[Official] True Blood Ep. 4.07 Discussion

General discussion for 'True Blood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] True Blood Ep. 4.07 Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:56 am

“Cold Grey Light of Dawn”

9:00PM

Discuss the latest True Blood episode here.

With Marnie empowered by spirits of the dead, Bill issues an unpopular order to save vampires from the light. Eric embraces his amnesia; Luna discovers Sam’s not the man she thought he was; Lafayette expands his consciousness; Pam gets a body peel; Andy’s date with Holly doesn’t go as planned; Jessica has doubts about her future with Hoyt; Alcide and Debbie join a new pack.

Written by Alexander Woo.
Directed by Michael Ruscio.

Source: HBO

Check STV.com/TrueBlood for Spoilers.

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] True Blood Ep. 4.07 Discussion

Postby Sawyer5665 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:02 am

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

JESSICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:05 am

AMAZING :O
ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:06 am

Sawyer5665 wrote::scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

JESSICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I KNOW!! I cried SO much!! I was screaming alone: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:15 pm

I still wonder if Jess is dead or not, but I have to say that the conversation she and Bill had while being silver-chained din't help the build up of the possibility. I still hope however, that Jason was able to get passed the swat-AVA team and he can save her...this whole time we have been playing with the idea of who is Jason and if he is going become something else...obviously we had a scare or an excitement with a transformation of a ware panther, but nothing happened :| , ---but it would be nice if his feary bloodlines would count for something, even if it isn't as strong as Sookie's, or that the powers just rely on them (Half Fearies) growing up and deeply caring about the others (which the vamp blood could account as an additional or vital trigger in this process)

The conversation they had itself was also interesting because I noticed that Marnie/Astonia had yet to take over the motor skills of anyone none Vampire (Necromancers only control the dead)...Going back to the idea that Lafayette is also like Marnie, a medium, I have to ask if the spirit of Vampires exist, or spirits of fearies exist after they move on from the planet-(although with Fearies that seems more complicated as they have there own demansion, alternate universe, and/or spiritual plan of existence)--I am trying to remember if Godric appeared to Eric after his death, besides within a dream state, and/or if a dream state could in itself be it's own medium? But there could be more and more doors opening at what could be possible in the TB universe.

Tara, Tara, Tara! :P It's easy to be out-raged with her decision making, since I am pretty sure just about everyone is tired of her falling prey to someone else's destruction, but then I think hard about what Tara has been through since nearly day one in the world. An abusive alchaholic often times absent mother leaves her daughter to defend for herself and probably wouldn't have survived if not for the senior Stalkhouses, while growing up as an African American in the small town-stero-type of a prejudice south, she still tries as an adult to take care of her mother despite this misfortune and allows her mother to drag her by the noise for both of them to get help only to abandon her at a time when Tara really needed it....she then meets a Meanad who opporrated much like Hitler by giving her the support and love she needs, only to once again be used at someone else's expense and then of course we have Sookie double standards, and a rather crazy Vampire named Franklin who once again abuses her....and now she is getting accused of something she is not responsible for, since Pam is at her wits end...

It's really not fair of me to expect so much of Tara when whole life has worked on dysfunctional chaos, but I do hope she see's Astonia is at war with a whole race of people and I don't think she going to care about those that get in the way...but it's sad because she is going to pegged against Lafayette....unless of course the spirits who come wit Lafayette are pro Astonia! But that aspect of Tara has shown us over and over that she still wants to love maybe will serve something we fans can feel more proud of by the end of the season if she would figure out who she is an what it is she really stands for!

Anyways couldn't stop getting teary-eyed when Jason leaned how Sokkie was helping Eric and he started running to help Jessica! :cry:

PS: I was also surprised that Sam and Luna figured out Tommy so fast, but what drove me nuts was that if Sam would have listened to Tommy and and really thought about what Luna said her state of condition was when she morphed into her mother, Sam would of realized that he just induced upset confused Tommy for a second round!

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:36 pm

DarthLocke wrote:Tara, Tara, Tara! :P It's easy to be out-raged with her decision making, since I am pretty sure just about everyone is tired of her falling prey to someone else's destruction, but then I think hard about what Tara has been through since nearly day one in the world. An abusive alchaholic often times absent mother leaves her daughter to defend for herself and probably wouldn't have survived if not for the senior Stalkhouses, while growing up as an African American in the small town-stero-type of a prejudice south, she still tries as an adult to take care of her mother despite this misfortune and allows her mother to drag her by the noise for both of them to get help only to abandon her at a time when Tara really needed it....she then meets a Meanad who opporrated much like Hitler by giving her the support and love she needs, only to once again be used at someone else's expense and then of course we have Sookie double standards, and a rather crazy Vampire named Franklin who once again abuses her....and now she is getting accused of something she is not responsible for, since Pam is at her wits end...

It's really not fair of me to expect so much of Tara when whole life has worked on dysfunctional chaos, but I do hope she see's Astonia is at war with a whole race of people and I don't think she going to care about those that get in the way...but it's sad because she is going to pegged against Lafayette....unless of course the spirits who come wit Lafayette are pro Astonia! But that aspect of Tara has shown us over and over that she still wants to love maybe will serve something we fans can feel more proud of by the end of the season if she would figure out who she is an what it is she really stands for!

I like the way you tried to see Tara's POV but I guess I have a cold stone heart! I dont know, people can have very bad background and still try to make the right choices, and try to overcome the things that, as happen with anyone, happens to you.

My point is: during the past seasons I don't see Tara characters evolving ... it seems that she's always the girl who think is siding with the good lady but she after discovers that doesnt have the best intentions. Or the one who is caught into some situation that she says she couldnt help being in it! I mean, why she didnt drive away with her lover.... because of Lafayette? till now I didnt see she asking for him and probably she going to be against him in vampsXwitches war (by the way Jesus Grandfather talked to them, they will get that Antonia/Marnie is the dangerous one). This is one more bad decision she is going to be complaining about next season ...
I know shes's been suffering... but I think its time to see Tara getting over all this and be at Sookie's side...I just cant like her :(

Some of my other thoughts about the episode:

I LOVED THIS EPISODE! I thought it was intense ans sad, and lovely! and had lots and lots of vampires lol I loved it! :thumbsup:

I know few of you dont care about Eric and Sookie's plot! But I loved their scenes! Their conflits about should Eric remember or not.. will Sookies feelings change after that... Her recognition that before he lost his memories he would give his life for her in Dallas. I also loved how Sookie stood at his side all the time, protecting him. Without mention the first scene, :w00t: making love in all parts of her house! HBO did not care! Those scenes were pretty hot! I loved it! :D

I loved the foccus in Bill and Jess' rellationship ... so beautiful the conversation, she trying to convince him that he did well to turn her into a vampire! Their relationship is one of my favorites. It was extremely sad, I almost died crying watching Jessica going to meet the sun! And I was so excited because Jason was going to the house to save her! but the last scene was just soooooo :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

As I suspected, the ghost who was with baby Mike was seen by Lafayette, who is she? I am very curious, I think she will help Lafayette in the war !

I cant believe what I about to say but I am curious to know what will happen with Tommy and Sam! Actually this plot turned to be so much more interesting to me now! I'm very surprised!

Oh and I almost forgot! PAM! lol so funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnny!!

She and her pink coffin was great in this episode :thumbup:

and Ginger?!?!?!?! LOL can't stop laughing....

ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby dutchie on Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:02 pm

I love that Ginger always screams.
Sookeh/Eric, bullet in the brainpan. They bore me to death. Kissy, kissy, puppy eyes, "stay with me", Eric is like a kid and turning into some sparkly vampire....and Sookeh....uh...I hope he turns into his old self very soon.
I loved the Bill and Jessica parts.
Im sure Jessica will be fine, she is still a young vamp. Godric burned fast, Bill walked a bit in the sun in season 1 to save Sookeh and jess is way younger, so its all good. Jason is going to save her and because of that it will be even more awkward for the both of them.
Pam, love her.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby haphazard on Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:22 pm

Miss Ford wrote:
DarthLocke wrote:Tara, Tara, Tara! :P It's easy to be out-raged with her decision making, since I am pretty sure just about everyone is tired of her falling prey to someone else's destruction, but then I think hard about what Tara has been through since nearly day one in the world. An abusive alchaholic often times absent mother leaves her daughter to defend for herself and probably wouldn't have survived if not for the senior Stalkhouses, while growing up as an African American in the small town-stero-type of a prejudice south, she still tries as an adult to take care of her mother despite this misfortune and allows her mother to drag her by the noise for both of them to get help only to abandon her at a time when Tara really needed it....she then meets a Meanad who opporrated much like Hitler by giving her the support and love she needs, only to once again be used at someone else's expense and then of course we have Sookie double standards, and a rather crazy Vampire named Franklin who once again abuses her....and now she is getting accused of something she is not responsible for, since Pam is at her wits end...

I like the way you tried to see Tara's POV but I guess I have a cold stone heart! I dont know, people can have very bad background and still try to make the right choices, and try to overcome the things that, as happen with anyone, happens to you.

My point is: during the past seasons I don't see Tara characters evolving ... it seems that she's always the girl who think is siding with the good lady but she after discovers that doesnt have the best intentions. Or the one who is caught into some situation that she says she couldnt help being in it! I mean, why she didnt drive away with her lover.... because of Lafayette? till now I didnt see she asking for him and probably she going to be against him in vampsXwitches war (by the way Jesus Grandfather talked to them, they will get that Antonia/Marnie is the dangerous one). This is one more bad decision she is going to be complaining about next season ...
I know shes's been suffering... but I think its time to see Tara getting over all this and be at Sookie's side...I just cant like her :(

As I suspected, the ghost who was with baby Mike was seen by Lafayette, who is she? I am very curious, I think she will help Lafayette in the war !

I cant believe what I about to say but I am curious to know what will happen with Tommy and Sam! Actually this plot turned to be so much more interesting to me now! I'm very surprised!

After this episode I thought it would be interesting that Tara see's a way to destroy vampires through the whole Antonia recreation. Knowledge is power and Tara has knowledge to destroy the thing she abhors the most..vampires.
When you've seen beyond yourself, Then you may find peace of mind is waiting there.
haphazard
Supporting Actor

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:35 pm

haphazard wrote:
Miss Ford wrote:

After this episode I thought it would be interesting that Tara see's a way to destroy vampires through the whole Antonia recreation. Knowledge is power and Tara has knowledge to destroy the thing she abhors the most..vampires.

This is also true. It's not like Tara hasn't been anti Vampire since at least Sookie met Bill--So I do see a power for justification, but at the same time since I am someone who judges individuals rather than groups of people, I see that there are some people (and supernaturals) that deserve what's coming to them and those that don't--unfortunately Astonia is out for all Vamps---just as Russelle seemed to be against all humans---IMO these wars that get started are semi-unjust and eventually their will be innocent people that die. Could Tara live with the death of Lafayette? or Sookie via Marnie???---Or will Tara be able to conjur up some magic of her own??

Back to Miss Ford's response, I totally understand why you feel that way...and my first thought last night was similar to yours...Tara hasn't evolved, but then I thought, well maybe her evolution/character progression is about compulsion and the fact is she is use to making bad decisions and maybe somehow those decisions have kept her alive, and perhaps with everyone making bad decisions at the same time, something unexpected might emerge from her...

I think (and hope) it will be interesting to see where she lands at the end of the season :thumbup:

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:50 pm

I agree! Not all vampires are bad. Those from the inquisition period were not very nice and maybe they deserved what they got.
And I know Tara is not all that bad and it's probably gonna be an issue for her having people who she loves on the other side of the war, but... I'm just speculating... Even if she changes her mind Antonia won't let her go, she needs people by her side. So she probably going to put a spell or something on Tara so she stay. And once again because she felt lost, she ended up in this type of situation.
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:51 pm

Miss Ford wrote:I agree! Not all vampires are bad. Those from the inquisition period were not very nice and maybe they deserved what they got.
And I know Tara is not all that bad and it's probably gonna be an issue for her having people who she loves on the other side of the war, but... I'm just speculating... Even if she changes her mind Antonia won't let her go, she needs people by her side. So she probably going to put a spell or something on Tara so she stay. And once again because she felt lost, she ended up in this type of situation.

She can't put a spell on Tara because she is a necromancer---they only control the dead ( generally opposite of Meanads) ------>Antonia couldn't make Katrina do anything, instead she controlled the former priest Vanpire who happened to be one of Louisiana's vampire sheriffs and had him physically assault her (like the video recorders were saying when they found Pam with Tara, "Zombi-Vampires")...and it's possible that if Lafayette is medium and/or can gain powers of a shaman, then it's possible it runs in the family...I can't help to think that Ball and his creative team set us up to think the worse of Tara and her overly repeated all to fimiluar actions, only to surprise us later...

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:30 pm

DarthLocke wrote:
Miss Ford wrote:I agree! Not all vampires are bad. Those from the inquisition period were not very nice and maybe they deserved what they got.

She can't put a spell on Tara because she is a necromancer---they only control the dead ( generally opposite of Meanads) ------>Antonia couldn't make Katrina do anything, instead she controlled the former priest Vanpire who happened to be one of Louisiana's vampire sheriffs and had him physically assault her (like the video recorders were saying when they found Pam with Tara, "Zombi-Vampires")...and it's possible that if Lafayette is medium and/or can gain powers of a shaman, then it's possible it runs in the family...I can't help to think that Ball and his creative team set us up to think the worse of Tara and her overly repeated all to fimiluar actions, only to surprise us later...

YES!! you are completly right! of course!!!!! I was trying to think of some way to make reasonable for Tara be against her friends and family... well I hope you are right and they have something that could save Tara character for me

just a sidenote... I just noticed that my ginger gif wasnt working :( if you guys dont mind I would love to post it again coz it's too funny :) :blush: :)

:lol: :rofl: :lol:

okay... we can go back to the serious discussion :D
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:54 am

Miss Ford wrote:
DarthLocke wrote:

YES!! you are completly right! of course!!!!! I was trying to think of some way to make reasonable for Tara be against her friends and family... well I hope you are right and they have something that could save Tara character for me

just a sidenote... I just noticed that my ginger gif wasnt working :( if you guys dont mind I would love to post it again coz it's too funny :) :blush: :)

:lol: :rofl: :lol:

okay... we can go back to the serious discussion :D

Well at least I hope so :lol:

That GIF is best! Ginger is so great!!!! :thumbup:

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Sawyer5665 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:18 pm

WTF was up with Lafayette's hair? I HATED it! I like the mohawk much, much better.

I did think that it was kinda lame the scene between Sam and Luna where they figured it out so quick that Tommy skinwalked....It just seemed way too easy.

I agree with you guys about the Bill/Jessica scenes. I love their relationship. This is two consecutive weeks that I've liked Bill's involvement....we may have a record! :lol:

I know the ever cynical dutchie can't stand them, but I like Eric and Sookie scenes...BUT I can kind of agree with her that it's getting to be time for Eric to return to his bad ass self....at least some combination of the pre/post memory wipe Eric needs to return soon.

After reading what you guys have been saying, I started getting the idea that Tara could die at some point soon....I'm not sure why the thought occurred to me, but I could see Tara being a victim in this Vamp/Witch war.
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Sawyer5665 wrote:WTF was up with Lafayette's hair? I HATED it! I like the mohawk much, much better.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sawyer5665 wrote: I agree with you guys about the Bill/Jessica scenes. I love their relationship. This is two consecutive weeks that I've liked Bill's involvement....we may have a record! :lol:

Me too. In the beginning of the season he was more like a character I loved to hate now I like to watch his storyline a lot and Im very very involve with it!

Sawyer5665 wrote:I know the ever cynical dutchie can't stand them, but I like Eric and Sookie scenes...BUT I can kind of agree with her that it's getting to be time for Eric to return to his bad ass self....at least some combination of the pre/post memory wipe Eric needs to return soon.

Althought, as you all noticed already Ive been loving every love scene... I'm much more anxious to know what's next for them.... What's gonna happen when the spell goes way, much more than where will they go have amazing hot sex next, BUT it's not going to hurt me seeing more of that till then :)

Sawyer5665 wrote:After reading what you guys have been saying, I started getting the idea that Tara could die at some point soon....I'm not sure why the thought occurred to me, but I could see Tara being a victim in this Vamp/Witch war.

Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Allan Ball said there will be some casuallities this season.... And there is a recent spoiler saying she is going to get hurt and in the one of the episode synopsis for one of the finale episodes there is a hint about a type of confrontation with not a good ending between sookie, Tara and Debbie... So that can happen!
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Next

Return to True Blood [No spoilers!]