True Blood General Discussion

General discussion for 'True Blood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: True Blood General Discussion

Postby Miss Ford on Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:09 am

wow!! lots and lots of fun things to talk about!! I promisse to give my 50cent about your POV but right now Im just SOOOOOOOOOOOO Happpppyyy to have watched the FIRST epiiissssoooooooooooooooode of the new season :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
nothing like the taste of flash blood :wub:
ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:36 pm

^ Seriously, what a fantastic season opener!!!!!!!!!! :w00t: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: So many interesting new characters! I love how Sookie is just thrown into this new world ("Post Edgington") and so are we!! :P

I too have so many things I want to discuss, but I want to get a rewatch of the episode in first! :lol:

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:19 pm

TV GUIDE did a "Men of True Blood" type of interview that ended up pretty good in my opinion!

:D

They are gorgeous and funny!! ENJOY

PS: I put spoiler tags for the parts I thought maybe it could have something more spoilerish but I dont feel this is BIG to be in the other section, the only part I did feel it was a spoiler is in this thread, if you are completly spoiler free dont read! if you are 80% you can peek a bit ;) T

The Men of True Blood Revealed!

In case you haven't noticed, the men of True Blood don't mind taking off their clothes. (...) As executive producer Alan Ball puts it, "They're all insanely beautiful."
(...)
Take Stephen Moyer's Civil War-era vampire Bill Compton. He had to accept that it's over with the love of his very long life, Sookie Stackhouse (played by Moyer's real-life wife, Anna Paquin), and focus on his new role as vampire king of Louisiana.

Meanwhile, Alexander Skarsgård's commanding Viking bloodsucker and cool bar owner Eric Northman is under a witch's spell that's stripped him of any memory of his badass personality, leaving him vulnerable and dependent on Sookie for protection.

Finally, Joe Manganiello's working-class hero werewolf Alcide Herveaux is settled down with the woman who last year tried to kill Sookie — while he was serving as her bodyguard.

TV GUIDE MAGAZINE: What's it like to play your characters now that they're in such different circumstances this season?
STEPHEN: Bill had to let Sookie go. And in doing so, he's become a better man and a better king. It's been great as an actor having that sort of guiding light for him.
JOE: Alcide is wrestling with that beast inside him. I like moments where that thing inside him that he's so afraid of is also this place of great strength.
ALEX: I love Eric's vulnerability. But it's tricky because even though he doesn't know who he is, you can't play it too flat. You can't chop off his balls. Then there's his inner struggle. If they break the spell, then Eric finds out about all the things he's done in the past and who he really is, and that scares him. He's like, "Hey, I'm kind of happy in this little house with Sookie."
STEPHEN: Eric and Sookie are the tipping point of this season. The best stuff that's in the show is their stuff.

TV GUIDE MAGAZINE:
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
So fans are finally going to see them together! Has it been awkward for you, Stephen, since Anna's your wife?
STEPHEN: It could have been really difficult, but it's about being professional. And we all really like each other. It's tougher for Anna because she's having to show emotion with somebody else, and it's been the same people on our crew since she and I got together when the show first started.
ALEX: If it was awkward for us, that would spread to the crew. They see us being so relaxed with each other and it's so obvious when the camera is rolling and when it's not, you know? And Anna's great. She's a very generous actress, very professional. In fact, we shot a scene the other night and it was one of those where...
STEPHEN: It will get people talking!

TV GUIDE MAGAZINE: What is Anna like when the cameras aren't rolling?
STEPHEN: She's merciless in her ridicule of everybody, and she expects the same back.
JOE: I spent half of last season dressed in what she refers to as "Giant Joe's Giant Jumpsuit." So Anna and Rutina [Wesley, who plays Tara] came up with a dance routine and a song that they would perform every time I wore the Giant Jumpsuit.
ALEX: [Singing] Joe and his giant jumpsuit...

TV GUIDE MAGAZINE: Joe, when you came in on the third season, was there an initiation?
JOE: The new guy on a show can feel like an outsider. There can be egos and things like that. But Anna was completely friendly, welcoming. Still, the guys won't let me make eye contact.
STEPHEN: I make him get on his knees so we're eye-to-eye.
JOE: But I guess the initiation would be wearing the "sock" [a wardrobe item that protects an actor's modesty in a nude scene].
ALEX: I put it on him. [Laughs] Someone had to show him, you know?

TV GUIDE MAGAZINE: That sounds romantic.
JOE: Alex and I did this Valentine's Day shoot. There's an animal involved.
ALEX: And a big body of water.
JOE: Water, an animal, lots of nudity and lots of screaming.

TV GUIDE MAGAZINE: Should fans expect the show to delve into new sexual territory this season?
JOE:
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
We do some werewolf sex this year for the first time.

STEPHEN: It's quite interesting. There are different ways of... Um, yeah, I'm going to stop now.

Full interview here :)
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:00 pm

I thought this was interestig and it would be fun to post :D

Source

Do Alligators Really Love Marshmallows?

In Episode 5 of True Blood Season 4, we saw Sam throw marshmellows into the water where he and Tommy had just disposed of Tommy’s parents.  Do alligators really love marshmallows?

Below is an article by the National Geographic where, Rhett Register actually did research about it and found out some interesting facts.

We rang up Captain Jack Sessions of Honey Island Swamp Tours in Slidell, La., whose website mentions tour guides using marshmallows to reward alligators that come close. We also spoke to Michael Delany, a research biologist with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission in Gainesville, Fla.

Captain Jack, we were watching True Blood and one of the characters baited up alligators with marshmallows. Do alligators like marshmallows?
Sessions: Yeah they do. No doubt about that. That’s a true story there. I go out and call them, bup bup bup bup bup bup–a mating call, you know. And sometimes, when they start coming, you toss them a marshmallow. Then they hang around and we give them a hot dog or two on a stick.
(...)

Did you come up with the idea of baiting alligators this way?
Sessions: Oh, no—that’s been around for years and years and years. I don’t know if someone was camping and decided to throw a marshmallow at one. I don’t know how it came about, but honestly, it’s working.
(...)
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Sawyer5665 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:44 pm

:lol: That's awesome! I was wondering if that was true or not.
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:41 pm

Sawyer5665 wrote: :lol: That's awesome! I was wondering if that was true or not.

here is the ultimate proof lol! a video of a REAL alligator eating a yummy marshmallow :PP :lol: :lol: it cant get better than that lol :)

ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:17 pm

Alan Ball: “I love having a lot of characters”

Are you one of those fans that complain about why there are so many story lines on True Blood? Well, Crave Online asked to Alan how he felt about it at the Television Critics Association summer press tour.

Alan Ball: Well, just pay attention to the ones you like. To me, that’s part of what the show is. It’s this big, sprawling cast of characters and I love that about the show. We have a tremendous amount of really talented actors so just pay attention. Watch it more than once. Watch it three or four times so that way any questions will get answered.

Is it a dramatic struggle for you?

Alan Ball: No, I love it. I love having a lot of characters.

Source
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:18 pm

Sawyer5665 wrote::lol: That's awesome! I was wondering if that was true or not.

Me too! I was hopeful! Most of our horses like them, but who'd a thought a massive reptile would?! :lol:

Miss Ford wrote:
Alan Ball: “I love having a lot of characters”

Are you one of those fans that complain about why there are so many story lines on True Blood? Well, Crave Online asked to Alan how he felt about it at the Television Critics Association summer press tour.

Alan Ball: Well, just pay attention to the ones you like. To me, that’s part of what the show is. It’s this big, sprawling cast of characters and I love that about the show. We have a tremendous amount of really talented actors so just pay attention. Watch it more than once. Watch it three or four times so that way any questions will get answered.

Is it a dramatic struggle for you?

Alan Ball: No, I love it. I love having a lot of characters.

Source

I am glad he loves having tons of characters! I love it too! --the only downside it that sometimes the episodes gp by a little too quick, but the upside is you never know who maybe took a hike for a season and has found a way to come back and oodles of characters means lots and lots of story = lots of seasons to keep us entertained! :w00t:

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Sawyer5665 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:19 pm

Yeah, I totally agree with Alan Ball and DarthLocke. I love having all the characters...It just plays to a bigger audience. And it gives us true, True Blood fans a reason to watch each episode multiple times! :D

Personally, my favorite characters are Eric, Pam, Jessica, Jason, Lafayette, Sam, and Russell...yes Russell...He's got to be coming back at some point!!

Take me to another land,
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:23 pm

me too!! I love how AB was: just pay attention to the one you like lol!

There are so many interesting plots! He could managed make a series of books focused in one character in a tv show with a lot of star!! I cant even say who is my favourites :thumbup:
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Sawyer5665 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:29 pm

Miss Ford wrote:me too!! I love how AB was: just pay attention to the one you like lol!

There are so many interesting plots! He could managed make a series of books focused in one character in a tv show with a lot of star!! I cant even say who is my favourites :thumbup:

:lol: I know what you mean! I listed seven favorites. :lol: :lol:

Take me to another land,
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby dutchie on Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:32 pm

Miss Ford wrote:I cant even say who is my favourites :thumbup:

For me it changes every season.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:43 pm

dutchie wrote:
Miss Ford wrote:I cant even say who is my favourites :thumbup:

For me it changes every season.

Me too, except for Eric, Pam, Jess, and Sophie Anne (who I will never see agian :cry: ) they are my constant likes, but Bill is really on my :cursing: -LIST this season, but Iike Sookie better this season than last...

I also really like Marnie, despite I don't have much in common with her, but I feel for her loneliness and need to be connected to something bigger than herself.

I have also warmed up a lot to Jason the past 2 seasons, couldn't stand him in season 1.

Constant dislikes are Tommy and the former magastor....

But yes, Dennis O'Hare's character needs to come back...Russel is just too good to not see again!

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:53 pm

For me is easy to do a dislike list: Tommy and his parents(thank god the pain is over) and Tara basically. The other is more like a temporary hate. For a few episode at most! Tara is a character that I only like during season one. After that I couldnt stand her. She always complaining like she can't get over ANY of her problems! I will send her a good psichanalyst phonenumber. That's what she needs!! :D
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:28 am

talking about character that people have been complaining... Carrie Preston has this interesting article talking about Arlene :)

Here the hightlights via trueblood-news.com

Carrie Preston Reflects On Arlene Fowler

“The role is designed by the writers to play on the stereotype of Southerners in the media. She’s designed to be ridiculed. [Laughs.] What I like about playing her is being able to ground her in some kind of truth while still honoring that humor and that thing that she represents. I love it that I’m responsible for serving up the humor on the show, but what has been wonderful for me is that the writers have also given me more dramatic things to deal with. They’ve trusted me with some of those more touching themes that I didn’t expect that I was gonna be given the opportunity to play back when we were shooting the pilot. For me, that’s what makes the show work, that balance between the drama and the comedy, and that the show never takes itself so seriously that it becomes sanctimonious. I think that’s part of why the fans like it so much. It trusts that the audience is gonna go with us through all of the tones we hit along the way.”

“Our responsibility as actors is to not judge these characters, but to empathize with them and to figure out why they’re reacting the way they are. The higher the stakes, the more conflict, the more interesting they are to watch. It’s actually a gift as an actor when you’re given really high stakes to play, because ultimately that’s gonna be more compelling than if you’re just playing a scene where you chatting with someone in the kitchen over coffee. They don’t have scenes like that in True Blood. [Laughs.] It’s very rare that we actually sit down and have a one-on-one with someone. Everybody’s pretty much on the move, dealing with these extraordinary circumstances. There are 50 storylines up in the air at all times. I think the audience has become comfortable with that, and frankly that’s what they expect now. Not just from our show, but I think a lot of television in general. That kind of kinetic speed just keeps people watching.”

Source
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

PreviousNext

Return to True Blood [No spoilers!]