[Official] True Blood Ep. 4.06 Discussion

General discussion for 'True Blood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] True Blood Ep. 4.06 Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:27 am

“I Wish I Was the Moon”

9:00PM

Discuss the latest True Blood episode here.

Sookie searches for Jason under a full moon; Marnie connects with spirits of the past; Arlene and Terry cope with a suspicious inferno; Debbie (Brit Morgan) urges Alcide to join a new werewolf community; Tommy trades places with Sam; Lafayette feels the spirit in Mexico; Eric surrenders to his King’s will.

Written by Raelle Tucker.
Directed by Jeremy Podeswa.

Source: HBO

Check STV.com/TrueBlood for Spoilers.

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] True Blood Ep. 4.06 Discussion

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:00 pm

This episode was so good and so packed full moon of stuff!

I was so surprised that Tommy transformed into Sam! --I wasn't sure if I bought Luna's story to begin with that she once changed into her mother, but now I do and appears it takes severe stress [out of loss] to do so, but I am more curious at the actual circumstances of Luna's mother's death, since Tommy's transformation was clearly also out of not just loss, but also guilt and rage (self loathing)??? It's too bad though that Tommy had to go and mess up Sam's life though. Trying to project into the future, I have to wonder if Tommy will want to do this again and if he is going to turn into a serial killer to do it? or if the guilt of his parents death along with seeing Sam all the time is enough??????

Woah! Poor Arlene and Terry! -That baby Michael and his voodoo doll are just the icing on the cake for everything that is going on, but I wish Arlene would have been more concerned about Lisa and Coby, but was glad they got out of the house on their own accord.

It was also an interesting twist to have Holly and Andy start going down some path, which I have NO IDEA how that will play out or tie into everything else that is happening??

I loved that Jessica cared enough to find Jason when he was scared in the woods! It was nice to see that he has transformed in other ways (not a werepanther :P ) in how he goes about women. As much as I like Hoyt and think he is a pretty good character that doesn't deserve to be overly abused, I can't deny that I love the Jessica and Jason pairing...and it would play nice and could complicate Bill's relationship with Sookie somewhere down the line...speaking of which....

Obviously the best part series--42 episodes in the making finally happened! Eric and Sookie got [cough] closer!!! I was so glad Bill let him go! -And I just can't stomach Bill as king, but then again maybe it's good for everyone that we see what Bill is made out of (petty B.S.!!) It was sad, because it like we have met Eric before he was ever a vampire and how he hopes he never remembers what he had become, but I am sure the old Eric will come crashing in eventually and it will be interesting to see how the 'two' will deal with this special time period....

Marnie, Marnie, Marnie! Well we finally know the spirit's name, Atonia! --Hell have no fury like a [dead] women's scorn! --And it was interesting connection that Atonia would come across one of those vamp priests that were apart of persecuting her...and it will be interesting if the war with Vamps and Witches gets explored a little further beyond them...

Oh rattlesnakes! I like how the whole deal with the witches, whether looking at Marnie's experience or Jesus and Lafayette's is done like those scenes from season 1 with miss Jeanette and does make me think she had some power, even though Marryanne tried to convince Tara otherwise since Marryanne actually caused the vision of child Tara to appear...but I still think there was something there and it just adds this nice lite touch to what was coming ahead later in the series...

Pam unleashed! I knew that she would become extremely dangerious without the help of Eric, since it's like he abandoned her, but it's really really really not fair to take it out on Tara, or even Lafayette since neither of them intentionally set out to be apart of the witch circle....hopefully Lafayette can find something deep within himself to save his cousin and maybe even the day!

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:40 pm

First let me ship and squeeeeeze

the final sequence was :w00t: :wub: :w00t: :wub: I cannot believe Im shipping like this again lol!

Wtv... back to my thoughts!
I really liked this episode, perhaps coz the scenes with Eric & Sookie but I had so much fun!

I was very entertained by the scenes of Tommy as Sam. It was pretty funny. Especially, the scene he fires Sookie. I laughed out loud! Sam Trammell seemed to be enjoying himself in those scenes at Merlote's and when the actor does that, it makes all the difference.

Another story that surprised me was Jason and Jessica's. Jessica is one of my favorite characters. I love her. And I loved the whole development of her love story with Hoyt. When I saw the scene when she gives him her blood and knowing all the implications of that I thought I would hate them becoming close to each other. But watching the episode I found it so rambling. It so cute/funny she dealing with his panic attack (of course he calmed looking at her chest! Priceless), they are not that bad together, and I enjoyed watching it. I'm dying to know how far these two will go!

The scenes btw Stackhouse brothers are always amazing to watch, I think they have a lot of chemistry together and the conversations end with a lot of laughts and great quotes!! we can see how they trust in each other and it's almost a relief to watch the talk btw the two brothers in middle of the madness

I cannot even find anything interresting in Tara with her girlfriend's plot. Same for the long history of possessed child ! Oh and Andy!! ppplease ?!??!? that sub-plot that needs to get out of there! I dont wish to ship any Hody or Anly lol! nott!

Alcide and Debbie ... nah I dunno what to think yet ... shes definitely the troublemaker and the new pack is not gonna be a good idea .. I Hope the vampireXwitch war merge with the were storyline!

the wicthes -> in my opinion Lala and Jesus are not gonna be pairing with Marnie ... from what I understood Jesus's grandfather said that they have to protect themselves from her and not from the vampires! if they understood well the message when they'll return to be with Sookie and co, or at least not by Marnie's side.

Now the vamps!
the epi started so well! I thought that first scene was so sexy!!! And Da*m!KingBeeeelllll!! Eric is so much older and stronger than Bill, he could killed him like that... but Sookie wouldnt let him, he is his king and he is Bill!!

in the next scene they had that great dialog

I loved how Sookied stood up for Eric. Kudos to the writters! I have a lot of my fave quotes this season... “Well? Which is it Bill?? Is he a danger to everyone, or is he just faking it to get into my pants?” and this whole scene...

(I loved the Bill used Skype to talk to Nan :D nice detail)

also Eric and Pam scene is amazing - "YOU ARE A VIKING VAMPIRE GOD AND YOU BOW TO NO ONE!!" and how she describes Bill to Eric! Have to Love Pam even when she is decomposing... lol

and my ultimate fave scene of the season. Nice amnesia Eric is so selfless. humble to his king, and he truly is in love with Sookie, she just want to see her happy... I just was squeezing so bad watching that!! I love the speech! It made KingBill thought about his action for sure!!

I was reading a review and the guy made me think of something very interesting about the final sequence and why Bill let Eric go... It was pure mercy because he loves Sookie and he could see Eric's love for her or did something else happen? Like a Nan's phone call saying NO to the sentence or something like that making him stop endind with his true and only enemy... That made me think.. or maybe the reviwer really hates Bill!! LOL

well the episode ended beautifully! IMO I watched it 100 times already! lol and I LOVED that Eric didnt bite her at all... it was just passion! just making love under the moon... no blood! :wub:

(sorry for the long post and cheesy shipping comments) :blush:
ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Rogers on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:01 am

Rarely have I ever been up to date on this show - but it's fun to speculate. So I'm just going to jump right into what I'm thinking's going on so far ...

When Holly said "I always land on my feet," I had to wonder if there was something more going on there. It's an obvious cat reference, and was it Sookie who called the werepanthers "cats?" How often do the writers put things like that in same episode? I think there's reason to believe there's a connection.

So, it makes me wonder if perhaps she's a werepanther, or can change into a cat, in any case. Witches have "familiars" right?

In legend, a familiar or familiar spirit is a supernatural being that helps and supports a witch or magician. Traditionally, a familiar is an animal, but some are said to be humanoid. Familiars often have special powers of their own. When witchcraft is portrayed as a type of communication or alliance with evil forces in order to gain magical powers, a familiar may be considered a type of demon.

- Source (http://wiccanmagick69.tripod.com/id15.html)

I think Sam Trammell was great as "Tommy." It must always be a challenge for an actor to play two characters on one show - but he was great. He changed the way he walked, I bought it. He did a great job. ... Just as their relationship looks like it might be near repair, it's thrown back into jeopardy.

Will Luna be upset enough to bring her mysterious ex-werewolf boyfriend into the mix? Is there confirmation that it's even a "boyfriend?" Could it be someone who shifted into another person, like she mentioned? If that's so - her ex could be any new character on the show - a jealous new character. Maybe I'm getting carried away on this one, though.

Marnie looked bad-ass when possessed as Antonia - she had the stance and the presence of an incredible power, which is pretty cool. So - if the witches can control the dead, and force the vampires to walk into the sunlight ... here are some of my quick thoughts.

1) the vampires will want all the fairy blood they find to protect themselves
2) the werewolves aren't dead - perhaps a new ally for the vampires to fight the witches
2 b) what would werewolves accept in exchange from vamps for their services? - more V?

I wonder how many of Bill's subjects were around during that Spanish witch hunt that got rid of Antonia? Perhaps the vampires will have to resort to a vampire with ancient experience of persecuting witches from the past (.. like Russell Edgington, perhaps?)

Still not sure where Lafayette fits into everything - but there could be a wicked stand-off between him and Pam or Eric, which would be pretty cool, IF he unlocks some great power within him.

My last spec on this episode is ... what are the odds that instead of the reincarnation of Rene in the baby, there's a poltergeist swarming around him? Just speculating.

I'm a little disappointed that Jason didn't turn into a werepanther, but it was one of those moments where he really grew as a character, which could be just as powerful as him growing into a werepanther.
Rogers
Stunt Double

Postby Miss Ford on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:19 am

I'm a little disappointed that Jason didn't turn into a werepanther, but it was one of those moments where he really grew as a character, which could be just as powerful as him growing into a werepanther.

Yeah, me too! I still hope something is gonna happen. I really thought he was turning and the fact he didn't made me hate the hotshot plot even more!
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Sawyer5665 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:23 am

And what about the song at the end? Perfect, I thought. True Blood does such a fangtastic ( :lol: ) job of picking songs for the end of the episodes. I thought this one fit perfectly into the Sookie/Eric sandwich making....
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:33 am

Sawyer5665 wrote:And what about the song at the end? Perfect, I thought. True Blood does such a fangtastic ( :lol: ) job of picking songs for the end of the episodes. I thought this one fit perfectly into the Sookie/Eric sandwich making....

IKR!!!!! The end was just amazing!!! Beautiful scene! The lighting the music... :wub:
The song is called "I wish I was the moon" by Neko Case
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:04 pm

Rogers wrote:Rarely have I ever been up to date on this show - but it's fun to speculate. So I'm just going to jump right into what I'm thinking's going on so far ...

When Holly said "I always land on my feet," I had to wonder if there was something more going on there. It's an obvious cat reference, and was it Sookie who called the werepanthers "cats?" How often do the writers put things like that in same episode? I think there's reason to believe there's a connection.

So, it makes me wonder if perhaps she's a werepanther, or can change into a cat, in any case. Witches have "familiars" right?

In legend, a familiar or familiar spirit is a supernatural being that helps and supports a witch or magician. Traditionally, a familiar is an animal, but some are said to be humanoid. Familiars often have special powers of their own. When witchcraft is portrayed as a type of communication or alliance with evil forces in order to gain magical powers, a familiar may be considered a type of demon.

Great Catch! I think your spot on! :thumbup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I am mean so far, who says that any shifters or weres can't also be witches?! I hope that she is a different kind of cat (even though I love panthers) just to keep opening the plane...

Alceide also made this point in the episode to say, that even though "weres" like to hang out with their own kinds, that none of the shifters are really that different (although I am sure there is room to argue that people can be very different despite whatever category they put themselves in)...but it would be interesting if "your own kind" was broken into multiple groups such as being torn from your "were/shift" group and a "witch group"...

Sawyer5665 wrote:And what about the song at the end? Perfect, I thought. True Blood does such a fangtastic ( :lol: ) job of picking songs for the end of the episodes. I thought this one fit perfectly into the Sookie/Eric sandwich making....

:thumbsup:

It was SO perfect, not just for Sookie and Eric (swoon), but also for the idea of things in the dark that emerge and "light the way"..obviously Sookie has this metaphor in a good way, but you can apply it to any of the characters coming into their own, or changing into someone/something else...enhancing their "power"...the power of transformation!

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Sawyer5665 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:51 pm

DarthLocke wrote:

:thumbsup:

It was SO perfect, not just for Sookie and Eric (swoon), but also for the idea of things in the dark that emerge and "light the way"..obviously Sookie has this metaphor in a good way, but you can apply it to any of the characters coming into their own, or changing into someone/something else...enhancing their "power"...the power of transformation!

You're completely right. It fit perfectly for everything that was going on. It fit the sadness that was on Bill's face. It fit what Jason and Jessica were talking about, and of course it was the perfect song for Eric and Sookie. The word I kept thinking of during the final 2 minutes while that song was playing was "acceptance"....on all levels.

Take me to another land,
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:39 pm

DarthLocke wrote:
Rogers wrote:Rarely have I ever been up to date on this show - but it's fun to speculate. So I'm just going to jump right into what I'm thinking's going on so far ...

Great Catch! I think your spot on! :thumbup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I am mean so far, who says that any shifters or weres can't also be witches?! I hope that she is a different kind of cat (even though I love panthers) just to keep opening the plane...

Alceide also made this point in the episode to say, that even though "weres" like to hang out with their own kinds, that none of the shifters are really that different (although I am sure there is room to argue that people can be very different despite whatever category they put themselves in)...but it would be interesting if "your own kind" was broken into multiple groups such as being torn from your "were/shift" group and a "witch group"...

I think you guys are right! Do you u remember she was saying to Jason at Merlote's that she was feeling weird and maybe it was because of the full moon that was coming!!?? It was indee a good catch DarthLocke :thumbup: :thumbup:

I went to check the lyrics for the song coz I notice that had a lot to relate with the story!
Here my fave parts: "Thought that I was young/ Now I've freezing hands and bloodless veins/.../Last night I dreamt I had forgotten my name/.../I'm so lonely/I wish I was the moon tonight/..., I'm a free man/With no place free to go/.../How will you know if you found me at least/'Cause I'll be the one, be the one, be the one/With my heart in my lap" :wub: well done TB-people, well done :)
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Sawyer5665 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:15 pm

This is the first time in a really long time that I've felt anything good toward Bill. He has wanted to get rid of Eric since the early episodes of the series, and he finally had his chance. Had permission to do it and everything. I don't think that it was strictly his love for Sookie that stopped him from staking Eric. I think it had just as much to do with Eric himself and the things he was saying to Bill. He realized that Eric was sitting there willing to die basically because of his love for Sookie. I think that his at Bill's heart and he realized that he felt the same way about Sookie. Of course, I also think he realized that if he killed Eric, he would never stand a chance of ever being with Sookie again.

Way to go Bill! :thumbsup:

I loved the scene with Jason and Jessica. I'm glad that they changed it up from the books and made Jason not become a werepanther, but it sort of makes the Hotshot story mean nothing. Jason is growing as a person, though, and I like it. :thumbsup:

The Tara story is a little boring to me...but I get the feeling that Pam is going to kill her girlfriend...which will send Tara into a vampire hating frenzy..and will probably send her straight to Marnie. :hmm:

The Sam/Tommy story picked up this week....Good news. I loved Sam Trammel's portrayal of Tommy!! The way he was walking and acting to awesome! He indeed looked like he was enjoying himself. :thumbup:

I may be in the minority here, but I like where Lafayette's story is going. :thumbup:

Can't wait for next week!

Take me to another land,
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby Rogers on Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:43 am

Sawyer5665 wrote:The Tara story is a little boring to me...but I get the feeling that Pam is going to kill her girlfriend...which will send Tara into a vampire hating frenzy..and will probably send her straight to Marnie. :hmm:

Sawyer5665 wrote:I may be in the minority here, but I like where Lafayette's story is going. :thumbup:

I think these two things might be related - Lafayette's got to be motivated to use his wicked witch powers to combat the vampires - and what better motivation will he need than if they go after Tara? To this point he's been conceding any conflict with vampires to avoid being shackled up in Fangtasia's basement again. But with some special powers and a motivation it could make for some interesting conflict.

Sawyer5665 wrote:The Sam/Tommy story picked up this week....Good news. I loved Sam Trammel's portrayal of Tommy!! The way he was walking and acting to awesome! He indeed looked like he was enjoying himself. :thumbup:

100% agree. Trammell did a standout job.
Rogers
Stunt Double

Postby PandaVamp on Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:02 pm

- Well, first of all... YAY!!! It finally happened. :lol: :P
The wait is over, Eric and Sookeh finally did it and loved how it was handled. Perfect timing, music, set and light. :thumbsup: When I remember it, I can't help but smile... :D /fangirlmoment

- I hated (not really, drama wise it was great) how Bill manipulated the whole situation at the beginning to get rid of Eric and for sure I wanted big mouth Pam's nose to fall because of it :P, but I knew he wasn't going to end up killing him. Now, honestly, I thought he would have to postpone the whole execution because of Marnie causing havoc or something along those lines, never because he would decide not to. You know, considering Bill has sneakily tried to get rid of him in the past (as the high horse riding weasel he is :P ), I was convinced something external would have to stop him. But no, it was simply Eric's "last" words and the whole thing seriously surprised me... well, that and maybe realizing he would lose Sookeh forever if he did, and even if he's a cheater, conniving, pompous, double faced vampire, he truly loves her... his way, yeah, but he does.

- I totally dig Sookie and Jason's brother and sister moments. Those two have a great chemistry. :D

- Talking about chemistry: Jason and Jessica have fantastic chemistry as well. Loved their scene together. :thumbsup: The only thing that worries me here, and the reason I expect nothing happens between them, is because Hoyt and Jason are good friends, and to me friendship is one of the most important things and would hate to see theirs broken. I don't worry about Jess and Hoyt, though. They are sweet together and all, but seeing how their relationship has developed and Hoyt's expectations, I think he lacks something, I'm afraid to say... I don't know if it is confidence or world as a whole, but imo, Jessica needs much more than Hoyt, and that great conversation she had with Jason about how she wouldn't change being a vampire makes me believe it even more. Now, I doubt Jason could be the person who can offer her more, anyway.

- It is official: I hate, hate, hate Tommy Mickens. :cursing: He deserves the worst things and then nothing. What he did on this episode, knowingly, wow... he crossed the final line with Luna and Sam will have to be very strong not to kill him. And then I think that little bastard is very capable of getting angry at Sam and seek revenge when he should be ashamed. Poor Sam. :( (btw, I agree with you, guys... Sam Trammell did an fantastic job :thumbsup: well, he always does :) )

- I also like where the whole thing with Lafayette is going. I liked how Jesus' grandfather suggested the real enemy, or at least what they need protection from is the spirit... you know, that Antonia woman, and not the vampires. (Btw, as a Spanish speaker, I found their accents ridiculously funny...)

- I appreciate more the whole witch stuff now that I understand where this Antonia woman is coming from. For sure it makes more sense, although I still don't like them. :P

- Finally: Vampires need more screen time, please. Thank you.

My wishful thought for the next episode: that Pam kills Tara and Sam kills Tommy. For sure I won't miss them. :bored:

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby dutchie on Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:33 pm

I guess Im one of the few that has no interest in Sookeh and Eric. Seriously, that girl spreads like peanutbutter.
Sam Trammell, he was Tommy all the way.
Tara, just leave/die/evaporate...
Jason and Jessica, that was cute. Poor Hoyt, but he has been a bit of an arse to her lately.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby Rebel on Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:14 am

dutchie wrote:I guess Im one of the few that has no interest in Sookeh and Eric. Seriously, that girl spreads like peanutbutter.
Sam Trammell, he was Tommy all the way.
Tara, just leave/die/evaporate...
Jason and Jessica, that was cute. Poor Hoyt, but he has been a bit of an arse to her lately.

I'm with ya there. I'm also one of the few here that loves the character of Bill (and Stephen Moyor's portrayal of him). In all honesty, the extreme Eric obsessiveness and Bill loathing has slowly pushed me away from posting/checking out the TB forum extensively (thank God for Game of Thrones :P).

But this episode was a lot of fun. Possibly the best TB episode of the season so far. I just really hope the show gets back to it's raw southern "grit" and not become "Bon Temps 90210."

Oh...

...and Winter is Coming :cool:

P.S. I do miss all of you, though. It's good many of you came back :)

True Blood's enchanting princess...
Rebel
Guest Star

Next

Return to True Blood [No spoilers!]