[Official] 2x02 "Keep This Party Going" Discussion

General discussion for 'True Blood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] 2x02 "Keep This Party Going" Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:56 am

While Sookie tries her best to cope with Bill's obligations to Jessica, Maryanne charms the locals at Merlotte's with Sam powerless to stop her. Jason makes a good impression on Steve and Sarah Newlin at the Light of Day retreat, but his roommate Luke is starting to get jealous.

Discuss the latest True Blood Episode Here. :D

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] 2x02 "Keep This Party Going" Discussion

Postby Pamela on Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:49 am

Great episode, it was funny how Lafayette went off on the barmaid. I don't think it was right for Bill to be so upset about Sookie taking Jessica to her parents house. He knows Sookie can't handle her the way a vampire could and had no business leaving her with Sookie. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season, hopefully the writers don't stray too much from the books.
Pamela
Viewer

Postby dutchie on Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:26 pm

He didnt leave her with Sookie, she went to his house and he wasnt there. Sookie should have known by now to keep her arse out of vampire stuff.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby frekkells on Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:49 pm

dutchie wrote:He didnt leave her with Sookie, she went to his house and he wasnt there. Sookie should have known by now to keep her arse out of vampire stuff.

I agree with you. Even Sookie knew she shouldn't take Jessica, Sookie refused at first and when Jessica said Bill wouldn't do it and cried some more, Sookie gave in and told Jessica to never tell Bill. I don't think anything that Jessica did was premediated, but it certainly ended badly. I feel sorry for Jessica's little sister.

What is with Bill and the tan lines?
FREKKELL'S FANTASY FORCE ~ 6th place ~ Season 5 LFL
Credit and Much Thanks to MAGIC BOX for the awesome banner.

Proud owner of Ben's Annie doll and line, "I always have a plan."
frekkells
Show Expert

Postby PandaVamp on Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:15 pm

dutchie wrote:He didnt leave her with Sookie, she went to his house and he wasnt there. Sookie should have known by now to keep her arse out of vampire stuff.

I agree. :thumbup:

Pretty cool episode!

1. It was good to see more of Lafayette (I wonder if they really converted him :S ).
2. Also more from mysterious Maryann (what about the lady and the crazy black eyes? :O It was also interesting that all Sookie could hear from her was 'Bacchus' I know what she is, but it was interesting nonetheless).
3. I'm really, really liking Pam! :thumbsup: (and they both speaking in Swedish (?) was sexy!)
4. I'm absolutely in love with Eric, his attitude and his sexy smirk. :loveeyes:
5. Can't wait to find out more about that Godric vampire, if he's twice Eric's age. :O

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby frekkells on Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:11 am

PandaVamp wrote:2. Also more from mysterious Maryann (what about the lady and the crazy black eyes? :O It was also interesting that all Sookie could hear from her was 'Bacchus' I know what she is, but it was interesting nonetheless).

What is 'Bacchus'? I was wondering what Sookie was hearing. I thought it was Latin, but really had no idea.

PandaVamp wrote: I'm really, really liking Pam! :thumbsup: (and they both speaking in Swedish (?) was sexy!)

Again a language question. Was that Swedish? I was thinking it was either Creole or Cajun, like they speak in Louisiana.
FREKKELL'S FANTASY FORCE ~ 6th place ~ Season 5 LFL
Credit and Much Thanks to MAGIC BOX for the awesome banner.

Proud owner of Ben's Annie doll and line, "I always have a plan."
frekkells
Show Expert

Postby Finli Otego on Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:56 am

God, this show rules. Every episode gets better and better. :thumbsup:

This episode made me want to dance like an epileptic on meth!

Valar Morghulis

*Thanks to Jamielost and Miss Ford for the sig!
Finli Otego
Forum Moderator

Postby Nick on Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:14 am

I really liked the episode. I'm really curious as for what the heck is going on with Maryann (that dancing stuff at the bar with everyone going absolutely crazy dancing around: genius.) and I can't wait to see vampire Lafayette if they do indeed transform him. And as for the summer camp leadership conference; it's getting better, because I hated it in the first episode, but it's still the weakest plot going on right now. But I have to say, I'm loving Maryann and Jessica. Great additions to the cast.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby PandaVamp on Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:10 pm

frekkells wrote:
PandaVamp wrote:2. Also more from mysterious Maryann (what about the lady and the crazy black eyes? :O It was also interesting that all Sookie could hear from her was 'Bacchus' I know what she is, but it was interesting nonetheless).

What is 'Bacchus'? I was wondering what Sookie was hearing. I thought it was Latin, but really had no idea.

Indeed, it seemed to be Latin. Among all the things she was thinking, the only thing I was able to catch clearly like two or three times was 'Bacchus'. Bacchus is the name the romans gave to Dionysus, and what Maryann was thinking repeatedly seemed to me like a prayer to him.

"In classical mythology, Dionysus or Dionysos (pronounced /ˌdaɪ.ɵˈnaɪsəs/; Greek: Διόνυσος or Διώνυσος) is the god of wine, the inspirer of ritual madness and ecstasy, and a major figure of Greek mythology, and one of the twelve Olympians, among whom Greek mythology treated Dionysus as a late arrival. The geographical origins of his cult were unknown to the classical Greeks, but almost all myths depicted him as having "foreign" origins: typical of the god of the epiphany, "the god that comes".

He was also known as Bacchus and the frenzy he induces, bakkheia. He is the patron deity of agriculture and the theater. He was also known as the Liberator (Eleutherios), freeing one from one's normal self, by madness, ecstasy, or wine. The divine mission of Dionysus was to mingle the music of the aulos and to bring an end to care and worry. Scholars have discussed Dionysus' relationship to the "cult of the souls" and his ability to preside over communication between the living and the dead."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dionysus

frekkells wrote:
PandaVamp wrote: I'm really, really liking Pam! :thumbsup: (and they both speaking in Swedish (?) was sexy!)

Again a language question. Was that Swedish? I was thinking it was either Creole or Cajun, like they speak in Louisiana.

I'm almost 90% sure that was Swedish. Not that I speak it, :P that's why I used a question mark, but yes, to me it seemed either Swedish or another Scandinavian language.

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Spleen on Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:13 pm

Didn't sound Swedish to me, and I speak to alot of Swedish guys on mic when playing geeky video games. But then they have real Swedish accents, not actors speaking Swedish which they only learned when they picked up the script etc, so i'm probably wrong lol.

What the hell is up with Maryanne? Really interesting character, but WTF is she? lol I love the way she manipulates everyone. Is she thinking in Latin? Or is her mind just too weird for Sookie to penetrate or something :S

What the hell is up with her vibrating like mad and turning Sam into his dog form? She claims she will expose him if he don't play along with her games or whatever, but if she starts doing that crazy vibration stuff in the middle of the bar to turn him into a dog shes gonna expose herself too. Sam turning into a harmless little dog dosn't really seem much of a threat compared to all the vampires runnin amock and Maryanne's crazy version of Parkinson's anyway.

Great to see more of Lafayette, but did they make him into a vampire? I can't see his character working as a vampire, spose it's better than them killing him though. His scenes were full of win, even when he's been locked in a cellar by vampires and shot in the leg he still has that amazing attitude.
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Spleen
Supporting Actor

Postby Nick on Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:43 pm

I just saw this on the front page of IMDb...the clip of Jesus Asked Me Out Today. :lol: That was just priceless.
http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3571515929/
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby Bella on Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:40 pm

I'm late to the discussion because I've been busy, but wow -- I think this was the best ep of the series, so far. I LOVED it. My favorite characters are Lafayette and Eric, so I really enjoyed watching them play off each other. I'm hoping Lafayette DOES get turned into a vampire: he'd be so badass!

Twitter / YouTube Channel

:) STV Podcast co-host :)
Bella
Senior Moderator

Postby cheggie on Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:35 pm

What do you think Bill will do when he find out about Jessica family? Apart from being angry with Sookie obviusly (no worries here, after fighting they will have sex and all will be fine again :rofl: )
cheggie
Stunt Double

Postby PandaVamp on Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:14 pm

Bella wrote:I LOVED it. My favorite characters are Lafayette and Eric, so I really enjoyed watching them play off each other. I'm hoping Lafayette DOES get turned into a vampire: he'd be so badass!

I can't wait to find out if they did convert him into a vampire or not. I certainly hope they did. :w00t: Just a few more hours to... Image :D

cheggie wrote:What do you think Bill will do when he find out about Jessica family? Apart from being angry with Sookie obviusly (no worries here, after fighting they will have sex and all will be fine again :rofl: )

Even if he doesn't seem to be, I find Bill to be kind of unpredictable, so who knows :unsure: But yes, one thing is certain, him and Sookie will have makeup sex. :P

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Jeepy on Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:33 pm

What a great episode! If it wasn't for the god subplot :bored: I'd say the best so far. I don't know if I want Lafayette to become a vampire or not, but using thingy's magnetic hip to nearly escape was awesome. When he first picked up the leg i thought he was going to eat it. :unsure: I don't like Maryann but I do find her interesting. I'm intrigued about the old missing vampire as well. I wonder if that Fangtasia barmaid might end up working at Merlotte's?

Eggs has got a beautiful body but I don't think I trust him. I like him with Tara. But then I like Tara with anybody. They should kill off Sookie and make Tara the star. Sookie's hair was annoying me in this episode and also there was a non-white part on the back of Eric's neck that was really bothering me too. I wonder how tall Eric is? He's absolutely massive.
Jeepy
Emmy Nominee

Next

Return to True Blood [No spoilers!]