What songs do you want to hear on Glee?

General discussion for 'Glee'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

What songs do you want to hear on Glee?

Postby DestinyFound on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:04 pm

Hey Everyone,

Glee is coming back to our lives in less than a month and I couldn't be more excited! I am soooo pumped and I want to build up some hype on this forum in a fun way. When ever I listen to the radio, I hear a great song and think, "that would sounds great on Glee!" So I want everyone to post a song that would sound great on the show. Just post a short reason why it would sound great and then post the song (i.e. via youtube). I can't wait to discuss!!!

Sincerely,
DestinyFound
"Show Expert" for Glee and The Office

Glee Discussion: "What songs would you like to hear on Glee?"

Even if you are shy on the forum or maybe just browsing, please post. It makes the discussion so much more fun! :)
Last edited by DestinyFound on Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:03 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Show Expert for Glee and The Office
DestinyFound
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: What songs do you want to hear on Glee?

Postby Iceman on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:06 pm

ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby DestinyFound on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:27 pm

I love Coldplay and this is my favorite song by them. Now that Coldplay gave Glee permission to use their entire library, there are endless possibilities. I think that it should be arranged as a duet, it would probably be sung with Finn and Rachel due their prominence in the show, but I would like to hear mini solos from Mercedes, Tina, Kurt, and Artie. In a similar fashion as in the Madonna tribute's "Like a Prayer". The chorus is phenomenal and would be great on the show. The song should be placed in an emotional episode, possibly even about death. This is a heavy topic, but Glee can pull it off!

@Iceman: That is an amazing song! I doubt the song would be on due to the lyrics, but other than that the song would sound great on the show. I doubt this was your intention, but I am now addicted to this song. I have now listened to it 18 times. Yikes, I should really stop. haha
DestinyFound
Show Expert

Postby Notice on Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:43 pm

I like 3 Doors Down and I think the song "Be Like That" could be featured in Glee. it has a nice theme and could fit for nearly every character :)

"Let Me By Myself" would fit for Season 1 early Finn ^^

Michelle Featherstone's "Stay" would be perfect for Rachel. Maybe if she sang it to Finn :wub: :D

i can't think of more for now ^^
It doesn't matter who we were... It only matters who we are.

Life sucks, and then you die. And then it still sucks.
Notice
Star Billing

Postby DestinyFound on Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:15 pm

Yes, I know it is pop, but I think that the lyrics fit the situation of the, well, unpopular Glee kids vs. the jocks and cheerios. As far as who should sing it, I have nooo clue. It would have to be a male solo though
DestinyFound
Show Expert

Postby seth009eg on Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:20 pm

I wish they would do a Bee Gees episode, It would be really great, can't think of any particular songs right now but they should do it
seth009eg
Extra

Postby cheggie on Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:36 am

Something of Bruce Springsteen!!!
cheggie
Stunt Double

Postby Joshua on Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:42 pm

"What Is This Feeling" from Wicked would be epic :P
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby purpletoonlink on Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:14 pm

Ditto on the Springsteen. They've also not done a bad Queen song yet (Somebody to Love, Another One Bites the Dust, and of course there's Bo'Rhap.)

I'd prefer if a few bands were left alone - I didn't care much for 'Hello Goodbye', and I think the Beatles should be something Glee either keeps away from or saves for a special occasion. Having said that, I love the idea that The Beatles could be introduced to a generation just learning about music.

But yes, definitely Springsteen. If they did 'Born to Run' like at the Emmy's, I'd be chuffed. I'd also quite like to see Cory Monteith sing Dancing in the Dark and pull Courteney Cox on stage.
purpletoonlink
Viewer

Postby MccKate on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:37 pm

Looking through the previous posts, I was inspired by the Bruce Springsteen suggestion. How about some Bryan Adams? "Summer of 69" would surely make a brilliant group preformance, and would allow them to use Artie's ability to play the guitar. The producers do also seem quite keen to do ballads and love songs so they could also attempt the famous Robin Hood Theme "Everything I do."

1. Summer of 69 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f06QZCVUHg

2. Everything I do http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGoWtY_h4xo

Follow me on Twitter!
MccKate
Show Expert

Postby SLJCOAAATR on Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:48 am

I think a Gleek'd up version of We Didn't Start The Fire has the potential to be pretty interesting with maybe Finn and Puck singing it to Karofsky. :unsure: They'd just have to change a lot of the lyrics to fresher events and try to have it relate to the happenings of WMHS.

Terri singing Happy Ending to display to Will how much her life has fallen apart since he divorced her could be very fun and could lead to him possibly forgiving her.
Leave it as SLJ or Pancakes.
SLJCOAAATR
Supporting Actor

Postby SLJCOAAATR on Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:14 pm

So after doing a full series rewatch, I really feel like Glee needs to dip their feet into the punk genre a little bit. And the perfect way to finally get that going is by giving Tina an actual solo! :w00t: I'd love to see Tina perform something by Green Day. I think "21 Guns" could be handled by her rather well. And it'd be a nice way to see the gender-swap thing experimented with outside of just Kurt and Blaine. ;)
I could also maybe see Rachel doing either "Wake Me Up When September Ends", or "Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)" towards the end of the season. She'd use one of those two to describe how she feels about preparing for graduation and leaving McKinley.
It'd be cool to see them pull off 30 Seconds To Mars' "This Is War" in a group number, even though it probably wouldn't blend with the show too well... :(
Maybe Finn and Rachel in a duet signing Weezer's "My Best Friend" to each other?
Tino Coury's "Diary" might go well if they find an appropriate story to use it in. Puck or Mike might be ale to handle that well...
Leave it as SLJ or Pancakes.
SLJCOAAATR
Supporting Actor

Return to Glee Discussion [No Spoilers!]