May I Call On You? The Stephen Moyer & Bill Compton Thread

General discussion for 'True Blood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

May I Call On You? The Stephen Moyer & Bill Compton Thread

Postby Rebel on Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:51 am

BILL COMPTON played by STEPHEN MOYER

William Thomas "Bill" Compton is a fictional character from the The Southern Vampire Mysteries/Sookie Stackhouse series by author Charlaine Harris. He is a vampire and is introduced in the first novel in the series, Dead Until Dark, and has appeared in all of the novels since. He is sometimes referred to as "Vampire Bill" by locals in Bon Temps.

In the book series, Bill was born on April 9, 1840. He lived in Bon Temps, Louisiana, and fought for the South during the Civil War. He was a married farmer with three children (there is inconsistency in the storyline, with Bill telling Sookie that he had five living children with his wife in Dead Until Dark). On November 20, 1868, some years after the war, he was made a vampire by Lorena, with whom he had a long and stormy relationship. Later in the book series, Bill discovers that he is related to the Bellefleur family in Bon Temps and secretly provides them with funds to aid in the repair of their ancestral home. The Bellefleurs, who do not know he is the source of the income, dislike him, though he briefly assisted Portia Bellefleur during her murder investigation in Living Dead in Dallas.

In the television series, Bill was born in 1835 and his children were born before the Civil War. He was turned by Lorena as he returned from the War, fighting under Colonel Henry Gray. He only briefly sees his human wife and old home from a distance before Lorena leads him away permanently.

from Wiki

Stephen Moyer (born Stephen John Emery; 11 October 1969) is an English actor who has starred as vampire Bill Compton in the HBO series True Blood since 2008. On 5 August 2009, it was confirmed that Moyer had become engaged to Anna Paquin, who plays his character's love interest in the HBO series True Blood. They have been dating since filming the series' pilot in 2007.

from Wiki

Here we'll talk about Bill and Stephen, post interesting articles and everything related to them!!!

I was so impressed with Miss Ford’s initial thread on Sookie Stackhouse & Anna Paquin that I decided to follow in our illustrious Show Expert’s footsteps by adding to what she started. Since she started with True Blood’s lead actress/heroin, I figured the natural next step would be True Blood’s lead actor/hero!

I shall start it off with two videos of Stephen Moyer. The first one is where he wins the SCREAM award for Best Horror Actor. Interestingly enough, he went up against fellow co-star Ryan Kwanten (Jason Stackhouse) despite Ryan’s role being that of a supporting actor. Moyer also won the prestigious SATURN award for Best Actor on TV, but I could not locate a video for that one. The second video is a short Red Carpet interview at the 2009 Golden Globe Awards. The very same event where his real life fiancé, co-star Anna Paquin, won Best Actress in TV/Drama!

Please Enjoy :)

SCREAM Awards

Red Carpet Interview

True Blood's enchanting princess...
Rebel
Guest Star

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: MAY I CALL ON YOU? The Stephen Moyer & Bill Compton Thre

Postby dutchie on Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:52 pm

I just want to post vampire Bill with his Pilot hair. It was so much better, I miss that hair.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby Miss Ford on Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:08 pm

^^^^ :rofl: :rofl:

He was more mysterious too, I liked that...

(thanks Rebel for the thread :) great job and vids!!! ) :thumbup:

I also want to add the Trubies&Newbies new vid with Bill and Coot

:thumbup:

And that I love Stephen :wub:
ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Rebel on Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:29 pm

Thanks, Miss Ford. I learn from the best. ;)

That video is funny. It also makes me wonder which one of our significant characters are actually played by Americans. That's skill, right there.

Rebel
Guest Star

Postby DharmaFlashes08 on Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:52 am

dutchie wrote:I just want to post vampire Bill with his Pilot hair. It was so much better, I miss that hair.

Ugh! It looked like he stepped out from a stinky sewer! Stinky vampire Bill Compton! :PP

He freshened up throughout the series thankfully. Not that I pay any attention to the hairdo.. just Pam's. :P Just kiddin!

I knew nothing about Stephen Moyer before the show, but now when I see him working on other projects I will always know him as Bill. He's got the iconic "Sookeh" line and possibly the most epic backstory on the show.. better than Eric's, almost. Close race there.

Rebel, you're right, not many actors on the show are American.. Britain & Australia have about as many haha
DharmaFlashes08
Show Expert

Postby beresford on Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:13 am

I love that video with him receiving the award when in the end he says "surprisingly, a very good match maker as well" :PP
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience

Heiots wrote:beresford is Juliet King! Just can't argue that fact.
beresford
Emmy Nominee

Postby Rebel on Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:52 am

Hahaha... that was funny.

-- Merged Double Post --

Bill so far... (season 3 prep)

Rebel
Guest Star

Re: May I Call On You? The Stephen Moyer & Bill Compton Thre

Postby Miss Ford on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:17 am

True Blood’s Stephen Moyer was on Live with Regis and Kelly on Wednesday, July 14, 2010 which was filmed in PEI. Stephen was charming as always and discussed with Regis and Kelly season 3 of True Blood and of course, Anna.

Stephen Moyer Injured On ‘True Blood’ Set

True Blood star Stephen Moyer suffered further damage to his already-injured knee during filming on the TV hit earlier this year when was thrown off a horse in a stunt scene gone wrong.
The actor was forced to halt filming on an episode of the vampire show's third season after he was thrown to the ground and landed on his knee. The joint was already fragile from a previous injury - Moyer underwent surgery for a torn meniscus last October.
He explains, "I had an accident on this season of True Blood. I rode behind a stuntman and the horses didn't want us there and we were in this forest. I came off and he came off and the horse went back and I landed on this two-foot square piece of concrete and it's the only piece of concrete in the whole forest - straight on my knee."
However, Moyer has assured fans he's fully recovered, adding of the initial pain, "Yeah, it hurt."

source
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Rebel on Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:48 am

Poor Stephen! I'm glad he's ok now.

Rebel
Guest Star

Postby dutchie on Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:11 am

I saw a much younger Stephen on a show today, some english detective, I cant remember the name though. He was the killer. It was very funny seeing him that young, he looks much better now he is a bit older.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby Miss Ford on Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:25 pm

New interview with Stephen. Must love this guy... so romantic :wub:

Stephen’s Romance Based on Food, Ultimate Honesty
Interview with Redbook

Your character, Bill, just got engaged to his love Sookie, and you’re also engaged to Anna Paquin, the actress who plays Sookie, in real life. When did you know Anna was “the one”?
It was when I was away from her. When we were filming the pilot, we were the only two actors who didn’t live in Los Angeles, so we ended up going to dinner almost every night. When we finished filming, I went to London and she went to New York, and it felt so weird not to talk to her. So we began Skyping and have been together ever since!

What is your onscreen chemistry like?
Everybody on set now gets to see what goes on behind closed doors. We leave nothing to the imagination! [Laughs] But our love scenes actually work really well. Since the crew knows we do have chemistry and are together in real life, I feel like it takes away from the nerve-racking tension that can occur when people have to watch two actors who are just getting to know each other engage in an intimate scene.

Why do people love vampires so much? Any vampire tricks that real guys can use to sweep women off their feet?
Vampires are so old that they don’t need to impress anyone anymore. They’re comfortable in their own skin. It’s this enigmatic strength that’s very romantic and old-fashioned. I think it goes back to something of a Victorian attitude of finding a strong man who’s going to look after his woman. Bill represents the kind of guy who is bad and dark, but ultimately, he’ll defend you with his life if it comes to it.

How do you romance your fiancée?
Our romance is based on some really great food and great restaurants and a similar taste in music. We share a lot of things. We live by the beach, and often when it’s 10 o’clock at night, we’ll walk out with the dogs and a drink and sit on the beach. It’s one of our favorite things to do.

So what have you learned about women from Anna?
You know, men would much rather run away than talk about stuff, and my default setting has always been, If you have an argument, walk out the door. Anna’s brilliant: She won’t let me walk away. Instead, we talk and we try to get things out in the open. The main thing that Anna has taught me is absolute transparency and honesty and truth. Even if you know that what you’ll say will hurt a woman’s feelings, I’ve learned that it’s better to be truthful with her than it is to cover up. Ultimate honesty is what a relationship is really about.

source
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby dutchie on Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:14 pm

He seems like a real great bloke, Anna is lucky with him :wub:
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby Rebel on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:10 am

True Blood promo pic: Bill :thumbup:

Rebel
Guest Star

Postby Rebel on Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:53 pm

True Blood newlyweds Anna Paquin & Stephen Moyer stepped out for their first public function as Mr. & Mrs. last night, and it looks like they were still basking in that honeymoon glow. The pair attended the Entertainment Weekly and Women In Film Pre-Emmy Party in West Hollywood and posed for several photos on the red carpet.

You can view the photos here: http://true-blood.net/2010/08/27/photos ... mys-party/

:)

Rebel
Guest Star

Postby smithlanger on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:37 am

sounds good to me :)
smithlanger
Viewer

Next

Return to True Blood [No spoilers!]