:Is it difficult to play a person-within-a-person?
I wanted to make sure that it was a side of Eric – not a new character. The side of him that was hidden. He’s very innocent and naïve now, but I also thought it was very important not to lose the old Eric – the predator – and the element of danger there. You’ve got to feel that to make it interesting, I think, and it’s something I focused on. You definitely see how he can get very violent, especially in those moments where he’s protective of Sookie.

HBO:In this week’s episode, "Cold Grey Light of Dawn," there’s a drawn-out, multi-location love scene between Sookie and Eric. Was that the most involved one you’ve shot so far?
It's up there. T´ve done some stuff in other movies as well that's pretty graphic... But these were definitely some pretty intense scenes. We were kind of all over the place. But my favorite scene is yet to come ...

HBO:Alcide gets a deflating dose od Sookie and Eric's intimacy in thi episode. Do you think the werewolf has nay chance at a future with Sookie?
No. I don't think she's interested in dogs.

HBO:This season, it seems that fans are even more attracted to innocent, sweet Eric than they are to dark, mysterious Eric. Any idea why that is?
I think it's a point of a contrast- that they're seeing something open and vunerable, someone who's willing to connect on a deeper level. Old Eric was very guarded and wouldn't let himself do that, so I think his sensitivity has been interting. He lets people in for the first time in a very long time, and that's definitely something new. I'm just really greateful that people respond to him and his relationship with Sookie. It's great to play this other side of him that1s been hidden for almost a thousand years.

source: HBO

shes not interested in dogs :lol: :rofl:
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby PandaVamp on Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:54 pm

Wow, girl... you're fast. I was coming to post this interview. :thumbsup:

I love how he says: I wanted to make sure that it was a side of Eric – not a new character. The side of him that was hidden. I think he has achieved it and hope the fact it is a side of him that can hold for what will come after he gets his memory back. I know I have repeated this a few times, but I really hope it is that way. :P

I also love the No. I don't think she's interested in dogs. line. :rofl:

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Miss Ford on Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:58 pm

PandaVamp wrote:Wow, girl... you're fast. I was coming to post this interview. :thumbsup:

:P :lol: I was looking for some reviews and HBO tweeted that lol

I love how he says: I wanted to make sure that it was a side of Eric – not a new character. I think he has achieved it and hope the fact it is a side of him can hold for what will come after he gets his memory back. I know I have repeated this a few times, but I really hope it is that way. :P

thats also important, IMO, because people could think Sookie is falling in love for a different vampire! but its not! this IS Eric!! its just a part of him that he doesn't show, as AS said!

I also loveeeeed when he said he favorite scene is yet to come ;) yay :wub:
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby PandaVamp on Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:00 pm

Miss Ford wrote:I also loveeeeed when he said he favorite scene is yet to come ;) yay :wub:

Oh yes, that is fantastic. :w00t:
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Do you think it will be the so called, so awaited shower scene or something else?

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Miss Ford on Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:04 pm

PandaVamp wrote:
Miss Ford wrote:I also loveeeeed when he said he favorite scene is yet to come ;) yay :wub:

Do you think it will be the so called, so awaited shower scene or something else?

the safest choice is the shower scene, but just to dream a little bit more he could mean something related to Eric getting his memory back and some love scene with the real Eric! I would... DIE :lol: but I dont think its going to happen... so yeah, probably the shower scene...
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby PandaVamp on Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:11 pm

Miss Ford wrote:
PandaVamp wrote:

the safest choice is the shower scene, but just to dream a little bit more he could mean something related to Eric getting his memory back and some love scene with the real Eric! I would... DIE :lol: but I dont think its going to happen... so yeah, probably the shower scene...

Yeah, me neither... but I love the way you think. :thumbsup: Trust me, I'd die too for a love scene with the "whole" Eric. I can't wait for that to come. :P :wub: But who knows, maybe his favourite is not a sex related scene, but more romantic or heroic. Hahaha, guess we can only wait. Oh, the anticipation! :D

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Miss Ford on Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:17 pm

I know but I can not complain, this season is been amazing for the fan of the couple!! I just think he meant I sex scene because they were talking about that in the question ;)
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby PandaVamp on Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:49 pm

Miss Ford wrote:
I know but I can not complain, this season is been amazing for the fan of the couple!! I just think he meant I sex scene because they were talking about that in the question ;)

True. :P
There's been so much anticipation and talking about this shower scene, I don't want to get too excited, you know, just in case. :lol:

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Miss Ford on Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:15 pm

PandaVamp wrote:
There's been so much anticipation and talking about this shower scene, I don't want to get too excited, you know, just in case. :lol:

I know ... the episode is written by Allan Ball so it can get really strange lol... I dont think its just another sex scene but who knows!! one more week!! :w00t:

and...just something I wanted to share with you, since you care about Sookie and Eric story like me (YAY) ....I was looking some old spoilers... set pictures from the last episodes... ( http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/06/true-b ... .html) and Eric is dress like the old Eric (at least the hair is the Real Eric's hair lol)!! so he's probably getting his memory back this season, since this was pictures from June 13th filming... and we see Jessica also dressed up and they say there were bodies on the ground... maybe season finale.... So we wont have to wait till next season to know if hes gonna remember.... :thumbup:
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby PandaVamp on Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:49 pm

Miss Ford wrote:
PandaVamp wrote:

I know ... the episode is written by Allan Ball so it can get really strange lol... I dont think its just another sex scene but who knows!! one more week!! :w00t:

and...just something I wanted to share with you, since you care about Sookie and Eric story like me (YAY) ....I was looking some old spoilers... set pictures from the last episodes... ( http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/06/true-b ... .html) and Eric is dress like the old Eric (at least the hair is the Real Eric's hair lol)!! so he's probably getting his memory back this season, since this was pictures from June 13th filming... and we see Jessica also dressed up and they say there were bodies on the ground... maybe season finale.... So we wont have to wait till next season to know if hes gonna remember.... :thumbup:

The link doesn't work but... :(

one of the things I love about True Blood the most is that, usually, Alan Ball doesn't waste time dragging the story-lines. If this season ended up with amnesia Eric, it would be quite frustrating, imo. I'm glad things point out positively towards the opposite direction. :D

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to True Blood [No spoilers!]