Snap Judgement: Thoughts on the Characters

General discussion for 'Flash forward'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Snap Judgement: Thoughts on the Characters

Postby Nick on Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:12 am

We've only had one episode thus far, but I've sort of formed opinions on most of the characters. What do you all think of everyone thus far?

Mark Benford: I like him overall. He seems like a good guy and he's really not annoying at all, which seems to be pretty rare these days for a lead character to be really likable.
Olivia Benford: I like her, but there really isn't any mystery regarding her. What you see is what you get. We've got her flash forward, and what now? They're treading on dangerous territory though with her though, as there's no doubt there's about to be another triangle of doom formed soon with Mark and "the other man"
Demitri: I don't really like him...even though I like John Cho, he's just the character I happened to not give a damn about, and the only thing keeping me interested in him is his possible death flash forward.
Nicole: She's alright. Not a very good babysitter though. I'm curious to see what kind of disaster occurred in the flash forward that's got her so spooked.
Bryce: I find him kind of boring. I'm wondering what was so amazing in his Flash Forward that kept him from killing himself and why he wanted to kill himself in the first place.
Janis: Eh, whatever. I don't feel one way or another about her. Guess for the babydaddy: Wedeck, the guy reading the paper
Stanford Wedeck: No thoughts on him really. He doesn't seem to be of any importance other than bossing everyone around. So, he's going to the bathroom in his flash forward. No comment.
Aaron Stark: I like him thus far. Interesting that his daughter is still somehow alive.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Snap Judgement: Thoughts on the Characters

Postby kristy815 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:54 am

Mark Benford: He's my favorite kind of character. An FBI agent - sweet to his daughter - a mistake in his past that he's overcome - and he shows signs of a dangerous obsession with the mosaic. . .

Olivia Benford: She was likable and I like that she was horrified at the idea of being with another man. I liked her dynamic with Mark. They had that cute little opposite-thing going on. She has potential. . .

Demitri: I didn't think I liked him at first. But there was something endearing about the scene where he calls the fiance to tell her 'Islands in the Stream' is alright with him. I'm hoping he's going to give his 'todays' all he's got because he figures he's got no tomorrow.

Nicole: Seemed okay. Kind of seemed to fill one of those 'voice the audience question' type roles.

Bryce: Well, I didn't like him all that much but I was intrigued. . .I want to know his story. . .I bet I end up liking him.

Janis: Is this the FBI girl? I liked her. Thought the little scene where she said she didn't even have a boyfriend was kind of cute.

Stanford Wedeck: Don't even know who this is. . .

Aaron Stark: He may have been my favorite. He's just such an everyman. And he's one of the few that I want to see fulfill his future.

Simcoe: The guy Olivia may have an affair with. . .don't like him already. . .homewrecker ;) (with my track record, he'll end up being the hero of the whole show.)
So, who is this Mr. Bench anyway?
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby deneph on Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:53 pm

My two cents

Mark - Like him but then again it's Jospeh Fiennes, what's not to like? Not looking forward to seeing him hitting the bottle though.

Olivia - Glad she was upset about the thought of being with someone else. I'm hoping she's misreading her flash, I want her to continue to hate her husband. ;)

Demitri - Like the actor playing him but think he's a bad guy, he may not know it though. He's definitly suspicious.

Bryce - Okay I guess, would really like to know what was worth shooting yourself in the head on a public pier.

Stanford - Hilarious that he was on the toilet and lied about it.

Nicole - Eh, not a lot to work with so far, would like to know what she's being punished for.

FBI girl - Only thought on her was that her necklace was too big for that shirt, didn't quite work.

Simcoe - Has to be bad, another bummer since I like the actor. I think he could be suspect zero right now.

Aaron - Just glad he didn't get electrocuted. That would have been ugly.
deneph
Guest Star

Postby rilizzo on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:19 pm

deneph wrote:
Simcoe - Has to be bad, another bummer since I like the actor. I think he could be suspect zero right now.

I also think it's possible that he could be suspect zero. Yes, I really like the actor too. He was great as the bad guy in Curse of the Black Pearl, so I won't be dissapointed if his character is bad in this too.

Mark- so far my favorite character. Really likeable!

Olivia- great reaction to her flashback.

Demitri- I think I'll warm up to him. :)

I don't really have an opinion about anyone else at the moment. Too soon to tell. :)
set by obviously394 @ the-dark-arts.net
rilizzo
Guest Star

Postby deneph on Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:53 pm

rilizzo wrote:
deneph wrote:

I also think it's possible that he could be suspect zero. Yes, I really like the actor too. He was great as the bad guy in Curse of the Black Pearl, so I won't be dissapointed if his character is bad in this too.

I wouldn't say he was bad in Black Pearl, he just wasn't Orlando Bloom. I felt bad for him in Black Pearl and was rather glad he was spared marrying Keira Knightly. :)
deneph
Guest Star

Postby Nick on Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:14 am

Forgot my thoughts on Simcoe:

I don't like him already, but nothing I can do about that really. If the awake person in the baseball game is ANYONE we know, it'll be him. But I don't think it is. I just think he's a homewrecker.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby Bigmaster B on Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:31 pm

Nick wrote:Forgot my thoughts on Simcoe:

I don't like him already, but nothing I can do about that really. If the awake person in the baseball game is ANYONE we know, it'll be him. But I don't think it is. I just think he's a homewrecker.

I don't think Simcoe is "Suspect Zero", either.

Because in case he is we could assume that :

1. Simcoe is one of those (as I am sure, there more than Gibbson & him) who haven't had a blackout and furthermore not being involved in the causing of the blackout.

I'd rule this assumption since in case of Nr. 1 being true I assume he would appear more in a devastated manner than he actually does. Just think about it: You are in a stadium filled with thousands of people, thousands of voices and noises and within a moment everyone excluding yourself drops unconscious. That is nothing you could digest within a few hours or days. I mean, wouldn't you treat everybody with a sense of suspicion since all of them obviously shared the same experience in blacking out while you didn't... and maybe get a feeling of loneliness among all these people? Feeling like a stranger?
Still, he was capable to talk to Olivia in a very reasonable and even sympathetic and charming way.

or

2. Simcoe is involved in the causing of the blackout.

In my opinion that scenario is unlikely because of his son Dylan, his behaviour towards him and how he appears emotionally (somehow numb like he still could not grasp the circumstances completely) in concerns of his wife's death. If he was involved I think he would have taken precautions to assure his wife and, maybe even more, Dylan won't be in a possible dangerous situation as soon as the blackout occurs.

Oh, wait. There could even be a third scenario: He is "Suspect Zero", knows of what is going on but does not want to be part of whatever it is, maybe tried/is trying to avoid what happened/could happen in the future, now being held up by his wife's and son's tragic accident… Probably too far fetched.
In the end he is just a worried father who bumps into Olivia and eventually begins and affair with her.
´
Well, just some thoughts...
Bigmaster B
Viewer

Postby fingersplints on Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:46 pm

I was looking through the Flash Forward threads because I wanted to find a character discussion one, and then I found this. It’s funny how much has changed since the first few episodes.

Nick wrote:Mark Benford: I like him overall. He seems like a good guy and he's really not annoying at all, which seems to be pretty rare these days for a lead character to be really likable.

:lol:

I find it funny that there was discussion on whether or not Lloyd was suspect zero. Maybe it’s just me, but I thought the “twist” that Simon was suspect zero to be obvious. I knew Dominic was going to be on this show, and when we saw Suspect Zero, and I believe it was Janis that said Suspect Zero was about 5’8” I knew it was going to be whatever character Dom was going to play.
mafia timer

Miss Ford <3
fingersplints
Star Billing

Postby beresford on Sun May 02, 2010 8:55 pm

fingersplints wrote:I was looking through the Flash Forward threads because I wanted to find a character discussion one, and then I found this. It’s funny how much has changed since the first few episodes.

Nick wrote:Mark Benford: I like him overall. He seems like a good guy and he's really not annoying at all, which seems to be pretty rare these days for a lead character to be really likable.

:lol:

I find it funny that there was discussion on whether or not Lloyd was suspect zero. Maybe it’s just me, but I thought the “twist” that Simon was suspect zero to be obvious. I knew Dominic was going to be on this show, and when we saw Suspect Zero, and I believe it was Janis that said Suspect Zero was about 5’8” I knew it was going to be whatever character Dom was going to play.

This is funny. I remember even before Flash Forward premiered I had seen a sneek peak with Dominic in it, it was the scene in which he come sinto Mark's office and says he knows about the FF or something like that. Then I saw the pilot episode and I thought suspect zero was going to be him, and he wasn't even introduced. However, when he was introduced, I had completely forgot about that and it was only after it was revealed that was him (and yes, I was surprised) that I remembered it!
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience

Heiots wrote:beresford is Juliet King! Just can't argue that fact.
beresford
Emmy Nominee

Return to Flash Forward [No spoilers!]