True Blood General Discussion

General discussion for 'True Blood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: True Blood General Discussion

Postby Rebel on Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:20 pm

Congrats to Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer. They make an amazing couple and their chemistry has clearly been evident in the show. :thumbup:

True Blood's enchanting princess...
Rebel
Guest Star

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby PandaVamp on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:45 am

The Scream Awards 2010 are here, and True Blood has been nominated in several categories! :w00t:

Ultimate Scream
Best TV Show
Best Horror Actress: Anna Paquin (Sookie)
Best Horror Actor: both Moyer (Bill) and Skarsgård (Eric)
Best Supporting Actor: Sam Trammell (Sam)
Breakthrough Performance - Female: Deborah Ann Woll (Jessica)
Best Ensemble
Most Memorable Mutilation: The Hunter's Souffle
Holy **** Scene of the Year: the Twisted Sex Scene

You can vote once everyday here: http://www.spike.com/event/scream
Let's hope True Blood gets as many votes as possible. :thumbsup:

One thing, though, Dennis O'Hare and James Frain have been snubbed as Best Villain. They should be there and sucks they're not. :thumbsdown:

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Miss Ford on Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:42 am

PandaVamp wrote:The Scream Awards 2010 are here, and True Blood has been nominated in several categories! :w00t:

Ultimate Scream
Best TV Show
Best Horror Actress: Anna Paquin (Sookie)
Best Horror Actor: both Moyer (Bill) and Skarsgård (Eric)
Best Supporting Actor: Sam Trammell (Sam)
Breakthrough Performance - Female: Deborah Ann Woll (Jessica)
Best Ensemble
Most Memorable Mutilation: The Hunter's Souffle
Holy **** Scene of the Year: the Twisted Sex Scene

You can vote once everyday here: http://www.spike.com/event/screaBm
Let's hope True Blood gets as many votes as possible. :thumbsup:

One thing, though, Dennis O'Hare and James Frain have been snubbed as Best Villain. They should be there and sucks they're not. :thumbsdown:

Wowwwwww that's amazing :thumbup: :thumbsup: let's start voting!!!

I totally agree about the vilains!!!! At least O'Hare should have been voted!!!!!!! :x
ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:26 pm

Are True Blood Vamps' Fangs on the Wrong Teeth?
Tue., Sep. 7, 2010 2:51 PM PDT by LESLIE GORNSTEIN

John P. Johnson/HBO
Regarding True Blood: Why are the vampires' fangs are on their laterals and not their cuspids? I work for a dentist, but we can't figure out why they did this. I always thought vampire fangs were on their cuspids. Hope you can help me because it's driving me crazy.
—Amanda, via the inbox
Indeed, as Sookie might say, that mystery has driven many a folk crazier than a run-over coonhound. In other words, you're not the only fan whipsawed into a state of insanity by True Blood's anatomical whims. Why, for the love of Godric, why? Well, here you go...
First of all, you should know that vampires have a long history of arbitrary fang placement. True. Yes. It goes back at least as far as the 1922 classic Nosferatu, whose main monster looked like a carnivorous mole rat thanks to a pair of fangs where his two front incisors should have been.
Fast forward a few decades, and you have the neo-classic The Lost Boys, in which Kiefer Sutherland and others sported pointy lateral incisors, just like the vamps on True Blood.
And don't forget 30 Days of Night; every single monster tooth was a pointy, deadly little corn nugget. Yes, the classic Christopher Lee Dracula character featured a pair of stabby cuspids—as did Blackula—but as you can see, super-sharp cuspids are far from de rigueur among fashionable creatures of the night.
So why might True Blood show creator Alan Ball have favored lateral incisor enhancement? Well, this is what he told NPR's Dave Davies last year:
"We created fangs that actually lie flat along the roof of the mouth and then click into place when a vampire is in danger or aroused or ready to feed, much like a rattlesnake's fangs click into place. Then we put the fangs not with the four front teeth between them, but with only two because it worked better for the physiology of the rattlesnake, the snake fang working.
"And I like that, because it looks a little different. It doesn't look like the classic thing."
See? Vampire science and all that.
It also helps that the fangs are easier to see. Alexander Skarsgard would have to grimace more widely for the cameras if his fangs protruded from his cuspids.
"Canines have been the vampire creator tooth of choice for centuries," mulls dentist Timothy Chase of SmilesNY, "but I have to say the switch to incisors is pretty cool because you get to see it more."
Plus, in choosing an unexpected place for vampire fangs, Ball's team has created an additional layer of fear and tension.
"The canine is typically a very masculine tooth," dentist Clint Herzog tells me. "By adapting the lateral, which is typically a very feminine tooth, it gives the True Blood vampire a much more aggressive look, fitting for the show's characters."
"It does give a very ominous and dangerous look," echoes fellow dentist Ramin Tabib. "Sort of the contemporary vampire look that dares to be different, which is what the show is all about."
Well, yes, that—and bunches of beautiful supernatural guys running about shirtless.
________
See all the stars show their teeth in our True Blood Season Three Premiere gallery.

Source: E!
:lol: lol: :lol:
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Fri May 27, 2011 1:23 pm

TB in 3D ! :D

The Los Angeles Times is reporting that Alan Ball has confirmed earlier this week that True Blood is experimenting with the stereoscopic technology (3-D) that’s all the rage at movie theaters these days.

“We did a scene in 3-D this season just to take a look at it,” Ball said in an interview. “HBO asked us to do one. It was pretty cool. I don’t think it’s going to air. We just did it as an experiment, because I don’t know if they’re going to want to take the show 3-D at some point, maybe like a season premiere or a season finale or something. I would be surprised if — depending on how long the show lasts — that doesn’t happen at some point, especially if 3-D technology gets beyond having to wear the glasses.”

Though Ball didn’t describe the 3-D scene in specific terms, he did say that it didn’t require too much additional trickery to shoot, which might suggest that in the not-too-distant future, fans could begin enjoying the series’ mix of sex, violence and humor in one additional dimension.

“It was basically a scene that’s in the show anyway, so they just also shot it with 3-D cameras,” Ball said. “They sort of blocked it so it would lend itself to that. There was a lot of stuff in the foreground, stuff in the background, that kind of thing. I really don’t believe it was tremendously difficult. If I can remember correctly I believe that the director and the cinematographer did a little seminar with the 3-D camera people before we did it, and they sort of said this is what works best.”

source
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Tue May 31, 2011 1:01 pm

It's been far too long! I am on my series rewatch, as I wait for season 3 to come in the mail this week! I am so glad that there is something so good to watch on TV in the summer! :D Look forward to discussing season 4 with everyone! :)

PS: Not a big fan of 3D, but it might be cool in a series like this!

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Tue May 31, 2011 1:35 pm

Yay DarthLocke! Cant wait to discussing seasson 4 too! i think its going to be awesome!

Its amazing that the producers are already thinking about 3D stuff and preparing themselves for that! I thnk it's great :thumbup:
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Sawyer5665 on Tue May 31, 2011 4:20 pm

:rockon:
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:46 am

the TB vamps gang in the season 4 promotional picture

bigger pic here :)
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Sawyer5665 on Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:32 pm

Season four premiere is finally here!!!

Take me to another land,
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby dutchie on Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:16 pm

Sawyer5665 wrote:Season four premiere is finally here!!!

Hoorah!!!!
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby Finli Otego on Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:38 pm

My thought process while re-watching Season 3 recently:

Oh man this show is fun, I always forget how much I love it. :D

Wow, Franklin is the most hilariously insane character the show has ever had. :thumbsup:

Wow, Sam's family is the most boring story the show has ever had. :|

Wow, Russell is the greatest character the show has ever had. :thumbup:

Oooh, hints of Witches from Jesus. :O

**** FARIES, really? :|
*end season*

Still, excited for tonight.

Valar Morghulis

*Thanks to Jamielost and Miss Ford for the sig!
Finli Otego
Forum Moderator

Postby Sawyer5665 on Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:56 pm

Finli Otego wrote:My thought process while re-watching Season 3 recently:

Oh man this show is fun, I always forget how much I love it. :D

Wow, Franklin is the most hilariously insane character the show has ever had. :thumbsup:

Wow, Sam's family is the most boring story the show has ever had. :|

Wow, Russell is the greatest character the show has ever had. :thumbup:

Oooh, hints of Witches from Jesus. :O

**** FARIES, really? :|
*end season*

Still, excited for tonight.

Yeah, Franklin was awesome. I can't wait to see Russell again...I wonder how long it will be until he comes back??? I say mid season sometime. The witch storyline has really grown on me since they first introduced it last year, and I could definitely do without the fairies...

Take me to another land,
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:11 pm

I just finished my series rewatch too! And I forgot what a great place season ended upon!

I really hope Sophie Anne somehow makes it for a while, although I have a bad feeling about it....

I also wonder if we are going to see Hadley and her son again...it feels like an open story line...

Of course I want to see Russell again (Denis O'Hare, like Michelle Forbes never disappoints!!!) And I caught this real interested look from Russell when Alcede said, Debbie had gone missing...if she shows up again, I will not fully trust her, because I think she could have gotten Russell out of the cement and he strikes me as the guy who might have some kind of super sinister plan....

I also enjoyed Crystal more the second time around. I wonder how Jason is going to handle taking care of all of those ware panthers, errr I mean people.

I have got to say Sookie had some moments where she really drove me nuts the past too seasons. One one hand, it's refreshing that she has flaws, but on another her flaws consist of being a little one way street about things, and I feel she really is not very understanding of others intentions and emotions, but maybe now that she is not with Bill for right now, she will come to understand some of those things her friends have been going through their whole lives...

On another note, I really want to like Claudine...

And I am really interested in Arlene baby rebirth of "Rene'" storyline, because now that I know Godric can come back and that Lafayette could see "Rene`" too, I am pretty sure ghosts are apart of the super natural phenomonum and not just in the character's imagination, as Sophie Anne said, everything that exists imagined itself into exist. never underestimate the power of blind faith.....

Just a few hours to go and I can't wait! :thumbsup:

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Sawyer5665 on Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:02 am

Wow.....a lot has changed since last season...one year later.

Tara is a lesbian cage fighter....Jason is an honest to goodness cop...Andy is a junkie...Bill is king???

Take me to another land,
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

PreviousNext

Return to True Blood [No spoilers!]