True Blood's Pilot - A Different Version

Spoiler discussion for 'True Blood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

True Blood's Pilot - A Different Version

Postby PandaVamp on Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:59 pm

Hey, truebies. :)

I don't know if you have seen it or not, I watched it a while ago and then forgot about it, but it has come to my attention again (thanks to Twitter :P ). Even though it is just a different, un-aired version from Pilot (with a different intro and a very different Tara... :O nothing against that girl, but thankfully we got Rutina Wesley :thumbup: ), it has come to my attention that, for those who haven't read the books, there might be the answer about what Sookie is, thus, I'm posting this in the Spoilers sub-forum. I say might, because with Alan Ball we never know. ;)

As per forum rules, I can't post the link, but you can find it quite easily if you Google for True Blood's un-aired pilot.

Thoughts? How many differences did you catch apart from the obvious? :D

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: True Blood's Pilot - A Different Version

Postby Magic Box on Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:46 am

Thank you for the heads up, Panda! I never new they had a pre-contemporay-Tara full go at it. The lady playing her did very well, but she looks sooo sweet! Rutina does bring her very own grungy edge that made her a fan favorite and is certainly closer to the Tara Alan Ball had in mind, since he kept her.

Since I just watched the Tara scenes, not willing to go through the whole episode today, I've only noticed two other differences: the shopping lady (dressed differently, of course, without her memorable purple outfit) was... no, scratch that. The entire scene in Tara's store was filmed from a different angle, and the one that aired is so much better. The fact that the camera was far from the both had a Hobbit/Gandalf perspective to it: the shopping lady seemed to huuuge compared to Tara. :thumbup:

The other thing I've noticed is that when Bill first comes in, he's more striking than he is now. I remember you commenting about his hair, maybe that's it, maybe it's more - I'd have to watch it again immediately followed by a Season 2 scene.

Thanks again, this is very cool indeed. :thumbsup:
ImageImage
Owner of Ben's red tie, Ben's Bendiana Jones outfit, Ben's bunny, and Ben's "Don't you read?" line.
Magic Box
Emmy Winner

Location: Near the polar bears, far from the Frozen Donkey Wheel

Postby Nick on Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:17 am

I never watched the whole thing. But I've seen clips of old Tara. Let's just say that they made a choice that just may have saved the show from crap-dom by recasting Tara.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby dutchie on Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:56 am

I have seen this once and Im so glad they recast the role of Tara.
Bill's hair was so much better in the pilot and also the rest of season 1. In season 2 he just looks way too clean. I remember first seeing the promo shots for season 2 and I was thinking "what the hell did they do to Bill's hair!".
dutchie
Emmy Winner

Return to True Blood Spoilers