[OFFICIAL] Episode 5.01: "Turn! Turn! Turn!" - Disscussion T

General discussion for 'True Blood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[OFFICIAL] Episode 5.01: "Turn! Turn! Turn!" - Disscussion T

Postby Rebel on Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:47 am

5.01— Episode #49: “Turn! Turn! Turn!”: Sookie and Lafayette clean up the Tara and Debbie Pelt mess; Bill and Eric are visited by the Vampire Authority; Sam and Alcide deal with an angry werewolf pack. (Written by Brian Buckner; directed by Daniel Minahan)

Inspired by the wonderful Miss Ford, let us keep the tradition going!

I for one, am glad to be back, and greatly look forward to reading everyone's comments as well as adding my own.

CHEERS :)

* raises a glass of True Blood...

True Blood's enchanting princess...
Rebel
Guest Star

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [OFFICIAL] Episode 5.01: "Turn! Turn! Turn!" - Disscussi

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:46 pm

Well I have to say I really liked the first episode of season 5! -Lots of surprises!

Tara Turned by Pam: I still think Tara may actually be a type of demon, as hinted back in season 1 by Miss Jeanette (Demons run in families/you're another kind of Demon). Beyond that there's the unusual circumstance of her death that could show us a different kind of Vampire this season. Most people don't like Tara, but I have always liked the way she was written in juxtaposition to Sookie, as they still end up in the same place time and time again (fate), I also love that despite all of the horrible things that have happened to her, she still wants to protect Sookie. I think this story line will be useful to develop both Tara and Pam further...

Jesus Body is Missing! -I have no idea what to think about that. But I wonder if he really died, or if he protected himself, or if there's something special about 'death' sanrios with Demons? --Otherwise I wonder if his body could be used as/for something????

Sookie's all grown up! -It's sort of refreshing to see a rather strong, honest, down to earth Sookie. There is a resilience in this first episode that I have never seen in Sookie before, and I like it! -I thought the flashback was touching too, because they want us to remember Tara has been "protecting" and doing her best to make other's accept Sookie for most of their lives and I think their relationship is highly important...

Steve Newlin: A Gay Vampire American! --It's clear that he basically lied to Jason about a lot of things, especially the fact that he can glamour so well! --I have an idea on whom his maker is, but I can't say, because we haven't been introduced to her yet...but there's a possible connection to season two that makes me think so.

Jessica: I love how she has stepped into her own and is starting to know how to use her relationships to her advantage, but I truly feel bad for Jason.

So what was that Holly was spouting out to Arlene about last season about (magical) rehabilitation and taking control of her life!? Clearly, even if she has become a better person, her kids seem nuts!

The Ghosts are after a specific sect of Patrick's military division! (So fun to see Scott Foley!) --I like the idea of this story line! Terry is obviously scared to death about the prospect of things from Iraq following them home...but I have to wonder if Patrick's right and that even "Rene" (which may be a ghost who possessed Drew Marshell?), was apart of that?

Eric and Bill...and Nora! Nora seems like an interesting character! -But I love how Bill and Eric have just accepted their fate together at this point....but I am really interested how Sookie figures back into it....

Russell Edgington is back! - I would think the Authority would want to do something about that! I speculate that the scene with with dragging and splattered blood was Russell feeding...But I imagine it will take him some time to heel...I still wonder who got him out...I have a couple guesses...the person who I can't name, or maybe Pam...

Oh and Yuck!---Cannibal Werwolves is just gross!

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Rebel on Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:30 am

Good to see you again, Darth Locke!

I agree with your post. I've always enjoyed Tara's character, and I'm glad plus pleasently shocked that she of all people was turned into a vampire! This will turn out to be an exciting storyline for her, and will no doubt enhance Rutina's performace in the show.

The notion of Russell returning has always been an exciting prospect, as I still believe he is the best villan of True Blood (the tv series). I am filled with goosebumps and strong anticipation awaiting his appearance this season!

As for the show's two leads (Sookie & Bill), I love the fact that Sookie will seemingly deal a lot with Pam this season. And you're right about her growth, she is once again being developed as the rising central character of the story... amazing to see how much she's changed since we first saw her in the pilot episode. Anna's performance continue's to impress, as it should. Speaking of great performances, Stephen Moyer continues to stand out as an actor, IMO. I'm honestly suprised he is yet to be nominated for Best Male Actor at the Emmy's and/or Golden Globes. The prospect of him and Eric working together against the Athority, as well as the potentiel encounter with Russell, is absolutely BADASS. It's like the badass Eric from the first two seasons is back, and this time, he's on Bill's team. WOOOT! I look forward to seeing them in action the most this season :thumbup:

Everything else about this season premier was top notch, particulary Sam. It's really good to see Sam Trammel have more screen time and be more involved in a compelling way like he was the first two seasons. Also, I'm really happy the main focus of the story has returned to vampires. That is the main theme of the story. Although it's really cool to see all of these supernatural creatures be explored throughout the show, the main element... the vampire element... has always been the highlight. One of the many things I really missed about True Blood, that was hardly appearent in season 4, was the danger and "coolness" of vampires... vampires in a country atmosphere. Those were the elements that made True Blood the phenominon that it is... and it seems to be coming back!

I SO can't wait to see Chris Meloni's first appearence on the show :cool:

So overall... it was an awesome premier. The show seems to have gotten it's mojo back, and I find myself excited to see what happens next... again :thumbsup:

Rebel
Guest Star

Postby Rebel on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:11 am

Also... please everyone... spread the word. Let's get fans back to the forum like the old days :)

Rebel
Guest Star

Postby dutchie on Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:03 pm

So, True Blood is back.
Bill and Eric together is always a pleasure.
Sam, what a guy. First season I didnt like him at all, but boy, has that changed over the seasons.
Vampire Tara, hmm, we will see. Im sure she wont be the brightest vamp out there seeing as half her brain is missing.
Pam, loved her in that stupid yellow sweatsuit.
Alcide, yummy.
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:36 pm

dutchie wrote:So, True Blood is back.
Bill and Eric together is always a pleasure.
Sam, what a guy. First season I didnt like him at all, but boy, has that changed over the seasons.
Vampire Tara, hmm, we will see. Im sure she wont be the brightest vamp out there seeing as half her brain is missing.
Pam, loved her in that stupid yellow sweatsuit.
Alcide, yummy.

Well Vamp Blood "heals", so I assume that her brain may be in the process of growing back?, but I do think the circumstance of her death, and other things, could really way in on a different kind of vampire, which I find rather interesting since the season's focus so far does seem to come back to Vampire Religion/Politics...But Pam's comment about how turning Tara, could very well be true

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:45 pm

hi everyone!! :)
Im sorry it took a couple days to come here share my 5 cents: :)

with a lot already said by you guys I only want to add a few things

*The Bromance... Im not sure if Ill buy this :/ Eric and Bill being antagonist for such a long time its hard to see to just be okay with all the trust Eric is putting into this... I can see where the writers are coming from with this, but it still seems a little off to me!
*Nora... she is perfect as Eric's sister, sassy and smart as I could imagine his sister would be, and WOW their sex scene was intense to say the least
*Sookie/ Lala / Pam / Tara... it was my favorite part, with the suspense, even knowing bc of spoilers that Tara was going to be turn by Pam, the scenes were amazing! The bit of humor and "heartbreakness". I, tbh, didn't like Tara's character for a long time, maybe since season 2... but I have a big hope now to see her as ann interesting character and her dynamic with Pam will be sooooo awesome to watch, I can't wait for that!
*Sam and the weres... I like Sam in this dpi a lot ... so loyal! and the weres eating Marcus out ewww! WTH! I want an explanation! :)

:) i can't wait for next week one! and watch out for the spoilers... I will post a few in the spoiler thread! :)
ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:57 am

Miss Ford wrote:hi everyone!! :)
Im sorry it took a couple days to come here share my 5 cents: :)

with a lot already said by you guys I only want to add a few things

*The Bromance... Im not sure if Ill buy this :/ Eric and Bill being antagonist for such a long time its hard to see to just be okay with all the trust Eric is putting into this... I can see where the writers are coming from with this, but it still seems a little off to me!
*Nora... she is perfect as Eric's sister, sassy and smart as I could imagine his sister would be, and WOW their sex scene was intense to say the least
*Sookie/ Lala / Pam / Tara... it was my favorite part, with the suspense, even knowing bc of spoilers that Tara was going to be turn by Pam, the scenes were amazing! The bit of humor and "heartbreakness". I, tbh, didn't like Tara's character for a long time, maybe since season 2... but I have a big hope now to see her as ann interesting character and her dynamic with Pam will be sooooo awesome to watch, I can't wait for that!
*Sam and the weres... I like Sam in this dpi a lot ... so loyal! and the weres eating Marcus out ewww! WTH! I want an explanation! :)

:) i can't wait for next week one! and watch out for the spoilers... I will post a few in the spoiler thread! :)

I agree! I don't know if this "Bromance" can last forever?! I def think they will bond, but surely there will other political, family, and love interest agendas that will probably come between them yet again. I think that's sort of the fun of this show, is that you never know when someone is going to turn on somebody else! :lol: And when somebody gives somebody else a second, or third, or fourth chance! :PP

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Return to True Blood [No spoilers!]