'What the heck am I going to do until June 2010?!?'

General discussion for 'True Blood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: 'What the heck am I going to do until June 2010?!?'

Postby Coconut1214 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:54 pm

The Vampire Diaries are from a book series that came out way before Twilight existed, 1991. So if anything Twlight copied them.

I read them when I was in 7th grade and recently re-read the first one and I think Twilight is much chessier. But the show doesn't hold much interest to me. They are trying to hard to cater to the Twilight audience and the actors look miscast.

With the topic.

I just got S1 on DVD, so after my brother's done borrowing it from me. I will re-watch that.

I read the first Sookie Stackhouse book and I was waiting to read the rest depending on how the show went. I might check out the rest if the True Blood withdrawl gets to be too much. lol

As for other shows. I will be watching V and Flashfoward.
Coconut1214
Stunt Double

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Ciubia on Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:58 pm

Oh my poor, sis!! :lol: Don't worry, we'll think of something!!

Personally, aside from Lost, I'll be watching Flash Forward and V! And then I'm sure we'll manage to find something else to do until True Blood gets back, maybe that night out we've been talking about! :P
ImageImage
Ciubia
Emmy Nominee

Postby Nick on Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:46 pm

Coconut1214 wrote:The Vampire Diaries are from a book series that came out way before Twilight existed, 1991. So if anything Twlight copied them.

My mistake. Sorry ;) Even so, the ONLY reason CW did this was because of the Twilight craze and they're obviously going to try to draw from that kind of stuff as much as humanly possible. And I'm sure Vampire Diaries is a rip off of something else which is a rip off of something else which is a rip off of something else. The vampire love stories tend to feel really redundant unless they've really got something good going on the side, which is why I like True Blood, because it's not 100% love triangle...a little bit of that kind of thing is just fine in my book, but when it dominates the entire show, which is what it looks like judging by the trailer.

But here's generally what I'll be doing to keep busy:

Ridiculous Amounts of Schoolwork/College Applications
Lord of the Rings Books, True Blood Books, and if time permits, Harry Potter Books (which I have from a friend but I've never gotten around to reading them)
Flash Forward, V, Lost, 30 Rock, Mad Men, Chuck, Dexter, Supernatural, Damages, Big Love, Fringe, Survivor, Castle, and a few others.
Newspaper staff at school. Never fails to suck up my time
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby Jeepy on Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:22 am

If you like Being Human, you could check out the original pilot episode of that, it's all on youtube. Mitchell and Annie are played by different actors and it's quite different to the usual show but still really good :thumbup:
Jeepy
Emmy Nominee

Previous

Return to True Blood [No spoilers!]