[Official] Glee 2.02 Discussion

General discussion for 'Glee'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Glee 2.02 Discussion

Postby CJ Sonic on Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:01 pm

Episode: 2.02
Episode Name: "Britney/Brittany"

OOPS, THEY DID IT AGAIN ON AN ALL-NEW “GLEE” TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, ON FOX

Britney Spears and John Stamos Guest-Star

When Brittany and the gang try to convince Mr. Schuester to let them do a Britney Spears number, he is reluctant to go that edgy. Meanwhile, an insecure Will is curious about Emma’s new beau, Dr. Carl Howell (guest star Stamos), so he convinces her to bring him in to talk to the kids about dental hygiene. While the dreamy doc inspires the girls to take their dental health more seriously, Will is left feeling worse than before in the all-new “Britney/Brittany” episode of GLEE airing Tuesday, Sept. 28 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GLE-202 sptv050769) (TV-14 D, L, S)

Network: FOX
Air Time: 8pm

Discuss this episode here

Shows I Watch (in no order): Fringe, Supernatural, Smallville, HIMYM, Big Bang Theory, White Collar, Glee, V, The Office, Doctor Who, Chuck, Castle, Cougar Town, Psych, True Blood, Being Human, Misfits, Modern Family, Suits, Firefly, Scrubs, Falling Skies, Game of Thrones
CJ Sonic
Forum Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Glee Ep 2.02

Postby theotherslover on Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:41 am

Hey, so what did you all think?

Quick thoughts for me

Nice one liners. The episode was really funny. I wish they incorporated the songs into the episode better though. All the the trips to the Dentist wasn't really cutting it for me.
John Stamos you are welcomed to the Glee family.
The dancing in this episode was superb. Talk about a blast from the past.
Oops I Did it Again- wrong key :(

That's all I can think of atm. I'll be back though.
Toxic was nice. Didn't like that they kept panning to the comments or that Will was in it. It was weird that the teacher was joining in with that song

Oh and mods, if you want to move this or make it official, :thumbup:
ImageImage
theotherslover
Show Expert

Re: [Official] Glee 2.02 Discussion

Postby DharmaLager on Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:05 am

Let me clarify before I post this, I really love Glee and the music from the show.

That being said, I'm really dying for Glee to get consistent with their plots. Characters continue to take one step forward and five steps backwards for me. I'll keep watching b/c I love the music, but I can't watch the school break out into cheers for the Glee group, only to find they are back on the bottom of the barrel a week later.

I wish the songs were incorporated better as well, just like theotherslover, b/c I thought they could have come up with a more creative way to introduce those numbers...but perhaps they were just trying to throw out as much Stamos as possible.

That being said, I'm not hating. Anyone on this forum knows I'm a Glee fan...I just want to see them concentrate on the story and use the music to tell it...not sacrifice the story, to use any music they want.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby SmokeyD on Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:50 pm

Ok... I admit that Glee is one of my guilty pleasures. And with that said it can be either easy or hard to critisize. But IMHO, this one really missed my mark completely. I haven't felt this negatively about an episode since "Finding your inner Madonna"...

Maybe it's because I am not a big fan of Brittany Spears (She's OK... and that's it), but this episode just had me cringing so often I found it difficult to watch sometimes.

Good things... Our Brittany looked AWESOME, but at the same time I found myself thinking TPTB may have even overdone that (I know... doesn't seem possible...)

Things I didn't think were 'so hot'...

Racheal really shouldn't try to cover a Brittany song, she has a great voice but it just didn't work me for on the Brittany song. Although I will say that she completely owned the song at the end... excellent...

Second, if a dentist (Any Dentist) knocked out/put under that many teenage females with no female attendant... there would be more lawsuits than an entire class of graduating Lawyers could handle.

The rest of it was just too much IMHO, I mean Curt getting that upset???, Artie on the football team? Sue's (And I love her to pieces) little schpeel about the end of the pep rally, and her 'lawsuit' was almost painful.

All respect to those who may have loved this, but it didn't do anything for me... :scared:
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby theotherslover on Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:32 pm

Some photos from last night
http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/09/glee-e ... ew_29.html

I totally agree SmokeyD
ImageImage
theotherslover
Show Expert

Postby DestinyFound on Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:22 pm

Glee Episode 2 ("Britney/Brittany"):

Alright guys, I am not a Spears fan at all, but I was looking forward to the emphasis to one of my favorite characters: Brittany S. Pierce (hahaha). There were some comedic highlights, mainly by Brit, but the songs and storyline were less than appealing. The songs were not so good and the storyline was well, non-existent really. I cannot stand how Jacob gets more attention than our main characters, such as Mercedes and Puck. Jacob is a disgusting character that has no place on the show. He is sick and weird. I hate him and how he takes up valuable time with his perverted ways. Does anyone agree. For me, the episode did not live up to the hype. I am hoping next week’s storyline progresses and highlights more than just Sue/Will and Rachel/Puck. Please, there is an ensemble cast that is getting no attention.

I'm a Slave 4 U

6/10: I don’t like this song in general so I did not have high expectations for this number. However I enjoyed this song for a number of reasons. First, this is the first Heather Morris solo and she has a really good voice. She needs to be highlighted more often. Second, the dancing was absolutely amazing. I have been a Heather fan for the longest time due to her dancing talent and this is no exception. Her dancing in the red outfit with the school kids was just fantastic! The song was clearly inappropriate and I didn’t enjoy that aspect. Great dancing, bad song.

Me Against the Music
7/10: I actually like this song by Spears and Madonna. I was absolutely blown away by the accuracy in relation to the music video. Did anyone else notice that? They really respected the original vision. The dancing was even better than “I'm a Slave 4 U”. Santana once again proved to me why she should be singing more in this show. The little section in the end with Spears was a little strange. I wished Spears would have actually been dancing and singing with Heather

...Baby One More Time:
6/10: Goodness gracious Rachel! Please don’t sing Spears again! I could not get into the song because it did not fit the story line (but neither did the others) and I don’t like when she tries to be someone she isn’t. The filming was nothing special and the vocals were less than desirable. The chorus was different than the original: a different key and octave.

Stronger:
5/10: Artie! Jeez, Spears is not your forte. It was far too computerized and the music video was awkward and was not funny if that’s what they were going for. The vocals were bland and did not change the original. Not much of a cover. The sequence of Artie playing football was weird and I really hope they don’t actually have him play on the team b/c that would be strange. He is not the football type and instead of attempting to get abs, how about you treat Tina with a little respect!

Toxic
8/10: Please Will; don’t sing a seductive song with a bunch of high schoolers again. It was awkward, disgusting, and unnecessary. However with that aside, the vocals were incredible! They actually took the song and did something totally new with it! I loved it. It was better than the original for once. However I hated the dancing and the STUPID comments by Jacob. It’s like, shut up when they are singing. I don’t care about your obsessive impulses. Also, why is it that the whole school went crazy for them when they perform, but during school they are at the bottom of the food chain?

The Only Exception:
8.5/10: Thank you, at last, a beautifully sung cover. This is why I love Rachel, not for her egocentric tendencies, but for her acting and vocals. She did Paramore justice and the song actually fit with the story line. The tear was a little unnecessary. It looked too fake, but the clips during the song were appropriate, but they could have highlighted other characters as well.
Show Expert for Glee and The Office
DestinyFound
Show Expert

Postby Joshua on Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:02 pm

Awful. The worst episode of Glee ever.

Messy plot, awful songs, ridiculous storyline...

I'll be posting a more in-depth review on the blog soon.
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby SmokeyD on Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:30 pm

PenguinJosh wrote:Awful. The worst episode of Glee ever.

theotherslover wrote:Some photos from last night
http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/09/glee-e ... ew_29.html

I totally agree SmokeyD

Hear hear :hail: ... I was starting to think I was the only one...

I will give it this though, TPTB usualy come back from an episode like this with a real show stopper, so it may be worth this one after all...
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby Nick on Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:02 pm

I didn't like it. The dancing was great, especially in that Slave 4 U number, and Brittany is pretty good, but everything else about it sucked. Much like the Madonna episode, it felt very very forced.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby DharmaLager on Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:58 am

It looks like I can't feel bad. I wasn't the only one who didn't dig this one. You can't take away from the great dance numbers in this one though, which a few people have pointed out.

If I'm going to take a positive out of it, it's that some characters who don't usually get the limelight, got some attention.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby Joshua on Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:26 am

I'm sorry, but was anyone else highly disturbed by all the Jacob stuff? It was unnecessary, and too far. Him getting "handy" over Rachel... I mean seriously, were they high when they wrote that?

And then when the girl was also shouting stuff at Mr Schu?

Wrong. Pure wrong. :thumbsdown:
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby SmokeyD on Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:48 pm

PenguinJosh wrote:I'm sorry, but was anyone else highly disturbed by all the Jacob stuff? It was unnecessary, and too far. Him getting "handy" over Rachel... I mean seriously, were they high when they wrote that?

And then when the girl was also shouting stuff at Mr Schu?

Wrong. Pure wrong. :thumbsdown:

Every point true Dude... :thumbup:

I like the show for being qwerky weird, not down right 'strange'. The whole thing was just too over the top IMHO. While I agree with most that the dance numbers were great, that would be just about the only part.

And, while I didn't mention it before, the whole Shue/Emma dynamic for this episode felt completely bizarre. So much that it left me by the wayside very early on...

I mentioned it before, but it bears repeating. TPTB that be will usually drop a clunker, but they follow it up (pretty soon) with a really good episode. I will avoid spoilers, but I hafta say that from what I have seen about next weeks, I may still have some doubts...
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby Joshua on Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:48 pm

SmokeyD wrote:And, while I didn't mention it before, the whole Shue/Emma dynamic for this episode felt completely bizarre. So much that it left me by the wayside very early on...

Completely agree. It was ridiculous, and out of nowhere.

Since when is Emma not the OCD-hygiene-freak we fell in love with in Season 1? She seemed to have left us in the second part of Season One, and is now a bit annoying really.
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby cheggie on Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:18 am

PenguinJosh wrote:Awful. The worst episode of Glee ever.

I totally agree with you. awful songs, ridiculous plot, characters that didn't seem themselves and too much Stamos.
cheggie
Stunt Double

Postby UltraVioletBlur on Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:13 am

:thumbsup: I personally loved the episode. Everyone said it was kinda stupid, but the fantastic music and dancing made up for it. I think they should give Brittney way more singing parts. I was shocked when I heard her sing!I personally love her version of "I'm A Slave 4 U" better than the original! Growing up loving Britney Spears, I just adored the music. AND GO ARTIE! Stronger was amazing. Best Artie song so far. I never really liked his voice until that song. I think he raps too much. I have to admit though I think the whole Artie-Football thing is stupid. I feel bad for him and all, but really Ryan Murphey? Your show is supposed to mirror somewhat the problems a lot of outcasts in high schools around the world face. I don't think there is one school in the world with a kid in a wheelchair playing football. Lea Michele just blew me away like usual. Cory making me drool. Haha.

Luv u guys!!!

XOXO,
~Becca~
UltraVioletBlur
Show Expert

Next

Return to Glee Discussion [No Spoilers!]