General Glee Discussion

General discussion for 'Glee'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

General Glee Discussion

Postby DestinyFound on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:47 pm

Glee
Wednesdays @ 9:00 PM

Discuss episode 1.03 here . . .

Acafellas
When Rachel (Lea Michele) questions Will's choreography skills during a glee club meeting, he forms an all-male acapella group, the Acafellas, to build his confidence. The group originally consists of Will, football coach Ken Tanaka (Patrick Gallagher), woodshop teacher Henri St. Pierre (John Lloyd Young) and Howard (Kent Avenido), a co-worker of Will's wife Terri (Jessalyn Gilsig). After their first performance however, Henri and Howard drop out and Will replaces them with glee club member Finn (Cory Monteith), and football player Puck (Mark Salling). Former glee club director Sandy Ryerson (Stephen Tobolowsky) also joins the group, having arranged for Josh Groban to be at their next performance. Although the star compliments their rendition of "I Wanna Sex You Up", he reveals that he only attended to ask Sandy to stop stalking him.

In Will's absence, the glee club hire Dakota Stanley (Whit Hertford), a well-known choreographer, to help coach them to Nationals. Cheerleaders Quinn (Dianna Agron), Santana (Naya Rivera) and Brittany (Heather Morris) hope that the notoriously harsh Stanley will prompt some members of the club to quit, furthering their plan to bring the club down. Although Stanley is heavily critical of the group, Rachel convinces the members that their differences give them a unique edge, and fires the choreographer. The cheerleaders also lead Mercedes to believe that Kurt has feelings for her, leaving her hurt when he rejects her advances. He later confesses to her that he is gay, and the two make up. Cheerleading coach Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch) is angry that the club is now stronger than ever, and punishes Quinn and Santana. Quinn retaliates by thanking Sue for helping her realize that when you believe in yourself, you don't have to bring other people down. Will realizes that his passion is teaching, not performing, and resolves to recommit to the glee club
Show Expert for Glee and The Office
DestinyFound
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Glee 1.03 Discussion

Postby Nick on Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:43 pm

I didn't really like any of the songs this week, except for Mercedes' song with her horribly gaydar and everything. The episode wasn't really anywhere near the greatness of the last 2 episodes, but it was still good. I blame the Acafellas storyline...I just didn't like it, even though it brought a couple characters like Puck closer to the spotlight so they're not just background characters anymore. I like how he was there just to go after the moms. :P
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby Dreyesbo on Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:07 pm

Nick wrote:I didn't really like any of the songs this week, except for Mercedes' song with her horribly gaydar and everything. The episode wasn't really anywhere near the greatness of the last 2 episodes, but it was still good. I blame the Acafellas storyline...I just didn't like it, even though it brought a couple characters like Puck closer to the spotlight so they're not just background characters anymore. I like how he was there just to go after the moms. :P

I actually liked the Acafellas storyline. But I agree, this episode wasn't the best.
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby DestinyFound on Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:55 pm

I felt bad for Mercedes

I thought they were cute together
DestinyFound
Show Expert

Postby Nick on Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:45 pm

I do too, but I mean, it really isn't THAT hard to tell Kurt is gay. Still, though...it's hard not to feel bad for Mercedes.

And is it just me, but did they show a slight hint of humanity in Will's wife this week? I started to feel a tint of likability in there, which sort of explains why a guy like Will would go for a woman like her, but I still hate her.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby DestinyFound on Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:47 pm

I was really hoping Kurt wasn't gay for Mercedes sake . . .
I still hate her too, but i did sense a small bit of humanity in her

I still don't know why he married her :cursing:
DestinyFound
Show Expert

Postby Nick on Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:15 pm

I think it might've been one of those relationships where they seem so perfect for each other when they start going out and right when they get married, but as time goes on, things change and they start to realize they just aren't right for each other.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby DestinyFound on Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:13 pm

Nick wrote:I think it might've been one of those relationships where they seem so perfect for each other when they start going out and right when they get married, but as time goes on, things change and they start to realize they just aren't right for each other.

Very true :(
DestinyFound
Show Expert

Postby Dreyesbo on Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:20 pm

Okay, now this show is my guilty pleasure. Don't worry, though: this is the only optimistic show I watch. I'm still all for dark and brooding. :PP

But I liked the latest episode. Kristin Chenoweth rocks, as always, and their rendition of Queen's Somebody to Love was awesome. It shows they can really go against Vocal Adrenaline.
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Re: Glee

Postby Iceman on Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:31 pm

Because we do not make official episode discussion threads for this show (yet), This thread can be the official show thread, and discuss ALL the episodes in here, instead of making a new thread for each episode.

Thanks

Iceman815
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby Nick on Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:39 pm

They had some good musical numbers in this last episode. And the whole April Rhodes thing was pretty interesting and pretty funny. Kristin Chenoweth is great. Sombody to Love was the best number, but all of Chenoweth's stuff was good too. I kind of liked the indirect singing battle they had with April and Rachel at the beginning of the episode. I kind of though April outshined Rachel just barely.

And is it just me, or is Rachel getting on anyone else's nerves? She's too dramatic. I know that's part of her character, but still. Just because he gives one musical number to someone other than her she freaks out and quits because she's not in the spotlight for once and someone else has a chance. The other girl isn't that great a singer, but still, Rachel's antics are ridiculous.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby gocrazytonight on Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:52 pm

I really liked this episode, Chenoweth was awesome. I liked that Will used to have a crush on her and how he's still looking out for her. Finn in this episode was awesome. Finn-ally, we get to delve into his character and where his head is at for the whole pregnancy thing.

You're right, Nick, Rachel is getting on my nerves too. If she doesn't get all the attention, she leaves, basically. Her coming back was good, though, it just made the other play seem like filler. I also agree with what you thought of the singing battle-type thing, Maybe This Time. That was cool to hear.
we're the variables. people. we think, we reason. we make choices. we have free will. we can change our destiny
gocrazytonight
Extra

Postby hmbb on Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:38 pm

I love this show because it's sooo bizarre. The crazy nut case wife, the overly dramatic Rachel, the hidden love tension between the teachers, the baby daddy drama. Bizarre yet so entertaining. I watch it with my teenage daughter who loves to sing and do school plays and got to meet the cast at our local mall. It gives us something to do together and talk about.
hmbb
Show Expert

Postby Nick on Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:23 am

I liked this last episode. It was pretty funny with Terri drugging the kids and whatnot (though I'm sure that would've caused a lot more of a ruckus than the principal kindly asking for Terri's resignation in real life). She's so annoying, but still funny.

And Sue helping out with Glee club...I can't wait, that is just made of win. :rofl:
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby CJ Sonic on Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:10 am

i just watched the first 3 episodes and was surprisingly shocked how much i enjoyed it.

but anythin with jayma mays is good ;)

Shows I Watch (in no order): Fringe, Supernatural, Smallville, HIMYM, Big Bang Theory, White Collar, Glee, V, The Office, Doctor Who, Chuck, Castle, Cougar Town, Psych, True Blood, Being Human, Misfits, Modern Family, Suits, Firefly, Scrubs, Falling Skies, Game of Thrones
CJ Sonic
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Glee Discussion [No Spoilers!]