[Official] True Blood Ep. 4.12 *SEASON FINALE*

General discussion for 'True Blood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] True Blood Ep. 4.12 *SEASON FINALE*

Postby PandaVamp on Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:02 am

"And When I Die"

9:00PM

Discuss True Blood's Season Finale Episode here.

It’s Samhain, Wicca’s greatest holy day, and spirits of the dead surface in Bon Temps, giving Sookie some valuable allies to combat Marnie’s newest incarnation. Lafayette’s latest medium encounter imperils his relationship with Jesus; Jason finds confession good for the soul, but not the body; Alcide makes a heartfelt appeal to the woman he loves; Terry receives an unexpected visitor at Merlotte’s; Sam and Luna envision a storybook ending, for once; Nan wears out her welcome with Bill and Eric. As Season Four comes to a shattering conclusion, Debbie confronts Sookie and Tara with deadly consequences, and the denizens of Bon Temps brace for a new crisis with a familiar face.

Written by Raelle Tucker.
Directed by Scott Winant.

Source: HBO

Check STV.com/TrueBlood for Spoilers.

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] True Blood Ep. 4.12 *SEASON FINALE*

Postby Sawyer5665 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:05 am

Bye bye Tara.
Bye bye Jesus.
Bye bye Debbie.
Bye bye Nan.

Welcome back, Russell!!!
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby PandaVamp on Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:09 pm

Sawyer5665 wrote:Bye bye Tara.

Bye bye. Finally!!! :D

Bye bye Jesus.

Aww, that made me sad. :(
Stupid Marnie, what was her "revenge" about anyway? Pathetic until the very end. :roll:

Bye bye Debbie.

She got what she asked for. :sneaky:

Bye bye Nan.

I don't know what she was after but... Bye. :|

Welcome back, Russell!!!

:w00t:

This is so sweet! :thumbsup:

Also... welcome back Steve Newlin? Vampire Steve Newlin? :S
Is good old Russell behind this? :P

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby frekkells on Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:53 pm

PandaVamp wrote:
Sawyer5665 wrote:Bye bye Tara.

Bye bye. Finally!!! :D

RIP Tara, I'll miss you, especially the season one Tara.

I'm done with the Sookie/Bill/Eric drama. I like Bill and Eric together. They make a good team.

I didn't want Debbie with Alcide, but don't really want Sookie with him either. If Sookie does end up with him, I'm sure it will only be for a season anyway.

Sam seemed at peace and happy the end of the episode. I'm sure he'll whoop the werewolf's butt.

"Zombies are the new vampires." TB writers have a great sense of humor.

I wish Russell had shown up with a great one liner, maybe we'll start season 5 with that.

I still really like Renee's accent.
FREKKELL'S FANTASY FORCE ~ 6th place ~ Season 5 LFL
Credit and Much Thanks to MAGIC BOX for the awesome banner.

Proud owner of Ben's Annie doll and line, "I always have a plan."
frekkells
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:19 pm

I thought this was the strangest finale, ever! It felt more like Boardwalk Empire than True Blood.

Although because we know spirits can hang around there is a chance we could still see Jesus and Tara sometime, but I wish Tara could have been around longer to evolve her character more...and Jesus death I thought was just horrible considering how quickly Marnie's spirit was dragged out of Lafayette and mind was changed...

I have to wonder if the demon is with Lafayette now and what that will mean for him, since he is also a medium?

I was glad to see Holly come more into her own...and the irony of her Halloween costume might turn ten fold if her and Andy date and Mariella comes back to use Andy....

Everyone was left in such a precarious situation...Sam, Jason (totally didn't see Newlin coming!), Arlene (I did expect to see Rene), Sookie, Eric and Bill (I guess they are rougue now?), Pam...It's like everything is upside down.

Really the episode left me a bit numb, as if I were the one who got. I am going to watch it again to see if I feel any different, but I have to say, besides the wonderful scene in the parking garage (YaY Russell will be back), and seeing Scott Foley :wub: , Newlin (fellowship of the sun), and Mariella (fea who seduced Andy), I can only see a glmpse of what Season 5 may be...

Fea War, verses Vampire politics (Russell out for revenge, Bill and Eric on the run from the authority while also dealing with Russell-whom maybe have to work together--and there could be a new King, Sam dealing with the warewolves- shifter verses ware, Crystal coming back and saying she's pregnant which will ruin Jess and Jason's relationship, while Jess may start fighting agianst the fellowship of the sun, Terry and Patrick revealing volatile natures (PTSD), and who knows what the heck else.... :scared: --But I think this season opened the door to all things BIG --and so I do think season 5 will be pretty amazing because of what season for sets up for us.
Last edited by DarthLocke on Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby PandaVamp on Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:20 pm

frekkells wrote:I didn't want Debbie with Alcide, but don't really want Sookie with him either. If Sookie does end up with him, I'm sure it will only be for a season anyway.

Yep, I don't think they would last. Sookie is already in love and not with one but two vampires, and she obviously won't be successful in her attempt to stay away from them. Eventually, Alcide will grow tired of it.

I personally can't see any chemistry between them either.

Sam seemed at peace and happy the end of the episode. I'm sure he'll whoop the werewolf's butt.

I really hope so, that left me worried. :unsure:

"Zombies are the new vampires." TB writers have a great sense of humor.

That was great and so true. :lol: I personally can't wait for The Walking Dead to start. :thumbsup:

Another line I laughed with was the "gay stormtroopers" one. :lol:

I still really like Renee's accent.

Ha! I certainly forgot how to follow him... had to listen a couple of times to get all of what he said. :P

Btw, also forgot to mention Pam was heartbreaking last night. :( So sad. It was a nice touch to see Ginger supporting her.

EDIT:
DarthLocke wrote:...and Jesus death I thought was just horrible considering how quickly Marnie's spirit was dragged out of Lafayette and mind was changed...

Yep, I think that is what frustrated me the most about it... it was a sad situation, specially when I was liking him more and more. :( I hope we do see him again.

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:44 pm

PandaVamp wrote:
EDIT:
DarthLocke wrote:...and Jesus death I thought was just horrible considering how quickly Marnie's spirit was dragged out of Lafayette and mind was changed...

Yep, I think that is what frustrated me the most about it... it was a sad situation, specially when I was liking him more and more. :( I hope we do see him again.

Yeah...

I still wonder if that really is the end of Marnie...if it was done on a turn of hat, because it plays on her own restlessness?? (thinking about how souls can be restless and appear: Atonia, Mavis, Rene) Or if the writters just suddenly realized they were rushed for time????

Anyways I thought Jesus was a neat character and becoming more and more likable. He was someone who had really restled and learned how to tame his demons...but I can only hope he may be there to help Lafayette deal with his now...

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Sawyer5665 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:54 pm

Has Jason ever been glamoured? Sookie can't be glamoured, so I wonder if Jason can?? If not, then he can easily keep Vampire Newlin at bay...at least at his house.

I wonder who that wolf was that was growling at Sam? It wasn't Alcide, and Debbie and Marcus are dead. I have a feeling that it's more than just one of Marcus' pack coming back for revenge.

I agree that next season is a huge mystery. I really don't have any idea what direction the show will take.

Season one ended with the threat of Mary Ann.
Season two(season of the Maenad) ended with Bill being kidnapped.
Season three(season of the werewolf) ended with Sookie disappearing.
What's the real cliffhanger for season four(season of the witch) that sets up season five?? Sure, there's some small stuff here and there...and of course the comeback of Russell. I'm sure Russell will factor hugely into season five, but is that going to be the primary story?

I hope to see more about shifters next season.
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:15 pm

Sawyer5665 wrote:Season one ended with the threat of Mary Ann.
Season two(season of the Maenad) ended with Bill being kidnapped.
Season three(season of the werewolf) ended with Sookie disappearing.
What's the real cliffhanger for season four(season of the witch) that sets up season five?? Sure, there's some small stuff here and there...and of course the comeback of Russell. I'm sure Russell will factor hugely into season five, but is that going to be the primary story?

I hope to see more about shifters next season.

I think its Russel coming back for sure!

YAY Tara is DEAD!! cant you believe this?!!?! Actually I kind of CANT LOL I dunno, since this was the actual cliffhanger I only will believe its the end of Tara next season, I mean the vampire still can turn her...(I hope Im wrong though)

And Vampire Newlin thing was awesoooooooooome!! cant wait to see more of that!! who is his maker!!?!?!

Im also glad Sookie chose herself! and I cant stand Sookie/Alcide as a couple... ZERO chemistry.. it just doest fit!

Eric and Bill bromance was so much fun to watch! lol the match pajamas and everything :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: they need to keep going with that! talking about the viking vampire he had the best lines... "Hi Nan .... and gay stormtroopers!" :lol:
ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby PandaVamp on Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:29 pm

DarthLocke wrote:I still wonder if that really is the end of Marnie...if it was done on a turn of hat, because it plays on her own restlessness?? (thinking about how souls can be restless and appear: Atonia, Mavis, Rene) Or if the writters just suddenly realized they were rushed for time????

To be honest, I hope it's the second option and we don't see her again... :P

Anyways I thought Jesus was a neat character and becoming more and more likable. He was someone who had really restled and learned how to tame his demons...but I can only hope he may be there to help Lafayette deal with his now...

Oh yes, me too. Putting aside all this witches/brujería mess, I think he was a good influence on Lafayette, who was starting to love again, probably after a long time. After all that happened, I think poor Lafayette will need all the help he can get.

Sawyer5665 wrote:Has Jason ever been glamoured? Sookie can't be glamoured, so I wonder if Jason can?? If not, then he can easily keep Vampire Newlin at bay...at least at his house.

He was once, by Pam at Fangtasia. :D

What I can't remember is if vampires can glamour someone if that person is inside the house and they haven't been invited in.

Sawyer5665 wrote:What's the real cliffhanger for season four(season of the witch) that sets up season five?? Sure, there's some small stuff here and there...and of course the comeback of Russell. I'm sure Russell will factor hugely into season five, but is that going to be the primary story?

I hope it is because I think him coming back is actually huge and one of my favourite cliffhangers. I really want a mostly vampires 5th season... so far, so good with the ultimate vampire villain coming out. :D

Miss Ford wrote:YAY Tara is DEAD!! cant you believe this?!!?!

YAY! Happy Days
No more chin trembling, no more Tara crying... :w00t:

And more important, I'm happy Lafayette wasn't the casualty. There were all kinds of rumours out there so I was worried... good thing my wish came true at the end. :D

Miss Ford wrote:Actually I kind of CANT LOL I dunno, since this was the actual cliffhanger I only will believe its the end of Tara next season, I mean the vampire still can turn her...(I hope Im wrong though)

If I'm not wrong, to become a vampire in True Blood, the person must be on the verge of death first, then drink vampire blood and then be buried and spend the night there to complete the transformation.

The thing is, we saw part of her brains coming out of her skull and when Sookie grabbed her, her head was resting in a blood pool... so, unless she comes back as a zombie next season or as some kind of debrained vampire-zombie hybrid, I think we're done with Tara, for good. I mean, I think she died instantly, no suffering, but given the case she didn't and any vampire turned her, I think she'd be heavily retarded. :unsure:

Of course, now that Lafayette is a medium, they can always bring her back as a ghost, I think that's more plausible and what's actually going to happen...

Miss Ford wrote:Eric and Bill bromance was so much fun to watch! lol the match pajamas and everything they need to keep going with that! talking about the viking vampire he had the best lines... "Hi Nan .... and gay stormtroopers!"

:lol: That was hilarious.
Also: "Excuse me... we're feeling a little crispy up here" That + their facial expressions made me :rofl:

I also hope Eric and Bill can always find a way to work together at the end for the greater good despite their rivalry because of their love for Sookie. It's not going to be easy, but seems like they were on the right path during this episode. Good.

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Finli Otego on Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:29 pm

PandaVamp wrote:
Sawyer5665 wrote:What's the real cliffhanger for season four(season of the witch) that sets up season five?? Sure, there's some small stuff here and there...and of course the comeback of Russell. I'm sure Russell will factor hugely into season five, but is that going to be the primary story?

I hope it is because I think him coming back is actually huge and one of my favourite cliffhangers. I really want a mostly vampires 5th season... so far, so good with the ultimate vampire villain coming out. :D

Exactly this. Russell is the best thing that ever happened to True Blood, and the Vampire politics plots are always the most interesting imo.

Valar Morghulis

*Thanks to Jamielost and Miss Ford for the sig!
Finli Otego
Forum Moderator

Postby Gus TT Showbiz on Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:57 pm

If Tara is actually dead (who knows with this stupid show), and Russell coming back.... well season 5 might actually just be alright :thumbup:
Gus TT Showbiz
Former Staff Member

Postby Michelle on Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:46 pm

Awwwww. why did Jesus have to die? Can't anyone in this show ever have a healthy relationship? :cry:
Michelle
Emmy Nominee

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:44 pm

Finli Otego wrote:
PandaVamp wrote:

Exactly this. Russell is the best thing that ever happened to True Blood, and the Vampire politics plots are always the most interesting imo.

I think the Vampire politics are interesting too, but I think it's because they are "known" and exposed to the public, plus, because of their immortality factor, there is more of a variety of people in their community...so far the weres (wolves and panthers) have been pretty brutal, overly stereo-typically backwoods and not very dimensional (say for Alcide--his heart is good) -And we really haven't met too many other shifters to see how they feel about all of this other stuff...So even though I too love Vamp politics and characters (Who in the heck wouldn't want Russell to come back :w00t:-he is one of the best things ever created!), I also think they have to make headway with Shifter/were politics and give us more of a variety of characters, let alone whatever is going on with these fairies!

I also think we have only seen witches that were human (besides Jesus and his Bruja) --I think season four sets us up for more complicated dynamics socially and politically, as what happens when a witch/wiccan is a were or a shifter, or if we ever have vamps dating shifts or vamps dating witches?! Let alone vamps on the run from AVL!

As for Tara and Jesus, I hope neither is permanently gone. I think Lafayette is also a shamen (healer like Antonia) --he may be able to heal her...

I said somewhere in another post that it feels like Tara is written as a mirror to Sookie - like an opposite twin sister --but both keep getting connected back to each other and put in the crossfire of everything, but for the opposite reasons. This season Tara did not wine, cry, or runaway from her problems. She was much more like the season one Tara, who I think fans really miss. She accepted what was happening and continously saved Sookie's life, despite making some bad choices --I would feel pretty cheated to not have more story for her to tell, because I still think she is in a process of shinning/transforming into a more interesting person. So one way or another I hope Tara is around and maybe can kick some---!!!!!!!

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Return to True Blood [No spoilers!]