Episode 5.16

Spoiler discussion for 'Bones'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Episode 5.16

Postby JackThursby on Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:15 am

Just watched it and,
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
for god's sake they had the perfect moment for them the whole season had been building up to it and then the writers **** around with us again, I'm heartbroken by the ending and won't be watching any more Bones
JackThursby
Viewer

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Episode 5.16

Postby Sandiwich11 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:27 pm

Oh noes :O I haven't had a chance to see it yet, won't get a chance until after work. What was so wrong with it?

Follow me on Twitter: Sandiwich11
Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Postby Sandiwich11 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:23 pm

I loved and hated that scene between Booth and Bones at the end of the episode, I realise that it had to be addressed at some point, and the emotion in the whole scene was so heart wrenchingly sincere from both of them that it has easily become my favourite scene in the whole series.

But...I'm really worried that they are going to spoil the whole thing in the upcoming episodes. We've got the two of them pretending to be married in this weeks story, in front of all her old class mates. And then the following week we have Booth getting a lot of interest from a marine biologist. I've always loved the interaction between them and the way it has been portrayed so far has been great as it hasn't been too obvious or central to the story. The last thing I want to see in the show is their relationship taking over the main arc.

Saying that, I have faith in Hart to prove me wrong :lol:

Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Postby 4815162342execute on Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:44 am

I feel pretty much the same way sandi. Next week looks promising for them of course but when he gets a new potential love interest it makes it not seem good. But didn't I read somewhere that Rena Sofer has only been signed to a couple of episodes? That is potentially good news :)

But the finale seems to shed some more light on the relationship so hoping that it is good news :) I mean, it can only get better from here right because to be any worse would to have them not work together and then there would be no show so that's not going to happen. I understand that you can't have them together too early in the show but hey Ross and Rachel finally made it so why can't Booth and Bones? :D
4815162342execute
Show Expert

Postby kristy815 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:55 am

I would have thought it was a better scene to end a season on. . .because then you could come back from the break and have Booth off on assignment somewhere and her on a dig in Peru or something until the rawness of the emotion had time to wear off. Slamming them straight into an undercover case as husband and wife after that little talk seems a bit jarring.

But they don't always stay linear do they? Maybe they'll let a few weeks pass off-screen between episodes. Or do we already know that they jump straight to the next case?
So, who is this Mr. Bench anyway?
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby Sandiwich11 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:10 pm

I watched the episode last night, and they did just jump straight into the next case :( I think you're right, this would have been better at the end of the season, but I suppose they wanted to make the 100th episode one no one would forget, and I think they have achieved that at least :lol:

I think Rena Sofer is only in a couple of episodes, but tbh I'm more worried now after seeing last nights episode than I was before about her. I'll wait until the discussion thread goes up tonight before going into more detail thou.

Their relationship atm does remind me a lot of Ross and Rachel, not that I watched Friends much. They pulled off Hodgins and Angela well, so I'm hoping this will all work out in the wash too :D

Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Postby kristy815 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:04 pm

How'd you get to watch. . .oh, Canada. . .I forgot.

Well, is it at least a fun case to watch? The nice thing about Bones is usually that they save the romance for the last 3 minutes anyway.
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby Sandiwich11 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:12 pm

There were a few things that didn't sit well with me in the episode, Bones is a bit of a **** to Booth at one point, and Robert Englund's role was nothing like I expected, he was just a cheap and cheesy addition that didn't quite work imo :( It's quite heavy on the romance side of things throughout tbh, with Angela/Hodgins/the intern (whose name I forget) and Booth/Bones.

God, it sounds as thou I hated the episode, I didn't cos it was good. But I get the feeling they were going for a high school reunion/Scream/relationship angst type feel to it all and failed :lol:

Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Postby kristy815 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:30 pm

I hope they aren't making the same mistake Moonlighting did. Moonlighting started out such a fun little detective show with the whole - will they won't they thing driving it.

And then after they did - instead of sticking to the detective format, it was almost like they lost track of that side of it altogether and I always thought that was what ruined it - not the fact that they got together.
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby 4815162342execute on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:27 pm

kristy815 wrote:I hope they aren't making the same mistake Moonlighting did. Moonlighting started out such a fun little detective show with the whole - will they won't they thing driving it.

And then after they did - instead of sticking to the detective format, it was almost like they lost track of that side of it altogether and I always thought that was what ruined it - not the fact that they got together.

I think that they are worried about the 'Moonlight effect" and thus keeping them apart for this long. I guess its just hard because they have pushed it so hard at times and after a while it just gets frustrating. Its a fine line to keep us fans happy :D
4815162342execute
Show Expert

Postby emman on Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:28 pm

I watched this episode and I didn't like it.
emman
Viewer

Return to Bones Spoilers