Glee Favorite Songs

General discussion for 'Glee'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Glee Favorite Songs

Postby DestinyFound on Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:42 pm

Hey Gleeks,
I absolutely love the songs from Glee and in my opinion, sometimes the covers are better than the originals. I know some people would kill me for saying that, but thats just what I think. Another point to mention is that some of the songs are amazing by themselves, but the performance by the cast can either enhance the experience or ruin the song (which happened only rarely). Anyways, all the SpoilerTV Gleeks out there should post their favorite song(s) from the show via a youtube link that so we can share memories and discuss the awesomeness of Glee :w00t:

Sincerely,
DestinyFound
"Show Expert" for Glee and The Office

Glee Discussion: "Favorite Songs from Glee"

Here are some of my personal favorites:

This is my number one favorite song on Glee ever!!!!!!!!! This is such a powerful, brilliant, and stunning song! I can't even express how much this song moved me. Mercedes is so beautiful and her passion and eloquence blew me away. Her acting was spot-on and the chorus with the Glee cast was phenomenal. I dare you to listen to this song and not get the chills or start tearing up. Oh yah, this is also 200x better than Christina's original

How could you not love this 6 1/2 minutes of Glee? This was amazing and made the finale memorable for me. Journey was featured and featured proudly. The songs were done respectfully and with just the right amount of theatricality. The performance was reminiscent of the pilot, but i love how Puck and Santana sang a little. I really wish they sang more often btw. And the cast was so relaxed and seemed like a family. Love it

I don't really know why I like this song so much, maybe it is because I am a huge huge Mercedes fan, but I love love this song. The power of Mercedes vocals is revealed in the season and I was in awe. She was so passionate and the cast in this song was so loose and comfortable and enhanced the song. She truly sang for minorities and it fit the episode well

This blew me away (literally)!!! The vocal talent from the cast was brought to the forefront in this cover. Madonna would be proud of this arrangement. I loved the use of the cast in small intro solos was beautiful and then when the chorus comes in when Mercedes sings, "Let the choir sing" I got the chills. The performance defintely enhanced this one

The song by Madonna is a personal favorite and the pairing of Kurt and Mercedes was brilliant. Mercedes powerful tone and depth created an amazing song. The performance was incredible, with the marching band and the cheerleaders performing for the entire school with Will looking with dismay when he saw his Glee kids working with the Cheerios was priceless

This was just freaking amazing! Neil made the song amazing. He has such an amazing voice and the contrast between his own voice and Will's was amazing. My favorite part was when they hit the high notes at the end. It was such a powerful performance and since it was on a Les Mis set I have to love the song ;)

This was sick! It was the perfect song for 2nd half of the song. It was edgy and perfect for the episode (which was a great one imo). I would have never thought that rachel would sound good singing that song. The chorus is great too. The performance is funny and the cast is great

Ok I will stop now, but I really do want to hear your favorites
Have fun :D
Last edited by DestinyFound on Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:57 am, edited 9 times in total.
Show Expert for Glee and The Office
DestinyFound
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Glee Favorite Songs

Postby Two Sides on Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:46 pm

Destinyfound, you know i dont like glee much but i have to say... i liked these two:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Awesome. I assume you are the Glee Show Expert??? :w00t:
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby DestinyCalls on Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:23 pm

One of my favorites it Imagine with the deaf school. Another is Somebody To Love.
DestinyCalls
Extra

Postby Notice on Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:24 pm

there are so many songs i love, but i'll try to keep it short :D

Poker Face

Don't Stop Believin' (Regionals Version)

Rose's Turn

Leaving On A Jet Plane

Defying Gravitiy (Rachel)

Don't Rain On My Parade

Sweet Caroline

Hate on Me and Gives You Hell (videos were already posted above)

i think that's all for now :rofl:
It doesn't matter who we were... It only matters who we are.

Life sucks, and then you die. And then it still sucks.
Notice
Star Billing

Postby mralphafreak on Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:42 am

Bohemian Rhapsody from the season finale was epic. Jonathan Groff just owns that song and it is my favorite from all the songs.
Followed by Don't Rain on My Parade, which is not only a real modern showtune (and probably the only one in the series so far), but it is Lea Michele's best song. Her stron and powerful voice suited that song, while she is mostly over thetop with the other ones.
It's a Man's Man's Man's World showed that Dianna Agron learned a lot during the first season. Though she wasn't perfect for the voice, it was one of the most underrated songs sung by a second-row character. Same with Funny Girl, though Idina Mentzel has a great voice in this one.

Okay... the least favorite ones... Gives You Hell, One, From Sir with Love, most of the Finn solos (he doesn't have the voice to carry his own song), Vogue (way too autotuned)
mralphafreak
Viewer

Postby Jansky on Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:49 pm

One of my faves which hasn't been mentioned so far would have to be:

My life would suck without you...

I totally love the song, amongst others. Just really fills me up and makes me want to dance along one of the things about Glee that I love most. Already been mentioned but Dream On frequently gets played on my ipod Neil Patrick Harris squeee!

Bad Romance

Come on who doesn't think how awesome is Chris Colfer in this particular number?? :D
'I haven't got a problem, I've got problems plural!'
-Ted (Four Rooms)
Jansky
Viewer

Postby Joshua on Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:08 pm

I've split it by album to make it easier to choose :D

From Volume One ~ Don't Stop Believing/Maybe This Time

From Volume Two ~ Don't Rain On My Parade

Unreleased from Season One ~ Last Name/Halo-Walking On Sunshine

From Volume Three ~ Gives You Hell/One Less Bell To Answer/Home/Dream On/Poker Face

From Power of Madonna ~ Like A Prayer

From Journey To Regionals ~ Faithfully/Any Way You Want It-Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin'/Don't Stop Believing

... So pretty much all of the Cheno ones :lol: Plus the other greats :D
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby Notice on Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:54 pm

i forgot "I dreamed a dream", didn't I?

Last edited by Notice on Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Notice
Star Billing

Postby Devil's Arcade on Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:03 pm

Two Sides wrote:
:wub: :wub: :wub:

Springsteen song. :thumbup:
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert

Postby DestinyFound on Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:16 pm

This is such a powerful song, I have no idea why I forgot to include it.
This is a def. example of the cover being better than the original imo.
It has such a relaxed feel to it (similar to Hate on Me). I just love love love it :)
Show Expert for Glee and The Office
DestinyFound
Show Expert

Postby MccKate on Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:05 pm

There are so many amazing songs from Glee that I could create a neverending list!!! However, I am gradually purchasing all the soundtracks from Season One, and have found myself being reintroduced to songs that I had forgotten were featured on the show. I warn you now, this means I will probably edit this post hundreds of times as my Glee Soundtrack colleciton increases :P

1. How can you have any list of Glee songs without including the one that started the ball rolling. I know that it quite often gets forgotten becuase they have done so many songs, but it was ridiculously popular when it first came out. Although I love the first version Glee cast performed, when there was only 5 or 6 of them, the Final performance really shows how they have developed as a group.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ffuCVLECpY

2. I wanted to post the Final performance of "Somebody to Love" because I think it takes the song up a level, but could only find this link, enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTt4pyfXXUE

Follow me on Twitter!
MccKate
Show Expert

Postby Notice on Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:48 pm

:)

Notice
Star Billing

Return to Glee Discussion [No Spoilers!]