[Official] True Blood Ep. 4.07 Discussion

General discussion for 'True Blood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: [Official] True Blood Ep. 4.07 Discussion

Postby dutchie on Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:38 pm

Sawyer5665 wrote:WTF was up with Lafayette's hair? I HATED it! I like the mohawk much, much better.

I know, it looks like he is a member of a 90's boy band all of a sudden.

Sawyer5665 wrote:I know the ever cynical dutchie can't stand them, but I like Eric and Sookie scenes...

:D its funny that my personality comes across so easily on the internet.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby DarthLocke on Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:45 pm

Miss Ford wrote:
Sawyer5665 wrote:After reading what you guys have been saying, I started getting the idea that Tara could die at some point soon....I'm not sure why the thought occurred to me, but I could see Tara being a victim in this Vamp/Witch war.

Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Allan Ball said there will be some casuallities this season.... And there is a recent spoiler saying she is going to get hurt and in the one of the episode synopsis for one of the finale episodes there is a hint about a type of confrontation with not a good ending between sookie, Tara and Debbie... So that can happen!

I kind of hope

Debbie is the one...for one thing I already see she is going down, like Tara, a dark reoccuring path, but also I felt like there was chemistry between Tara and Alcide when they met that never had a chance to evolve--I could see that being a good choice for her and at the same time Alcide might learn more about Sookie..

or not! We'll see :PP

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:22 pm

DarthLocke wrote:
Miss Ford wrote:
Sawyer5665 wrote:After reading what you guys have been saying, I started getting the idea that Tara could die at some point soon....I'm not sure why the thought occurred to me, but I could see Tara being a victim in this Vamp/Witch war.

Allan Ball said there will be some casuallities this season.... And there is a recent spoiler saying she is going to get hurt and in the one of the episode synopsis for one of the finale episodes there is a hint about a type of confrontation with not a good ending between sookie, Tara and Debbie... So that can happen!

I kind of hope

Debbie is the one...for one thing I already see she is going down, like Tara, a dark reoccuring path, but also I felt like there was chemistry between Tara and Alcide when they met that never had a chance to evolve--I could see that being a good choice for her and at the same time Alcide might learn more about Sookie..

When I read the synopsis at first, I thought it was Debbie for sure... But considering a possibility that Tara could go down.... :hmm:
ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Sawyer5665 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:47 pm

dutchie wrote:
Sawyer5665 wrote:WTF was up with Lafayette's hair? I HATED it! I like the mohawk much, much better.

Sawyer5665 wrote:I know the ever cynical dutchie can't stand them, but I like Eric and Sookie scenes...

Maybe cynical was too strong a word....I actually very much respect and enjoy your opinions. :thumbup:
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby Rebel on Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:11 pm

I really enjoyed this episode. Every part of it was emotional and entertaining. I finally felt the threat of the witches in this episode. That ending was :scared:

True Blood's enchanting princess...
Rebel
Guest Star

Postby DarthLocke on Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:42 pm

Miss Ford wrote:
DarthLocke wrote:
Miss Ford wrote:

I kind of hope

When I read the synopsis at first, I thought it was Debbie for sure... But considering a possibility that Tara could go down.... :hmm:

Maybe "they" should just turn her and let her hang out with Pam :lol: --I mean really 'going down' could mean so many things...

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby dutchie on Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:30 pm

Sawyer5665 wrote:
dutchie wrote:

Maybe cynical was too strong a word....I actually very much respect and enjoy your opinions. :thumbup:

Oh trust me, its not. I am very cynical :thumbup:
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby Sawyer5665 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:40 pm

dutchie wrote:
Sawyer5665 wrote:
dutchie wrote:

Oh trust me, its not. I am very cynical :thumbup:

:lol:
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:55 pm

Rebel wrote:I really enjoyed this episode. Every part of it was emotional and entertaining. I finally felt the threat of the witches in this episode. That ending was :scared:

I know right? for us, Jess lovers that end was :cry: :cry: I cried so much!!!

DarthLocke wrote:
Maybe "they" should just turn her and let her hang out with Pam :lol: --I mean really 'going down' could mean so many things...

:rofl: :rofl: I was between seeing patients when I read your post I laughed out loud and the nurse came to ask me what was funny... I thought it wouldnt be too easy to explain to her.... I dont know how people outside TB world would react to those things!!! lol but yeah since Tara became lesbian the idea of them together makes a lot of sense!! could be Tara redemption!
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Michelle on Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:46 am

I think Jessica is going to live, it would of been a more powerful effect if they were to kill her for it to be the end of episode 7. If she is to die at the beginning of episode 8, we won't really be able to think about it much since the rest of the episode will be going on.
Michelle
Emmy Nominee

Postby Miss Ford on Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:31 am

Michelle wrote:I think Jessica is going to live, it would of been a more powerful effect if they were to kill her for it to be the end of episode 7. If she is to die at the beginning of episode 8, we won't really be able to think about it much since the rest of the episode will be going on.

yes!! I am praying every night dont think that Jess is going to die!! And I agree with your POV but I also think that they way they do this type of ending, gives a lot of discussion between the audience... I mean, we are spending the entire week talking about if she's gonna make it or not, althought we know she probably will... so if they are not killing her at least they are making people talk about the possibility and feel the all emotions of this possibility (I definitely felt it lol)
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:39 am

Miss Ford wrote:
Michelle wrote:I think Jessica is going to live, it would of been a more powerful effect if they were to kill her for it to be the end of episode 7. If she is to die at the beginning of episode 8, we won't really be able to think about it much since the rest of the episode will be going on.

yes!! I am praying every night dont think that Jess is going to die!! And I agree with your POV but I also think that they way they do this type of ending, gives a lot of discussion between the audience... I mean, we are spending the entire week talking about if she's gonna make it or not, althought we know she probably will... so if they are not killing her at least they are making people talk about the possibility and feel the all emotions of this possibility (I definitely felt it lol)

Yeah, It had me going! Yelling out loud, saying, No!! You wouldn't write this---you're not going to kill her! Somebody stop her!! --DON'T OPEN THE ---------- :scared: :cry: :w00t: :O

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby dutchie on Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:40 am

DarthLocke wrote:
Miss Ford wrote:

Yeah, It had me going! Yelling out loud, saying, No!! You wouldn't write this---you're not going to kill her! Somebody stop her!! --DON'T OPEN THE ---------- :scared: :cry: :w00t: :O

This is what True Blood does, especialy in season 1. Each episode ended with a cliffhanger that went nowhere.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:18 pm

dutchie wrote:
DarthLocke wrote:
Miss Ford wrote:

This is what True Blood does, especialy in season 1. Each episode ended with a cliffhanger that went nowhere.

I don't know if I would say "nowhere"---the one that ended with Sookie finding her Grandma dead and the one where Bill had to make Jess a vampire where pretty strong eps, those two things went somewhere--->Jess is a vamp who turned out to be stronger than we thought a baby vamp should (she removed her chains-but Bill couldn't move his) Jess also is our window into learning about the culture of the vampire, and Sookie Grandma made contact to her through Marnie at the beginning of the season---So here presence and importance to Sookie still plays a role and it's season 4!!

These characters (exept Tara :P ) are changing---we keep seeing new sides to them, and since this show is really about humanity and it's social discourse (or sometimes lack of), I would say there is definate movement and progression to who this people are, were, and who they want to be...but I think because this show is so cleverly disguised as a rather ridiculous supernatural comedy, it can be hard to see through it....In addition though because it's crazy in it's progress and story telling--I don't think we will get a final message from Harris or Ball until the last episodes/book are written. (I am reading another Harris series and I can see how she is stringing me and the characters along...forcing them to deal with themselves by the events they ecounter as a mirror to their struggles--the first novel was light, but the second I can tell is starting to be tighter about it) IMO the characters are constantly having to examine their morality and adaptability in order to survive and attempt to save those they care about, let alone deciding who and what those things are..but their constantly up against extremist...which sometimes then makes them extreme (ex: Bill).

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby dutchie on Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:49 pm

Sookeh finding her grandma dead wasnt really a clifhanger, it was just sad :cry:

DarthLocke wrote:I would say there is definate movement and progression to who this people are, were, and who they want to be...but I think because this show is so cleverly disguised as a rather ridiculous supernatural comedy, it can be hard to see through it

A couple of friends of mine have this problem, they just cant see it the way it is. They call it a bloody vampire orgie.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

PreviousNext

Return to True Blood [No spoilers!]