New Characters season 3

Spoiler discussion for 'True Blood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

New Characters season 3

Postby Miss Ford on Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:20 pm

I was doing my daily routine looking for some interesting about TB to post and I found out this amzing summary of spoilers about the new characters, I only posted the characters that we dont know yet or just know a lil bit.

Claudine - a fairy

One of our most hotly anticipated characters to make the leap from the Sookie books to the True Blood television series is Claudine. A compelling character in her own right, Claudine is also the catalyst for some incredible storylines that play out over the course of the Sookie Stackhouse novels.

Let’s start with the basics: Claudine is a fairy. We first meet her in the fourth Sookie novel, Dead to the World, where she is described as a gorgeous woman, at least six feet tall, with dark hair, pale skin, and large, almond shaped dark eyes. She has a beautiful smile and Sookie says Claudine’s skin reminds her of the skin of a plum. Although she first tells Sookie that she is in Shreveport simply because of all the supernatural happenings, Sookie later discovers that Claudine is, in fact, her fairy godmother who is working her way up to becoming an angel. A strong, intelligent being, she saves Sookie from danger on multiple occasions, and Sookie becomes quite fond of her.

Claudine is one of triplets: she has a brother, Claude, who owns a strip club; and a sister, Claudette, who is deceased. As Sookie’s fairy lineage is revealed, she learns that the fairy triplets are cousins of hers, a few times removed. Tragically, Claudine is killed in a devastating battle at the end of Dead and Gone, the ninth book, while pregnant with a full-blooded fairy child.

Claudine’s role on True Blood has yet to be fully revealed, of course. We do know that she is a fairy and that she is Sookie’s protector. Based on casting, we expect that she will have pale skin, dark hair, and large, beautiful eyes. However, she will not be 6 feet tall as she is in the books. On the series, Claudine appears to be in her 30s or 40s. We’ll get our first look at her in episode 3.07 when she appears to Sookie in “a golden vision” where she imparts a warning to Sookie.
source

Caroline Compton - Bill's wife

ImageShannon Lucio
Seen briefly in the second season of True Blood, Bill’s wife Caroline Compton will play a larger role in season 3. Due to scheduling conflicts, the role has been recast, revealing a little bit more information about this largely unknown characters. In the Southern Vampire novels, Bill reveals to Sookie that he was married with three children (or five; there’s an inconsistency in the books) when Lorena turned him after the Civil War. His wife and children are long dead by then, of course, so we don’t have occasion to meet them in the books.

True Blood, as a different medium, allows for flashbacks in our characters’ lives. As a result, we saw Lorena turn Bill and experienced him watching his wife and children from afar. In the third episode of season 3, we’ll get a closer look at Bill’s human family when a flashback to 1866 shows us Caroline Compton raising a shotgun towards a stranger approaching, who turns out to be her husband.
source

I wonder if we are gonna see Caroline again!

Holly Cleary - Vampire

Here’s a twist: True Blood is introducing a character in season 3 who we should have met last season! Holly Cleary first appears in the second Southern Vampire Mysteries novel, Living Dead in Dallas, although her character gets more attention in book four, Dead to the World. She’s a minor but recurring character throughout the books, even dating Hoyt Fortenberry at one point. In the novels she’s in her mid-20s, divorced and the single mother of five-year-old Cody. She’s a waitress at Merlotte’s, and a Wiccan. Although she does practice some witchcraft, she’s mostly interested in living the Wiccan lifestyle.

The casting call for Holly on True Blood alters things a little bit. She’s now the thirtysomething “presumably single” mother of two children who applies for a job at Merlotte’s. The “presumably single” qualifier suggests that she might be hiding out from an estranged husband, thinking that Bon Temps is a sleepy rural town where she can live quietly. And really, considering this show, she must have a secret of some kind! The casting call also notes that Holly is “oddly prescient”, which disturbs the already high-strung Arlene, so we can assume she will have at least some sort of supernatural prowess. Holly Cleary will recur from mid-season 3 possibly into season 4, which has book fans pretty excited about a certain Eric storyline that we suspect will end season 3 and kickstart season 4

source

Janice Herveaux - maybe Alcide's sister

Image Dawn Olivieri
We first meet Janice Herveaux in the third novel in the series, Club Dead. She doesn’t have a large role in the books, but we do get some background on her from Sookie. We know that she is Alcide‘s sister, she’s married, and she owns a beauty shop in Jackson, Mississippi. Janice meets Sookie and really likes her. She insists on doing Sookie’s hair, a new experience for the do-it-yourself-glamor girl.

It looks like Janice from True Blood is going to be a different woman, though. Per the casting call, Janice is in her early 30s, she’s fit, and she’s tough as nails. Her style runs to black leather and biker gear, and she’s fascinated by horoscopes and psychics. She is also a beautician on the show, which should make for an interesting combination (biker/hairdresser?). Janice is very protective of her little brother, Alcide. Is she somehow affiliated with Coot’s werewolf biker gang? As far as we know, Janice is human, but with her father (Jackson) and brother both weres, she may be a part of the culture. The bit about her being into psychics suggests that she will be very interested in Sookie.

Calvin Norris - Werepanther

Image Gregory Sporleder
This season on True Blood we’ll be introduced to Calvin Norris, a character who will play a large role in the lives of both Stackhouse siblings as the series progresses. Although he is first introduced in the fourth Sookie novel, Dead to the World, we will meet him early in season 3 as Alan Ball & Co. speed up various plots. Calvin is a full-blooded werepanther and the leader of the werepanther community in Hotshot, LA. This little community huddles at a crossroad about 10 miles away from Bon Temps, putting them in easy proximity as Sookie finds out more about the supernatural world around her.

The book describes Calvin as a small man, about 5’7″, in his late forties. He has green-gold eyes, short hair, and a trim beard salted with gray. His short stature is offset by an agile build and muscular arms. He is employed as a crew leader at Norcross, a local lumber mill, in addition to his duties as leader of Hotshot.

Sookie becomes involved with Hotshot thanks to Jason and his interest in Crystal Norris, Calvin’s niece. Per the book, years of inbreeding in Hotshot has weakened the shifters’ powers. In order to bring fresh blood into the community, and knowing about her gift, Calvin offers Sookie his protection and suggests that they procreate. She turns him down but does remain friends with him and in contact with the werepanthers, leading to further exposure of the hierarchy and rules the community lives by.

source

Crystal Norris - Werepanther

Image Lindsay Pulsipher
Introduced in the second episode of season 3, the interestingly titled “Beautifully Broken”, Crystal Norris is set to be one of the more complicated characters in the series. A full-blooded werepanther, we don’t meet her in the books until the fourth in the series, Dead to the World. Her early arrival on True Blood appears to be a way to bulk up Jason Stackhouse’s storyline this season as her story is intimately entwined with his. The book describes her as a “short, thin, dark twenty-one-year-old” while the casting call simply describes her as “hauntingly beautiful”.

Crystal’s story in the book is one of secrets, lust, anger and poor choices. She and Jason are instantly attracted to each other which results in Jason – and then Sookie – being drawn into the world of Hotshot, LA, the were community located about 10 miles from Bon Temps. Crystal’s uncle, Calvin Norris, is the leader of the community and administers its sometimes harsh rules. In the books Crystal ends up pregnant with Jason’s child and they marry. Sadly it’s not a happy marriage and it ends tragically for both of them. It’s unknown how closely True Blood will follow the book storyline, but the fact that we are being introduced to the weres and Hotshot suggests that Crystal and Jason’s story will not end quickly.
source

Debbie Pelt - Alcide's ex-gf

Image Brit Morgan
One of the most obviously troubled figures in the series is Debbie Pelt, a young woman we first meet in Club Dead, the third novel in the Southern Vampire Mysteries on which True Blood is based.

Described in the book as “a tall young woman with gleaming short black hair, athletic build, and a long narrow face,” with a weird, choppy haircut, she is first introduced as a werelynx, then later as a werefox. She may take on another were role in the show, but at least we know that she is a supernatural being.

In addition to being a part of the were community, Debbie is Alcide’s ex-girlfriend and their history is complicated and full of drama, to put it succinctly. It’s an on-again, off-again relationship fraught with drama. In the books, she is briefly engaged to a wereowl but Alcide is never truly out of her life. She is also involved in Bill’s kidnapping, resulting in bad blood between her and Sookie.

In a departure from the books, we know from the casting call that True Blood‘s Debbie Pelt is addicted to V and appears “strung out”. Add that to what we already know is a difficult, stubborn character and sparks are bound to fly

source
ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: New Characters season 3

Postby Rebel on Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:53 pm

Excellent post, Miss Ford. Thanks for sharing this!

True Blood's enchanting princess...
Rebel
Guest Star

Postby Miss Ford on Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:53 pm

spoilers on the new characters

Lil spoilers from an interview with Joe Manganiello for the NEW YORK POST

PW: Your first episode teased a Sookie/Alcide connection — how does their relationship develop this season?
Joe: [laughs] It’s the million dollar question. Alcide’s in a dark, lonely, sad, heartbroken place because his fiance, Debbie Pelt, has left him. His psycho ex girlfriend – she’s still floating around, causing trouble. Then you’ve got Sookie going through her trials and tribulations with Bill. I think if you stick people in that situation – this big, strong, protective bodyguard with a girl, both heartbroken, sparks will happen. There’s a bit of lost puppy going on there.

PW:You mentioned Alcide’s ex, Debbie, earlier — can we expect fireworks when they get together?
Joe: Yes, they have a very volatile relationship. When they were together there was a lot of passion, but now that things have gone sideways, it’s very volatile and they get back into it very quickly.

PW: Sounds like Debbie and Sookie are polar opposites.
Joe: They are, and I think as you watch this season unfold, Alcide grows and changes and I think his relationship with Sookie helps that. There was a fork in the road -- Debbie goes down one side and Alcide goes down the other. I think Sookie represents the woman Alcide wants to be with, that he wishes he could be with whereas Debbie represents where he came from.

PW: Do you have a particular favorite episode from season three?
Joe: I think episode 7 is pretty amazing.

PW: Why?
Joe: [laughs] Uh, there’s a lot of blood and a lot of people die.

PW: Fair enough. You just wrapped production on season three, wis the finale as cliffhanger-y as last years?
Joe: Worse. Way worse. Waaaay worse. You have no idea what they’re going to spring on you in season three, it’s crazy. You've got the introduction of my race and a lot about where Sookie comes from. They answer a lot of questions and in answering those questions they open up a whole new universe. It’s pretty wild.

Trubies&Newbies - Jessica and Debbie

TV Guide interviews Brit Morgan - Debbie Pelt - Alcide ex!

Today's News: Our TakeTrue Blood's Brit Morgan: Debbie Pelt Is On a "Murderous Rampage" After Sookie
While True Blood's Bill is off dealing with his own enemies, Sookie has a brand-new nemesis of her own. Debbie Pelt (Brit Morgan), a crazed V-addicted werewolf who's engaged to pack leader Cooter (Grant Bowler), still has unresolved feelings about her ex-boyfriend, Alcide (Joe Manganiello). So seeing Sookie (Anna Paquin) around Alcide, Morgan tells TVGuide.com, "pretty much sparks a murderous rampage in her head." She also told us what other mythical creatures we'll meet before the end of Season 3.

TVGuide.com: How does it feel getting to join such a hot cast?

Morgan: It's such a beautiful cast. It's amazing. It feels like one of the best and most awesome things that's ever happened to me. I was real nervous starting out. At the first table read, I could barely think straight. Everyone is just so easy going, despite how good-looking they are.

TVGuide.com: Tell us about your character, Debbie Pelt.
Morgan: Debbie Pelt is a really kick-ass, passionate, ballsy woman. I'm a werewolf with a bit of an addiction to V, so I'm going on a rampage against Sookie. I'm not too happy with her. My character just takes this winding road, a bit of a downward spiral. I'm definitely in attack mode towards Sookie.

TVGuide.com: Did you read the Sookie Stackhouse novels before being cast?
Morgan: Once I was cast, I read two of them. Just the ones I was involved in. I'm not sure if I'm too far off on this, but I think Debbie is much different [in the show] than in the books. In the books, you can tell she was a badass, and that she's not a chick you want to mess with, but [the show writers] took it to a whole new level of crazy. They also amped up the trailer trash aspect. Nothing is too much. There are no limitations around me. I got to do whatever I wanted with her. There's nothing better than playing crazy when everyone else is just encouraging it.

TVGuide.com: The stakes are so much higher this year because the werewolves and vampires don't get along and are both powerful.
Morgan: They don't get along well, but that's great because up until this point it's been vampires ruling the planet because they're the most powerful thing. It's cool to see another species that exists within the series that challenges that. There are two other sets of mystical creatures you'll be introduced to toward the end of the season. There are fairies and there are going to be witches.

TVGuide.com: Who else does Debbie get to interact with this season?
Morgan: I got to interact with Eric [Alexander Skarsgård] a little bit, and I know a lot of people will be envious of me. I got to interact with Bill [Stephen Moyer] and Lorena [Mariana Kleveno]. It's mostly with Sookie, but I do a lot of interaction with the lead of the vampire kingdom in Mississippi, Russell [Denis O'Hare], who is a captivating villain after Maryann [Michelle Forbes].
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Rebel on Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:51 am

Fairies? Witches? This season is going to be amazing.

Rebel
Guest Star

Postby PandaVamp on Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:43 pm

This is great! Thank you, Miss Ford. :thumbup:

So, seems like the witches are coming this season. :w00t: Ha! I've read a bit through the web about what happens with them in the book series and now can't wait. :D

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Rebel on Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:56 am

SPOILERS: New Animal On The Prowl On True Blood

William Keck at TVGuide.com has our first look at True Blood‘s latest scary animal: a panther. No one’s saying much, but bookies can piece this together. Haven’t read the books yet? Don’t worry, we’ll decipher the photo for you. The people of Hotshot – the little town where we met Calvin Norris and Crystal Norris during the meth bust – are weres. In fact, they’re werepanthers. We’re going to speculate that this gorgeous girl is Crystal Norris, having revealed herself to Jason. Will this storyline play out with the same results as the books? We’re thinking Jason’s choice of that hat with the panther applique wasn’t by chance.

As excited as I am that True Blood is using real wolves and panthers, I have to admit that those days on set would be pretty scary!

http://true-blood.net/2010/07/13/spoile ... rue-blood/

Rebel
Guest Star

Postby Miss Ford on Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:26 am

more info about Holly Cleary.... in this article isnt clear that she is a vampire... :hmm:

Bowles teases 'True Blood' character

Lauren Bowles has teased details of her character on True Blood.

Bowles will join the show as Holly Cleary in Sunday's episode but refused to reveal too much about her storylines.

"What I can tell you, because it's shrouded in secrecy on this show, [is that] I am the new waitress at Merlotte's - a single working mum," she told Fancast. "I might have some interesting abilities that will develop as the show goes on."

She added: "[Holly] and Arlene hit it off right away, both being single, working class mums. They develop a friendship pretty quickly."

Bowles also revealed that landing a role on the show was a "dream come true" because she is such a big fan.

"When I am sitting in that Merlotte's set I literally look around and I truly can't believe I'm here," she said. "Usually I'm focused on the scene but I do have those out of body moments where all of a sudden I'm like, 'Wait. I'm wearing Merlotte's shorts, standing at the bar. What the hell is going on?'"

source
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Great Job Miss Ford! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Everything looks great! :D I haven't had much time to discuss TB, but I am really looking forward to our last few episodes of the season! --This weeks up and coming episode looks REALLY good! I am so excited about the panthers...I haven't read the books and didn't know too much about werepanthers, but that is def what I think I would like to be if I had to be something supernatural! :lol:

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:22 am

thanks, DarthLocke :)

yeah, the werepanthers sound cool!! I can imagine Jason surprise when Crystal tells him she is one of these!
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby mom on Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:23 am

First time I visited this part of the forum in forever... Nice job on this thread (and your other ones too :wub: )
Claudine is my absolute favorite character in the book series it broke my heart when she died :cry: It is a great series though I am totally addicted :thumbup:

Thanks to zeek for the most awesome signature!
mom
Emmy Nominee

Location: In the sky with Lucy visting Sadie hope I don`t get a ticket from Rita.

Postby Miss Ford on Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:30 pm

aww mom, I didnt see your comment before... :wub:

a small spoiler

Lauren Bowles Talks About Holly’s Future

MovieWeb has an interesting interview with Lauren Bowles, the actress who plays Holly Cleary. She’s the first witch that we’ve seen on True Blood, at least as far as we know, and she’s been given the status of season regular for next year. There’s not any serious spoilers here, but if you want some or at least some possible ones from the books, you can read the full article.

I certainly don’t want to get you in trouble with the fine folks at HBO. Here’s a pretty base question: Is Holly going to have more of a presence in the upcoming weeks leading into the finale? And will her witching powers begin to emerge?
Lauren Bowles: You will definitely see more of what she is into. She is being introduced and presented in order to set up her presence in the fourth season. That’s what I know, but please don’t forget: I don’t know that much! I only know exactly what I am doing once I get my script. In terms of season four, I know Alan Ball came out and released a statement that next year will be “The Year of the Witch.” But in terms of what his exact plans are? That, I quite honestly have no idea.

He did reveal that Hallow Stonebrook would be making an appearance next season …
Lauren Bowles: Exactly. I think that is our big villain.

In regards to her, do you think that Alan will be sticking to what is in the books? Because Holly is not a fan of Hallow’s. Or do you think he will be changing up the narrative?
Lauren Bowles: That is such a good question. This is how good Alan is, because you cannot pin him down. There are a lot of things that he has stuck to. But Lafayette died in the first book. As we all know, God, he’s not going anywhere. I think he takes … I am guessing this, by the way. It’s not like he and I have had a long conversation about it, but I think he uses the books as a spring board. Creatively, when he feels like he wants to go in another direction, he absolutely does. I know he uses the books as blueprints, but he veers story wise when he feels it is best to veer.

You mentioned Arlene and Holly’s relationship earlier. How do you think their friendship is going to continue to grow and transform as we ease out of this third season and into season four?
Lauren Bowles: I can’t say too much, exactly. But I can say that they are obviously growing closer. They are both single mothers. They both work at Merlotte’s. There are real similarities there, but their personalities are very different. Its not a far stretch to see that there is a blooming friendship there that will grow. That is for sure.

source
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Return to True Blood Spoilers