[Official] True Blood Ep. 4.03 Discussion

General discussion for 'True Blood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] True Blood Ep. 4.03 Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:37 am

“If You Love Me, Why Am I Dyin’?”

9:00PM

Discuss the latest True Blood episode here.

Sookie makes a deal with Eric, and reconnects with Alcide (Joe Manganiello); Bill punishes an errant vampire and counsels a guilt-ridden Jessica; Jason is cast as a reluctant savior; Tommy (Marshall Allman) eyes a scam and alienates Sam; Marnie (Fiona Shaw) flexes her newfound powers; Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) delivers an ultimatum to Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis), Tara (Rutina Wesley) and Jesus (Kevin Alejandro); Eric spoils Sookie’s faerie reunion.

Written by Alan Ball.
Directed by David Petrarca.

Source: HBO

Check STV.com/TrueBlood for Spoilers.

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] True Blood Ep. 4.03 Discussion

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:55 pm

Well I have to say not a a lot happened in this episode, other than we saw a lot of unusual character exchanges.

First let me say, I really think Bill is a terrible King...it does seem like not being with Sookie along with his relationship with Nan and the AVL has brought out the worst in him and he has slipped from his humanity a bit...If it wouldn't be that Lorena despised and tourtured humans, I could see how they could have been the perfect pair :P -On another note, I know Bill is also playing the part to save Sookies and who knows who else's skin, but as much as I like Nan, I feel that the AVL isn't it's all cracked up to be either...and I have to wonder if we are ever going to come face to face with 'the authority' or if perhaps we have already...

Oh and poor poor Jason, I am not sure how many more episodes I can stomach watching the were-panthers rip him apart...and I have to say that out of all of the resurrection myths presented this season, the ghost mama and daddy myth has to be the one I feel is 'half baked'...if anything happens and Crystal does have a little warepanther-it's probably because they are SO inbreed that they need an outside bloodline....

It's still really nice to see Tara pro her cousin and pro action in general. She could just so easily cut and run and she didn't! And WOAH! I think we are going to have watch out for Pam because I think she is on the verge of becoming 'unleashed'....If it would be up to her I think she would do a lot of things different than Eric, but I truly loved that Lafayette wanted to apologize to Eric and beg for his mercy only to find a super distraught Pam and then have Jesus and Tara come to save them and make a deal...

Hooray for Alcede! It's funny that he has been there the whole time and didn't go to see Sookie himself. As for Debbie, I thought it was really nice to see her clean. At first I thought I would detect something not too genuine from her, but thinking about what Alcede said last season (This is isn't the Debbie I know...This is the V talk'n), I think this really was/is who a clean Debbie is...and I like the contrast---but who knows how long it's going to last.
It was also obvious Alcede was VERY happy to see Sookie, but I have to say I am rather disappointed in Sookie not wanting to help Pam hide Eric and trying to pawn him off to someone else...

I wonder how many times Jessica is going to have to glamour Hoyt, because something tells me that now she knows how to do it well, and it's successful, I doubt she won't do it again...

Oh and that Doll is creepiest thing :scared: ...and to give it to baby Michael! :w00t: I know Jess hasn't had proper guidance, but sometimes she can be pretty thoughtless and cruel...I am sure that doll will be back to haunt her some more...who's ever house that once was...

I was a-ok with Bill and Katerina (who I hope we see again), but something about Bill with Porsche makes me a little sick...

Marnie! -So nice to see the spirit she seems to have commenced with...and that we finally see she has her own agenda and that she intentionally wants to really know magic and spirits.( But IMO she is just looking for an excuse to get mad at someone) --It will interesting to see if somehow this spirit is connected to Lafayette (or rather his decenda nts) since it seems like Laf's energy is what allows for Marnie to her forth and give Marnie some real power! (Fiona Shaw is doing a good job of keeping her intriguing - and just in time for the final Harry Potter film!)

Tommy is such a low life--it's sad because I know Sam is going to get sucked in, since once upon a time he was a con man too...

I don't know exactly what to expect in the next few episodes, but they really have set us up for a lot of possibilities! Can't wait for next Sunday!

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Sawyer5665 on Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:31 pm

Do you think Marnie figured it out that it was Lafayette's power that allowed that spirit to visit her? She was getting very frustrated when she tried to contact her on her own...but we saw that the spirit was there all along. Surely, she's figured out that she needs Lafayette....

I was a little disappointed that we didn't see Luna, but I think we'll be seeing plenty of her again soon.

I thought it was funny to see oblvious Eric so protective of Sookie that he attacked Pam....

And what about Eric kiling Claudine!??!! Now Eric is going to know what Sookie is.. :scared: :scared:
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:29 pm

Sawyer5665 wrote:Do you think Marnie figured it out that it was Lafayette's power that allowed that spirit to visit her? She was getting very frustrated when she tried to contact her on her own...but we saw that the spirit was there all along. Surely, she's figured out that she needs Lafayette....

I was a little disappointed that we didn't see Luna, but I think we'll be seeing plenty of her again soon.

I thought it was funny to see oblvious Eric so protective of Sookie that he attacked Pam....

And what about Eric kiling Claudine!??!! Now Eric is going to know what Sookie is.. :scared: :scared:

I am not sure if Marnie fully realizes it, but I think the spirit definately does--I am pretty sure that when Marnie gets forceful and overly demanding, not to mention yellow-eyed, she isn't herself, but rather the spirit has taken over...I am not sure how much she remembers or how much control she has over her own emotions even in the every day sesnse...

But although in my previous post I just said, it seems like Marnie may have sought out spirits to fulfill her own agenda, I can't deny the possibility that the spirit is also like a drug to Marnie --and it will be interesting to see how their first interaction occurred, and whom really sought whom out first....

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:23 pm

DarthLocke wrote:
Sawyer5665 wrote:Do you think Marnie figured it out that it was Lafayette's power that allowed that spirit to visit her? She was getting very frustrated when she tried to contact her on her own...but we saw that the spirit was there all along. Surely, she's figured out that she needs Lafayette....

I am not sure if Marnie fully realizes it, but I think the spirit definately does--I am pretty sure that when Marnie gets forceful and overly demanding, not to mention yellow-eyed, she isn't herself, but rather the spirit has taken over...I am not sure how much she remembers or how much control she has over her own emotions even in the every day sesnse...

But although in my previous post I just said, it seems like Marnie may have sought out spirits to fulfill her own agenda, I can't deny the possibility that the spirit is also like a drug to Marnie --and it will be interesting to see how their first interaction occurred, and whom really sought whom out first....

Thats a very interesting observation... I noticed that in the scene that she was alone she seemed a lil lost, like she is discoverying that world in that moment in time, like an inexperienced witch. I agree that it doesnt seem that she already fully know that maybe it is Laffayettes powers that moves the circle...

I loved to see Alcide again... he seems more mature and very happy with Debbie, although I'm not 100% she is what she looks like! For the entire scene I was waiting till the moment Sookie would read her mind :/ ....

I still dont love King Bill. I liked his flashback in the last episode but last night he was too extreme with that vampire... true death really...? I was a lil shocked with that decision...

I'm loving all Sookie and Eric scenes... and I agree that the scene that he pushed Pam away from Sookie was so funny :lol: Im wondering how lond the childish Eric is gonna last...

I cannot believe they killed Claudine!! :O :O :O :O I know the tv story is different from the book but this is gonna be something I'm gonna follow pretty close...
ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:49 pm

^Funny out of the things I forgot to write about is the death of Claudine O.o ...I don't know if I buy that it is her real death...only because as I have not read the books I can only hope that maybe there is a big difference between half faires, whole fairies, and fairies that take on 'god parent' roles...perhaps it was only her mortal death
(perhaps she can still exist in the fairy world just not 'mortal world' since having a mortal death --which obviously I have to use loosely :lol: ...or somehow Claudine can be reborn???????) :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Sawyer5665 on Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:52 pm

Miss Ford wrote:
I still dont love King Bill. I liked his flashback in the last episode but last night he was too extreme with that vampire... true death really...? I was a lil shocked with that decision...

Yeah, I don't like how easy that decision was for Bill to make. It seemed as routine as pouring a cup of coffee to him. That doesn't seem like the Bill Compton we've seen thus far.

Take me to another land,
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:22 pm

Sawyer5665 wrote:
Miss Ford wrote:

Yeah, I don't like how easy that decision was for Bill to make. It seemed as routine as pouring a cup of coffee to him. That doesn't seem like the Bill Compton we've seen thus far.

yes, he is losing his humanity ... :( very sad...

DarthLocke wrote:^Funny out of the things I forgot to write about is the death of Claudine O.o ...I don't know if I buy that it is her real death...only because as I have not read the books I can only hope that maybe there is a big difference between half faires, whole fairies, and fairies that take on 'god parent' roles...perhaps it was only her mortal death
(perhaps she can still exist in the fairy world just not 'mortal world' since having a mortal death --which obviously I have to use loosely :lol: ...or somehow Claudine can be reborn???????) :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

:lol: maybe she isnt dead at all... who knows... but Mr Ball is doing some strange modifications with a lot characters too so I wouldnt be surprise if she is really dead... like Christal.... she 100 times crazier this season and much much crazier than she is in the book... she is not a sweetie-pie in the books but this girl is :scared:
ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Sawyer5665 on Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:28 pm

There is very little similarity to the books, really. I mean, they use some of the stories from the books, but they change most of the details when they do. Like the witch storyline seems...at least thus far..to be totally different from the books.

Take me to another land,
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby Michelle on Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:50 am

I'm not too thrilled about this season so far, none of the stories are that interesting. Arlene with the baby is hilarious, brings some needed funny moments to the show.
Michelle
Emmy Nominee

Postby Sawyer5665 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:10 am

I had no idea, until about five minutes ago, that Marnie is portrayed by the same woman that played Aunt Petunia in the Harry Potter series! She looks so different on True Blood.

Take me to another land,
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby mollie on Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:35 am

King William has been dealing with his new position for over a year now. So I'm sure Bill has precided over and passed judgments/sentences for the Monarchy countless times. It's a 'post-Russell Edgington' world for the vamps, so video-taped feedings is a big no-no. V'''V This is the new reality. And this is part of Bill's new responsibilities.

I still believe he loves Sookie dearly. And in order to keep her safe, he is keeping his distance from her as not to alert Nan or any AVL authorities that Sookie is something special to him. In the meantime, I would say, because Bill is such a resourceful spy, he is probably gathering all the information he can about Nan Flanagan, zeroing in on her weaknesses, and filing those things back for future reference. Bill will need something on Nan when the truth finally comes out about Sookie---and we all know it will! Bill should never be underestimated.

At some point, probably after the 'Amnesia Eric' storyline has played itself out, I believe Bill and Sookie will wind up as a team working together for the AVL, thereby making Bill's declaration to Andy in S4Episode One ['She was workin' for me! Vampire business!'] a reality! Telepathy is a very valuable asset to have, especially when you can read your enemies minds and find out their next move!
mollie
Viewer

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:33 pm

mollie wrote:King William has been dealing with his new position for over a year now. So I'm sure Bill has precided over and passed judgments/sentences for the Monarchy countless times. It's a 'post-Russell Edgington' world for the vamps, so video-taped feedings is a big no-no. V'''V This is the new reality. And this is part of Bill's new responsibilities.

I still believe he loves Sookie dearly. And in order to keep her safe, he is keeping his distance from her as not to alert Nan or any AVL authorities that Sookie is something special to him. In the meantime, I would say, because Bill is such a resourceful spy, he is probably gathering all the information he can about Nan Flanagan, zeroing in on her weaknesses, and filing those things back for future reference. Bill will need something on Nan when the truth finally comes out about Sookie---and we all know it will! Bill should never be underestimated.

At some point, probably after the 'Amnesia Eric' storyline has played itself out, I believe Bill and Sookie will wind up as a team working together for the AVL, thereby making Bill's declaration to Andy in S4Episode One ['She was workin' for me! Vampire business!'] a reality! Telepathy is a very valuable asset to have, especially when you can read your enemies minds and find out their next move!

Although I generally agree, I can't deny that Bill is also having some fun of his own. Bill's character is hard to see through because truthfully, as we have seen with some of the time he spent with Lorena (seducing and discustingly killing their victoms) and even hung out with some trash in season one (the three who wanted him to join their nest, the female had slept with Bill--and their MO goes against Main Streaming and AVL), let the Ratraps beat up Sookie (so he could feed her and try figure out what she is), and failed to mention how politically deep he is to her, shows just how calculating Bill is. So yes, he is not to be under-estimated, but to what end is Bill really playing for? Because it seems he has been forced to choose sides long before he ever met Sookie....IMO both him and Sookie need to learn somethings from eachother...Sookie needs to understand others and not be so quick to judge, because the world is not a perfect world and she has flaws too...Bill needs to really explain himself and his past to Sookie and stop lying to her, because what she doesn't know so far has hurt her.

Just think of the timeline of things...

Bill is made and is forced to pal around with Lorena. He tries to go back to his family and it ends in chaos and he is forced to cave into Lorena's ways....which include brutality towards killing humans up until the first part of the 20th century....then we know that's when the one Vampire from season one was made and Bill slept with her...then we do not know when Sophie Anne becomes Queen and when he goes to work for her, but in the 1980's Bill is in England feeding not killing, and Nan makes him an offer...so then it's unclear if Bill went undercover to get close to Sophie Anne and the AVL, but his protection of Sookie against Long Shadow led him to the Magister, whom, like Nan is in line with the AVL, but again it's unclear if he knows Bill and Nan have an accord, but we could speculate yes, since the Magister didn't bury Bill for an eternity....but yet he still had to find Sookie in the first place because of Sophie Anne and Hadley, which it seems Nan doesn't know, except to say that she does, because everyone keeps talking about her...."what's so special about her?" So was Sophie Anne just killed for selling V? -and was that Bill's real job? --But then why didn't the Magister know this when he went to investigate himself? Why not let Bill finsh his assignment??? :hmm: --oh wait, that's right Bill goes "missing"...

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Return to True Blood [No spoilers!]