Episode Guide - Season 5 - Summaries

Spoiler discussion for 'True Blood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Episode Guide - Season 5 - Summaries

Postby Miss Ford on Sat May 05, 2012 12:59 pm

It's a tradition now! Enjoy it! ;)

5.01— Episode #49: “Turn! Turn! Turn!”: Sookie and Lafayette clean up the Tara and Debbie Pelt mess; Bill and Eric are visited by the Vampire Authority; Sam and Alcide deal with an angry werewolf pack. (Written by Brian Buckner; directed by Daniel Minahan) (TV-MA) [AC, AL, V, N] ESP Playdates: 10, 13, 14 and 16

5.02— Episode #50: “Authority Always Wins”: Tara resurfaces in Bon Temps; Pam recalls her human life and first encounter with Eric; Bill and Eric meet Salome at the Vampire Authority headquarters. (Written by Mark Hudis; directed by Michael Lehmann.) (TV-MA) [AC, AL, V, N] ESP Playdates: 17, 20, 21 and 23

5.03— Episode #51: “Whatever I Am, You Made Me”: Bill and Eric barter for their lives with Roman, the head of the Authority; Jason reunites with his old high school teacher; Sookie searches for Tara. (Written by Raelle Tucker; directed by David Petrarca.) (TV-MA) [AC, AL, V, N] ESP Playdates: 24, 27, 28 and 30

UPDATED 06/08/12

Episode #52 (5.04): “We’ll Meet Again”: Eric and Bill fear for their lives; Lafayette puts Sookie’s life in danger; Roman and Salome root out a Council traitor. (Written by Alexander Woo; directed by Romeo Tirone.) Playdates: July 1, 4, 5 and 7

Episode #53 (5.05): “Let’s Boot and Rally”: Bill and Eric turn to Sookie for help with Russell’s whereabouts; Jason has a disturbing dream. (Written by Angela Robinson; directed by Michael Lehmann.) Playdates: July 8, 11, 12 and 14

Episode #54 (5.06): “Hopeless”: Bill and Eric are retrieved by the Authority; Roman lays out his plans for Russell. (Written by Alan Ball; directed by Dan Attias.) Playdates: July 15, 18, 19 and 21

Episode #55 (5.07): “In the Beginning”: Salome reveals her true allegiances; Sookie embraces her human side; Sam sniffs out some perps; Alcide braces for a fight. (Written by Brian Buckner; directed by Michael Ruscio.) Playdates: July 22, 25, 26 and 28

Episode #56 (5.08): “Somebody That I Used to Know”: The Authority revels in a new direction; Sookie and Jason visit the site of their parents’ deaths; Luna gets stuck on Sam. (Written by Mark Hudis; directed by Stephen Moyer.) Playdates: July 29 and 31
Last edited by Miss Ford on Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Episode Guide - Season 5 - Summaries

Postby Miss Ford on Tue May 22, 2012 9:36 pm

HBO released more elaborated summaries :D for the first 3 episodes, there they are

Episode 5.01 “Turn! Turn! Turn!”, June 10 at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT
Sookie (Anna Paquin) and Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis) struggle with the aftermath of Tara’s (Rutina Wesley) shooting, while also cleaning up after Debbie Pelt. Meanwhile, Bill (Stephen Moyer) and Eric (Alexander Skarsgård), cleaning up a mess of their own, are visited by the Vampire Authority, one of whom is Nora (Lucy Griffiths), a woman from Eric’s past. In search of the missing Marcus, Alcide’s (Joe Manganiello) werewolf pack comes after Sam (Sam Trammell). With Bill away, Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) enjoys her new freedom by partying with local college kids; Jason (Ryan Kwanten) is visited by the recently turned Rev. Steve Newlin (Michael McMillian); Terry’s (Todd Lowe) PTSD is reignited by Patrick Devins (Scott Foley), an old Iraq War buddy; and Alcide turns up at Sookie’s to warn her about the recently resurfaced Russell Edgington (Denis O’Hare). Written by Brian Buckner; directed by Daniel Minahan.

Episode 5.02 “Authority Always Wins”, June 17 at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT
At the Vampire Authority headquarters in New Orleans, Bill and Eric meet Salome (Valentina Cervi) and become acquainted with the Authority’s interrogation techniques. Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) recalls her human life as the madam of the Comstock Brothel in San Francisco, and her first encounter with Eric. Werewolves J.D. (Louis Herthum) and Rikki (Kelly Overton) pay tribute to Marcus, but Alciderefuses to participate or take his rightful place as the new packmaster. Martha Bozeman (Dale Dickey) shows up wanting to see her granddaughter, causing conflict for Sam and Luna (Janina Gavankar). Fearing Russell’s return, Sookie procures a home-protection system; Arlene (Carrie Preston) tries to get to the bottom of Terry’s erratic behavior; Steve Newlin stops by with an offer for Jessica; and Jason feels the brunt of his womanizing ways. Written by Mark Hudis; directed by Michael Lehmann.

Episode 5.03 “Whatever I Am, You Made Me, June 24 at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT
Bill and Eric barter for their lives with the Authority Chancellors and their leader, Roman (Christopher Meloni). Salome and Roman enlist a new ally in the face of Russell’s return. Sookie goes to Fangtasia to ask for help from Pam, who is still caught up in her memories of Eric and the strange murders at the Comstock Brothel. Andy’s dalliance with Holly (Lauren Bowles) comes back to bite him in the butt; later, he’s visited by Gordon (Steve Rankin) and Barbara Pelt (Linda Purl), who are searching for Debbie. Jason bumps into an old high school teacher, but their reunion brings up conflicting feelings. Written by Raelle Tucker; directed by David Petrarca.
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby DarkUFO on Tue May 22, 2012 10:58 pm

Thanks for posting them :)
DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby Sawyer5665 on Wed May 23, 2012 12:29 am

Tara, huh?

I bet she gets turned. I predicted that during the ending credits for the S4 finale. :lol:
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Wed May 23, 2012 1:44 am

Sawyer5665 wrote:Tara, huh?

I bet she gets turned. I predicted that during the ending credits for the S4 finale. :lol:

And what it seems Pam will be her maker... Allan Ball teased in the latest issue of TVGuide mag (link for the scans here) that Pam will have a new vampire in her life while Eric is away with Bill and the Authority... and in the 1st season 5 promo we see Pam at Sookie's house, wearing the same clothes she was wearing in the season 4 finale... :hmm:
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Wed May 23, 2012 4:34 pm

Miss Ford wrote:
Sawyer5665 wrote:Tara, huh?

And what it seems Pam will be her maker... Allan Ball teased in the latest issue of TVGuide mag (link for the scans here) that Pam will have a new vampire in her life while Eric is away with Bill and the Authority... and in the 1st season 5 promo we see Pam at Sookie's house, wearing the same clothes she was wearing in the season 4 finale... :hmm:

I def think there no other way to go with Tara that wouldn't be boring. I really think it's a good idea, because of the irony on both sides (Tara and Pam) that also adds onto Pam and Eric's stories of what it means to be a vampire and to have a relationship with your maker and vamp siblings...and for Tara to turn around and reexamine her whole life and her previous perspectives...you know, so she can be fun! :P

But I still wonder if there will be something non traditionally vampire about Tara...something off.

Thanks for the episode synopsis! :thumbsup: They sound really really good! :D

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:10 am

Episode summaries 4 to 8 UPDATED!
:thumbsup: :D :)
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Rebel on Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:03 am

Thank you, Miss Ford.

Wonderful to see you again! :)

True Blood's enchanting princess...
Rebel
Guest Star

Postby Miss Ford on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:51 pm

Detailed Descriptions for Episodes 4-6 :D

SUNDAY, JULY 1 “We’ll Meet Again”
Eric (Alexander Skarsgård) and Bill (Stephen Moyer) have doubts they will survive the search for Russell (Denis O’Hare). Sookie (Anna Paquin) opens up to Alcide (Joe Manganiello). An irate Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis) unwittingly puts Sookie’s life in danger. At Authority headquarters, Roman (Christopher Meloni) and Salome (Valentina Cervi) continue interrogating Nora (Lucy Griffiths) about the Sanguinistas – and a possible traitor within the Council. Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) forces Tara (Rutina Wesley) to toe the line; Andy (Chris Bauer) and Jason (Ryan Kwanten) go to a burlesque party; Sam’s (Sam Trammell) shifter friends invite him for a run; Terry (Todd Lowe) flashes back to a deadly night in Iraq; Hoyt (Jim Parrack) tests the fangbanger waters; Sookie drowns her sorrows.

SUNDAY, JULY 8 “Let’s Boot and Rally”
With time running short, Bill and Eric enlist Sookie to probe for clues on Russell’s hiding place. Unable to deal with the demon magic inside him, Lafayette calls out to Jesus’ spirit for help. Patrick Devins (Scott Foley) and Terry are held hostage in a bunker belonging to their Iraq War buddy Brian Eller (Brian Geraghty). Jason wakes to a disturbing dream; Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) gives Tara advice on adjusting to vampire life; Sam visits Luna (Janina Gavankar) with bad news.

SUNDAY, JULY 15 “Hopeless”
The aftermath at the asylum leaves Sookie with an eerie sense of foreboding. At Fangtasia, Pam breaks up a vamp-girl fight, praising Tara for her tenacity. Lafayette visits Ruby Jean (Alfre Woodard), who also received a disturbing message from Jesus. Fearing for his family’s safety, Terry blames his curse for his troubles with Arlene (Carrie Preston). Alcide challenges J.D. (Louis Herthum); Sam offers to help Andy investigate the recent shootings; Roman lays out his plans to take out Russell

source: TB-news
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:28 am

Miss Ford wrote:Detailed Descriptions for Episodes 4-6 :D

SUNDAY, JULY 1 “We’ll Meet Again”
Eric (Alexander Skarsgård) and Bill (Stephen Moyer) have doubts they will survive the search for Russell (Denis O’Hare). Sookie (Anna Paquin) opens up to Alcide (Joe Manganiello). An irate Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis) unwittingly puts Sookie’s life in danger. At Authority headquarters, Roman (Christopher Meloni) and Salome (Valentina Cervi) continue interrogating Nora (Lucy Griffiths) about the Sanguinistas – and a possible traitor within the Council. Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) forces Tara (Rutina Wesley) to toe the line; Andy (Chris Bauer) and Jason (Ryan Kwanten) go to a burlesque party; Sam’s (Sam Trammell) shifter friends invite him for a run; Terry (Todd Lowe) flashes back to a deadly night in Iraq; Hoyt (Jim Parrack) tests the fangbanger waters; Sookie drowns her sorrows.

SUNDAY, JULY 8 “Let’s Boot and Rally”
With time running short, Bill and Eric enlist Sookie to probe for clues on Russell’s hiding place. Unable to deal with the demon magic inside him, Lafayette calls out to Jesus’ spirit for help. Patrick Devins (Scott Foley) and Terry are held hostage in a bunker belonging to their Iraq War buddy Brian Eller (Brian Geraghty). Jason wakes to a disturbing dream; Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) gives Tara advice on adjusting to vampire life; Sam visits Luna (Janina Gavankar) with bad news.

SUNDAY, JULY 15 “Hopeless”
The aftermath at the asylum leaves Sookie with an eerie sense of foreboding. At Fangtasia, Pam breaks up a vamp-girl fight, praising Tara for her tenacity. Lafayette visits Ruby Jean (Alfre Woodard), who also received a disturbing message from Jesus. Fearing for his family’s safety, Terry blames his curse for his troubles with Arlene (Carrie Preston). Alcide challenges J.D. (Louis Herthum); Sam offers to help Andy investigate the recent shootings; Roman lays out his plans to take out Russell

source: TB-news

Wow that''s a lot of info in those summaries! :w00t: Thanks for the update Miss Ford! :thumbsup: It looks like Roman is there at least till episode six...but I remember reading the brief synopsis for episode 7, in which almost sounds like Roman is gone, as "the Authority moves in a different direction"...I read we may meet Lilith from a TV Guide Spoiler. I suspect Salome! Both Lilith and Salome in Biblical/Ancient Culture have been described in some cases as "sacred prostitutes"...so it could be a connection. I am also glad that Pam seems to get along with Tara and Tara is trying to adapt to her new life! Looks like episode five Sookies reunited with Eric and Bill again :whistle: -And who the heck are Ruby Jean and J.D.? :lol:

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:36 am

yes, it looks like in episode 7 Roman will go... it says somewhere that the Authority will get a new leader or something like that :/

and yes, it seems they casted a Lilith, she will be played by a actress from General Hospital... can't wait for that :thumbsup:
ImageImageImage
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Return to True Blood Spoilers