[Official] True Blood Ep. 4.10 Discussion

General discussion for 'True Blood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: [Official] True Blood Ep. 4.10 Discussion

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:40 pm

Sawyer5665 wrote:Liked this episode quite a bit. Definitely better than some of the other recent ones.

And I think Sam Trammel is doing great work this season. He is definitely worthy of consideration for an Emmy nomination. He's been consistently the best actor on the show this season in my opinion. The woman that plays Marnie has been excellent as well. Ryan K. (Jason) has been good, too.

100% agreed!!! :thumbup:

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Miss Ford on Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:48 am

Hi everyone! Im almost late for the discussion... had such a busy week! there isnt a lot more to add but just want to share my thoughts anyway :)

I was kinda sad that Tommy died but much more relieved!! He didnt add much to the whole story and he was just annoying! he best scenes he was interpreted by other actors or animals... well that means something! And also AB is bringing new characters for season 5 for sure (this is not spoilers, just an obvious specullation), so its better to have at least one minor plot less to worry about when the new ones arrive!
Talking about minor character I have to say that my favorite is Terry! When I read the summary saying there was going to be this thing between him and Andy I got annoyed right away! but actually it was so funny! I loved it, and finnaly enjoyed an Andy scene (I think its a first)!! Tery is so great, I wish he could get more envolved with the vamps!

I love Lafayette and Jesus! Love their scenes and how important they became for the season finale! I hope that Lafayette save Tara from doing some more stupid acts but she is already so reuined for me that I cant even talk about her anymore!

Jessica was just wow! she is such a different character now! I dont have a proper opinion if I like her more now... its too soon to say!! but I love that she react to the fact that Jason asked to be glamoured! that was sooo rude, although that made me think a lot about the sexual/attraction power of the vampire blood! Jason's guilt was very genuine... I mean, he really didnt want to have sex with her, but he couldn't help it! it was stronger than him. I had this impression that it was JUST because of the blood! Before she gave him her blood nothing at all happen between them, and then this uncontrolable attraction is there in a few days!

this makes me consider the other human/vampire interection in the show... the triangle... I've become a Eric and Sookie fan but before that I was buying Bill and Sookie love all the way (also the book entered in life after I started watching the show and I knew that the show treated the relationships very different so I tried to not get influenciated by that when I was watching the show). But after season 3 I was kind desappointed with Bills love and how everything happened between them ... considering the power of the blood, that as you can see is pretty strong, Sookie had a HUGE amont of his blood just right after she met him and continous have that for the whole time she was with him, and he kept feeding from her (wich I think keeps the connection stronger). Is that why she was so attached to him, is that why she thinks she's still in love with him? cuz she just happened to get his blood again (just watch the first episode of season 4 - how she was hurt and hating him! or that scene in his house when she was deffeding Eric? Where did the hate go? - I think its the blood that changed everything!)

Well, about Eric, she really drunk his blood after she was already falling for him but she had tasted it before, when Eric tricked Sookie to drink his blood in Dallas, that was enough to give her the sexual attraction, but not to fall in love or to have uncontrolable urge towards him (like Jason for Jessica)? her feelings for Eric completly changed before she had his blood again, or that also had to do with the blood she had a year before?.... I dont know! Im not sure how much vampire blood you would need to get the different types of emotions, or maybe Im putting this too simple! My point is, although I'm a shipper of E/S, maybe what she feels towards both vampires, as she said, is just chymical! That's why I think she will end up this season alone! get the blood out of her system and re-think what is emotion - love and what is vampire blood talking! It's also unfair for both Eric and Bill if she just say that she loves them both! if they really love her, wich I believe they do, they deverse better!

And talking about Eric's love I agree with Pampa, I love that they gave Eric's memory back, and all of it! I wasnt expecting that he would come to the realization of his feeling so soon and actually declaring himself to her! he really is crazy about her!! Sookie was honnest, first I was mad but we have to get drama!! who Sookie is going to choose and blablalah!! .......... I hate triangles (lol) so Im just shipping Eric with Miss Ford right now!! :)
ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby dutchie on Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:33 pm

Sookeh already liked Bill before she had his blood. I also think the blood isnt that strong, I mean, Sam had loads of Bill blood, but it just stayed with sexy dreams(loved that one) for him...as far as we know.
And Jason never used to need vampire blood to screw anyone, even if it might be wrong.
As for Sookeh and Eric, she started to like him once he started acting like a sparkly vampire, now that he is a real vampire again, you can she her doubts.
But you never know what the writers will do.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:56 pm

dutchie wrote:Sookeh already liked Bill before she had his blood. I also think the blood isnt that strong, I mean, Sam had loads of Bill blood, but it just stayed with sexy dreams(loved that one) for him...as far as we know.
And Jason never used to need vampire blood to screw anyone, even if it might be wrong.
As for Sookeh and Eric, she started to like him once he started acting like a sparkly vampire, now that he is a real vampire again, you can she her doubts.
But you never know what the writers will do.

I don't know if it's not just the blood...after what Jason went through with Crystal and the werepanthers, I do think Jessica's blood has something to do with his actions...but I also think what happened with Crysatal and the werepanthers changed him emotionally and perhaps only wants a deep connection and so I think it's hard to say which way it really is with him...but it could be a comination of both things, but I think it is very noble of Jason to want to take the time to see which way it is...

As for Jess, she's a little like Sookie, she wants to pretend that there is no posibility that something material like vamp blood can change one's physiology -- which then can change how one feels about something...but if we look at all the V-addicts we know that is pretty powerful stuff. -It's transformative. Then on top of that we also don't know if being a part Fea also has some kind of additional effect when Fea's has certain blood, but considering Sookie's previous experience with Eric, I would say so.

The mythology IMO is complicated...because life is complicated, but I think that's why the show is so good!

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:27 pm

Yeah, I think Sookie was interested in Bill before the blood, but i was more because he was a vampire, the first she ever met (and a very good looking one). Bill made sure she had his blood right away, to creat the connection, that was completely intentioned. He even confessed that last season finale. Would Sookie fall in love with him if he didn't give her his blood, my bet is yes! That's a good possibility but we will never know that because that's not how Bill conducted their story, he gave the blood right away.
Now, Eric. She felt in love with this different Eric, but this vampire is in fact the same person, but that was just a deep layer he hid before, and for my surprise the writers decide to keep this and mix it with the old Eric! I say this cuz he got back his sarcasm (saying how lovable Bill was) but also told Sookie he loved her right after she tells she has feeling for Bill too... This is a changed man! I can't wait to see how this new Eric is going to be written! But anyway, if Sookie can deal with the badass part of him and see how romantic (at least I think this is romantic) is for a cold stone heart guy, who stated several times how he could not love humans changed his world for her, she can give them 2 a chance!

As for Jason and Jess, maybe I put the blood thing too simple, while I was writing that I was affraid I was doing it!I just felt so sorry for Jason, how he is eventually going to lose the only relationship, besides Sookie's, that he can count on, we've been seeing since season 1 this bromance... Jason can be stupid for a lot of things but he knows how important Hoyt is in his life! So what I thoughtwas, well what he feels for Jess must be pretty strong so he can jeopardize that! And I believe to have a feeling this strong in a couple of days... this blood must be more powerful than I thought! But dutchie brought up other examples and those let me think back....I can't blame all in the blood, of course , also as DarthLocke said, everything is very complex and complicated... The blood has to be mixed in a favorable situation, otherwise is just going to give a couple of weird dreams... I think the dreams become more complicate feelings if the person allows it.... Of course Sam didn't continue or enjoyed the thoughts about Bill, but Jason and Sookie probably did and started reconsider these vampire as a love interest even more after tasted their bloods
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:01 pm

^ I think you make another great point...the dreams themselves are reflective to the possibility of one's feelings being transformed--like you said it might just open up a window of possibility, but maybe the dreams themselves and the extension of continuing to dream does also depend on the open-mindness of a person... :hmm:

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby PandaVamp on Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:30 pm

Miss Ford wrote:And talking about Eric's love I agree with Pampa, I love that they gave Eric's memory back, and all of it! I wasnt expecting that he would come to the realization of his feeling so soon and actually declaring himself to her! he really is crazy about her!! Sookie was honnest, first I was mad but we have to get drama!! who Sookie is going to choose and blablalah!! .......... I hate triangles (lol) so Im just shipping Eric with Miss Ford right now!! :)

Hahaha, that's fun... you know, shipping oneself with Eric. :lol: :wub:

I actually like triangles when they're handled with intelligence and, so far, I think Alan Ball is doing a great job with it. I mean, I might think Sookie is stupid because, after all that has happened (not only the last few weeks but the whole show), she hasn't realized yet how great Eric is ( :P ) and has doubts about him but I also understand that she still loves Bill and that it doesn't matter what he did to her, she can't help it as to stop loving someone is not that easy. I don't know but I respect her so much for being honest instead of giving false expectations or later seeing her go with one and then the other like certain character I hated from certain show. :whistle:

Of course, it is a sad situation for Eric because, supposedly, he hasn't loved for many, many years and now that he does, he is getting his heart broken after a heart melting declaration of love but I think he will soon realize that because of this he can actually trust Sookie and not the opposite. I am certain he won't give up, he has a pretty strong will and, being 1000+ years old, I think he knows how to be patient while he plays his cards, we've seen it before and hope we see him do it again. :)

About the blood, I think it influences on attraction and sexuality but can't ultimately decide who you really have feelings for. Now, the mix of vampire blood and feelings... that I think is the real heavy stuff. Poor Sookie, she has to handle not one but two vampire loves. :O

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Miss Ford on Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:08 am

PandaVamp wrote: Of course, it is a sad situation for Eric because, supposedly, he hasn't loved for many, many years and now that he does, he is getting his heart broken after a heart melting declaration of love but I think he will soon realize that because of this he can actually trust Sookie and not the opposite. I am certain he won't give up, he has a pretty strong will and, being 1000+ years old, I think he knows how to be patient while he plays his cards, we've seen it before and hope we see him do it again. :)

I hope you're right! I was affraid that the fact that Sookie broked his heart would send him back to only darkness, or he could nto forgive her or something like that! the only thing that makes me hold on in the idea that they still have a lot to live together is because he said "I love you" to her even thoug she told him about her feeling for Bill! :)
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby PandaVamp on Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:50 am

Miss Ford wrote:
PandaVamp wrote: Of course, it is a sad situation for Eric because, supposedly, he hasn't loved for many, many years and now that he does, he is getting his heart broken after a heart melting declaration of love but I think he will soon realize that because of this he can actually trust Sookie and not the opposite. I am certain he won't give up, he has a pretty strong will and, being 1000+ years old, I think he knows how to be patient while he plays his cards, we've seen it before and hope we see him do it again. :)

I hope you're right! I was affraid that the fact that Sookie broked his heart would send him back to only darkness, or he could nto forgive her or something like that! the only thing that makes me hold on in the idea that they still have a lot to live together is because he said "I love you" to her even thoug she told him about her feeling for Bill! :)

Exactly, I think he won't give up, not so easily... :) I expect things to be awkward between them for a little while, though, but the most exciting thing will be to see how Eric deals with these new found feelings of his, you know, more layers and growth and all that stuff. Can't wait! :D

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Previous

Return to True Blood [No spoilers!]