Top 35 True Blood Characters - 16 and 15 posted

General discussion for 'True Blood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: Top 35 True Blood Characters - 17 posted

Postby Michelle on Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:29 am

Nice choice, I felt bad for Daphne when Arlene kept giving her a hard time. Then I was angry and annoyed at her when she was playing Sam all along and was working for Maryann. Then I felt bad again because Daphne was just a pawn to Daphne and once she failed Maryann the result was death. :cry:
Michelle
Emmy Nominee

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Coconut1214 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:26 pm

I love Sarah Newlin, I don't even know why. 18 is a good spot for her. She was more interesting then her husband. I liked hearing that she was a vampire supporter until her sister was taken. I think it would be interesting if her sister came back as a vampire that would really screw with her.

I also loved Daphnie, when she changed from a deer to a human, seeing Sam's face was so awesome! I actually liked that she was a deer because with her doe eyes and pony tail she kind of had a deer look as a human. It's too bad she was evil and obsessed with Maryanne. She was good for Sam to have another shifter to talk too. Now I have to think of Jason's questions. Did Sam and Daphine have sex as a dog and a pig? :rofl:
Coconut1214
Stunt Double

Postby theflamestation on Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:59 am

16. Godric
Portrayed by: Allan Hyde
Shining Scene: Meeting the sun on the rooftop of the hotel.
Memorable Quotes: "I'm actually older than your Jesus, I wish I could have known him but I missed it."
"There are centuries of faith and love between us."
"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."

Godric is a 2000 year old Vampire who is the sheriff of area 9 in Texas and also Eric's Maker. We first saw him in a flashback that showed him finding Eric and turning him into a vampire. Godric went missing and Eric sent Sookie to help find him in Dallas. As it turned out, Godric was at the fellowship of the sun church willingly and saved Sookie from an attacker. He played the role of peacemaker between the church and the vampires and helped save a lot of lives. His power over other vamps is one of my favorite aspects of this character. Lorena tried to cause trouble in his home and he calmly put her in her place. Even though it had been a very long time since Godric and Eric had seen each other, their bond was as solid as a bond can be and they remained loyal to each other until the end. Godric was a small character but his impact on the show was huge! His final scene on the rooftop was maybe the best scene in the entire series. He chose to meet the sun and end his 2000 years on earth, even though Eric begged him not to. In the end Godric found peace in true death and was comforted by Sookie in his final, beautiful moments.

15. Pam
Portrayed by: Kristen Bauer
Shining Scene: Meeting Arlene's kids at Fantasia
Memorable Quotes: "Tomorrow night your little girl will rise vampire."
"Eric sent me with a request, you're back in business."
"He can do it, I'm wearing my favorite pumps."

Pam is hilarious! I can't start it off any other way, she's just too dang funny! She's a co owner of Fantasia with her maker Eric Northman. Mostly Pam runs her bar and makes money, and other than that she is known for making sassy comments to everyone she encounters. The character has potential to be one of my favorites but sadly i think she is underused. If she had more screen time and contributed more to the over all plot she might be close to the top ten, but I'm sure her character will have a larger part as the show goes on so there is hope for that. We don't know very much about her personally except that she is very loyal to Eric and she hates children! That scene from last weeks episode was Pam's best appearance so far and I was laughing the whole time she spoke. She can be really negative and lazy but at least she is fun to watch. I like the actress and haven't seen her in anything but this role, but I feel she does a good job. I particularly like the sound of her voice and her delivery of the lines. I also really appreciate her fashion sense, Pam might have the best wardrobe on the show even if her make up is crazy sometimes. I'm really hoping they use her in the finale and set up a good storyline for her in the third season.

Only 14 characters left. The next one has been guessed a lot
theflamestation
Extra

Re: Top 35 True Blood Characters - 16 and 15 posted

Postby Nick on Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:17 am

Godric is great. I'd probably plant him somewhere around 9 or 10, but your ranking is nice. And Pam is just...awesome. I loved her in the last episode talking about how much she hates children.

Arlene...she's been guessed a lot.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby Michelle on Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:46 pm

Awww Godric, how I wish he were still alive. :cry:

Pam is funny, nice placement for her. :thumbsup: She was brilliant this past episode. :rofl:
Michelle
Emmy Nominee

Postby dutchie on Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:07 pm

Well, Im the only one who didnt like Godric. I thought he was a very flat character and the few character traits he did have, I found annoying.

Pam, who doesnt like her. I just love the Eric/Pam moments, they are very funny together.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby HelloBrian on Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:08 pm

Pam and her precious pumps! :thumbup: I would have ranked her higher, though. :hmm:
Little Ewoks
HelloBrian
Stunt Double

Previous

Return to True Blood [No spoilers!]