[Official] True Blood Ep. 4.08 Discussion

General discussion for 'True Blood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] True Blood Ep. 4.08 Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:00 am

“Spellbound”

9:00PM

Discuss the latest True Blood episode here.

As Bill and Marnie brace for a dangerous midnight face-off, Sookie and Eric pledge their allegiance to the King. Jason is torn between friendship and passion, and Jessica is spurned from two homes. Lafayette becomes the pawn of a tormented spirit; Tommy takes a walk in someone else’s shoes; Sam contends with yet another adversary in Marcus, Luna’s ex and the leader of Alcide’s new pack.

Written by Alan Ball.
Directed by Daniel Minahan.

Source: HBO

Check STV.com/TrueBlood for Spoilers.

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] True Blood Ep. 4.08 Discussion

Postby dutchie on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:14 pm

So, Barbie and Ken went to Narnia. Their (lack of) story is getting lamer by the second.
Screw Bill for saving Tara.
Now that Bill has been captured Tara has to return the favour, if she doesnt, she is the biggest skank.
Could they make Eric look even more dorkier than he looked at the end?
Hoorah for Siouxsie And The Banshees!
Poor Jessica.
Hoyt, I know he is hurt, but what a ****.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:54 pm

I finally can feel good about Bill again! :lol: I can see his humanity returning and he is starting to accept who Sookie is and the decisions she feels she needs to make.

Oh Tara, I can tell there is change in the character, it's suttle, but it's there. When Marnie/Atonia explained to her what was needed, Tara didn't initially just go along with it--she questioned it and then caved in.--That's an improvement IMO--the fact that she questioned it. Then Bill saved her, making up for what he didn't do when they were in Mississippi...and she now has to live with the fact that Bill isn't just a brutal killer, his a person who like so many beings are caught up in things that are bigger than themselves and is just trying to survive. In addition she isn't freaking out, she's generally more calm and secure in her own skin.

I am so glad that Jessica lived, but feel SO bad how everything played out! I can't blame Jason for not just jumping into to a relationship Jess, despite what he feels--It shows so much progression from whom Jason was back in season one, that we see he cares about not hurting others and doing the right thing--and lately he has been doing just that.

Boy I can't wait till be get more story with our crazy-french-mommy-spirit. So far her story seems really sad, and besides the more obvious connection to Terry and Arlene's baby, I can't figure out at all how her story might tie into anything else--need more information on the married guy who took her baby away--and did who know's what with it?! I keep thinking what if this spirit is also anti-vampire?! --How Jesus and Laf went to find help (because they promised Pam, but so far it seems non of them care about that now??) and came back with more baggage...It would also be weird if Laf was blood related to this women...

That Pack master is such bad news---and I think Debbie is going to rat Alciede out---!

Ewww and Tommy! I couldn't stand one minute being Mrs. Fortenberry, not for a lousy $5,700 bucks :scared:

Eric and Sookie---well you would think between the fantasy she, or they had, would suggest something pretty special with blood connections, but yet it didn't appear that she was healing at all after she was shot--and so I have to ask why that is and wonder if that fantasy was more of her fairy influence, than eric vamp blood?

These eps are going so so so fast! Is it next Sunday yet!????? :w00t:

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Thirty-Fiver on Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:42 pm

Man, that dream where Jessica popped Hoyt's head like a melon was crazy! I loved it. Hoyt is cool and all but I would've loved for that to have actually happened. Would've made me like Jess even more (although, the fact she even dreamed it made her more awesome).

Can somebody tell me why a dozen soldiers would even bother aiming their infrared assault rifles at Antonia if they have no intention on using them? They had ALL DAY to fire at her when she summoned the fog and they all just stood there. I know this is TV and she needs to stick around until the finale, but take a shot for God's sake! :glare: :lol:

dutchie wrote:Screw Bill for saving Tara.
Now that Bill has been captured Tara has to return the favour, if she doesnt, she is the biggest skank.

Right on both accounts. :thumbup:

DarthLocke wrote:These eps are going so so so fast! Is it next Sunday yet!????? :w00t:

I know, right!
It's like doing peyote and sneezing slowly for six hours.
Thirty-Fiver
Emmy Nominee

Postby Miss Ford on Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:00 am

DarthLocke wrote:I finally can feel good about Bill again! :lol: I can see his humanity returning and he is starting to accept who Sookie is and the decisions she feels she needs to make.

I liked Bill in this epi too, but at first he was not accepting Sookie's decisions at all... and he was even questioning Eric about how he was playing with her life... only after some talk he had to agree... but this aside.. I'm really enjoying Bill and his plot... he is stronger every episode... it was so heartbreaking to see him screaming over Jess and funny how he looked at Jason buy the end of that scene! lol!!

He saved Tara, so I'm guessing she will release him next... ORRRR I will hunt her down and kill her myself she will be even in a worse track with fans... cause right now she just sounds delusional!!

DarthLocke wrote:I am so glad that Jessica lived, but feel SO bad how everything played out! I can't blame Jason for not just jumping into to a relationship Jess, despite what he feels--It shows so much progression from whom Jason was back in season one, that we see he cares about not hurting others and doing the right thing--and lately he has been doing just that.

Thirty-Fiver wrote:Man, that dream where Jessica popped Hoyt's head like a melon was crazy! I loved it. Hoyt is cool and all but I would've loved for that to have actually happened. Would've made me like Jess even more (although, the fact she even dreamed it made her more awesome).

I was WTF at the first sceene!! LOL then after hearing Jason saying
I thought: Yeah... DREAM! :rofl:
I was also glad Jason didnt jump to Jess arms... Hoyt is his bet friend!!! and I LOOOOVE that his first reaction after sending her out of his home was to do pushups! lol

you guys know I'm fangirl and ship Eric and Sookie. The Blood Bond thing was just AMAZING!!! but I was not sure about the Narnia sceene :( the meaning of what they talked about was great but I dunno ... it was a lil over the top for me... the actually scene where they were in the shower was sooooo much sexier for me!! and I appreciated all the alexander skarsgard's nakeness and assness and not complaining about that!!!

I think now since Marnie has Eric under her control is bye bye Nice Anmesia Eric, IMO, I think after this he is going to be the old Eric again!!!

oh and Sookie is gonna survive :| yeah spoiiiiiler LOL she will!! :P
ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Rogers on Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:16 am

Anybody getting a very "Horace Goodspeed" vibe from Marcus?
Rogers
Stunt Double

Postby dutchie on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:11 am

Miss Ford wrote: and I appreciated all the alexander skarsgard's nakeness and assness and not complaining about that!!!

Im one of the few that doesnt think he is hot, but his nakedness and assness used to look a lot better when he was a little heavier. He lost too much weight and most of it fell of his ass :( Such a shame.

Rogers wrote:Anybody getting a very "Horace Goodspeed" vibe from Marcus?

I always wonder why werewolf's are usually portrait as redneck hippy scum...
So Im getting the Horace vibe you get, but Horace was much nicer.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby PandaVamp on Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:20 pm

- I'm glad Pam's "peeling" and injections worked, she's looking fierce. :w00t: Seems like her smell is also fierce, though. :lol:

- Bill, you are big arsed party pooper. Hope Tara deserves being kept alive, but she'll probably keep on messing around, crying, being annoying and useless to anything worthy. :bored: Other than that, you were great on this epi, Keeng Beel. :P

- Finally! Jess broke up with Hoyt, and I couldn't be happier because they are definitely not for enough for each other. For sure loved the dream version of the broke-up much more than the real thing, though. :P

Btw, seems like a little bit of Eric is part of Jess' subconscious. :P I say it because, in her dream, Hoyt was watching a TV show where they were talking about some 10th century Viking skull..................... Hey! I've thought for a long while they have chemistry so let me dream a bit. :lol:

- Anyway, good for Jason to keep himself away from Jessica. Hoyt is his best friend and you don't do that to a friend... although I think he will fall eventually, his brain isn't exactly his control area, you know. :whistle:

- Before watching, I read here and there that some fans weren't happy with this episode, so when Sookeh and Eric got into the shower, I thought something horrible like blood was going to start pouring out of it... but no, nothing horrible, it was a snowy fantasy pumped by the mix of Eric and Sookie's blood. And certainly that was a powerful mix. How would drug dealers sell this empowered version of V? :O

So, even though I didn't precisely read why they were not happy (to avoid getting too spoiled), I don't think the Sookeh and Eric pairing fans should be mad. This was a very, very good episode for them. I mean, they have finally forged a serious blood bond. :thumbup:

- Why do Arlene and Terry keep such an ugly, creepy doll next to their kid? :unsure: Seriously... now we know that doll is what is calling the spirit of that Mavis woman and seem like she will use Lafayette to kidnap him. Poor Lala! :unsure: And poor Mavis, such an awful thing she went through. :(

- In her new spell to Eric, Marnie mentioned the word "servus", so I guess he will now become her vampire servant puppet, which sucks. :thumbsdown: I only hope it doesn't last long and he goes back to his normal self soon. I am starting to miss the old, sassy Eric really bad. :(

- Finally, I have the feeling that while Sookeh is unconscious, the fairies will play a part again bringing her back on her feet and, with their help, she will defeat Antonia now that we see it is kind of impossible for vampires to do it on their own. :|

Miss Ford wrote:you guys know I'm fangirl and ship Eric and Sookie. The Blood Bond thing was just AMAZING!!! but I was not sure about the Narnia sceene the meaning of what they talked about was great but I dunno ... it was a lil over the top for me... the actually scene where they were in the shower was sooooo much sexier for me!! and I appreciated all the alexander skarsgard's nakeness and assness and not complaining about that!!!

Hmmm, yes... I have to agree with you on the "over the top" part, and more than anything, that fairy chanting music ruined it for me. :bored: I also wish the whole thing was a normal, sexy shower scene, but I think Alan Ball did it trying to drive a point: the mix of Eric's 1000+ years old blood and Sookie's fairy blood can be quite, quite powerful, to the point of putting them both in a whole different world, so to speak, and maybe, many other things we don't even know. So yes, I wish it wasn't handled in a so cheesy way, but understand why he did it.

Miss Ford wrote:I think now since Marnie has Eric under her control is bye bye Nice Anmesia Eric, IMO, I think after this he is going to be the old Eric again!!!

Please, let that be true!

Miss Ford wrote:oh and Sookie is gonna survive yeah spoiiiiiler LOL she will!!

No, I don't think so, I actually read she's going to die because Anna Paquin wants to move on from the role! :scared:

:P j/k

Thirty-Fiver wrote:Man, that dream where Jessica popped Hoyt's head like a melon was crazy! I loved it. Hoyt is cool and all but I would've loved for that to have actually happened. Would've made me like Jess even more (although, the fact she even dreamed it made her more awesome).

Yes, more, more awesome. :thumbsup:

Thirty-Fiver wrote:Can somebody tell me why a dozen soldiers would even bother aiming their infrared assault rifles at Antonia if they have no intention on using them? They had ALL DAY to fire at her when she summoned the fog and they all just stood there. I know this is TV and she needs to stick around until the finale, but take a shot for God's sake!

Absolutely agree with you here. And then they go shooting without being able to see a thing... and oops, a bullet went directly through Sookie. :roll:

DarthLocke wrote:Eric and Sookie---well you would think between the fantasy she, or they had, would suggest something pretty special with blood connections, but yet it didn't appear that she was healing at all after she was shot--and so I have to ask why that is and wonder if that fantasy was more of her fairy influence, than eric vamp blood?

I pretty much think it was the mix of both of their bloods what did it so special. About the healing, sadly, vampire blood only seems to work if given at the moment.

dutchie wrote:Hoorah for Siouxsie And The Banshees!

:thumbsup:

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Miss Ford on Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:14 pm

PandaVamp wrote:- Before watching, I read here and there that some fans weren't happy with this episode, so when Sookeh and Eric got into the shower, I thought something horrible like blood was going to start pouring out of it... but no, nothing horrible, it was a snowy fantasy pumped by the mix of Eric and Sookie's blood. And certainly that was a powerful mix. How would drug dealers sell this empowered version of V? :O

So, even though I didn't precisely read why they were not happy (to avoid getting too spoiled), I don't think the Sookeh and Eric pairing fans should be mad. This was a very, very good episode for them. I mean, they have finally forged a serious blood bond. :thumbup:

Miss Ford wrote:you guys know I'm fangirl and ship Eric and Sookie. The Blood Bond thing was just AMAZING!!! but I was not sure about the Narnia sceene the meaning of what they talked about was great but I dunno ... it was a lil over the top for me... the actually scene where they were in the shower was sooooo much sexier for me!! and I appreciated all the alexander skarsgard's nakeness and assness and not complaining about that!!!

Hmmm, yes... I have to agree with you on the "over the top" part, and more than anything, that fairy chanting music ruined it for me. :bored: I also wish the whole thing was a normal, sexy shower scene, but I think Alan Ball did it trying to drive a point: the mix of Eric's 1000+ years old blood and Sookie's fairy blood can be quite, quite powerful, to the point of putting them both in a whole different world, so to speak, and maybe, many other things we don't even know. So yes, I wish it wasn't handled in a so cheesy way, but understand why he did it.

I was not mad! The bond that they creat as you said was just amazing and I'm sure its not going to be something forgettable and they will go back to it! My favorite Eric & Skokie part must be the blood exchange scene. It was very powerful and meangful. I agree that what the narnia scene represents is bigger than the cheesy feeling that it brought to me at the time... They talked about realizing how possible and unbelievable it was to be really loving each other! That love is going to last! I'm sure!
The other thing that this episode show is the contrast between what Sookie had with Bill and with Eric in terms of blood receiving... I was thinking why she was so surprised sbou Eric offering her he's blood... She only took it from Bill to heal! Also, as you said, the fact of the years "inside" the blood making it so much more especial and the combination of that with the fairy blood... Hmm mm I would love some of that myself lol

So after this episode, once more I want my sheriff back! And maybe a badass Eric with a lil bit of humanity and being afraid of his feelings, coz I'm not sure if he is going to remember the moments but I'm sure he will remember his love for her!
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:52 pm

PandaVamp wrote:- I'm glad Pam's "peeling" and injections worked, she's looking fierce. :w00t: Seems like her smell is also fierce, though. :lol:

- Bill, you are big arsed party pooper. Hope Tara deserves being kept alive, but she'll probably keep on messing around, crying, being annoying and useless to anything worthy. :bored: Other than that, you were great on this epi, Keeng Beel. :P

Pam looks great! :thumbsup:
--But if you think about it, Tara hasn't cried or run away this season once! She's not exactly the same as before...She's attempting to take charge--though this almost mirrors season 2--there are also opposites at work--she saved her friend, unlike Eggs, Marnie/Antonia only directly the dead, where as Maryanne controlled the living, there for Tara's actions are more her own---I see an evolution, great writing---but it better pay off in the way I think it will or I might beat you guys to the hunt... :whistle:

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby PandaVamp on Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:05 pm

Miss Ford wrote:I was not mad!

Oh no, wasn't talking about you. Just a couple of people in my Facebook and Twitter. ;)

Miss Ford wrote:The bond that they creat as you said was just amazing and I'm sure its not going to be something forgettable and they will go back to it! My favorite Eric & Skokie part must be the blood exchange scene. It was very powerful and meangful. I agree that what the narnia scene represents is bigger than the cheesy feeling that it brought to me at the time... They talked about realizing how possible and unbelievable it was to be really loving each other! That love is going to last! I'm sure!

Yep, putting aside all the cheesiness, it is interesting in terms of what they are to each other. :)

The other thing that this episode show is the contrast between what Sookie had with Bill and with Eric in terms of blood receiving... I was thinking why she was so surprised sbou Eric offering her he's blood... She only took it from Bill to heal! Also, as you said, the fact of the years "inside" the blood making it so much more especial and the combination of that with the fairy blood... Hmm mm I would love some of that myself lol

Yep, she was quite surprised about that because it was more of an exchange: I take yours, you take mine, thus we are one. And then the way she reacted to it, especially during this dialogue:

Sookie: It's a miracle...
Eric: What is?
Sookie: You... your blood... it's amazing.
Eric: So is yours.

The whole thing pointed out towards mutual and that is what I loved about it. What they lived was because of them both. :)

So after this episode, once more I want my sheriff back! And maybe a badass Eric with a lil bit of humanity and being afraid of his feelings, coz I'm not sure if he is going to remember the moments but I'm sure he will remember his love for her!

Yes, me too. I certainly want him back. :(

Amnesia Eric has been nice and all, but I've always known he has good in him, I don't need proofs of it (and if I'm not wrong, you feel the same :) ). I love all the shades and layers of his personality and miss the sass and poise of the old Eric. So I agree, after all that has happened, it will be quite interesting and fun to see how his internal conflicts develop.

DarthLocke wrote:--But if you think about it, Tara hasn't cried or run away this season once! She's not exactly the same as before...She's attempting to take charge--though this almost mirrors season 2--there are also opposites at work--she saved her friend, unlike Eggs, Marnie/Antonia only directly the dead, where as Maryanne controlled the living, there for Tara's actions are more her own---I see an evolution---but it better pay off in the way I think it will or I might beat you guys to the hunt...

Hahaha, I agree she's not the same, just that in my opinion, she only gets more and more annoying with each episode. :P Oh well, let's see what happens.

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby DarthLocke on Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:33 pm

I agree with you guys. I think it will be good to have Eric back for a couple of reasons. 1. Like Panda said, I didn't need this much proof to know that beyond the political and life changing complexities of Eric's life, that he was good inside and that he really does care for Sookie...2. I think it will interesting to see if he remembers this time with Sookie and if so, how the former Eric will react to it...will he treasure it and leave it alone, or will he take advantage of it and begin to dismantle it? (He let go of the warrior with in and exposed an innate vulneralabilty--he has pride and might feel he needs to take himself back, because it's safer for them all) :hmm:

Of course he could just not remember at all, and so it's something that Sookie will hold onto, but she might have to move on, simply because that person doesn't really exist anymore...

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Rebel on Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:36 pm

I enjoyed the episode, though I personally felt it was a big step down from the previous one. I've been patient with Tara for a long time, given everything she's gone through, but enough of those frowns! Everyone and their mother have gone through a lot of crap on in this story, but none of them frown as much as her, haha. Watching her REALLY stresses me out. In season 1 she was funny. Her sharp lines and attitude contrasted her friendship with Sookie (soft spoken/sweet) very well. It was fun. There was also an intensity surrounding her character due to the fact that she is an African American lady living in the most 'southern' area. The locations and geography of these stories were just as much characters as everyone else in the first 2 seasons.

Anyway, it was nice to see her somewhat happy in season 2 with Eggs, but when Eggs got killed, it's been nothing but downhill for her (and me in regards to watching her). I questioned Bill's decision for saving her at the end. Even though Bill is trying to maintain the Vampire image to the public, and Tara is Sookie's best friend, Tara was still on the enemies' side. I had forgotten, however, that Bill didn't save Tara in Mississippi in season 3. So I agree with DarthLocke, that Bill was making up for his previous actions in regards to Tara. If that was indeed the case, then I have to say that it was very noble on Bill's part... or as noble as a Vampire could be, anyway.

I am really enjoying the Jessica, Jason, and Hoytt (to an extent) storyline this season. I think it is much better than the storylines they had in season 3. Jessica is one of my favorite characters and this is the best I've seen her since season 2 (which I think is still her at her best).

I'm done with the Eric/Sookie "fluff" storyline. I miss the old Eric. And when I say old... I mean season 1/2 Eric. And what happened to that strong Sookie from the end of season 3? The one that gave Russel an 'evil' chuckle while dumping his lover's remains in the sink! I want to see more of that side of her and was hoping (still am) that would be shown this season. As the female lead (and main lead) of the show, that would've been great for her character and would have the potentiel for moral drama/struggles storylines. I mean, the male lead of the show has become King, dealt with moving on from certain things in his past (Sookie, enmity with Eric), makes time with his 'daughter,' and leads the faceoff against the main villianess of the season! Sookie sleeps with Eric, and she sleeps with Eric in fairayland. Then she sleeps with Eric... and they cuddle.

I love Lafyette, but I find his and Jose's storyline to be the most boring one, this season. The Alcide storyline is also very boring to me.

The Sam storyline is cool. I'm fine with it as I enjoy his character. Tommy, so far, is just there to help Sam's storyline.

I look forward to next week's :)

True Blood's enchanting princess...
Rebel
Guest Star

Postby DarthLocke on Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:55 pm

^ You make a rather excellent point, Rebel, that Bill is trying to keep to a certain image and seeing him play King and thinking about his previous dealings with Russel, Sophie Anne, and Nan has kind of put Bill in a light that he might be really good at manipulating everyone.

But yet during the beginning of the season I felt something very cold from Bill that I had only felt one other time during a Lorena flashback...ever since he made a decision to save Eric for Sookie, he has been becoming warmer again...Tara too was taken aback when Bill saved her from Pam. She looked at him and asked, "Why did you save me?" and Bill responds, "You know why." So I do think Bill was telling her basically, because I didn't do right by you before--your Sookies friend and you deserved better (which kind of brings them closer together because they have both been bad to Sookie from time to time, but yet they are the one's that claim they care so much for her)----it's too bad for both of them though that while all of this is going on Sookie gets injured and only Alciede is there to save her...

But ultimately you could still be right...it could all be a ploy to get to Marnie/Atonia and to save his face...

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:53 pm

Rebel wrote:I enjoyed the episode, though I personally felt it was a big step down from the previous one. I've been patient with Tara for a long time, given everything she's gone through, but enough of those frowns! Everyone and their mother have gone through a lot of crap on in this story, but none of them frown as much as her, haha. Watching her REALLY stresses me out. In season 1 she was funny. Her sharp lines and attitude contrasted her friendship with Sookie (soft spoken/sweet) very well. It was fun. There was also an intensity surrounding her character due to the fact that she is an African American lady living in the most 'southern' area. The locations and geography of these stories were just as much characters as everyone else in the first 2 seasons.

Anyway, it was nice to see her somewhat happy in season 2 with Eggs, but when Eggs got killed, it's been nothing but downhill for her (and me in regards to watching her). I questioned Bill's decision for saving her at the end. Even though Bill is trying to maintain the Vampire image to the public, and Tara is Sookie's best friend, Tara was still on the enemies' side. I had forgotten, however, that Bill didn't save Tara in Mississippi in season 3. So I agree with DarthLocke, that Bill was making up for his previous actions in regards to Tara. If that was indeed the case, then I have to say that it was very noble on Bill's part... or as noble as a Vampire could be, anyway.

Every week, reading all you guys talking about the episodes ... I keep thinking!! What's Tara still doing in this show!?!!!!! OMG! I guess we HAVE to have someone to hate, is that it? I cant recall but we have someone like that in every tv show we watch? coz in the other tv shows that I watch there isnt any unanimous hated character like that! Im like shocked :O is there any one who can speak in Tara's defense in this forum?!??!!? (sorry if I'm being too dramatic, I tend to be like that sometimes) :blush: and sorry I had get this off my chest. :P
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Next

Return to True Blood [No spoilers!]