[Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.17 Discussion

General discussion for 'Flash forward'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.17 Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:11 pm

"The Garden of Forking Paths"

8:00PM

Discuss the latest FlashForward episode here.


DEMETRI'S LIFE HANGS IN THE BALANCE AS MARK AND HIS TEAM SEARCH FOR HIM, AND OLIVIA LEARNS THE IDENTITY OF THE PERSON WHO TEXTED HER ABOUT MARK'S DRINKING IN HIS FLASHFORWARD, ON ABC'S "FLASHFORWARD"

"The Garden of Forking Paths" - The clock is ticking on Demetri's life as Mark and his team go in search of his whereabouts; terror suspect Alda Herzog promises to give Zoey intel on where Demetri is - but at a price; and Olivia learns the identity of the person who sent her the text message informing her that Mark was drinking in his flashforward, on "FlashForward," THURSDAY, APRIL 22 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"FlashForward" stars Joseph Fiennes as Mark Benford, John Cho as Demetri Noh, Jack Davenport as Lloyd Simcoe, Zachary Knighton as Bryce Varley, Peyton List as Nicole Kirby, Dominic Monaghan as Simon, Br’an F. O'Byrne as Aaron Stark, Courtney B. Vance as Stanford Wedeck, Sonya Walger as Olivia Benford and Christine Woods as Janis Hawk.

Guest starring are Gabrielle Union as Zoey, Lennon Wynn as Charlie, Barry Shabaka Henley as Agent Vreede, Michael Massee as Dyson Frost, Rachel Roberts as Alda Schmidt, Malachi Smith as boy, James Callis as Gabriel McDow, Norma Maldonado as Judge Sandoz, Neil Jackson as Lucas Hellinger, Rizwan Manji as Maneesh, Jonathan Levit as Dewey, Geoffrey Owens as Dr. Julian Ebbing and Lawrence A. Mandley as Kent Nelson.

"The Garden of Forking Paths" was written by David S. Goyer & Lisa Zwerling and directed by Nick Gomez.

Source: ABC


- Promotional Photos
- Promo
- Promo 2
Image
Image

You have to invite me in.
User avatar
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator
 
Posts: 8326
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 3:49 am
Location: Fangtasia
Gender: Female


Ads are removed for registered users






Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.17 Discussion

Postby SmokeyD on Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:19 pm

Siphoned gas???? With no hose??? That quickly???? C'mon already... :sneaky:
User avatar
SmokeyD
Show Expert
 
Posts: 1462
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: Outside of Chicago...Somewhere...
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.17 Discussion

Postby thetexashammer on Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:01 pm

I have to admit, for as tough as I've been on Flash Forward, this episode was actually a decent one. In fact, it was probably the best I've seen in a while in regards to plot and storyline. The whole time watching it, I was actually interested in what was going to happen and, until the very end (I'll get to that later), I was glued to the set (unless I had to go to the bathroom).

Enough brown nosing the show, here are the silly things I noticed:

1. One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish? Really? For someone who in his own words said that he's a genious, Dyson Frost sure does seem to like little kids stuff. Pedofile anyone? He sure would be the poster child (no pun intended).

2. I like the green jelly beans! If anyone has had green jelly beans, they know that, aside from the white and black ones, they are the worst of the bunch. Why would any little kid like the mint-flavored green jelly beans. And has anyone figured out whether or not little Charlie is supposed to be autistic or have asburgers? To me, her character seems on the academic level of a 2 or 2 1/2 year old. She's supposed to be in school, but everyone talks to her like a baby. I have a 2 year old and talk to her more like an adult than they ever have on the show. The worse part is that she acts the way they talk to her.

3. The little black boy carrying a superman backback with the cell-phone in it. Taken straight from National Treasure. Good job, producers/director. Can you come up with something on your own, please?

4. OK, so Benford drives to a spot and then starts to run to meet Frost. Here's what I don't get: We later find that Frost parked behind Benford. Once Benford stopped to catch his breath, he looks around and sees Frost walking slowly toward him. The timing doesn't make sense. Benford is either a really slow runner or Frost is an even faster walker. The timing is way off and the producers of Lost would've never made this mistake. Enough comparing to Lost.

5. "Put these cuffs on." "Can I get some water first?" "Sure. PHHHSTTTTTTTT!!!" "Ahhh! You got water in my eyes!" - Do I really have to say anything else?

6. Benford was followed? By a fugitive that just nosedived out of a court window? Psha! First of all, wouldn't they have heard that motorcycle racing toward them or see the dirt flying in the air? I guess the water got in Frosts eyes so he didn't notice. Second of all, when he noticed they were followed, why not run? Didn't he know he was supposed to get shot? I guess that's what he meant when he said it wasn't supposed to happen like this.

7. Benford leaves Frosts' body and runs to the car. Hey everybody, maybe I got lucky and Frost has Demetri tied up in the back of the SUV. I'll open it up to see, nevermind the fact that I could just check in the windows! Nope, no luck here. Thank God for GPS!

8. I'll give the show a break on the Demetri rescue scene. It was pretty good. Nothing horrible that I noticed that would ruin the show.

9. Does nobody have a camera phone anymore? All those flashforwards going to waste because Benford was too cheap to buy a camera phone.

10. The show was pretty good except for the scenes that involved Olivia. First, the scene at the morgue with the autopsy. So they are looking at the guys brain. Ok. But did anyone else notice that when they showed the dead guy's body, he didn't have any scars on his head that would indicate that the brain had been cut out? Second, did anyone else notice that the surgeon she was talking to used to play on the Cosby Show? That was just an interesting fact, but back to the show.

11. The worst part of the show was saved until the very end. So Olivia starts to order coffee and the guy behind her starts to spout off exactly what she was going to order, only really fast. I guess we are supposed to believe that he's some super intelligent guy because he wears a cap and talks really fast and loud. YOU ORDER THIS EVERY TIME EVERY DAY! I get what the show is trying to do here, but can't they get better actors, please? It's like they are getting the cheapest actors they can get and half-way working to get to the plot. This almost ruined a good show for me.

So those were the silly things I noticed from the show. Overall, though, I'd give the show a B. If I was grading it based on a curved scale compared to other Flash Forward episodes, it would receive an A++. If I were grading it based on Lost episodes, F------------.

Enjoy!
thetexashammer
Viewer
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:23 pm
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.17 Discussion

Postby SmokeyD on Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:46 pm

thetexashammer wrote:4. OK, so Benford drives to a spot and then starts to run to meet Frost. Here's what I don't get: We later find that Frost parked behind Benford. Once Benford stopped to catch his breath, he looks around and sees Frost walking slowly toward him. The timing doesn't make sense. Benford is either a really slow runner or Frost is an even faster walker. The timing is way off and the producers of Lost would've never made this mistake. Enough comparing to Lost.


You're being more generous than I on this one, It's just exactly like you said, here's Ada, after jumping out the window (I won't rehash everything you said) and having just escaped Federal custody, she should have more sheriffs, agents, cops, and even crossing guards following her (or at least looking for her),

but also add this... Here's Mark, with dozens FBI agents/cops surrounding him, survialence all over him, and yet he is able to escape them, But for some magical reason... Ada can bloodhound him down???? :sneaky:

OK, yeah... one of their better episodes,

but, that is extremely relative at this point...

Oh, and BTW... December 12th, 2014??? C'mon, do they really think they are going to make it that long? Either the show-runners are joking, or just delusional... O.o O.o
Last edited by SmokeyD on Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
SmokeyD
Show Expert
 
Posts: 1462
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: Outside of Chicago...Somewhere...
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.17 Discussion

Postby dannyswrld on Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:02 pm

SmokeyD wrote:
thetexashammer wrote:4. OK, so Benford drives to a spot and then starts to run to meet Frost. Here's what I don't get: We later find that Frost parked behind Benford. Once Benford stopped to catch his breath, he looks around and sees Frost walking slowly toward him. The timing doesn't make sense. Benford is either a really slow runner or Frost is an even faster walker. The timing is way off and the producers of Lost would've never made this mistake. Enough comparing to Lost.


You're being more generous than I on this one, It's just exactly like you said, here's Ada, after jumping out the window (I won't rehash everything you said), but also add this... Here's Mark, with more FBI agents surrounding him, survialence all over him, and yet he is able to escape them, But for some magical reason... Ada can bloodhound him do.


She probably already knew where they were going to be, via flash forward or something. She knew from the second she was in trial, what was going to happen.
"Dude..." - Hurley
User avatar
dannyswrld
Extra
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:44 pm
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.17 Discussion

Postby thetexashammer on Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:16 pm

dannyswrld wrote:
SmokeyD wrote:
thetexashammer wrote:4. OK, so Benford drives to a spot and then starts to run to meet Frost. Here's what I don't get: We later find that Frost parked behind Benford. Once Benford stopped to catch his breath, he looks around and sees Frost walking slowly toward him. The timing doesn't make sense. Benford is either a really slow runner or Frost is an even faster walker. The timing is way off and the producers of Lost would've never made this mistake. Enough comparing to Lost.


You're being more generous than I on this one, It's just exactly like you said, here's Ada, after jumping out the window (I won't rehash everything you said), but also add this... Here's Mark, with more FBI agents surrounding him, survialence all over him, and yet he is able to escape them, But for some magical reason... Ada can bloodhound him do.


She probably already knew where they were going to be, via flash forward or something. She knew from the second she was in trial, what was going to happen.


It's a good thought, but not likely as both Frost and Benford would've known as well if the FF had anything to do with it. They would've known to look for her. It was really just one of many breakdowns in a poor show that had a surprisingly interesting episode.
thetexashammer
Viewer
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:23 pm
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.17 Discussion

Postby SmokeyD on Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:44 pm

thetexashammer wrote:
dannyswrld wrote:
SmokeyD wrote:
thetexashammer wrote:4. OK, so Benford drives to a spot and then starts to run to meet Frost. Here's what I don't get: We later find that Frost parked behind Benford. Once Benford stopped to catch his breath, he looks around and sees Frost walking slowly toward him. The timing doesn't make sense. Benford is either a really slow runner or Frost is an even faster walker. The timing is way off and the producers of Lost would've never made this mistake. Enough comparing to Lost.


You're being more generous than I on this one, It's just exactly like you said, here's Ada, after jumping out the window (I won't rehash everything you said), but also add this... Here's Mark, with more FBI agents surrounding him, survialence all over him, and yet he is able to escape them, But for some magical reason... Ada can bloodhound him do.


She probably already knew where they were going to be, via flash forward or something. She knew from the second she was in trial, what was going to happen.


It's a good thought, but not likely as both Frost and Benford would've known as well if the FF had anything to do with it. They would've known to look for her. It was really just one of many breakdowns in a poor show that had a surprisingly interesting episode.


Even a broken clock is right twice a day...
User avatar
SmokeyD
Show Expert
 
Posts: 1462
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: Outside of Chicago...Somewhere...
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.17 Discussion

Postby b3rt4 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:00 pm

SmokeyD wrote:Oh, and BTW... December 12th, 2014??? C'mon, do they really think they are going to make it that long? Either the show-runners are joking, or just delusional... O.o O.o

Lol, it was 2016. :PP
Image
Image

TigerBlood
User avatar
b3rt4
VIP
 
Posts: 3690
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 10:46 am
Location: Germany
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.17 Discussion

Postby SmokeyD on Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:09 pm

b3rt4 wrote:
SmokeyD wrote:Oh, and BTW... December 12th, 2014??? C'mon, do they really think they are going to make it that long? Either the show-runners are joking, or just delusional... O.o O.o

Lol, it was 2016. :PP


You are so right, sorry, my train of attention was shaken by that point (Needed a beer to calm my nerves!!!)... but that even makes it more optimistic...
User avatar
SmokeyD
Show Expert
 
Posts: 1462
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: Outside of Chicago...Somewhere...
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.17 Discussion

Postby matt123 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:48 pm

I agree for the most part with what has been said. But, to the above poster who said the guy at the end with olivia was a bad actor. No way. He was amazing as Baltar on BSG, and I'm excited to see more of him.
matt123
Viewer
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:49 am
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.17 Discussion

Postby Constant Loophole on Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:22 pm

Nothing horrible that I noticed that would ruin the show.


All he needed to do was jam something reasonably strong behind the trigger. Problem solved. Show ruined. :PP

I thought it was a good episode. But overall, yeah, despite the fact that Lost has had ******* tropical polar bears, smoke monsters, ghosts, etc. and even a show like V has lizard aliens and whatnot, Flashforward is the show that can't suspend my disbelief. It's like its the sloppy glossy American version of a great original British version of Flashforward that has never existed.

BTW, if this were Lost, there'd already be a 10 page thread devoted to a screenshot gallery of Frost's chalklines.
Any chance anyone has screenshots of it?
"You really think this is all coincidence?"
User avatar
Constant Loophole
Extra
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:13 pm
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.17 Discussion

Postby SmokeyD on Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:53 pm

Constant Loophole wrote:
Nothing horrible that I noticed that would ruin the show.


All he needed to do was jam something reasonably strong behind the trigger. Problem solved. Show ruined. :PP

I thought it was a good episode. But overall, yeah, despite the fact that Lost has had ******* tropical polar bears, smoke monsters, ghosts, etc. and even a show like V has lizard aliens and whatnot, Flashforward is the show that can't suspend my disbelief. It's like its the sloppy glossy American version of a great original British version of Flashforward that has never existed.

BTW, if this were Lost, there'd already be a 10 page thread devoted to a screenshot gallery of Frost's chalklines.
Any chance anyone has screenshots of it?


This would be true if FF writers paid as much attention to detail as LOST's do. Because I have the sinking suspicsion that as soon as some did try to 'follow' the diagram, TPTB would decide to not bother with being authentic, and any such study of it would end up being worthless...
User avatar
SmokeyD
Show Expert
 
Posts: 1462
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:17 pm
Location: Outside of Chicago...Somewhere...
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.17 Discussion

Postby beresford on Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:39 am

Well I didn't think it was one of their best episodes, I think they've done better before, but it was still better than some episodes before the break. I am bit annoyed with Simon's abscence, I really like his character. And Janis is a big question mark for me right now.
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience


Heiots wrote:beresford is Juliet King! Just can't argue that fact.
User avatar
beresford
Emmy Nominee
 
Posts: 1985
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:42 am
Gender: Male

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.17 Discussion

Postby Michelle on Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:19 am

It was a pretty intense episode even though it was predictable...
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Michelle
Emmy Nominee
 
Posts: 2688
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 5:20 am
Gender: Female

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.17 Discussion

Postby Sym on Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:23 am

good episode i like more!!!
TVSHOWTIME PROFILE
https://www.tvtime.com/en/user/6964315/profile
[img]https://i.postimg.cc/D0bT8qRW/Screenshot-6.jpg[img]

We are the rejected,the humiliated,we are the outcasts.We are the monsters that you created #TheFinal
User avatar
Sym
Emmy Nominee
 
Posts: 2886
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:08 pm
Location: In the Tardis go To Nassau
Gender: Female

Next

Return to Flash Forward [No spoilers!]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron