Banned for unknown reason

You can appeal your chat room bans/suspensions here.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Banned for unknown reason

Postby wzem on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:32 am

Hi,
when tried to log in to the chatroom during Ab Aeterno last week, I was told that i was banned from #darkufo.
Since I'm mostly there to lurk during the comercial breaks and I rarely wright anything, especially no spoilers (I'm rather spoiler-free this season), I have no idea why I got banned.
I couldn't log in for Ab Aeterno so it must have happened the week before. I always have one of those random "mib_something" names. It would be great if I were able to chat again, now that the final season slowly comes to a close.
Please help, thanks!
wzem
Viewer

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Banned for unknown reason

Postby Iceman on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:45 am

I looked at the logs for that day. The range was banned. You should be unbanned now.

However there was someone in that range named "nuuu" who mentioned it was a Richard episode well before it aired. That is a spoiler, and an instant ban, because we have a ZERO tolerance policy. So if that was you, you will still be banned. The ban list gets cleared every few weeks, so you will get another chance later. It's non-negotiable.

If that wasn't you, you have nothing to worry about because the range itself was unbanned, so you should be fine.

I'm locking this now, as it is resolved. PM me with anymore problems, but not to argue with the ban if "nuuu" was indeed you.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Return to Chat Room Appeals