x-files

General discussion of old, retired shows

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: x-files

Postby CaseyCasey87 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:04 pm

joacomoreno wrote:Gret Show... but I think they left some things with no answer...
The first movie was not so good and the second one was even worst.

There's talks about a third and final movie to be released closer to 'the date' in 2012 that would be a continuation of the series but i think since the second one flopped, they might scrap it :scared:
"HE IS BOB, EAGER FOR FUN.... WEARS A SMILE, EVERYBODY RUN...."- Phillip Gerrard

Either Conuley or against us basically...

I have a tiny font size
CaseyCasey87
Emmy Nominee

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Spider1986 on Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:09 pm

well i watched recentelly the first ten episodes of season one because fringe ended and i needed smth like that. but i dont know... kinda dont like it. sure mulder and scully are classic, but does it get better after season one?!
Spider1986
Extra

Postby CaseyCasey87 on Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:47 pm

definitely.
s1 was a bit hit and miss for me, but it definitely gets better, stick with it i'd say :thumbsup:
"HE IS BOB, EAGER FOR FUN.... WEARS A SMILE, EVERYBODY RUN...."- Phillip Gerrard

I have a tiny font size
CaseyCasey87
Emmy Nominee

Postby Bella on Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:57 pm

Spider1986 wrote:well i watched recentelly the first ten episodes of season one because fringe ended and i needed smth like that. but i dont know... kinda dont like it. sure mulder and scully are classic, but does it get better after season one?!

Oh, yeah. The first season was a little weird in that they weren't yet comfortable in their characters, and things hadn't been fully developed yet. It definitely gets better. In fact, I think season 5 was their high point.

Twitter / YouTube Channel

:) STV Podcast co-host :)
Bella
Senior Moderator

Postby CaseyCasey87 on Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:01 pm

Bella wrote:
Spider1986 wrote:well i watched recentelly the first ten episodes of season one because fringe ended and i needed smth like that. but i dont know... kinda dont like it. sure mulder and scully are classic, but does it get better after season one?!

Oh, yeah. The first season was a little weird in that they weren't yet comfortable in their characters, and things hadn't been fully developed yet. It definitely gets better. In fact, I think season 5 was their high point.

Definitely, i mean, after s5, they mainly focus on one storyline and the side-stories aren't that strong TBH :|

I have a tiny font size
CaseyCasey87
Emmy Nominee

Postby bonniesrg on Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:53 am

CaseyCasey87 wrote:
joacomoreno wrote:Gret Show... but I think they left some things with no answer...
The first movie was not so good and the second one was even worst.

There's talks about a third and final movie to be released closer to 'the date' in 2012 that would be a continuation of the series but i think since the second one flopped, they might scrap it :scared:

If they made it involved with the overall series plot and not a random extended episopde it might be workable, I haven't been able to watch the second movie yet, I'm too afraid. :lol:
bonniesrg
Stunt Double

Postby PCat on Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:12 am

Bella wrote:

Just noticed this thread. I was a HUGE X-Files fan. It was so disappointing when it petered out in the end -- very good example of why a set end date is a good thing!
I taped the shows on VHS back then and rewatched them during the hiatus. I discovered online spoilers with the X-Files and became a spoiler junkie! And I couldn't wait for the blooper reels to come out every season.

There were some early stand alone classics like season 3's Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose and Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space', and season 4's Paper Hearts and Small Potatoes.

But season 5 was definitely the best. Some of my fav stand alones: Post-Modern Prometheus, Folie À Deux, Kill Switch and the pre-True Blood vampire saga, Bad Blood.

I thought the first movie was pretty good, but I was still caught up in characters back then. I didn't even notice when the second movie came out. I saw it for the first time on cable after it had been out for a while. Sadly, the moment had passed for me, and the magic was gone. :(

Still, it raised the bar for sci-fi television and blazed the trail for shows like LOST and Fringe. :thumbup:
PCat
Supporting Actor

Postby jsalexandra on Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:41 am

X Files is certainly the best show in sci-fi genre.Really well made show and the star cast especially David is fantastic.
jsalexandra
Viewer

Postby b3rt4 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:06 pm

I'm currently watching season 2 and it's starting to get really good.
I only saw a few episodes back when they showed it here on TV but now I started from the beginning and I hope that I can watch all 9 seasons. :PP

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

Postby glorybound on Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:06 am

T.L.A. wrote:The X-Files was the last big TV obsession I had before Lost. Absolutely loved it to death. Mulder was my original John Locke. But the ending was a big disappointment, as happens with many great shows. The ending just can't live up to the standards 100+ episodes have set. I just hope Lost can escape that particular curse.

:thumbup:
glorybound
Emmy Nominee

Postby DharmaLager on Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:12 am

I actually liked the first movie. I admit, it wasn't one you could "just go see", you had to really be into the show. That being said, I enjoyed it. The second one I saw b/c it was an X-Files film, but it certainly didn't belong on a big screen. I am still hoping for a third movie.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby lexnox on Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:41 am

Sym wrote::wub: I love this show

is a masterpiece :thumbup:
I have the entire series on DVD, I started to wade yesterday.
Simply beautiful :blush:

Bought too soon. It's on Netflix now. As soon as I have time for it, I going to start rewatching.
Aeon & LOST
Let's see how fast you can run?
lexnox
Supporting Actor

Postby DharmaLager on Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:48 pm

Owning the series is something I've done since it was released on DVD and I wouldn't have it any other way. It's still my favorite show of all time and I doubt anything will change that.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby lexnox on Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:42 am

DharmaLager wrote:Owning the series is something I've done since it was released on DVD and I wouldn't have it any other way. It's still my favorite show of all time and I doubt anything will change that.
Hmm. The X-files was my LOST, but it's a million miles away now.

Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Back during the second movie, there was rumor of a myth-based 2012 movie. Any news?
Aeon & LOST
Let's see how fast you can run?
lexnox
Supporting Actor

Postby DharmaLager on Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:43 pm

In regards to a potential 3rd movie, it's worth noting Chris Carter and David Duchovney have been seen together a few times in the past few weeks. Could mean nothing, but hey, worth noting.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Old & Retired Shows - General