Chat Room Ban Appeal - Snaketongue

You can appeal your chat room bans/suspensions here.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Chat Room Ban Appeal - Snaketongue

Postby snaketongue on Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:34 pm

I was banned from the livechat at the weekend for an offence that is at best unclear. Sandi banned me because I had her on ignore during the livechat. The reason I had Sandi on ignore was because she had a few days earlier PM'd me asking me to speak to every member in the room, as opposed to what I can only imagine were only those I was debating with. I have used the chat for weeks with no problem and enjoyed using it.

Sandi claims it is breaking the rules to have an op on ignore, when after checking the rule page it makes no mention at all of this. It is also in no way realistic to have a room of 30 users and everyone get along, but I respected the rest of the room to not swear, use insults or argue with anyone over non LOST issues.

When I confronted Sandi over this, she changed her story to say that instead of being banned for having her on ignore, it was because I openly voiced concern that ops were kicking people for no reason. This was because I saw people over the last few weeks kicked for not breaking the rules. BauerUK asked me to raise any concerns with ops in the room, and when I did Sandi claims it was why she banned me. How can Sandi ban me when BauerUK and Keeping Pace said it was fine to raise issues?

Again Sandi then became evasive and refused to tell me what really went wrong. Then under another screenname Sandi uses (Iceman815), she pretended to be another person in reprimanding me by switching between the two names interchangably. How can the room grow when members are being kicked for no reason? I appreciate other users may have violated spoiler policy, but I have not.

I would like my case to be looked at, and naturally I would like it evaluated by someone that isn't Sandi. Yes that means not Sandi or any screenname she uses pretending to be someone else be it Iceman or anyone else.
snaketongue
Viewer

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Chat Room Ban Appeal - Snaketongue

Postby Maqrkk on Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:40 pm

snaketongue wrote:Then under another screenname Sandi uses (Iceman815), she pretended to be another person in reprimanding me by switching between the two names interchangably.

I have no knowledge of what went down, but Iceman815 and sandi are not the same person. Iceman815 is a mod on this forum and in the chat, and sandi is a half-op in the chat. They are not the same.
Xbox360 Gamertag: Maqrkk - 26310 Gamerscore
Maqrkk
Forum Technician

Re: Chat Room Ban Appeal - Snaketongue

Postby Maqrkk on Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:33 am

Upon appeal we have reviewed all chat logs with the senior staff pertaining to your case and we will not be unbanning you
Xbox360 Gamertag: Maqrkk - 26310 Gamerscore
Maqrkk
Forum Technician

Return to Chat Room Appeals