[Official] Bones Ep. 6.13 Discussion

General discussion for 'Bones'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Postby Sandiwich11 on Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:03 pm

"The Daredevil in the Mold"

8:00PM

Discuss the latest Bones episode here.

AN EXTREME BIKE STUNT GOES WRONG AND BOOTH MAKES A COMMITMENT ON AN ALL-NEW “BONES” THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 10, ON FOX

Katheryn Winnick and Joel David Moore Guest-Star

A BMX rider’s remains are discovered in a molding mass on the roof of a warehouse after a failed attempt to complete a bike stunt. While Booth and Brennan interrogate the victim’s fellow riders, Hodgins and his newly mellow “squint” Fisher (guest star Moore) identify the numerous fractures in the victim’s skeletal structure, and Angela recreates the series of events that led to the fatal accident. But when Booth and Brennan locate the victim’s stolen bike and fiberglass is found at the crime scene, the team concludes that the victim was killed by blunt physical force, making his death a criminal investigation. Meanwhile, Sweets turns to Booth for advice about proposing to Daisy (guest star Gallo), and Booth makes a grand gesture to show Hannah his commitment to their relationship in the all-new “The Daredevil in the Mold” episode of BONES airing Thursday, Feb. 10 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (BON-613) (TV-14 D, L, V)

Cast: Emily Deschanel as Dr. Temperance Brennan; David Boreanaz as FBI Special Agent Seeley Booth; TJ Thyne as Dr. Jack Hodgins; Michaela Conlin as Angela Montenegro; Tamara Taylor as Dr. Camille “Cam” Saroyan; John Francis Daley as Dr. Lance Sweets

Guest Cast: Katheryn Winnick as Hannah Burley; Joel David Moore as Colin Fisher; Scoot McNairy as Noel Liftin; Andre Jamal Kinney as Orlando Morales; Elizabeth Ho as Staci Barret; Eddie Hassel as Ty Van Herweg; Kyle Davis as Wheelie Pete Casriel; Judy Kain as Clerk

Source: FOX

Bones on SpoilerTV

Follow me on Twitter: Sandiwich11
Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Bones Ep. 6.13 Discussion

Postby beresford on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:49 pm

I thought the case was okay, especially liked Angela's role in it, but I kind of figured who the killer was. As for the part of the episode everyone is furious about, I didn't like that Hannah was the one to shut down Booth, but I am glad that Booth and Brennan now are free to get back to their old chemistry. Obviously nothing will happen soon between them, but I am just happy if they get back to their old chemistry. And about Hannah, I didn't mind her as the majority of people did, she was just unlucky to get in the middle of Bones and Booth. Also, great acting from David Boreanz last night.
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience

Heiots wrote:beresford is Juliet King! Just can't argue that fact.
beresford
Emmy Nominee

Postby SmokeyD on Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:31 pm

I guess I didn't/don't mind the Bones/Booth/Hanna dynamic as much as some did, but overall I'd liked the ep...

I was kinda surprised that Hanna said no, but at the same time I should have known she would because of how quickly Booth came to the conclusion to ask her in the first place. having avoided spoilers for the show lately I will say that I have a hunch that we may see a little more of Hanna in the future... She's not completely done yet...
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
I am still thinking that Hanna will either become a victim of, or target of "The Sniper"..

But, having said all that, I have to say that I personally found Fisher to be abnoxious and completely annoying to the point that I was actually starting to get **** off at him (And the actor himself!!!) near the end of his rediculous antics. He is a close 2nd for my personally most disliked Squint so far (Zack will always be the #1 tool in my book)...

I really did like the way TPTB handled the interaction of Booth and Bones at the bar in the end scene though :thumbup:, they could have really ballzed things up but they kept it simple, with a great performance from Booth and a quiet (but very understandably concerned) Bones. I would have been upset if she had just broken down and flaked out. Her decision to simply stay (and drink) was perfect IMHO...
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby 4815162342execute on Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:59 am

I agree that the case itself wasn't all that great- just ok.  It was the last 5 minute or something that I enjoyed. DB did a wonderful job with his acting. I felt more for him in this episode than when he told Bones he loved her in the 100th episode and I didn't think that would be possible.  
I saw this article and think it brings up a good point about Booth sabotaging his relationship with Hannah.
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/bones/did-booth-sabotage-his-own-rel-39359.aspx
4815162342execute
Show Expert

Postby HannaK on Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:59 pm

Might be because I am so tired but I almost fell asleep during the first 32 minutes of the episode. I dunno, lately I just can't seem to invest in the cases anymore. But the last 10 minutes were really, really great. First the proposal and break up scene and then the scene in the bar. It was just so beautifully done, they didn't overdo it or anything. The writing was great, the acting was great just wow.

4815162342execute wrote: 
I saw this article and think it brings up a good point about Booth sabotaging his relationship with Hannah.
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/bones/did-booth-sabotage-his-own-rel-39359.aspx

Interesting and funny read! I also noticed the difference between Hannahs 'What happens now' and Bones' 'What happens next' And I agree...someone needs to get that ring back! :P
Two Sides wrote:I found the Juliet to my Shawn :wub: :wub:

"Words are futile devices.''
HannaK
Supporting Actor

Postby Elize34 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:43 pm

Agree with what most people have said, case was pretty mweh (though Angela was great).
It were the last 10 minutes that were pretty damn amazing, I thought the reaction of Booth was completely logical and understandable, he has every right to be mad. Also, I get the feeling Booth focused all his attention Hannah when she was clearly not as much... devoted to their relationship as I orginally thought.

Agree it is too soon for B&B to get together now (though a small part of me still hoped for drunk Booth to just kiss her or something), at least there is one big obstacle out of of the way now.
Thanks HannaK for making me this unearthly awesome banner!

http://have-heart-my-dear.tumblr.com/ <--- my Tumblr
Elize34
Stunt Double

Postby SmokeyD on Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:29 pm

Elize34 wrote:(though a small part of me still hoped for drunk Booth to just kiss her or something), at least there is one big obstacle out of of the way now.

I think it's safe to say that you are not alone on this. But I think it would have screwed things up even worse. Their (B & B) relationship has been more like tennis than chess. Where one person makes a move and the other just reacts to what has been shot over the net (so to speak). The first volley was Booth to Bones... Bones defelected, Then it was Bones to Booth... Bones deflects...

I think the only thing that might have changed the dynamic in the last few minutes would be if Booth hadn't been drinking. I think that if he had been sober, Bones might have reacted in a different manner. (As in more into it)...

I thnk her reaction... just sitting there and tying one on with him, was the best outcome. Anything else IMHO would have been laying a groundwork for failure as then any 'relationship' would have seemed more like a rebound than a true one...
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby Elize34 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:14 pm

SmokeyD wrote:
Elize34 wrote:(though a small part of me still hoped for drunk Booth to just kiss her or something), at least there is one big obstacle out of of the way now.

I think it's safe to say that you are not alone on this. But I think it would have screwed things up even worse. Their (B & B) relationship has been more like tennis than chess. Where one person makes a move and the other just reacts to what has been shot over the net (so to speak). The first volley was Booth to Bones... Bones defelected, Then it was Bones to Booth... Bones deflects...

I think the only thing that might have changed the dynamic in the last few minutes would be if Booth hadn't been drinking. I think that if he had been sober, Bones might have reacted in a different manner. (As in more into it)...

I thnk her reaction... just sitting there and tying one on with him, was the best outcome. Anything else IMHO would have been laying a groundwork for failure as then any 'relationship' would have seemed more like a rebound than a true one...

mm, true. I suppose that if I can wait 6 seasons, I can wait for one (a few?) more so they'll get a steady relationship, Because once they cross that line, they can't ever get back. So if they are going to try it, is has to be done right. So I'll just be all like; 'sitting, wishing, waiting'
Thanks HannaK for making me this unearthly awesome banner!

http://have-heart-my-dear.tumblr.com/ <--- my Tumblr
Elize34
Stunt Double

Postby kristy815 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:47 am

This is a very straaaannngeee universe in which Bones occurs.

Noooobody wants to take Seely Booth home for keeps? Nobody? C'mon. Granted, he does seem to continually go after emotionally unavailable women. . .but still . . .you'd think he'd have run across 1 in 3 that might have taken him up on it.

Even for a show where they find dead bodies hidden in chocolate bars, this is starting to be a bit too much of a suspension of disbelief.

And who are these people on television that they can just casually toss expensive jewelry into bodies of water around the world? Am I the only one whose engagement ring was bought on a payment plan? I though Booth was a government employee - not a multi-millionare. These guys on these shows have GOT to quit watching Lord of the Rings. ;)

Okay, rant over. :)
So, who is this Mr. Bench anyway?
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby 4815162342execute on Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:32 am

Haha Kristy! I totally agree with you!
4815162342execute
Show Expert

Return to Bones Discussion [No spoilers!]