[Official] Spoilers and Speculation Thread

Spoiler discussion for 'True Blood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: True Blood Spoilers General Discussion

Postby Ciubia on Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:29 am

Yeah, I agree with you, Eric is indeed a tease and i love it :P But still I want some Eric in season 3!! :D

To be honest, I'm just afraid of all this Sookie/Eric thing, I think I'd rather they didn't go down that path but I see the fans are pressuring Alan Ball to do so! I just want Eric to have a great storyline apart from being the bump on the road for Sookie and Bill! He has a lot of potencial as a character and I want more of him!! With some mystery around it, of course! ;)
ImageImage
Ciubia
Emmy Nominee

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby PandaVamp on Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:45 am

Ciubia wrote:Yeah, I agree with you, Eric is indeed a tease and i love it :P But still I want some Eric in season 3!! :D

To be honest, I'm just afraid of all this Sookie/Eric thing, I think I'd rather they didn't go down that path but I see the fans are pressuring Alan Ball to do so! I just want Eric to have a great storyline apart from being the bump on the road for Sookie and Bill! He has a lot of potencial as a character and I want more of him!! With some mystery around it, of course! ;)

And we will definitely get more Eric, but yeah, I think Eric/Sookie pairing fans will have to wait. (which imo, is good. Only bad thing is, they will keep on whining and crying :P )

For the way Ball and co. are handling the character and the story, I think he will be way more than a mere "bump on the road", because as you have said, he keeps on developing as an important character with loads to offer, with a personal story, and as vampire who is simply curious about Sookie... Also, next season they're going to explore more of his past. :w00t:

Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
You know, supposedly, we'll get more flashbacks with Godric. How cool is that?

I think the writers are protecting the character by doing what they're doing, so yeah, I think they are referring more than anything to the E/S thing.

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Ciubia on Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:53 am

PandaVamp wrote:
You know, supposedly, we'll get more flashbacks with Godric. How cool is that?

:w00t: Yay!!! Thats good!! :thumbsup:

Yes, I trust Alan Ball and the writers to give Eric the treatment he deserves... Them not giving into fan pressure is a good thing, I think! :)
ImageImage
Ciubia
Emmy Nominee

Postby Nick on Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:34 pm

I'm glad we're getting flashbacks with Godric. He was a good character...hopefully they dont' screw his mystery up by showing us too much. And about the big ass spoilers, I like the sound of all the new stuff. I just hope they don't make the werewolves cheesy.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby PandaVamp on Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:13 pm

Sam and Lafayette speak to DigitalSpy! :D

Image Image

More speculation from their part rather than anything else, but always fun to create anticipation. :thumbsup:
Warning: Nelsan Ellis has read the books. ;)

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby kristy815 on Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:51 pm

I really need to re-read those books. I don't recall Sookie ever 'ending-up' with anyone. In the books, I always wanted her to end up with Sam because I thought he treated her better than Bill or Eric.

On the show, I think Sam deserves much better than Sookie. :)
So, who is this Mr. Bench anyway?
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby PandaVamp on Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:03 pm

Charlaine Harris hasn't finished the book series yet, maybe that's why Sookie hasn't end up with anyone yet either. :) I used to think Sam would be a great, long term choice for Sookie considering they both could get old together, but yeah, now I think Sam truly deserves someone else. At this point, I can only picture them as very good friends. I'm open for whatever happens, though, not taking any side in particular.

Now, what really intrigues me now is that there's another great possibility in the list of Bill's kidnappers. Along those lines, I wonder if Alan Ball is going to change what happens in the books or not. Is it June yet? :w00t:

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby kristy815 on Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:57 pm

June? It doesn't come back on until June? This is what I get for watching the entire series in the course of about 2 weeks.
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby kristy815 on Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:08 am

I'm going to take a wild guess that the books and the show aren't going to go in the same direction exactly. Because the story for how Eric became a vampire doesn't remotely match. . .

And the Godric/Godfrey thing is entirely different. . .

And the Maryann storyline was pretty drastically different. . .

And Tara isn't even much of a character in the books and she's a fairly significant secondary lead character in the shows. . .not to mention being a black bartender on the show. . .and a tall olive-skinned clothing store owner in the books. . .

They are both quite enjoyable, but I'm just not sure seeing something in the books means you should expect the same thing to happen on the show. Although I'm sure it'll be loosely based on the books.
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby PandaVamp on Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:22 pm

EyeCon: Q & A with Nelsan Ellis and Allan Hyde

Just in case, I'm also posting these Allan Hyde videos at EyeCon in here. ;)

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby PandaVamp on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:02 pm

Hey, truebies! Are you hibernating? :P

Guess who is going to join the cast of True Blood?
Yes, Kahana's Captain Gault himself. :D

http://www.spoilertv.com/2009/11/true-blood-grant-bowler-joins-cast-for.html

Funny thing is, do you remember when Ausiello asked in his section at E! who would we cast as Alcide? Well, Grant Bowler is one of the first guys that came into my head. But yeah, at a second thought I ruled him out because of his age (if I'm not wrong, Alcide is a 20's something, early 30's guy). Anyway, now he's been cast, and I think he will have something to do with Sam's long lost family. Why? I don't know, but there's something in both of them that feels pretty similar, at least to me. :P

Image Image

So, truebies, who do you think Captain Gault is going to play?

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Nick on Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:17 pm

Sam's brother perhaps? I really liked him on Lost. It seems his stay was cut short there though, unfortunately. Look forward to seeing him on here.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby Joshjb on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:09 am

Awesome. :) Glad to hear he's gonna be joining the cast. Can't wait for season 3.

It's so weird to think that by the time True Blood S3 starts airing, we will have seen the FINAL episode of LOST. :(
ImageImage
Joshjb
Former Staff Member

Postby Finli Otego on Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:33 pm

:w00t:
Very cool news! He was great on LOST. :thumbup:

Valar Morghulis

*Thanks to Jamielost and Miss Ford for the sig!
Finli Otego
Forum Moderator

Postby PandaVamp on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:23 pm

Nick wrote:Sam's brother perhaps? I really liked him on Lost. It seems his stay was cut short there though, unfortunately. Look forward to seeing him on here.

Yeah, the strike kept the freighters from developing more, sadly. :(
I think he would be a great option for Sam's brother, the thing is, according to the casting calls we have so far, specifically for episode 1, although we will definitely see Sam's brother, he will be a younger guy, 18 or in his early 20's, which automatically rules out Bowler.

Here are the casting calls we have so far:

For episode 1: http://www.spoilertv.com/2009/10/exclus ... -pack.html
For episode 2: http://www.spoilertv.com/2009/11/true-b ... fully.html
And episode 3: http://www.spoilertv.com/2009/11/true-b ... -call.html

Checking them out, I would say he could pretty much play the role of Franklin Mott.

[FRANKLIN MOTT] Male, 25-mid 40's and sexy, sexy, sexy, sexy. This tall, dark and handsome vampire seems to have an immediate and torrid connection to Tara, whom he meets in the local bar. He later rushes to Tara's aid when she faces down a couple of racist rednecks...VERY STRONG RECURRING (49) THIS ROLE FIRST APPEARS IN EPISODE 302

Others which I think are less probable:

[COOTER AKA "COOT"] In his 30s, menacing, the ringleaders of the F*ck You Crew, he and his biker thugs take turns stabbing Bill and feeding on him. Coot hates being told what to do...VERY STRONG RECURRING (3)

[CALVIN NORRIS] This big, rugged, bare-chested man in his 40s is upset when the police arrive with a warrant to search his rundown trailer...2 lines, 1 scene in this episode; STRONG RECURRING (50)

And finally the last one I can still see him in, but I really, really doubt:

[JOE LEE MICKENS] Male. 50s, Melinda's husband, he's a dirt poor, poorly educated man who is also amazed when he realizes Sam's link to his wife's early life...STRONG RECURRING (19)

My bets are on Franklin Mott or Calvin Norris, so far. Still, as it happens with LOST's casting calls, the descriptions are usually pretty much different than the actual roles in action. We'll see. :P

Joshjb wrote:Awesome. :) Glad to hear he's gonna be joining the cast. Can't wait for season 3.

It's so weird to think that by the time True Blood S3 starts airing, we will have seen the FINAL episode of LOST. :(

Yes, not having more LOST will definitely feel weird. :unsure: I'm happy is going to end, though.

Finli Otego wrote::w00t:
Very cool news! He was great on LOST. :thumbup:

Yes! I always wanted to know more about him. He could have been a great character...

UPDATE

Seems like our lovely shifter Sam already has a little brother. Marshall Allman Joins Casts

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to True Blood Spoilers