Happy 2nd Forum Anniversary!

Forum Announcements and Site News

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Happy 2nd Forum Anniversary!

Postby Dharmageddon on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:32 am

You might be wondering why the forum has been overrun by orange and lime blobs. The title of this announcement says it all. Today marks the 2nd anniversary of the SpoilerTV forum. That's right, because two years ago today the forum opened it's doors to a wave of forum beta testers. There were over 100 willing participants at that time, and then shortly after that the floodgates opened to thousands more.

The forum has grown exponentially since April of 2008. What started out as a very basic forum setup gradually evolved and then exploded into what we see here today; a multifaceted community clubhouse. Two years later and we find ourselves into the tens-of-thousands range for member-count.

Server statistics have shown a steady growth in activity over the two years, with the first quarter of 2010 alone garnering a lick under 4 million hits. That is quite something, and of course it is all down to the continued participation and contributions of all of you, members and staff alike.

Speaking of staff, I would just like to take a quick moment to extend my admiration to the team of SpoilerTV forum staff members, for their continued efforts in keeping this forum safe and friendly, so that all forum members may enjoy the community. It can at times be a difficult job, as well as a strenuous one. Their dedication deserves mention.

---

Whilst last year's forum anniversary saw the forum take on a blinding pink makeover, this year sees a slightly less blinding one. Cue the collective sigh of relief.

With that being said, we've still managed to squeeze some pink out of the old forum yet, and it comes in the form of... yes, that's right... your username. Ladies, enjoy it. Fellas, try to pretend that it's salmon.

Fear not. These wacky changes are merely temporary, and just our way of adding a little bit of glamour to this anniversary occasion. Come tomorrow, things will return back to normal... Maybe...

:sneaky:

---

It is no secret that LOST has been at the heart of this community, and with LOST coming to an end soon, focus will inevitably begin to take a natural shift. With this in mind, we plan to introduce several new ideas going forward, which hopefully will add even more depth to an already involved community. Expect more information on some of these ideas and changes in the coming weeks and months.

Also, and as always, forum suggestions are always welcome, and you can submit them at the following section: Click Here

The only other thing left to say is that this is an open announcement, so feel free to post a message within this thread. Perhaps you have a fond forum memory to share, or maybe you'd just like to wish the forum a happy anniversary. Whatever it is, share it with us!

Thank you all for being a part of the SpoilerTV forum. You are the heart and soul. Long may it continue.
Dharmageddon
Administrator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Happy 2nd Forum Anniversary!

Postby Lockes disciple on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:45 am

Congratulations! It's funny because today I changed a few settings on my laptop and then came to this site and thought I had screwed up the colors! I was like,"How the hell did I make this thing become green and orange instead of blue when I can't even figure out how to upload the right size avatar or signature?"

I love this forum. The conversations are always very interesting and the people are for the most part polite, respectful and intelligent about the shows they discuss. I really enjoy discussing my favorite shows here rather than other sites because of all this. I only started coming here about a year ago. In fact I remember the first spoiler I ever read was for the "Whatever happened, happened" episode of Lost and the first photo was Jack, Kate, Hurley and Sawyer wearing Dharma jumpsuits. This was prior to season 5 starting and it was this spoiler that got me intrigued enough to keep coming back.

I'll continue to show up here after Lost ends, even though it's the main show I discuss here. I'm glad to hear you guys are planning some new ideas for the forum. Good Luck and congrats to a fabulous website.
Last edited by Lockes disciple on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lockes disciple
Star Billing

Postby 4815162342execute on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:46 am

I was wondering what the cause of the festive colors were!!

Happy Anniversary Forums!

I have enjoyed getting to know some of you on here- mostly through mafia. Thanks for the fun :)

4815162342execute
Show Expert

Postby Heiots on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:47 am

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! This is an amazing forum with amazing people. :wub: I love the colours. They make me happy.
:flowers: Caution: All Juliet related :flowers:
My Fanfiction My YT Videos My Art
Heiots
Star Billing

Postby Thirty-Fiver on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:52 am

Happy Anniversary!! :thumbsup:

Can someone put into perspective how much traffic 4 million hits for a quarter actually is compared to other sites? Obviously it's a lot but I'm just curious as to how much traffic other popular forums get.

Again, happy anniversary and a big thanks to all the staff. I'm on other forums, and besides all of the awesome members we have here, the staff is a big part of why this is my favorite place to come to. You guys are the best. :thumbup:
It's like doing peyote and sneezing slowly for six hours.
Thirty-Fiver
Emmy Nominee

Postby Iceman on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:53 am

Shirt = Username Color.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby BookhouseBoy on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:53 am

Happy anniversary gang... thanks for helping me kill so many hours of each day, being a total nerd ! :P
BookhouseBoy
Show Expert

Postby Cyndyk on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:54 am

I hope we can keep the colors, they brighten up the place! Happy 2nd birthday!
ImageImage

"There was Winkage" Audrey Parker
Cyndyk
Guest Star

Postby mom on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:55 am

I joined a year too late. :( Since I have been here I have made many friends and have a lot of fun on the forums. I look forward to the changes coming after Lost ( I need something to look forward to after Lost ) I am sure they will be fantastic. :thumbup: I love how all the Mod's are so willing to help you or answer any questions they are the sweetest bunch. Thanks so much for not banning me for my atrocious posting abilities I swear it is never on purpose who knows how I do it :blush: :lol: I am glad to have found such a beautiful and wonderful bunch of people. Sooo happy I joined!
:wub:
Happy Anniversary STV!

Thanks to zeek for the most awesome signature!
mom
Emmy Nominee

Location: In the sky with Lucy visting Sadie hope I don`t get a ticket from Rita.

Postby Iceman on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:56 am

Cyndyk wrote:I hope we can keep the colors

No. No, no. No. I hope not.

My eyes would bleed.

Although it could be worse I guess :|
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby Heiots on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:57 am

BookhouseBoy wrote:Happy anniversary gang... thanks for helping me kill so many hours of each day, being a total nerd ! :P

How come your username's still black? :hmm:
Heiots
Star Billing

Postby Dharmageddon on Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:00 am

Heiots wrote:
BookhouseBoy wrote:Happy anniversary gang... thanks for helping me kill so many hours of each day, being a total nerd ! :P

Good point...

Nobody gets to avoid the pink... Nobody!

Fixed.
Dharmageddon
Administrator

Postby Iceman on Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:02 am

Dharmageddon wrote:Nobody gets to avoid the pink... Nobody!

At least we avoided the pink background :D
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby Heiots on Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:03 am

Dharmageddon wrote:
Heiots wrote:

Good point...

Nobody gets to avoid the pink... Nobody!

Fixed.

I'm loving this. :thumbsup:

ETA: Even the mods and admin? :P
Last edited by Heiots on Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heiots
Star Billing

Postby Ewing on Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:03 am

It's all... '90s looking. I feel like I'm watching the Spurs play the Jazz in 1996.

With a cameo appearance at halftime by two members of the New York Islanders.

Of course, it wouldn't be complete without a fan at courtside rocking an obscure Orlando Thunder jersey from the WLAF.

Ewing
Stunt Double

Next

Return to Announcements