[Official] True Blood Ep. 2x11 Discussion

General discussion for 'True Blood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: [Official] True Blood Ep. 2x11 Discussion

Postby Coconut1214 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:32 pm

I don't hate Sookie I'm just not that intersted in her. Which probably helps the triangle. I'm only interested in one of them. lol.

The Queen was ok, but I'm just wondering how she got to be the Queen. She doesn't seem to care that much about anything or she's just acting that way. I would think a being the Queen of a state meant you were responsible for all the vamprires in your area. I'm also wondering if they are going to make her older than she is in the books because she wasn't that old in them.

Jason and Sookie have always been shown to be kind of slow and just to rush into things so they get passes for acting stupid. But Tara and Layfayette are usually not so gung ho about jumping without thinking. She can turn the whole town into black eyed zombies and they think they can just shoot her. Although Sam should probably tell them that Maryanne can't control supernatural beings.
Coconut1214
Stunt Double

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Michelle on Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:40 pm

PandaVamp wrote:I agree.

I just think Sook is playing not to be attracted to Eric since Season 1, but she does. Lafayette caught her in this episode, which was funny (I keep on watching that scene... how great is that they're both are having sexy and scary fantasies, huh? :thumbsup:) Now, being attracted and actually doing things without a reason is another. She's very much into Bill, that's undeniable, and Bill is very much into her, as well. But Billy (sorry, I just loved how Eric called him Billy :lol: ) has to be careful because he's too jealous and possessive, and he keeps on hiding things from Sookie, and the last time he kept something big from her: killing uncle Bartlett, she ended up being pretty much hurt.

That was hilarious when Lafayette confirmed that he does have dreams about Eric as well, I nearly fell on the floor. :rofl: Sookie may have some attraction to Eric but I don't think it's love yet but it's heading that way. I'm sure Bill has his reasons for keeping Sookie in the dark on certain things, probably not to make her worry more than she needs to. He loves her so telling her news that might upset her is something he probably wants to avoid.

PandaVamp wrote:And the "teacup humans" thing. It was so great. Everybody loved it! If you're into Twitter, do a search of it... it's hilarious! Some parents have already started calling their kids like that. He seemed intrigued, entertained and like he could savour them, all at the same time.

That was such a great scene, I was laughing throughout the entire thing. One of the best True Blood moments so far. :thumbsup:
Michelle
Emmy Nominee

Postby Finli Otego on Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:05 am

Oh Boy, where to start. :P
- I'm on the fence about Hoyt leaving Jessica. I don't really think it was out of character, I just think it was kind of a dick move on his part. ¬¬

- The blood-tears are really, really cool.

- Sophie-Ann is pretty cool, but I still can't get over the fact that the girl frm "Thirteen" is the Vampire Queen. :lol:
I actually liked the more vague, philosophical explanation she gave of what Maryann is. It keeps it mysterious, which despite what people may think, is a good thing.

- Tara, Tara, Tara. What are we going to do with you? Seriously though, I can respect going after the one you love, and I do think she loves Eggs. Oh yeah, and Lettie Mae stole the show in that entire sequence. I can't get over how awesome of an actress she is. Big ups.

- "I do know someone that might be able to help. Might." Second week in a row.

- That whole scene in Fangtasia was...ahem...killer. It was worth watching just for the "Teacup Humans" line. :rofl: And I guess I'm one of the only ones not remotely surprised or bugged about Eric flying. He did glide away from Fangtasia in Season 1 when it got raided...

- Okay. About Sophie-Ann knowing about Sookie, and the hints that her and Bill know something we don't....I was accidently spoiled about what that is leading up to... :whistle:

- The Eric/Bill stand off was pretty cool. It's nice to see Bill with the upper hand for once, although his threats will probably come back to bite him in the ass.

- Oh NO! Not Lafayette, too! :cursing: He better make it outta this.

- WTF is up with the big Egg?!

Valar Morghulis

*Thanks to Jamielost and Miss Ford for the sig!
Finli Otego
Forum Moderator

Postby GummieWorm on Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:21 am

HEY!
Where have I been?
Anyway. I loved all the episodes this season. I've been watching since the beginning and it just keeps getting better! There are some weirds things that I don't quite get i.e. Eric flying (Finli had to remind me that he flew from Fangtasia the first time we went there with Sookie and Bill but it still seems weird) and what's with the giant egg that Tara and Eggs had?
But, overall I wasn't dissapointed by much. Not even the queen's vague description of what the hell Maryann is. I think that works because there's alot of intrigue is seeing that even a vampire as old as Sophie Ann only seems to have theories as to what Maryann is and how to destroy her (if that's even possible). It makes her MUCH scarier and it raises the stakes even higher.
I'm also excited about how Alan Ball is following the books from season to season. I haven't read them but my sister has. I watch every week with her and there is still A LOT that surprises her because he follows the books but elaborates on a ton of it. She's CONSTANTLY saying what a genius A.B. is for the way he adapts the stories.
Can't WAIT for more!
GummieWorm
Extra

Location: No matter where I am I'm wishing I was on that damn island!!!

Postby Nicole on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:17 pm

I started watching True Blood 5 days ago and am now fully caught up. I love this show! :thumbsup:

Really looking forward to the finale.
"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that... is just progress."

Nicole
Emmy Winner

Postby Coconut1214 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:08 pm

Eric also told Layfayette that he had to fly after he healed him. So the flying didn't come out of nowhere that's just the first time we actually saw him do it. And I still think he did for the kids benefit since they thought he was so cool. lol I also loved that his hair was all messed up when he talked to Billy. :lol:

Eric was creepy and sweet when dealing with Arlene's kids, that's hard to pull off and he managed to. Maybe Sookie and Godrick are rubbing off on him and he's finding bits of his humanity.

I guess Eggs can really be called Eggs now. Where did they get that giant Egg from anyway?
Coconut1214
Stunt Double

Postby Nick on Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:24 pm

- Okay. About Sophie-Ann knowing about Sookie, and the hints that her and Bill know something we don't....I was accidently spoiled about what that is leading up to... :whistle:

Me too...but...

Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
I read that they might be switching Bill and Eric's roles for the show. I really don't know what they're doing, as they have changed quite a bit from the books, but that's just something I stumbled across and I don't know if it was actually a legitimate spoiler because it was just a discussion on IMDb where one of the book readers blurted out what happens in the books with no spoiler warnings and then a conversation followed about what they might do differently in the show judging by promos.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby PandaVamp on Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:02 pm

Nick wrote:

Me too...but...

I read that they might be switching Bill and Eric's roles for the show. I really don't know what they're doing, as they have changed quite a bit from the books, but that's just something I stumbled across and I don't know if it was actually a legitimate spoiler because it was just a discussion on IMDb where one of the book readers blurted out what happens in the books with no spoiler warnings and then a conversation followed about what they might do differently in the show judging by promos.

Yeah, I've read plenty about it, too. I also know that many of the books fans are pretty annoyed with the way Alan Ball is portraying Eric and Bill, because he has changed many of the things they've done. Now, I think they're taking it a little bit too far, to be honest, and I can't understand what do they want. This is a tv adaptation, not a copy of the books. He has said it plenty of times and it's nice to have two different entertainment opportunities.

Alan Ball has said he will stay truthful to the spirit of the books. I just think he's making things believable and appealing to a broader audience, not only Charlaine Harris fans, or vampire fans, but a lot of other people. In my humble opinion, it is working so far. I would like to ask the fans of the books to be patient and don't want it all to rush, but yeah, I also have to admit that I haven't read any of the Sookie Stackhouse books (but I will ;) ), so I can't tell or relate to their complaints. All in all, I respect them, and pretty much like reading what they think, even if I don't share their opinions sometimes.

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby theflamestation on Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:58 pm

I agree that Tara was way off in this episode. It just didn't seem like her at all, she would not go back there.

Arlene's children were my favorite part of the episode, they are so cute and it made me sad that they had seen their mother that way. I've been wondering since that party for Tara where Arlene's kids were and who was watching them. Eric and Pam were so funny in that Fangtasia scene and I thought they both looked awesome.

My other favorite part of this episode was Lafayette! I loved when he was throwing ecstasy at Arlene and Terry and also I always knew that once Maryanne got the chance she would swoop him up quick. I didn't understand the point of Maryanne talking about that poisonous plant at all but I liked her acting and I was so scared for Lafayette.

At this point Maryanne is finally terrifying to me. In the beginning of the season she was comedic and weird but now she's gained so much control that I would dare say she is a GREAT villain. It took them long enough to get there though.

Maryanne looks awesome in the preview for next week wearing that wedding dress, I cannot wait to see how they do this finale. I've read the books so I know what happens with the Maenad from the book but I don't really think it will go down the same way at all. I'm very surprised that almost the whole town is gonna be there! The only characters I didn't see at Sookie's in the preview were Jessica, Hoyt, Maxine, and Lettie Mae!! But the rest of the town is there I'd say. I hope Eric and Pam show up to save the humans I like. Arlene, Terry, Andy, Tara, and Jason better survive this!!
theflamestation
Extra

Postby HelloBrian on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:44 pm

Of course they can't be 100% true to the books, the writers on the show are inspired by the actors' performance (that's probably why they didn't kill Lafayette), the chemistry between them, the audience's response...

Anyway, back to ep 211, random thoughts:
I really liked Evan Rachel Wood. It is probably her most adult role so far. The Queen is obviously quite crazy (why play Yathzee otherwise ? O.o ) and she did that well! I think The Queen is so old that she doesn't care about much anymore...
Tara was painfully stupid in this episode (Sookie and Lafayette were not far behind! Why go back to the nut house!?but I agree the pills stuff was funny). The egg is really creepy (Where the hell does it come from!?)
I enjoyed Andy and Sheriff Dearborne dancing, that was fun!
Jason seems to have return to his dumb self. Poor Sam seems to be the only sane left.
Eric was quite creepy with the kids (plus flying was just showing off). The scenes with him and Pam are always a treat, they seem so above it all. And with Bill : (Eric playing with his hair :cool:! )always the same argument about Sookie.
The people of Bon temps have reached a new low (cutting their own finger...)

I can't wait to see how it is going to end.
Little Ewoks
HelloBrian
Stunt Double

Postby Finli Otego on Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:50 pm

PandaVamp wrote:
Nick wrote:

Me too...but...

Yeah, I've read plenty about it, too. I also know that many of the books fans are pretty annoyed with the way Alan Ball is portraying Eric and Bill, because he has changed many of the things they've done. Now, I think they're taking it a little bit too far, to be honest, and I can't understand what do they want. This is a tv adaptation, not a copy of the books. He has said it plenty of times and it's nice to have two different entertainment opportunities.

The spolier I stumbled upon was that Sophie-Ann ordered Bill to form a relationship with Sookie. This fits with what Alan Ball revealed on the commentary for the Pilot, in which he stated that "Bill is drawn to Sookie for a reason, and we will be faithful to the books regarding what that reason is."

Valar Morghulis

*Thanks to Jamielost and Miss Ford for the sig!
Finli Otego
Forum Moderator

Postby PandaVamp on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:09 am

Finli Otego wrote:
PandaVamp wrote:
Nick wrote:

Me too...but...

The spolier I stumbled upon was that Sophie-Ann ordered Bill to form a relationship with Sookie. This fits with what Alan Ball revealed on the commentary for the Pilot, in which he stated that "Bill is drawn to Sookie for a reason, and we will be faithful to the books regarding what that reason is."

Yeah, that's what I read as well. :thumbup:

WARNING: don't read any of these tags if you really hate getting spoiled. ;)

I think they should stay truthful to that, I mean, we need some conflict between them, and even if Bill ended up falling for Sookie and loving her for real, it would explain his possessiveness and why he keeps so many things from her. He's always scared, and it's understandable, when you lie and keep on doing it, it's difficult to fix it, doesn't matter how much you love the other person. It's nice they show this another parallel (God, they have so many) between him and Eric, because, as opposed to Bill, Eric is very clean and open about his intentions (so far). I haven't seen that commentary for the Pilot by Alan Ball (I'll buy my DVD's soon), but as soon as I watched 'Frenzy' and all the interaction between him, Sophie-Ann and Hadley, I knew there was something behind it, and I wanted to investigate so I went deep into some forums and sites and found out. Yeah, I love spoilers. :P

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby jonnyzkool92 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:19 am

Wow thats a crazy spoiler yo!!!!

someone should make a post in the spoilers section, do you think that they will present that in the finale ?
jonnyzkool92
Guest Star

Postby PandaVamp on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:27 am

Nope, I don't think they will. It's too soon for that.

But really, I don't think we can even be certain this will happen. I've heard Alan Ball likes to plant fake spoilers here and there sometimes.

If you want, jonnyzkool, you can create the thread in the spoilers section. Just remember to be careful when choosing the subject line. ;)

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Magic Box on Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:10 am

Personal reactions towards this triangle cannot be approached from logic. There's an empty space between the screen and the viewer where a lot of personal processing happens during the downloading of the information. When I say that I'm frigging scared of triangles, it is because it has left marks on my psyche that can't be done without. One might try to forget LOST from a cerebral standpoint, but any emotional imprint will jump out and take the center stage while the visual smells bring back unhappy memories. The LOST triangle never bothered me until we saw The Incident and Juliet's death, telling us that she's been but a prop to the triangle. None of you can talk me out of the emotional impact this had, and sell me the idea that one triangle is better than another. I'll forever hate that kind of plot, which happens to be in accordance with my real-life rigid take on faithfulness. I appreciate that Eric lovers see no harm in it all, but on my part I'm not yet ready to enjoy that kind of situation on a TV show.

For the record, I do not hate Eric at all, where does that idea come from? :S There's no one on this show that I hate. Yeah, even brain-dead Sookie. :lol:
ImageImage
Owner of Ben's red tie, Ben's Bendiana Jones outfit, Ben's bunny, and Ben's "Don't you read?" line.
Magic Box
Emmy Winner

Location: Near the polar bears, far from the Frozen Donkey Wheel

PreviousNext

Return to True Blood [No spoilers!]