[Official] True Blood Ep. 4.07 Discussion

General discussion for 'True Blood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: [Official] True Blood Ep. 4.07 Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:09 pm

- Great intro scene. I so wanted Pam to get rid of Tara, but I know that would have been way too easy. Still loved Pam kicking her sorry arse... stupid people had to interrupt perfection. :bored:

- Talking about Tara, she has a really bad experience with a vampire and ends up hating them all. :roll: Seriously, she should be the first one to feel offended by generalizations and stereotypes. She's ridiculous, patronizing and judgeful, and those are some of the reasons why I can't stand her, at all. And this is the reason why I can't stand this Antonia witch either. Okay, a couple of vampires ruined you, but what the hell! You can't end up with a whole race only because a couple, or even because 100, or because of their past, because it is obvious they were in a different situation then, you know, hidden and with no Tru-Blood. That way of thinking is very Hitler like, imo, blinded by hate. :thumbsdown:

Btw, when Tara cried, I couldn't feel sorry but rolled my eyes and I'm sure the latter wasn't the wanted reaction. Will she ever stop crying? Ugh!!! :roll:

- Alcide's expression when he and Debbie found Eric and Sookeh having sex was so obvious. He's stupid if he thinks Debbie doesn't notice it, no matter what he tells her. I have to apply Steve Newlin's wise question to Sookeh once again: "Honestly, what do they see in you?" I can see Debbie losing it anytime soon.

- I gree with you that Jessica and Bill's interaction is great. I wish she spent more time with him and other vampires as well... the more I think about it, the more I want her to say goodbye to Hoyt for once and for all.

- As you know, I am loving Eric and Sookeh's scenes because I had been waiting for them, but yeah, I'm glad that, eventually, he will go back to his old self. I mean, Sookeh might find this side of him more appealing, but I think Eric as we have always known him has much better chemistry with her. The interaction between them was much more interesting and fun.

- Can't remember the Vampire Doctor's name, but for sure I wish she appeared on the show more often. I like her. :D

- Another whom I wish appeared more often on the show is Ginger. She's so funny! :lol: Thanks for the gif, Miss Ford! ;)

- Btw, who is this woman spirit who appears to Arlene's baby? Is she related to Lafayette? Will she use him now that we know he's a medium? Is she here to fight Antonia? What relation does all this have to Arlene's baby? :S

- Finally, I'm 85% sure Jessica won't die as Jason will find a way to save her and that only means more complications for her relationship with Hoyt. Good! :P

My favourite line of the episode was Jessica's, during her conversation with Bill: "When we survive the day, I'm going to eat that **** witch, starting with her face." Go, Jess, go! I totally dig vampires who embrace what they are. :thumbsup:

Sawyer5665 wrote:I did think that it was kinda lame the scene between Sam and Luna where they figured it out so quick that Tommy skinwalked....It just seemed way too easy.

Yep, totally... although I'm glad they didn't drag it for long. Now I only hope Tommy disappears, at least for a few episodes. *wishful thinking*

DarthLocke wrote:
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
When I read the synopsis at first, I thought it was Debbie for sure... But considering a possibility that Tara could go down.... :hmm:

Maybe "they" should just turn her and let her hang out with Pam :lol: --I mean really 'going down' could mean so many things...

I read on a blog somewhere it might be a good lesson for her if she becomes what she hates, you know, a vampire, but I'd simply prefer her to disappear completely because I have the feeling she would be like Anne Rice's Louis and hate herself even more and now cry freaking blood tears all the time *sigh*. :bored: Now, the truth is I have the feeling this could be quite possible, and if it happens, I hope, really hope she doesn't get involved with Pam... I love Pam. :unsure:

dutchie wrote:Sookeh finding her grandma dead wasnt really a clifhanger, it was just sad :cry:

I agree. Awww, I miss Adele so much. :(

dutchie wrote:
DarthLocke wrote:I would say there is definate movement and progression to who this people are, were, and who they want to be...but I think because this show is so cleverly disguised as a rather ridiculous supernatural comedy, it can be hard to see through it

A couple of friends of mine have this problem, they just cant see it the way it is. They call it a bloody vampire orgie.

Yep, and this is why some find True Blood quite difficult to categorize.

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Sawyer5665 on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:22 pm

PandaVamp wrote:
Sawyer5665 wrote:I did think that it was kinda lame the scene between Sam and Luna where they figured it out so quick that Tommy skinwalked....It just seemed way too easy.

Yep, totally... although I'm glad they didn't drag it for long. Now I only hope Tommy disappears, at least for a few episodes. *wishful thinking*

Oh, I'm glad that they didn't drag it out as well. It just seemed like they knew it all along and they had to rush through some mandatory dialogue before they could actually acknowledge what happened.
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby PandaVamp on Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:00 pm

Sawyer5665 wrote:
PandaVamp wrote:

Oh, I'm glad that they didn't drag it out as well. It just seemed like they knew it all along and they had to rush through some mandatory dialogue before they could actually acknowledge what happened.

Yes, I know. Totally agree with you on that. It felt artificial and funny. :lol:

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:38 pm

PandaVamp wrote:
Sawyer5665 wrote:
PandaVamp wrote:

Yes, I know. Totally agree with you on that. It felt artificial and funny. :lol:

I agree, but then again maybe it would be bad for it too linger too long, since Sam always get in these jams with women...This might be a way to keep Luna apart of the story line and perhaps add some conflict of interest later on??? --And maybe what comes next for Tommy is needs to happen too....but I''ll excuse the rushness, if all of these pieces fall into fun or interesting places, since we only have 5 episodes left for a long while :cry:

Pandavamp,
It would only be good if they didn't play it like Rice's Louis, who, by the way, comes to better terms with himself later in the series...I think Jessica has already shown us that for a human that had a sad abusive life, turning into a vampire could be a good thing to help one not feel so helpless...Tara and Loius have s big backround difference in that Louis felt loved when he was human...and Louis was also a hypicrate because Lestat gives him a choice to embrace the supernatural--it's just that Louie had a bad teacher and sought out other Vampire's too late and Lestat did things that are morally unethical to the European Vampire community and this caused Louis more pain, because Lestat tried to justify that being a vampire meant you had no pain, when in fact Lestate can be pretty lonely---so all in all I think it could have a different effect on her just because I think she is a lot different than Louis :P ...

dutchie wrote:Sookeh finding her grandma dead wasnt really a clifhanger, it was just sad :cry:

DarthLocke wrote:I would say there is definate movement and progression to who this people are, were, and who they want to be...but I think because this show is so cleverly disguised as a rather ridiculous supernatural comedy, it can be hard to see through it

A couple of friends of mine have this problem, they just cant see it the way it is. They call it a bloody vampire orgie.

It was VERY sad :cry: and life changing for Sookie, but it still was a cliffhanger because we are left with a body covered in blood and Sookie screaming--we didn't know if she was really dead, or couldn't be saved (even though it was unlikely the case) until the next episode...and I thought the mystery of Rene/Drew was a good one considering both Baby Michael and Marnie display links back to these characters so much later in the series.
Last edited by DarthLocke on Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby dutchie on Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:52 pm

It would have been True Blood style if she had just slipped and spilled her cranberry juice ;) If only :cry:
But when gran died it was time for both Jason and Sookeh to grow up and bit by bit it almost seems to happen, especially Jason.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby Miss Ford on Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:45 pm

wow! you guys have been busy! a lot to caught up !! great :w00t: :w00t: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DarthLocke wrote:
PandaVamp wrote:
Sawyer5665 wrote:
PandaVamp wrote:

I agree, but then again maybe it would be bad for it too linger too long, since Sam always get in these jams with women...This might be a way to keep Luna apart of the story line and perhaps add some conflict of interest later on??? --And maybe what comes next for Tommy is needs to happen too....but I''ll excuse the rushness, if all of these pieces fall into fun or interesting places, since we only have 5 episodes left for a long while :cry:

her ex boyfriend is the lider of Alcide werewolf pack, and as we can see in the promo ... there will be a confrontation in next week episode and ... I remember a episode synopisis (its episode 10- “Burning Down the House”) there is a mention about a fight between Tommy and Marcus (Lunas ex BF) ... so Tommy is not going anywhere, actually for next weeks summary it says: Tommy takes a walk in someone else’s shoes .... do you guys know if he can shif into any person or just someone related to him, like Sam?

And still talking about last weeks ending... IMO its still a kind of cliffhanger because we think, almost sure, she is alive but we dont know how shes gonna make it... Im almost 100% sure I could hear a gunshot... what if as someone said here Jason was turned into a werepanther to save her... or have been shot .... there are still possibilities! Im dying to know whats next... and how is going to happen... :)

hear the gunshot :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK3QUWaSk4U&t=5m4s
ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Sawyer5665 on Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:12 pm

Miss Ford wrote:wow! you guys have been busy! a lot to caught up !! great :w00t: :w00t: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And still talking about last weeks ending... IMO its still a kind of cliffhanger because we think, almost sure, she is alive but we dont know how shes gonna make it... Im almost 100% sure I could hear a gunshot... what if as someone said here Jason was turned into a werepanther to save her... or have been shot .... there are still possibilities! Im dying to know whats next... and how is going to happen... :)

I totally agree! There are so many possibilities to the "Jessica meets the sun" cliffhanger. I hadn't even thought about the possibility of Jason turning into the panther!! Wouldn't that be crazy? Right as we're putting the were-panther possibility for Jason out of our minds, they smack us with it! That would be crazy! I kind of like the idea of Jason NOT becoming the panther on the show....but it might not be too bad. One thing that sort of scares me about Jason trying to save her is the fact that Jessica IS a vampire and is much, much, much stronger than Jason. It would seem to me that if Jessica was determined enough to meet the sun, Jason would not be able to stop her......

....unless of course, he summons "supernatural" strength....whether it be from the were-panther possibility or maybe his fairy blood. :scared:
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby PandaVamp on Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:35 pm

DarthLocke wrote:Pandavamp,
It would only be good if they didn't play it like Rice's Louis, who, by the way, comes to better terms with himself later in the series...I think Jessica has already shown us that for a human that had a sad abusive life, turning into a vampire could be a good thing to help one not feel so helpless...Tara and Loius have s big backround difference in that Louis felt loved when he was human...and Louis was also a hypicrate because Lestat gives him a choice to embrace the supernatural--it's just that Louie had a bad teacher and sought out other Vampire's too late and Lestat did things that are morally unethical to the European Vampire community and this caused Louis more pain, because Lestat tried to justify that being a vampire meant you had no pain, when in fact Lestate can be pretty lonely---so all in all I think it could have a different effect on her just because I think she is a lot different than Louis :P ...

I know her background is different than Louis', I've read the novels, long ago but I did, :P although I have to say she's ending in a situation where her life seems to be completely meaningless as well, thus my fear she ends up becoming a vampire for all the wrong reasons. But yes, my "another Louis" comparison might not be accurate and that is because it has more personal reasons attached rather than anything else.

I have always loved vampires, but there are very few exceptions like Louis. I think Tara would not truly embrace being a vampire and that would add another annoyance layer to an already super annoying character. I think all her self pity and, becoming something she hates, could end up in rivers of blood tears and hatefulness and that's something I wouldn't like to see. To me, she would become another of those few exceptions in the vampire world. Guess I needed to explain my point better, but it all resumes in: I don't like depressing vampires and/or vampires who hate their kind, and if the character remains consequent, that's what she would end up being.

Did I mention the possibility of endless blood tears every two episodes? :bored:

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Miss Ford on Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:41 pm

Sawyer5665 wrote:
Miss Ford wrote:wow! you guys have been busy! a lot to caught up !! great :w00t: :w00t: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I totally agree! There are so many possibilities to the "Jessica meets the sun" cliffhanger. I hadn't even thought about the possibility of Jason turning into the panther!! Wouldn't that be crazy? Right as we're putting the were-panther possibility for Jason out of our minds, they smack us with it! That would be crazy! I kind of like the idea of Jason NOT becoming the panther on the show....but it might not be too bad. One thing that sort of scares me about Jason trying to save her is the fact that Jessica IS a vampire and is much, much, much stronger than Jason. It would seem to me that if Jessica was determined enough to meet the sun, Jason would not be able to stop her......

....unless of course, he summons "supernatural" strength....whether it be from the were-panther possibility or maybe his fairy blood. :scared:

:O :scared: wow that could really happen :w00t: .... because yeah Jess is super strong... how could he stop her right? I agree with you and maybe he needed something to start the process of turning and since for him and his fairy blood is not the tradicional way ..... its not just the full moon ... it's to have a motivation that makes you turn into a panther... omg I would love that

PandaVamp wrote:
Did I mention the possibility of endless blood tears every two episodes? :bored:

:scared: :scared: :scared:
:P
ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:02 am

I totally understand your meaning, Panda...and I agree, if it would go down that path, it would stink...but sometimes when people transform and see what it's like 'in other people's shoes' (Tommy, Marnie, Eric) it changes them (for better and for worse), and so if that would happen to "so and so" I would hope , like going with the rest of the season, that one's true colors can be about the unexpected things you find within yourself because of the things others have impressed upon you and your identity gets tested, shifted, and exposed.

Otherwise it would be a pointless progression and I would like this character to show us something new...not perfect instant success, just some gumption to begin to be able to hang onto and carve out something, because this character has been a bit of an escapist and it's time to meet his/her maker! :lol: :rofl:

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Thirty-Fiver on Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:47 am

PandaVamp wrote:- Talking about Tara, she has a really bad experience with a vampire and ends up hating them all. :roll: Seriously, she should be the first one to feel offended by generalizations and stereotypes. She's ridiculous, patronizing and judgeful, and those are some of the reasons why I can't stand her, at all.

I agree with your whole post but especially this (and all of your other comments regarding Tara). She's the low point of every episode for me. I get so bummed out whenever it's time for her scenes. :lol:

My favourite line of the episode was Jessica's, during her conversation with Bill: "When we survive the day, I'm going to eat that **** witch, starting with her face." Go, Jess, go! I totally dig vampires who embrace what they are. :thumbsup:

Me too! :thumbup:
It's like doing peyote and sneezing slowly for six hours.
Thirty-Fiver
Emmy Nominee

Postby PandaVamp on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:48 am

Thirty-Fiver wrote:
PandaVamp wrote:- Talking about Tara, she has a really bad experience with a vampire and ends up hating them all. :roll: Seriously, she should be the first one to feel offended by generalizations and stereotypes. She's ridiculous, patronizing and judgeful, and those are some of the reasons why I can't stand her, at all.

I agree with your whole post but especially this (and all of your other comments regarding Tara). She's the low point of every episode for me. I get so bummed out whenever it's time for her scenes. :lol:

I know, right? So annoying... I'm sorry to say, because I love the show and it comes a point the Tara hate gets repetitive, but that's the issue with her, the character is incredibly repetitive. Will she ever grow/change? :bored:

Thirty-Fiver wrote:

Me too! :thumbup:

:thumbsup:

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:03 pm

I woke up this morning with this crazy thought in my head...

Do any of you guys know how old the Moon Goddess Emporium is? The shopping complex IMO looks newer...If it would be new, say a year--then the irony could be that this was the building that was built on top of Russell Edgington! --In this episode Marnia/Atonia was attempting to force the vamps out in the sun---I can only imagine, no matter where Russell rests, that he might have started to break through the cement... :hmm:

I looked at pictures again--the trees would suggest otherwise unless they attempted to plant older trees and the brick looks old...oh well.

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby dutchie on Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:23 pm

I hope Russell return at the end of the season and cleans up this mess all by himself.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby brentoid on Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:57 pm

i stopped watching after 3 episodes this season...is it worth struggling on?
You owe the companies nothing. Less than nothing, you especially don't
owe them any courtesy. They owe you. They have re-arranged the world to
put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission,
don't even start asking for theirs.
brentoid
Show Expert

PreviousNext

Return to True Blood [No spoilers!]