"I Like My Men Tall, Blond and Lethal" (Eric - A. Skarsgård)

General discussion for 'True Blood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: "I Like My Men Tall, Blond and Lethal" (Eric - A. Skarsg

Postby Miss Ford on Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:40 pm

PandaVamp wrote:
Miss Ford wrote:
PandaVamp wrote:
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
There's been so much anticipation and talking about this shower scene, I don't want to get too excited, you know, just in case. :lol:

I know ... the episode is written by Allan Ball so it can get really strange lol... I dont think its just another sex scene but who knows!! one more week!! :w00t:

and...just something I wanted to share with you, since you care about Sookie and Eric story like me (YAY) ....I was looking some old spoilers... set pictures from the last episodes... ( http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/06/true-b ... .html) and Eric is dress like the old Eric (at least the hair is the Real Eric's hair lol)!! so he's probably getting his memory back this season, since this was pictures from June 13th filming... and we see Jessica also dressed up and they say there were bodies on the ground... maybe season finale.... So we wont have to wait till next season to know if hes gonna remember.... :thumbup:

The link doesn't work but... :(

one of the things I love about True Blood the most is that, usually, Alan Ball doesn't waste time dragging the story-lines. If this season ended up with amnesia Eric, it would be quite frustrating, imo. I'm glad things point out positively towards the opposite direction. :D

oh no :( try now here

looking to this set picture Im almost sure he's with his memor back :thumbup:
ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby PandaVamp on Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:41 pm

Miss Ford wrote:oh no :( try now here

looking to this set picture Im almost sure he's with his memor back :thumbup:

YAY! Yes! That is the old Eric... the hair, the clothing... it is all him and I couldn't be happier! :thumbsup:

THANKS!!!

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Miss Ford on Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:35 pm

Alexander Skarsgard spoke to HBO about the snow scene in last episode
(....) Eric and Sookie spend just enough time clothed to volunteer to fight with King Bill and have Eric placed under Antonia's spell and Sookie shot. But before that happens, they take a shower and a V-trip together, in which they find themselves in a wintry landscape with strategically placed fur blankets. HBO.com spoke with Alexander Skarsgård recently, and here's what he had to say about the scene:

I loved it. It was so beautiful, they tried to recreate a winter landscape up in northern Sweden, and they did an amazing job. It was really special. It was a lot of fun shooting – and quite complicated with wind machines going and fake snow everywhere. It was very technical and kinda tough, but it really was very special. They spent weeks building it, and we spent a day or two shooting it. I’m excited to see it because being there on the day it looked so good. I hope fans like it.”

The shower scene is a reference to one of the most talked-about moments in the books; how did it compare? If you haven't read Dead to the World you can listen to the audio version and judge for yourself, though you may want to plug in a pair of headphones first.

Source

Shower scene.... If you want to listen :)
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby PandaVamp on Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:47 pm

Miss Ford wrote:Alexander Skarsgard spoke to HBO about the snow scene in last episode
(....) Eric and Sookie spend just enough time clothed to volunteer to fight with King Bill and have Eric placed under Antonia's spell and Sookie shot. But before that happens, they take a shower and a V-trip together, in which they find themselves in a wintry landscape with strategically placed fur blankets. HBO.com spoke with Alexander Skarsgård recently, and here's what he had to say about the scene:

I loved it. It was so beautiful, they tried to recreate a winter landscape up in northern Sweden, and they did an amazing job. It was really special. It was a lot of fun shooting – and quite complicated with wind machines going and fake snow everywhere. It was very technical and kinda tough, but it really was very special. They spent weeks building it, and we spent a day or two shooting it. I’m excited to see it because being there on the day it looked so good. I hope fans like it.”

Awww, reading this makes me feel bad because they put so much work into it and there I was thinking it was a little bit too much. :(

Now, don't get me wrong, I didn't hate it, I actually liked it because of the essential reason I explained on the episode discussion thread, I mean, that this scene was more than anything a good way to explore the power of their blood bond and the lengths they can go together because of it, how special and different it is... well, at least the way I see it. Only because of that, I loved the scene and thought it was perfect. Not particularly sexy, but very interesting and with much more depth than an ordinary love scene.

I think we are very lucky because Alan Ball has given this pair really special moments, he has made of Sookie and Eric's relationship something more profound and complex than the ordinary love story, and he has cooked it slowly, which makes it even better, imo. Oh well, if only they chose another music set with no fairy chanting, I'd probably be much happier. :P

The shower scene is a reference to one of the most talked-about moments in the books; how did it compare? If you haven't read Dead to the World you can listen to the audio version and judge for yourself, though you may want to plug in a pair of headphones first.

Source

Okay... listened to it. Holy Molly, with all the respect, I felt like listening to the chapter of an erotic romance book, you know, one of those with Fabio on the cover. :lol:

I don't know, I might be the only one, but after listening to this, I like Alan Ball's interpretation so much more because, in my humble opinion, it is way more meaningful. I mean, yeah, it would have been hot to see the actors act the book stuff out and all, but, in all honesty, listening to this helped me see things more clearly in favour of the TV series. Thank you, Miss Ford! :D

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Miss Ford on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:37 pm

PandaVamp wrote:
Miss Ford wrote:Alexander Skarsgard spoke to HBO about the snow scene in last episode

Awww, reading this makes me feel bad because they put so much work into it and there I was thinking it was a little bit too much. :(

OMG! that was my same reaction!! LOL I felt so bad :cry: I was talking by myself reading this, well I guess it wasnt that corny LOL!!

PandaVamp wrote:Now, don't get me wrong, I didn't hate it, I actually liked it because of the essential reason I explained on the episode discussion thread, I mean, that this scene was more than anything a good way to explore the power of their blood bond and the lengths they can go together because of it, how special and different it is... well, at least the way I see it. Only because of that, I loved the scene and thought it was perfect. Not particularly sexy, but very interesting and with much more depth than an ordinary love scene.

I think we are very lucky because Alan Ball has given this pair really special moments, he has made of Sookie and Eric's relationship something more profound and complex than the ordinary love story, and he has cooked it slowly, which makes it even better, imo. Oh well, if only they chose another music set with no fairy chanting, I'd probably be much happier. :P

II'm with you, Watching it the first time I was having mixed feelings! I was not confortable!! but then, thinking about what that will represent in the future for them I'm very happy!! that connection will not be forgotten! or ignored!
I'm sure, more than EVER that Eric&Sookie are not going to be buried after Eric regains his memory.... after that episode I had my doubts coz I always believed they were building this show over Bill&Sookie love story and period! Now, I'm not sure!! Really, I have hope now... IMO things look much much better for Eric than for Bill even without knowing what is going to happen with Eric's memory, because, as I said, I'm sure their bond and their love will and cannot be ignored!

PandaVamp wrote:

Source

Okay... listened to it. Holy Molly, with all the respect, I felt like listening to the chapter of an erotic romance book, you know, one of those with Fabio on the cover. :lol:

I don't know, I might be the only one, but after listening to this, I like Alan Ball's interpretation so much more because, in my humble opinion, it is way more meaningful. I mean, yeah, it would have been hot to see the actors act the book stuff out and all, but, in all honesty, listening to this helped me see things more clearly in favour of the TV series. Thank you, Miss Ford! :D

In the book context, it did make a lot of sense, because it was their first time and she was letting him in... but doing something like that, in this time of the story in the show, would be completly unnecessary... but they couldnt let the "shower scene" out of the show... so it was a good way out to include that making sense and giving meaning to the whole thing not just showing them making love in a another part of the house! oh and you're welcome! :)
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby PandaVamp on Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:22 am

Miss Ford wrote:OMG! that was my same reaction!! LOL I felt so bad :cry: I was talking by myself reading this, well I guess it wasnt that corny LOL!!

Yep, pretty much. :lol: Next time I'll try to always remember all the work that's behind the series before I write my thoughts about it.

Miss Ford wrote:II'm with you, Watching it the first time I was having mixed feelings! I was not confortable!! but then, thinking about what that will represent in the future for them I'm very happy!! that connection will not be forgotten! or ignored!
I'm sure, more than EVER that Eric&Sookie are not going to be buried after Eric regains his memory.... after that episode I had my doubts coz I always believed they were building this show over Bill&Sookie love story and period! Now, I'm not sure!! Really, I have hope now... IMO things look much much better for Eric than for Bill even without knowing what is going to happen with Eric's memory, because, as I said, I'm sure their bond and their love will and cannot be ignored!

Yep, me too! If anything, this scene was really helpful to give hope to Eric and Sookie. Like you, and putting what I know about the books aside, I also thought these TV series would be about Sookie and Bill with intermittent interference from Eric, but not so much that it would shine over them, you know, considering all that has been changed, all the Eric parts that were given to Bill, etc. So I tried not to care much for them together but for Eric alone. But then, all that's been happening and the way it has been played out also makes me think they have hope, if only because it has been more powerful to me than Sookie and Bill, and that's saying a lot. Now when I go back, all the changes, everything that has happened makes more sense.

I think Sookie will always love Bill, he was his first, and yes, I believe you can love more than one person at the same time. Bill will always love her as well, but Eric and Sookie's bond shines so much that, as you mention, it can't be ignored and/or put to rest. Their attraction to each other was always highly evident, since the beginning, so much more now because of what they are living and feeling for each other.

The only thing I have to mention here is that I feel he loves her way more than she does love him. The fact he always waited for her, bought her house and restored it, among other moments, proves it. Of course, it is much easier for amnesia Eric to show it and say it than to the rough Viking vampire, whose way to show love is more about protection and security, but not many kind words or fluffy loving (but oh so passionate :P ). On the other hand, Sookie is not there yet, but getting closer. And I don't blame her, his image of Eric was quite mixed until recently. :)

Miss Ford wrote:In the book context, it did make a lot of sense, because it was their first time and she was letting him in... but doing something like that, in this time of the story in the show, would be completly unnecessary... but they couldnt let the "shower scene" out of the show... so it was a good way out to include that making sense and giving meaning to the whole thing not just showing them making love in a another part of the house! oh and you're welcome! :)

Exactly, and that's because past the Narnia jokes everywhere, :P when you put some thinking into it, it works really well. I wholeheartedly agree with you. :D

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Miss Ford on Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:49 am

PandaVamp wrote:The only thing I have to mention here is that I feel he loves her way more than she does love him. The fact he always waited for her, bought her house and restored it, among other moments, proves it. Of course, it is much easier for amnesia Eric to show it and say it than to the rough Viking vampire, whose way to show love is more about protection and security, but not many kind words or fluffy loving (but oh so passionate :P ). On the other hand, Sookie is not there yet, but getting closer. And I don't blame her, his image of Eric was quite mixed until recently. :)

I can see what you mean by Eric loving Sookie more, but before she wasnt so sure about this human side of him... she said in the episode they kissed that she knew there was good in him, but I feel she wasnt that much sure... she had to know him, without everything that made him a vampire (as it is described in the book - the shower scene narration)... the humanity that she found in him made her really fall in love! Now, I want to see what sookie will feel when she puts everything together, because the real Eric is not just human... he is also his vampire side and if she really loves him, she will accept that and deal with that! its not just Eric accepting his feeling but also Sookie accepting the whole Eric, with all his 1000-year baggage!

ohh my!! cant wait for all this drama!!
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby PandaVamp on Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:32 pm

Alexander Skarsgard is quite busy right now. Not only is he filming What Maisie Knew in NYC, but getting a lot of magazine covers and articles. Check out his latest. :D

GQStyle

BlackBook

InStyle

Full Set of Scans here: http://askarsgard.com/?p=19656

Wonderland

For more Alexander Skarsgard covers, articles, full scans and news, please visit: http://askarsgard.com/

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Miss Ford on Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:17 pm

My reaction to these covers:

:P

Thank you for posting those, sweety :thumbsup: :)
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Previous

Return to True Blood [No spoilers!]