[Official] Spoilers and Speculation Thread

Spoiler discussion for 'True Blood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

[Official] Spoilers and Speculation Thread

Postby PandaVamp on Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:43 pm

It happens a lot that in some cases we get interviews or articles that only have two or three lines about really spoilery stuff, so, with that in mind, I thought it would be a good idea to create a thread where we can discuss about those little parts without posting the whole interview (although it's always good to post a reference link).

So, to inaugurate it, I'll start with an interview to Sam Trammell by People magazine, where he gets asked about being a shape shifter and his nude scenes. The last question has a spoilery nature:

What can we expect from the finale?
You can expect a major character — I’m not going to give it a way and say if someone dies or not — but there’s somebody that’s in major, big, big trouble. Also, I’ll say it’s going to be very surprising and it’s going to set up some cliffhangers for next year.

Read it all here: http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/09/10/tr ... de-scenes/

So, someone major in big trouble? :hmm: Who do you think it's going to be?

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: True Blood Spoilers General Discussion

Postby Finli Otego on Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:45 pm

I think we are being led to believe it's going to be Sam, but it will be either Jason or Bill.

Valar Morghulis

*Thanks to Jamielost and Miss Ford for the sig!
Finli Otego
Forum Moderator

Postby Iceman on Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:47 pm

Its kind of like the first season with Lafayette. He was in danger, and we didn't know if he was alive or dead.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby PandaVamp on Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:53 pm

Finli Otego wrote:I think we are being led to believe it's going to be Sam, but it will be either Jason or Bill.

Yup, that's how I see it as well. And I think it's going to be Bill... we've been discussing about it lately and I always end up getting the same impression. Also, the title and song they selected point towards that direction, as well, specially because of those cliffhangers for next year. Of course, it is supposed to be very surprising, so I don't know. :unsure: I'm too excited about tonight! :thumbsup:

Iceman815 wrote:Its kind of like the first season with Lafayette. He was in danger, and we didn't know if he was alive or dead.

Yup, and talking about him, I still keep on thinking he might die tonight for real, but will become a vampire. :)

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Ciubia on Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:04 pm

But wasn't there a spoiler saying someone major is going to die?

Help me get this straight, someone is going to die and someone else is going to be in big trouble or someone is going to be in big trouble and may or may not die?
ImageImage
Ciubia
Emmy Nominee

Postby Nick on Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:05 pm

They wouldn't put their cliffhanger on Bill. No one is honestly going to believe for a second that Bill is going to die. I'm thinking Jason. Sam is too obvious. Other possibilities: Tara, Andy, Jessica. Though by MAJOR I think they mean someone who is one of those people they were really pimping in the promos at the beginning of the season: Tara, Jason, Maryann (though it's pretty damn obvious she'll be dying or something in the finale so I don't think he's talking about her), Sookie, Bill, Eric, Lafayette, and Sam. Lafayette wasn't in the promos but a promo picture with him was released right after the season premiered from the same photoshoot everyone else did. So I count him in my list.

They're not going to do a Lafayette danger thing 2 seasons in a row, Sam is far too obvious, and no one will think even for a second that Sookie, Bill, or Eric are in any danger. And Maryann doesn't really count. So I'm thinking Tara or Jason is in danger here.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby PandaVamp on Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:23 pm

I think we still might get someone major who dies and someone who's going to be in big trouble, which doesn't mean death is involved. My bet for the major one who dies is still on Lafayette (hoping he's turned into a vampire), and my bet for the major character in big, big trouble is Bill, which is what would set some cliffhangers for next year.

:lol: Of course, as always, I'm probably wrong, but speculating is quite fun.

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Ciubia on Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:26 pm

But that's actually a good theory, they said someone major dies but they can always return as a vampire! Unless they are talking about the dead of a vampire but neither Bill nor Eric will die and I can't think of another vampire I consider major!
ImageImage
Ciubia
Emmy Nominee

Postby Joel Leo J on Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:23 pm

I'm so looking forward to tonights/tomorrow mornings finale!! I only started watching True Blood a few weeks ago, and I absolutely love it, I was in the fortunate position of watching 23 episodes without having to wait for the next episode, until now! I watched Episode 11 earlier on in the week, and I was heartbroken to learn episode 12 wasn't on until tonight :blush:

I don't see them killing anyone, more leaving it cliffhangered until next season, maybe Jason or Tara, will about to have their Hearts cut out?

They cant kill Sookie, or Bill, there is to much to tell with them, like how they co exist with Eric, ruling Eric out also.

My guess is either Tara ( who I love) or Sam, always go with the obvious ones people, its like on LOST, they are never going to kill of Jack, and on Greys, they are never gonna kill of Meredith :D

Personally, I would like them too kill off no one, but maybe turn someone, like Tara, I think she would make an excellent Fangster. Or maybe Jason??

I'm rambling now.....so so so excited, but sad its coming to an end till next year :(
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Postby Nick on Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:54 pm

Personally, I would like them too kill off no one, but maybe turn someone, like Tara, I think she would make an excellent Fangster. Or maybe Jason??

The one person I think would make an excellent vampire is Lafayette. Maybe Tara as well, but I don't know. Jason...I really wouldn't like him as a vamp.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby Joel Leo J on Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:58 pm

Lafayette, like others have said, the show cant have his life hanging on the line again, give someone else a go I say, but turning him without the cliffhanger would be cool, he would make a great Fangster! :thumbup:

Yeah I dont like the idea of Jason turning, I just through his name into the mix to see what others thought of him, I couldn't believe when I learnt he was Vinnie from Home and away :blush: lol, what a shocker huh

I love Tara, she is such a great character, please producers dont hurt her :scared:
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Postby Nick on Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:09 pm

I like Tara too. Less than I did in Season 1, but I really hope they don't kill her off.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby Joel Leo J on Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:22 pm

I dont know whether I'm not looking hard enough, but there doesn't seem any really bad spoilers for the season finale!

Tara was great in season one, I'm not a fan of her storyline with Eggs TBH, I'm looking forward to future stroylines after this one is over though
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Postby Nick on Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:09 pm

I heard one that I sort of liked on IMDb. It's sort of big, like about a death but probably not the major one in danger that everyone's talking about.

Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Eggs stabs himself.

I'm not entirely sure that is true since it was on IMDb and that's all I saw from it. This was a shotgun spoiler where the person just posted it in a topic discussing nonspoilery things.

And there were a few more "major spoilers" tags on topics with Sam's name and one with Eggs's name (probably the spoiler I mentioned above) but I didn't click them because I want to sort of be surprised (though the person who ruined it with the thing in the spoiler tags made me sort of happy).
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby PandaVamp on Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:38 am

More from Sam Trammell. This time, by Access Hollywood. Pretty similar, but a little bit more...

Access: Were you worried at all about job security early in the season when you saw what was coming up for Sam?
Sam: Well, you know, I was. Nobody’s safe, I mean that’s for sure and I was definitely a little worried when [series creator Alan Ball] said I was going to be leaving town, maybe. And I was like, ‘Wait a minute, I’m not really leaving town?’ And he’s like, ‘No, no, of course not.’ But, you’ll just have to see what happens in the finale because definitely there’s a major character that’s in big trouble.

Access: Other than yours?
Sam: Ummmm…

Access: The whole gang seems to be in trouble.
Sam: There are a lot of people in trouble for sure.

Read it all here: Sam Trammell shares secrets from the True Blood set and Season Finale

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Next

Return to True Blood Spoilers