True Blood Comic-Con Panel 2010 + Exclusive Trailer

Spoiler discussion for 'True Blood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

True Blood Comic-Con Panel 2010 + Exclusive Trailer

Postby Rebel on Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:33 am

Showed by Alan Ball at the 2010 Comic-Con :w00t:

Click on the link and hit play (if doesn't start playing automatically)
http://www.hbo.com/true-blood/about/vid ... pid=ABC158

Youtube version
Last edited by PandaVamp on Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Title changed to identify and merge with the Comic-Con Panel thread. Youtube video added. :)

True Blood's enchanting princess...
Rebel
Guest Star

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

True Blood Comic-Con Panel 2010 + Exclusive Tra

Postby PandaVamp on Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:18 pm

I don't want to count the chickens before they hatch but this season feels like the best of the best! :w00t:

Anyway, they didn't say much during Comic-Con, spoiler wise. The most spoilery thing I think is that Alcide has been promoted to regular and will be part of the cast next season. :)

I will do a copy/paste of HBO True Blood's Official Twitter page (http://twitter.com/TrueBloodHBO) of what happened and was said:

- ON STAGE: Joe, Charlaine, Kristin, Deborah, Nelsan, Alan, Denis, Sam, Rutina, Anna, Stephen...and a cardboard cut-out of Alexander.

- Anna on Sookie saying "Sookeh." How does she do it? "I've just heard it a lot."

- STEPHEN on the "twisted" sex scene: "It's amazing the detail that goes into scene like that."

- RUTINA on Tara's penchant for loons: "She attracts people who love victims. When Tara gets intrigued, she gets insecure, runs away."

- DENIS on Russell's extensive backstory: "Alan gives us a starting point, then encourages us to fill things in. He has an ancient morality."

- Alan Ball loves Snoop Dogg's "Oh Sookie." He particularly loves "the Sookettes."

- NELSAN on Lafayette's new love: "It's good to see his softer side, where he's falling for somebody."

- KRISTIN on Eric's loyalty: Pam or Sookie? "I'm his progeny. Sookie is his infatuation. I think he'd take C, All of the Above."

- CHARLAINE: "I'm looking forward to meeting Sookie's Great Grandfather." Her fave episode? "I Will Rise Up"

- JOE, on being inducted into the brotherhood of the sock: "You're gonna like this weekend's episode."

- Moderator asked if Eric had to choose between Pam and Sookie, who would he choose? True Blood creator Charlaine Harris says: Pam!

- ALAN on S4: "People who know the books know that there's a character who doesn't really know who he/she is and becomes someone else."

- FAN: "What's it like working with animals on set?" KRISTIN: "Skarsgard isn't so bad once you get to know him."

- KRISTIN's favorite line: "I've been hearing and answering to 'hookah' a lot." NELSAN's favorite line: "I personally like 'Bitch.'"

- Of all the creatures on True Blood, ALAN would want to be a shifter.

- ALAN on WTFranklin: "We're going to luxuriate in the nature of his psychopathology."

- ALAN: "I believe Bill and Sookie are soulmates. I personally root for things to work out between them. I believe their love is true."

- TRUEBIE: "When is Tara gonna get a break?" ALAN: "Towards the end of this season. But it won't last..."

- ALAN likes the vampires in "Near Dark" & "Let the Right One In." Denis likes the vampires in "Thirst." Joe likes Kiefer in "Lost Boys."

- Alan Ball has not seen Twilight.

- Favorite True Blood moment one or off the screen? ALAN: "This one. This is the closest I'll ever get to being a rock star."

- Favorite moment? JOE: "When Alan asked me to become a series regular."

- Favorite moment? ANNA: "I get to kick some ass this season."

- DENIS: "The culture on the set of True Blood is the best I've ever had in my life. Everybody on that set, you fall in love with."

- CHARLAINE: "My favorite True Blood moment was shooting my cameo." (In the Season 2 finale, at Merlotte's)

- TRUEBIE: "How has Bill's evolution affected you?" STEPHEN: "You never know what you're going to get. But it's so delicious."

And that's it. :P

Here's a video of the panel. It is Part 1, so I guess they will upload Part 2, etc., soon.

And an Ausiello interview to Ball, Paquin and Moyer.

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Re: True Blood Comic-Con Panel 2010 + Exclusive Trailer

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:29 pm

That trailer is amazing! I think this is going to be the best season to date! :thumbsup: --Glad tomorrow's Sunday! ;)

Thanks PV for the pannel breakdown. CH IMO has differant idea than AB on his direction I think...I am not sure if AB is going to be 100% true to the novels, but personally, if that's the case, I find it refreshing. I have only begun to read them and I feel AB took the work and made it better...which is rare IMO to like the show/film better than the novel...

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Rebel on Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:13 pm

^^ It is rare, indeed... and I agree. I'm content with what Alan Ball is doing with the show. :)

True Blood's enchanting princess...
Rebel
Guest Star

Postby Miss Ford on Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:17 am

I was away on my vacation at the comic con week and I missed everything :( Thnak god we have PandaVamp!! thanks for the amazing post!! :)

The promo is greatttt! thats my fave season for sure :thumbsup:
ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:40 pm

Just want to add a couple of videos

the first from PopSugar with the cast talking about the show at Comic Con. We have Rutina Wesley, Kristin Bauer, Nelsan Ellis, Denis O’Hare.

http://rush.popsugar.tv/9441542#ooid=dj ... Oupi4HNm1a

the second its from trueblood.net and its with Kristin Bauer van Straten, saying it will get worse for Pam :scared: and also talks about Pam's PJs :w00t:

http://blip.tv/play/AYHxyFEC
ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Mellow on Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:57 pm

Rebel wrote:Showed by Alan Ball at the 2010 Comic-Con :w00t:

Click on the link and hit play (if doesn't start playing automatically)
http://www.hbo.com/true-blood/about/vid ... pid=ABC158

Youtube version

holy. sh**.
i can't WAIT for sookie beating the **** out of debbie's ASS!
♥Mellowsplints♥
Shows I watch: Lost, Six Feet Under, Skins, Glee, V, Scrubs, Misfits, True Blood, The OC, New Girl, Happy Endings, Fresh Meat Gossip Girl, Life Unexpected, The Tribe, Once Upon A Time, Freaks & Geeks,
My So Called Life, Girlfriends, Desperate Housewives, Being Human, How I Met Your Mother, Pretty Little Liars
Mellow
Show Expert

Return to True Blood Spoilers