Episode Summaries - Season 4 updated

Spoiler discussion for 'True Blood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Episode Summaries - Season 4 updated

Postby Miss Ford on Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:35 am

As I did for Season 3 I decided to do the same for this year. So far, we only have the synopsis for the first episode but as soon as we get the others I will update the thread! :)

For now, Im including the casting calls for the epis, the titles and the airdates! :)

I hope this will be helpfull!

Episode 4.01 “She’s Not There”

Original airdate: June 26, 2011

Official Synopsis:
Sookie journeys away from Bon Temps; Eric and Bill try to win back the human public; Jason learns that no good deed goes unpunished; Tara finds refuge in close quarters; Sam bonds with his own; Hoyt and Jessica debate the dinner menu; Jesus urges Lafayette to join a coven; Terry tries to alleviate Arleneʼs fears about the baby. (Written by Alexander Woo; directed by Michael Lehmann.)

Casting Call:
Marnie is a Z-list palm reader who’s painfully aware of what a joke she is — that is, until, she comes to be possessed by the spirit of a real witch.

Portia Bellefleuer, Andy’s sister, will be seen at last. She’s described as easy on the eyes and sharp in the courtroom. The casting call specifies that the actresses auditioning must be comfortable with nudity; who will she hook up with?

Naomi is an Asian-American cage fighter who is involved with one of her female competitors.

Queen Mab is described as an elegant beauty who presides over a fantasy land (the Fae world?). She’s also got a temper.

Suzanne McKittrick is a Real Housewives type who throws a hootenanny to bond with “her kind.” She may have a connection to like buttoned-down African-American shapeshifter Emory Broome.

Episode 4.02 - “You Smell Like Dinner”

Original airdate: July 3, 2011

Official Synopsis:
Sookie adjusts to Bon Temps’ new realities; Bill reveals pieces of his past; Eric crashes a witches’ meeting; Jason gets his wounds licked; Andy struggles with his addiction; Sam learns of Luna’s special talents; Jessica satisfies her blood cravings; Arlene witnesses strange behavior from her family. (Written by Brian Bucker; directed by Scott Winant.)

Casting Call
First is Callum, a British bartender we’ll meet when we flashback to 1982 London. He bartends in a punk underground nightclub, but who is he serving in this flashback? My bet is on Pam.

We’ll also meet a pair of male protesters outside Fangtasia. One of them picks a fight with a fangbanger while the other captures the video on his cell phone. Fellowship of the Sun wackos?

And finally we have Luther, an older, backwoods, inbred man living on “the compound.” In the casting call, he’s referred to as “Timbo’s uncle”, begging the question. Timbo supposed to be one of the kids Jason takes care of in Hotshot.
source

Episode 4.03 - “If You Love Me, Why Am I Dyin’?“

Original airdate: July 10, 2011

Official Synopsis:
Sookie makes a deal with Eric, and reconnects with Alcide; Bill punishes an errant vampire and counsels a guilt-ridden Jessica; Jason is cast as a reluctant savior; Tommy eyes a scam and alienates Sam; Marnie flexes her newfound powers; Pam delivers an ultimatum to Lafayette, Tara and Jesus; Eric spoils Sookie’s faerie reunion. (Written by Alan Ball; directed by David Petrarca.)

Casting Call –
First up is Antonia, a recurring role that begins in episode 2 and runs through episode 6. She’s anywhere from 20 to 40, speaks fluent Spanish, and is “fierce”. Possibly related to Kevin Alejandro’s Jesus? Or is Bill heading to Peru?

A generic vampire, a pudgy young woman in her 20s, and a camera operator are all being cast as part of an underground You Tube video that depicts the vampire feeding on the woman. The camera operator is also in his 20s and is on a mission to warn America about vampires by showing their true colors. It appears that he entraps the vampires by filming them, leaving the vamp desperate to avoid exposure.

Pam will enjoy snacking on a fangbanger, who definitely enjoys being snacked on and is disappointed when she takes off. (Please let that mean she flies!)

Nan Flanagan will debate a smug conservative f*ck (honest, that’s his name in the script) who wears a bow tie. We’re guessing the You Tube video comes into play here.

And finally, Tommy encounters Paul McClatchy, a “prospector” who works for an energy company and makes Tommy an intriguing offer. Do you suppose he knows Tommy is a shapeshifter? What could he have in mind for Sam’s troublemaker of a brother?
source

Episode 4.04 - Title TBA

Original airdate: July 17, 2011

Official Synopsis:
Alcide helps Sookie hunt for Eric; Marnie searches for guidance to break a spell; Bill discovers a common bond with the Bellefleurs; Jason begs for liberation from Hotshot; Sam penetrates Luna’s inner circle; Arlene sees the writing on the wall; Tommy returns to his roots. (Written by Nancy Oliver; directed by Michael Lehmann.) ]

Casting Call:
A kind soul on the IMDb message boards has posted the latest True Blood season 4 casting call. The show is casting 3 characters for episode 4.04, which is currently untitled. Production on this episode began on January 26.

The Bellefleur family expands again, this time adding matriarch Caroline Bellefleur to the cast. Caroline is in her 70s, Caucasian, formidable, refined, and beautifully dressed. She’s Portia and Andy’s grandmother, dislikes vampires, but “warms to Bill’s charm”. Of course she does!

We’ll meet Emma, a Native American/Hispanic little girl. Just 5 years old, Emma is the happy, playful, talkative daughter of a shifter and a werewolf who will be a recurring character. Is she connected to Jason’s involvement with Hotshot or to Alcide’s storyline?

Flashback alert! In another Spanish-speaking role, we’ll see a head priest from 1610 who instigates the burning of a witch at a medieval church, and he clearly takes pleasure in describing the procedure. Is this flashback prompted by Antonia’s storyline? Are they connected to Hallow?

source

Episode 4.05 - “I Hate You, I Love You”

Original airdate: July 24

Official Synopsis:
Sookie nurtures Eric; Bill gets involved personally in the necromancy crisis; Pam takes the veil; Sam becomes Tommy’s accomplice; Arlene and Terry look to religion to solve their problem; Jesus and Lafayette head to Mexico to harness a shaman’s power; Jason convalesces. (Written by Mark Hudis; directed by Daniel Minahan.)

Casting Call:
Diving deeper into Jesus’ backstory, we’ll be meeting his “terrifying, intimidating” grandfather, Don Bartolo, both in a flashback and in present day. Don Bartolo is a hardcore brujo (witch or shaman) and described as “a badass Mexican man”. Paging Danny Trejo! We’ll also see a young Jesus in a flashback to 1985 as well as his mother, who is desperate to protect him from his grandfather’s influence.

Back in the present, we meet Raoul, the Shreveport packmaster. He’s in his 30s-early 40s, tough and intense. He’ll be in at least 7 episodes; could we be seeing a packmaster challenge this season in addition to the witch war?

Speaking of the witch war, just how entangled is Bill in that mess? For this episode, True Blood is casting a guard and three vampire sheriffs - 2 male, 1 female – who all seem to be under Bill’s authority while he decides the fate of a witch. The men don’t agree with Bill’s verdict, and it sounds like Pam also challenges him.

In another flashback, this time to 1610 Spain, we’ll see Padre Santiago, a vampire priest with a sarcastic streak, who feeds on a woman in a medieval dungeon. Does this flashback tie into Bill’s storyline? Or could it be part of Jesus and Don Bartolo’s? Or are all three part of the same bigger story?

source

Episode 4.06 - “I Wish I Was the Moon”

Original airdate: July 31th

Official Synopsis:
Sookie searches for Jason under a full moon; Marnie connects with spirits of the past; Arlene and Terry cope with a suspicious inferno; Debbie urges Alcide to join a new werewolf community; Tommy trades places with Sam; Lafayette feels the spirit in Mexico; Eric surrenders to his King’s will. (Written by Raelle Tucker; directed by Jeremy Podeswa.)

Casting Call:
Looks like we’ll be getting another flashback in this episode as they’re casting a character named Mavis, “a sad-eyed girl dressed in a modest 1930s dress.” She’s African-American, age 20-30, and speaks with a Cajun accent. Mavis is a recurring guest star. Is she part of the Jesus/Lafayette storyline? Kevin Alejandro noted in an interview today that he’s been working on True Blood a lot: “You’re gonna see a lot of me. It’s the season of the witches, so you can count on seeing me a little bit more than last season.”

source

Episode 4.07 - “Cold Grey Light of Dawn”

Original airdate: August 7

Official Synopsis:
With Marnie empowered by spirits of the dead, Bill issues an unpopular order to save vampires from the light. Eric embraces his amnesia; Luna discovers Sam’s not the man she thought he was; Lafayette expands his consciousness; Pam gets a body peel; Andy’s date with Holly doesn’t go as planned; Jessica has doubts about her future with Hoyt; Alcide and Debbie join a new pack.
Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/07/true-b ... z1S5yMrZgn

Casting Call :
For this episode they’re casting Dr. Isani, an ER doctor who is South Asian. She reluctantly discharges a patient, which begs the question: who is the patient? Arlene with baby troubles? Someone with a were bite? Someone with a vampire bite? And why the emphasis on her ethnicity? Is the hospital where she works somewhere in South Asia?

We suggested previously that this season will see the battle for packmaster that occurs in book 5, and turns Sookie off to Alcide. True Blood is casting Chuck and Nate, a pair of pack wolves in their late 20s/early 30s who want to be Alpha Males. They’re recurring, which leads us to believe that Raoul‘s status as packmaster is in jeopardy and we will indeed see that battle take place this season.

Speaking of battles, the Wiccan storyline gets a new member in Trevor, the boyfriend of a member of a Wiccan group who brings him along for support. He’s described as “a stoner with a lot of spiritual energy.” Also being cast is Luellen, the ex-sister-in-law of a member of the group who is also brought along for support. Are they casting a spell that requires additional spiritual energy, or is this part of the witch battle and they’re energy sources? Both of these characters are recurring as well.

source

Episode 4.08 - “Spellbound”

Original airdate: August 14.

Official Synopsis:
As Bill and Marnie brace for a dangerous midnight face-off, Sookie and Eric pledge their allegiance to the King. Jason is torn between friendship and passion, and Jessica is spurned from two homes. Lafayette becomes the pawn of a tormented spirit; Tommy takes a walk in someone else’s shoes; Sam contends with yet another adversary in Marcus, Luna’s ex and the leader of Alcide’s new pack.
Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/07/true-b ... z1S5ytkoxY

Casting Call:
Episode 4.08 is called “Spellbound” and was written by Alan Ball, so it should be a meaty one. For this episode, they’re casting Virgil, a “harshly handsome” 35-year-old Caucasian with “a cold and ruthless streak”. We’ll see him in a flashback to the 1930s, but as part of whose storyline?

Bill continues to be in an position of authority when he charms a female reporter from the local TV news. She’s talking with that troublemaker Maxine Fortenberry when Bill shows up and interrupts. The reporter is more than willing to give Bill a public forum while, we assume, Maxine fumes in the background.

Also being cast is Rita, simply described as an attractive maternal woman in her 40s. One of Maxine’s friends?

source

Episode 4.09 - “Run”

Original airdate: August 21

Official Synopsis:
Convalescing after her latest near-death trauma, Sookie envisions a world where there’s room for both Bill and Eric. Jesus tries to purge the restless spirit out of Lafayette; Marcus enlists Alcide to help him deal with the Sam situation; Bill and Nan Flanagan clash over their respective agendas; Hoyt asks Jason to make a delivery to Jessica. Despite Tara and Holly’s misgivings, Marnie plots her next move against the vampires, during a “Festival of Tolerance” event at Shreveport.

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/07/true-b ... z1S5zN3nlA

Casting Call:
Written by Brian Buckner and directed by Romeo Tirone. The show is casting Joyce Watney, a 20-year-old self-satisfied young woman “who loves the sound of her own, bleeding-heart voice.” She’ll host the “Just Say No to Hate” festival of tolerance and media event, to join together vampires and humans in common cause. She’s proud of founding the “Living Dead Student Alliance” at her school. What are the odds that she’ll be end up dead by the end of the episode.

True Blood is also looking to cast a male V dealer in his mid 20s, who meets a customer in a seedy alley and warns her against taking too much V. He’s disturbed by the customer’s appetites. A dealer with a conscience? Interesting. Do you think the addict is someone we know?

source

Episode 4.10- “Burning Down the House”

Original airdate: August 28.

Official Synopsis:
As all hell breaks loose in Shreveport, Sookie summons her most potent powers yet to save Bill, in the process breaking a spell and leading Marnie to re-evaluate her mission. Jason urges Jessica to glamour him for Hoyt’s sake; Terry drags Andy to “Fort Bellefleur” for an intervention; Alcide reconsiders his allegiances after Marcus’ fight with Tommy. Jesus, accompanied by Sookie, Lafayette and Jason, tries to breach the Moongoddess Emporium’s defenses to liberate Tara and Holly, while Bill leads a brigade of vampires committed to blowing the place to kingdom come.
Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/07/true-b ... z1S60bM5ho

Episode 4.11-“Soul of Fire”

Original airdate: TBA

Official Synopsis:As the Wiccan-vampire standoff reaches a critical juncture, Sookie summons her faerie powers to prevent Marnie from bewitching Bill, Eric and Pam into a suicide march, while Jesus casts a secret spell designed to un-bind Antonia and break the witch’s deadly defenses. Sam settles a score with Marcus; Alcide confronts Debbie about her allegiances; Andy finds unexpected passion in the forest; Lafayette is consumed by the past.SOURCE

Casting Call:
[MAURELLA] 25 to 35. A luminous, lithe, sinewy, otherworldly woman, she moves with a ballerina’s grace and possesses mysterious powers. A seductress…POSSIBLE RECURRING

source

Episode 4.12 - "And When I Die"

Original airdate: TBA

Official Synopsis: Season Finale. – It’s Samhain, Wicca’s greatest holy day, and spirits of the dead surface in Bon Temps, giving Sookie some valuable allies to combat Marnie’s newest incarnation. Lafayette’s latest medium encounter imperils his relationship with Jesus; Jason finds confession good for the soul, but not the body; Alcide makes a heartfelt appeal to the woman he loves; Terry receives an unexpected visitor at Merlotte’s; Sam and Luna envision a storybook ending, for once; Nan wears out her welcome with Bill and Eric. As Season Four comes to a shattering conclusion, Debbie confronts Sookie and Tara with deadly consequences, and the denizens of Bon Temps brace for a new crisis with a familiar face. SOURCE

Casting Call:
[PATRICK DEVINS] 35 to 45, tough, and ruggedly attractive, he served in the military with Terry, and they share a serious history: Terry saved Patrick’s life twice. 7 out of 13 episodes next season.

[DOUG] This schlubby guy in a hard hat is Alcide’s construction foreman. 2 lines, 1 scene.

Source
Last edited by Miss Ford on Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:08 am, edited 7 times in total.
ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Episode Summaries - Season 4

Postby Sawyer5665 on Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:30 am

Thanks for posting!!!!!!
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Re: Episode Summaries - Season 4

Postby Miss Ford on Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:57 am

Sawyer5665 wrote:Thanks for posting!!!!!!

:)

Just updated Epi 12 with a casting call :)
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Re: Episode Summaries - Season 4 updated

Postby Miss Ford on Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:23 pm

Spoiler tv just gave away the summaries for the July episodes so I updated the thread! enjoy :)
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby sroberts on Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:59 am

How can we apply to these casting calls Miss ford?
sroberts
Viewer

Postby Mellow on Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:15 pm

Looks like Tara leaves in 4.04? Why is there zero mention of her?
♥Mellowsplints♥
Shows I watch: Lost, Six Feet Under, Skins, Glee, V, Scrubs, Misfits, True Blood, The OC, New Girl, Happy Endings, Fresh Meat Gossip Girl, Life Unexpected, The Tribe, Once Upon A Time, Freaks & Geeks,
My So Called Life, Girlfriends, Desperate Housewives, Being Human, How I Met Your Mother, Pretty Little Liars
Mellow
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:07 pm

Mellow wrote:Looks like Tara leaves in 4.04? Why is there zero mention of her?

I uptaded the synopis of August Epis and Epi 4.10 we have a mention of Tara related to the witches and I think that your clue... her storyline this season is pretty much about that and she will be with Lafayette all the time, althought I would love to see more of her new love life and how people would react to that!
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:10 am

UPDATED!!!!!!

Official Synopsis for the last 2 episodes, including season finaleeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Episode 4.11-“Soul of Fire”
Official Synopsis:As the Wiccan-vampire standoff reaches a critical juncture, Sookie summons her faerie powers to prevent Marnie from bewitching Bill, Eric and Pam into a suicide march, while Jesus casts a secret spell designed to un-bind Antonia and break the witch’s deadly defenses. Sam settles a score with Marcus; Alcide confronts Debbie about her allegiances; Andy finds unexpected passion in the forest; Lafayette is consumed by the past.SOURCE

Episode 4.12 - "And When I Die"
Official Synopsis: Season Finale. – It’s Samhain, Wicca’s greatest holy day, and spirits of the dead surface in Bon Temps, giving Sookie some valuable allies to combat Marnie’s newest incarnation. Lafayette’s latest medium encounter imperils his relationship with Jesus; Jason finds confession good for the soul, but not the body; Alcide makes a heartfelt appeal to the woman he loves; Terry receives an unexpected visitor at Merlotte’s; Sam and Luna envision a storybook ending, for once; Nan wears out her welcome with Bill and Eric. As Season Four comes to a shattering conclusion, Debbie confronts Sookie and Tara with deadly consequences, and the denizens of Bon Temps brace for a new crisis with a familiar face.
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:17 am

I just Debbie doesnt stay a good girl after all... and the vamps are going after the sun in a suicide march under Marnie/ Antonia's powers! and Sookie is gonna save them...!!!
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:48 pm

Miss Ford wrote:I just Debbie doesnt stay a good girl after all... and the vamps are going after the sun in a suicide march under Marnie/ Antonia's powers! and Sookie is gonna save them...!!!

Thanks for posting these here as well! :lol:

What's interesting is that the finale says, "Marnie's LATEST Incarnation..." I have to wonder if this refers to Antonia, or if Jesus gets Antonia to leave (Synopsis for 4x11: "Jesus casts a secret spell designed to un-bind Antonia and break the witch’s deadly defenses"), but then there's someone else in there????

my bets are we end the season with a new entity...

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:07 pm

Yes, i think that too. Maybe Maryann !!! Ou Renne!!! Ou some other crazy witch!! I think in the end Marnie is probably is gonna die! :(

I just went to the IMBD site to check who is already casted for the finale so we could have some clues. The only new name besides the regular cast is Lois Smith (Adele Stackhouse)!!!! Yay so Grans is going to be there to help Sookie!!! Amazing! I miss herrrr!
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:55 pm

Miss Ford wrote:Yes, i think that too. Maybe Maryann !!! Ou Renne!!! Ou some other crazy witch!! I think in the end Marnie is probably is gonna die! :(

I just went to the IMBD site to check who is already casted for the finale so we could have some clues. The only new name besides the regular cast is Lois Smith (Adele Stackhouse)!!!! Yay so Grans is going to be there to help Sookie!!! Amazing! I miss herrrr!

It would be weird/nifty if the entity was Adele?! --I mean like you said she was there before...maybe she will come back for a while, but in Marnie...

Or someone else we know dies and lives on in Marnie :hmm: ...It kind of would be cool if we had a spell that started a spirit hopping thing going on, and not just exclusive to the souls/spirits of the dead...

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Return to True Blood Spoilers