Ohh Sookeh -The Anna Paquin & Sookie Stackhouse Thread

General discussion for 'True Blood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Ohh Sookeh -The Anna Paquin & Sookie Stackhouse Thread

Postby Miss Ford on Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:02 am

SOOKIE STACKHOUSE played by ANNA PAQUIN

Sookie Stackhouse is a fictional character from Charlaine Harris's Southern Vampire Mysteries novels. She first appeared in the book series before going on to appear in the television show True Blood. The book series is a first-person account of Sookie's life as a barmaid and telepath in the town of Bon Temps, Louisiana. The first book in the series, Dead Until Dark, won the Anthony Award for Best Paperback Mystery in 2001. Portrayed by Anna Paquin in the show, the character appears as the main character in the first episode of the series called True Blood.

Sookie is the protagonist of the story, and the series depicts her everyday life as she grows up. She is barmaid who is telepathic (the ability to read minds) that deals with everyday life of modern vampires, "coming out of the coffin". In the television show Sookie is introduced in True Blood as one of the local residents of the fictional town of Bon Temps, Louisiana. She lived with her grandmother, and is in close contact with her brother, Jason Stackhouse. She has a romantic relationship with Bill Campton, a vampire
from wiki

Anna Helene Paquin (born July 24, 1982) is a Canadian-born New Zealand actress. Paquin's first critically successful film was The Piano, for which she won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress in 1994 at the age of 11 – the second youngest winner in history. Her acting career took off almost half a decade later when she appeared in a string of successful films including She's All That, Almost Famous and the X-Men franchise.

Paquin has received critical acclaim for her role as Sookie Stackhouse in the HBO series True Blood, for which she won the 2008 Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Television Series Drama.
from wiki

Here we'll talk about Sookie and Anna, post interesting articles and everything related to them!!!

As a first post, here is a link to a behind the scenes on Self Magazine photo shoot with Ana. She will be in the cover for July!! Always very sweet Ana talks about riding her pink Hello Kitty bike cruiser to the fitting :lol: and growing up next to the beach! :thumbup:

http://www.self.com/magazine/blogs/self ... na-pa.html
ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: OHH SOOKEH -The Anna Paquin & Sookie Stackhouse Thread

Postby Rebel on Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:25 am

I offer my respect to you, Miss Ford, for creating a long overdue thread. Sookie Stackhouse is True Blood's leading lady and main heroin. Her character and her chemistry with the others (especially Bill) truly compelled me to follow this show from the beginning. Everything from her innocence to her engaging romance with Bill to her mysterious powers makes her the prime and perfect figure who is absolutely central to the story of True Blood. Furthermore, the character is played amazingly by Anna Paquin with sheer perfection.

On the note of great acting, I would like to contribute two videos of Anna Paquin being rewarded for her outstanding work:

1994 Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress - The Piano

2009 Golden Globe for Best Actress in TV/Drama - True Blood

Enjoy :)

True Blood's enchanting princess...
Rebel
Guest Star

Postby Miss Ford on Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:12 pm

look that cute girllll AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :wub: :wub:

I loved her in X MEn, as Rogue. Ironic in portuguese we call that comic character "Vampira", translating for english: Vampire :)
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Rebel on Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:32 pm

^^ Really? Wow.... how cool is that?

And yes... she's adorible.

Rebel
Guest Star

Postby DharmaFlashes08 on Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:46 am

Anna Paquin is a respectable actor & I think it's hard for people to not like her or Sookie. Before TB, I knew her as Rogue in the first X-Men. That was her first major on-screen role after the Piano, of course. Now she is a notable actress on tv for this gig and Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee, which I have saved in the TiVo.

Playing as Sookie, she has more funny moments than people expected and the show wouldn't be nuttin' without her. Go SOOKEH!!
DharmaFlashes08
Show Expert

Postby beresford on Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:18 am

I love watching videos of the stars I like receiveing awards :D And Anna is awesome! And is such a beautiful woman as well! :PP :D
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience

Heiots wrote:beresford is Juliet King! Just can't argue that fact.
beresford
Emmy Nominee

Postby Rebel on Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:58 am

^^ and a cute kid!

-- Merged Double Post --

Sookie so far... (season 3 prep)

Rebel
Guest Star

Re: Ohh Sookeh -The Anna Paquin & Sookie Stackhouse Thread

Postby Rebel on Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:56 pm

True Blood newlyweds Anna Paquin & Stephen Moyer stepped out for their first public function as Mr. & Mrs. last night, and it looks like they were still basking in that honeymoon glow. The pair attended the Entertainment Weekly and Women In Film Pre-Emmy Party in West Hollywood and posed for several photos on the red carpet.

You can view the photos here: http://true-blood.net/2010/08/27/photos ... mys-party/

:)

Rebel
Guest Star

Postby Miss Ford on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:32 pm

Interview: Anna Paquin Spills on True Blood

source: Canada.com

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. - Truth be told, Anna Paquin looked nothing like True Blood's Sookie Stackhouse on this day.

The Winnipeg born, New Zealand-raised actress who plays Sookie in Oscar-winning writer-filmmaker Alan Ball's trippy, twisty vampire drama based on the popular series of novels by Charlaine Harris, appeared both resplendent and visibly relaxed in an immaculate ivory cocktail dress and sensible shoes as she made her way from the Beverly Hilton lobby to the main ballroom, through a shaft of reflected sunlight, accompanied by her beau and husband of 11 months, Stephen Moyer.

The real -- some would say surreal -- world of Hollywood glitz and glamour is a far cry from the ill-fated telepathic diner waitress and emotional roadkill Paquin plays on TV, where her character is chased, day and night, by all manner and matter of vampires, werewolves, Wiccans, creepy babies and shapeshifters -- each and every one of them hidebound determined to see that Sookie not live to see another sunrise.

In one important respect, True Blood's onscreen fiction of star-crossed love and fortuitous fate has crossed over the factual realm. Moyer, 41, is not just Paquin's life partner.

As followers of the TV version of True Blood well know, Moyer also plays the tragic vampire Bill Compton and a suitor for Sookie's attentions in the four-year series, now confirmed for a fifth.

Paquin, who is slender and petite to Moyer's manly, masculine bearing, is sunny and upbeat, if a little philosophical at times about being True Blood's emotional punching bag.

This season is proving to be particularly arduous, with Paquin having already been on the receiving end of mock fights and physical confrontations that have, well, gotten a little out of hand at times.

Paquin is high-energy, impulsive and talkative, cheerful even, where Sookie is stubborn, self-reliant and given to sudden flashes of anger.

"Stubborn people get themselves in a lot of trouble, but they also get things done," Paquin said. "She's a pretty good person to have in your corner. She's willing to put herself out there.

"Besides, if Sookie wasn't so stubborn, our show would be a hell of a lot less exciting,"

Paquin may have been raised in New Zealand but her natural accent is midwestern prairie -- Canadian, really -- a far cry from the U.S. Southern accent she affects for the hardscrabble bayou belle she plays in True Blood.

Paquin was just 11 when she won the Academy Award for supporting actress, for Jane Campion's 1993 film The Piano, filmed in New Zealand.

People change over time, even fictional TV characters and hard-luck heroines of vampire romance novels.

"I feel she's undergone a pretty radical change from the first time we met her to who she is now. What's interesting about her this season is she's made the decision to be on her own and to tell both her gentleman callers to get lost. And in a way that makes her even more open to things happening, because she's no longer as needy.

"Yeah, I think she's definitely grown."

Behind the scenes, Paquin doesn't mind taking the occasional accidental crosscheck or mistimed hit for the team. True Blood's fourth season has seen Sookie get into more than her share of physical scrapes, in fiction and in real life, while performing in front of the camera.

"Is it fair?" Paquin said, with a bright laugh. "I'm having the time of my life! Are you kidding me? And I'm not just a little thing, thank you very much. I can hold my own. I dare Alan to come up with something I say no to."

Ball's vision of True Blood has already veered from the original source material on several occasions, but that doesn't mean any kind of "massive transformation" lies in Sookie's future, at least as far as Paquin is aware.

"I would welcome anything that adds to the texture of who she is. I think that any time your character gets to do something wildly different, it's fun, because you also have to somehow incorporate that into who they already are. As an actor, that's always an interesting challenge. I don't think, in our case, that it would damage the show. But I also don't know if that's in the cards."

Paquin said it's exhilarating, at times, to send somebody flying, "and do crazy sh*t," even if it's only a TV show.

As for her personal life with her real-life husband intruding into their performance on the screen, it's not an issue, even in the fights.

"Just speaking for me, our love in real life is fine," Paquin said, openly. "I'm totally happy for our characters to be as sad and distraught and messed up and hating each other as they like. We don't have everything perfect and happy for too long. I mean, let's face it, it's not interesting television if everything works out for Bill and Sookie and they adopt five babies and live happily ever after, you know."
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Rebel on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:08 am

Great interview^^^ Thanks! :)

Rebel
Guest Star

Return to True Blood [No spoilers!]