[Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.18 Discussion

General discussion for 'Flash forward'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.18 Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:05 pm

"Goodbye Yellow Brick Road"

8:00PM

Discuss the latest Flash Forward episode here.

JANIS CONTINUES HER ROLE AS AN INSIDE MOLE AT THE FBI, OLIVIA GETS DISTURBING NEWS FROM A MAN WHO’S BEEN SUBJECTED TO NUMEROUS FLASHFORWARDS, AND AARON’S LIFE IS IN DANGER AS HE CONTINUES HIS SEARCH FOR HIS DAUGHTER, ON ABC’S “FLASHFORWARD”

James Callis (“Battlestar Galactica”) and Annabeth Gish Guest Star “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road” – Janis continues to thwart her fellow FBI agents as an inside mole to a mysterious employer; Olivia is given some disturbing news by Gabriel (James Callis, Gaius Baltar on “Battlestar Galactica”), who has been subjected to numerous flashforwards; and Aaron’s life is in danger in Afghanistan when he tries to blend in with the locals as he continues his search for his daughter, on “FlashForward,” THURSDAY, APRIL 29 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“FlashForward” stars Joseph Fiennes as Mark Benford, John Cho as Demetri Noh, Jack Davenport as Lloyd Simcoe, Zachary Knighton as Bryce Varley, Peyton List as Nicole Kirby, Dominic Monaghan as Simon, Brían F. O'Byrne as Aaron Stark, Courtney B. Vance as Stanford Wedeck, Sonya Walger as Olivia Benford and Christine Woods as Janis Hawk.

Guest starring are Lennon Wynn as Charlie, Michael Ealy as Marshall Vogel, Barry Shabaka Henley as Agent Vreede, Michael Massee as Dyson Frost, James Callis as Gabriel McDow, Afshin De Jesus Hashemi as waiter, Lee Garlington as Carline, Sarah Ripard as Dr. Rupin Verma, Ron Orbach as Carl Corey, Stacy Hall as Ralph, Ravi Kapoor as Malik, Marquessa Moreland as ultrasound technician, Catherine McGoohan as Dr. Candace Weaver, Sina Amedson as Taliban gunman, Dominic Rains as Kahmir, Annabeth Gish as Lita and Pascal Petardi as Agent Danforth Crowley.

“Goodbye Yellow Brick Road” was written by Dawn Prestwich & Nicole Yorkin and directed by Nick Gomez.

Source: ABC

- Promotional Photos

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Flash Forward Ep. 1.18 Discussion

Postby fingersplints on Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:12 am

just started watching it. :S
mafia timer

Miss Ford <3
fingersplints
Star Billing

Postby ripzfx on Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:41 am

Loved it :D Except the parts in Afghanistan...I don't think anyone cares about that guy or his daughter. :whistle:
Image[/center]
ripzfx
Show Expert

Postby b3rt4 on Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:06 am

Meh, I really hope they give this show a proper ending at the end of this season...
It's just all so **** weird, I don't even know how to describe it. It's just a complete mess...

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

Postby SmokeyD on Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:00 pm

Wow... where do I start??? O.o

First of all, there is no mountain range south of Qandahar, it's plains/desert...

Second... So, the CIA is going to allow someone (even an undercover double agent) to leak THAT MUCH INFORMATION?!?!?! Who are they kidding???? Even when they first showed the fish lady the first time, I was already yelling at the TV "C'mon... they flipped her that easy???)

And, on top of this one.. She nows that Simon is working with the bad guys. As a "Double Agent" she could at least report this to Vogel...

Third, an Autistic somehow manages to follow Olivia and the other dude all the way from LA to Phoenix????

Fourth.. After the FBI finds a mole & a bug in the leader of the investigations office, They didn't wire it/camera/ force field the living heck out of it???

Fifth, Are you really going to let a 6 year old girl pigout on popcorn to only then offer her a frozen pizza for dinner???

Six... So, now we are back to test tube #56 as the father of the Baby???

So much here... so little time... :thumbsdown:

b3rt4 wrote:Meh, I really hope they give this show a proper ending at the end of this season...
It's just all so **** weird, I don't even know how to describe it. It's just a complete mess...

"TV by the Numbers" has all but confirmed that it will not be re-newed... So hopefully... at least we get a decent conclusion..
http://tvbythenumbers.com/category/renewcancel-abc-shows
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby HannaK on Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:49 pm

SmokeyD wrote:Fifth, Are you really going to let a 6 year old girl pigout on popcorn to only then offer her a frozen pizza for dinner???
I was thinking the exact same thing when I watched that scene!! :D

Anyway, on one hand I like Janis working as a sort of double double agent because it seems to fit her character better but I agree that it is totally weird that they let her leak that much info.
I would definitely be okay with 1 season, it's a shame though, the concept is good, the execution not so much
Two Sides wrote:I found the Juliet to my Shawn :wub: :wub:

"Words are futile devices.''
HannaK
Supporting Actor

Postby b3rt4 on Sat May 01, 2010 9:39 am

HannaK wrote:
SmokeyD wrote:Fifth, Are you really going to let a 6 year old girl pigout on popcorn to only then offer her a frozen pizza for dinner???
I was thinking the exact same thing when I watched that scene!! :D

Can't even remember that scene. :lol:

SmokeyD wrote:Third, an Autistic somehow manages to follow Olivia and the other dude all the way from LA to Phoenix????

Well but he knew that Olivia would be there at that exact time so you can't really say he "followed" them.

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

Postby Sym on Sat May 01, 2010 11:18 am

Janis for me is a shock!!!
Good i like F.F :) and i love James Callis
TVSHOWTIME PROFILE
https://www.tvtime.com/en/user/6964315/profile
[img]https://i.postimg.cc/D0bT8qRW/Screenshot-6.jpg[img]

We are the rejected,the humiliated,we are the outcasts.We are the monsters that you created #TheFinal
Sym
Emmy Nominee

Postby vader182 on Sat May 01, 2010 12:02 pm

Few points, A.) you've all accurately cited the extremity of flaws this show has not only in it's narrative/character logic/factual stuff/frequency of it... but

you missed something.

B.) As if the show didn't already loose all credibility, the freaking FBI headquarters in L.A. -doesn't- have armed security? Not JUST a lack of cameras and so on, but on armed guard?! ....what the hell. They literally just ignore common sense stuff for the sake of trying to make interesting things happen while continually insulting the audience. WTF! :cursing:
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
We will be found in the end. 5.23.10

My theory that explains the whole show: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=19711&hilit=the+light+side+of+the+force
sXe
vader182
Emmy Nominee

Postby fingersplints on Sat May 01, 2010 3:28 pm

HannaK wrote:I would definitely be okay with 1 season, it's a shame though, the concept is good, the execution not so much

^^^ this :thumbup:

In general I feel like I want to like the show more than I actually do.
mafia timer

Miss Ford <3
fingersplints
Star Billing

Postby SmokeyD on Sat May 01, 2010 3:38 pm

vader182 wrote:B.) As if the show didn't already loose all credibility, the freaking FBI headquarters in L.A. -doesn't- have armed security? Not JUST a lack of cameras and so on, but on armed guard?! ....what the hell. They literally just ignore common sense stuff for the sake of trying to make interesting things happen while continually insulting the audience. WTF! :cursing:

Kudos dude... kudos... :hail: ...

Although it could have been worse, they could have put in a doggie door!!! :rofl:

fingersplints wrote:
HannaK wrote:I would definitely be okay with 1 season, it's a shame though, the concept is good, the execution not so much

^^^ this :thumbup:

In general I feel like I want to like the show more than I actually do.

I am with you on this one. I want so badly to like this show, and I think it is part of the reason that I am so hard on it...
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby Nautical Rudie on Sat May 01, 2010 11:31 pm

I wish people would stop beating on flashforward. Yes its not perfect, and yes it isnt Lost, but I for one think it is pretty entertaining for what it is.
Nautical Rudie
Stunt Double

Postby SmokeyD on Sat May 01, 2010 11:46 pm

Nautical Rudie wrote:I wish people would stop beating on flashforward. Yes its not perfect, and yes it isnt Lost, but I for one think it is pretty entertaining for what it is.

You misunderstand, I personally am hard on this show because I want to like it. My entertainment ends with it when they (TPTB) treat me like I am stupid...

There is a reason this show is not being renewed, and it boils down to the fact that they do not respect their audience, the show runners/writers, appear (to me) that they, want to throw any crap situations at us, and we are supposed to accept it...

I have said it before, step up or step out... but either way,...do it better... :censored:
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby beresford on Sun May 02, 2010 8:46 pm

I personally enjoyed this one, it's one of my favorites. The show has a lot of flaws in terms of realism and credibility, that's for sure. But I am pretty entertained by most of it. I loved the Olivia scenes and the Janis scenes. The only part I totally disliked and felt was totally wrong within the episode (and even more unrealistic than usual) was the Aaron's oneS. What the hell was that for? Anyway, I appreciated this one. And yay, Simon was back, even for just one scene!
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience

Heiots wrote:beresford is Juliet King! Just can't argue that fact.
beresford
Emmy Nominee

Postby vader182 on Mon May 03, 2010 8:00 pm

The thing I enjoyed most was James Callis' guest spot as the crazy guy dealing with Olivia, but that has more to do with my love of him from his role in BSG.

Despite the many problems that plague each episode and go so far as to bother me, I enjoy watching. The show has this fun balance between things that are kind of interesting/good and things that are laughable. One way or another, I have a mostly good time.

Doesn't make it a good show, though.
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
We will be found in the end. 5.23.10

My theory that explains the whole show: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=19711&hilit=the+light+side+of+the+force
sXe
vader182
Emmy Nominee

Next

Return to Flash Forward [No spoilers!]